Damage Control March :)

G'Morning! :)

I am going to have a whirlwind of a day today! Working 9-11, home for a quick lunch, nail appointment at 12:30, should be home nlt 2:00, quick snack, work out, shower & off to mom's for dinner. Phew! I won't stop running til I get home about 8:30 tonight! :eek:

So I've been hemming and hawing over my rotation. I originally wanted to do a strict TA rotation (and still do!) but it's probably not a good idea as I have a Spartan Race coming up in May and do NOT want to be ill-prepared for it so this is what I've come up with as a rotation to fit everything in::

TA Muscular Structure w/o(30m)
TA Cardio (30m)
***Alternated With***
Weighted Circuit (15-20m)
TA Muscular Structure w/o(30m)
Conditioning Circuits(10-15m)

So that's one hour of work 6 days a week and I get everything in! :D

Gotta get ready to go now. BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I ended getting to Body Pump class last night! It was a nice change of pace. My shoulders...yep, both of them are bothering me now...UGH. Today I did Burn Sets UB and Tabatacise 1-5 with core #1 premix. Tomorrow will be legs and a cardio TBD.

I'm heading out to get a new band for my fitbit and then to use my 30% coupon at kohl's for some shoes and a new steam mop.

Wendy-wow, you have a busy day planned. You will get a lot accomplished.

Laura-hope your head is feeling better.

Hi Lori-happy training!

bbl

Hey Ladies,

Y'day's work out was a doozey and I have the DOMS to show for it!:eek: My biceps, posterior shoulders and overall legs are sore. :)

This is what I did....

15 mins of alternating Turkish get ups for a total of 26 reps.

TA Muscular Structure dvd.

The following conditioning circuits:
10@30/30 of heavy one arm kb swings
4@20/20 of plank to push up and speed squat with one arm shoulder press
4@20/20 of burpees and jumping jacks holding light dbs. (the interval timer was set for 8 rounds for the 2nd two and I just switched exercises half way through)

Diana:: We have a 30% off coupon too! Perfect coz I need some new tops for work! Have you ever tried corrective exercise techniques for your shoulders? You shouldn't do them if/when they cause you pain but if the particular movement pattern doesn't cause pain, even if something else does, they are safe to do. You can purchase a set of Indian Clubs. They are extremely helpful with range of motion (mobility). You can also do a variety KB bottoms up exercises from holds, to squats to walks that helps to improve shoulder stability. I do all of these exercises though not as much as I should. I admit it. :eek: But since my shoulder injury I am trying to be more dedicated to doing them and my shoulders don't get the aches and pains like they used to!

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning! :)

I worked out with the trainer yesterday and we did legs. 10 mins into it, I knew I was going to be sore. I should have done my run before legs because there was no way I could do it after and today isn't looking promising. Maybe once I get moving and losin up. I also followed my training program last week and I was super sore in the UB as well. So all in all the , I have been sore all week! Lol

My eating needs to be nipped in the butt though. The girls at work don't help. I think they are all gaining weight and the ones that want to lose, aren't. Lol. I think one girl tries from Mon-wed and by thurs she is eating bagels with cream cheese again. The other girl is only 18 and I don't think she has the will power. After lunch on Friday she bought a cheesecake.....AFTER our work provided a estrogen lunch on Thursday with cheesecake! So it starts today. I can feel my pants getting a little snug, although skinny jeans don't leave much room to grow. Lol

Wendy** so you have your new workouts? Did you order P90X3 after? I enjoyed it but it wasn't has hard as I thought. I took a week off from it and didnt go back. But I need to start with the Pilates and yoga again. Feels like my legs could use some yoga now! Everyone is going skiing today, I don't think I can! Ha!

Diana** we need to get our taxes done as well. We should get a pretty good return this year because of the real estate on the house and the flop of a business. I think from the business alone our return is 12G. That's not including the 14g we paid in real estate fees last year. We may not be able to claim that this year, we may be better of saving it for next year.
I wi join you on the clean eating. Mine starts today. It will help to report here as well. I saw something yesterday about sugar being as addictive as cocaine. I find that hard to believe but it's probably some what true. Most of my cals have been coming from sugar lately. Good thing my program hasn't actually started, although oct is a long way away yet.

I saw a girl at the gym yesterday who is training for a figure comp. She still has 11 weeks to go....it will be interesting to watch how well she develops because we have the same trainer.

Tuesday we have an appt to see the paediatrician about DS1. Hopefully we will get some answers.

Ill check back later. We also have a get together later today, I'm gonna keep my eating in check!!!

Lori :)

Hey Ladies. :)

Well it looks like my calves have made peace with TA Dance Cardio because I did it y'day and they are fine today! Everything else hurts though! :p

This morning's work out was a 15 weight circuit of single leg squat curl press, reverse and side slide lunges alternated, one arm db rows, wide band squats and one arm renegade row with push up. It was timed...20@15 rest/30 work. I did it all on one side then all on the other, wash rinse and repeat. Then TA muscular structure work out and last but not least 2 rounds of 8@10/20 tabata using skaters and bear crawls for the first one and weighted jacks and speed squats for the second one. I was wiped out when I was done. :D

Tmrw is my final go around with this particular TA muscular work out and I will do Dance Cardio as well. Then things get interesting....:eek:

BBL for personals!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. :)

Today I did my 10th and final TA 1-10 work out and intervalled it with 5 mins of jumping rope x 4 rounds. :) Tmrw I officially start TA Hip! I have them all now so I had to pick one and that's what I chose...at least for now!;) Wish me luck! :eek:

Good Morning Ladies :)

We are on our way to DS's appt. This drive is so boring! Snow and cows....that's all I've seen. And a horse wearing a coat. I just want to fall a sleep. I am the worst when sitting in a moving vehicle.

Yesterday morning I did PUB chest and shoulders and a 40 min run. I had to do some form of cardio even though my legs weren't happy. Today I did PUB bics and abs, them ride.
My legs are finally in working order again. I can move faster again!

Wendy** can't do much with sore calves and quads, I've learned! Sounds like you are enjoying your workouts!

Hey to the other two! Hope all is well. Hopefully we will get some insight today on what's going on in our boys mind.

TUE

I AM ALIVE!!

Sorry i have been MIA - last week - work - one work NIGHTMARE!!! we are one short and another girl out sick all week - UGH covering 2 offices - AND i had a MIGRAINE ALL WEEK and couldnt call in sick!! soooo NO workouts got done .. NONE! I started feeeling better Friday - then SAT - I made up for no workouts - Brutus took me for a POWER INTERVAL RUN .. yikes that dog is strong .. it was BRUTAL!! LOL - it was trail run thru the woods- hills - mud - trees and stickers .. LOL!! Sunday we did it again .. and man are my calves and shins and ankles SORE!!! so are my quads!

YSTDY: OMG - had the SCREW part of my tooth implant put in.. a SCREW in my JAW (sounded just like DH screwing a screw in a stud in the wall :confused:) .. EEEEOUCH - ummmmmm just the screw part $$$$$$$$$$ .. and not supposed to have any activity the rest of the week :confused: :mad: :mad: WTH .. well that isnt happening .. I was out of it ystdy .. and today still have some pain/pressure .. ok - so I will be good ... but tommorrow ... HA .. think it will be ok to get some form of exercise!! geesh!

Lori - so you are going to enter a figure contest? I am sorry been out of the loop .. if so you are going to rock it for sure!!!

Wendy - TA - is that Tracy Anderson? sounds awesome!

Di - watch the shoulders .. I got me a new PILLOW to help w/my migraines and man it is helping w/my bad shoulder ... just a thought!!! (if you are a side sleeper like me)

Ok .. we are busy and shorthanded 2 people still .. sooo gotta run .. have a great one!

Hi Ladies.

Ok so DH was bowling and I wasn't working last night so I decided that I HAD to try Meta Hip 11-20. I just couldn't wait until this morning to feel the pain! :p That being said, I will not be doing it today but I WILL be doing a weighted circuit and interval conditioning as per my every other day schedule. :)

Laura:: Sorry work is so insane for you right now. I have felt your pain. Trust me! I hope it gets better soon! Yes, I am doing Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis these days and I love it! I am mixing it up with heavier weights and conditioning intervals on 3 days of the week so that I (hopefully) don't lose any of the gains I have made in strength, etc. TA is very different and takes getting used to. That's for sure!

Lori:: So were your legs sore the day after leg day with your trainer? Oh, I just reread your posts. Looks like they were! YAY! :p OMG sore calves are the worst! Luckily I am past that phase now! :eek:

Hi Di!:)

Ok, off I go to do my work out!

Hi Ladies,

Work has been stressful as of late...UGH. I've been trying to apply to jobs every couple of weeks. I should start hearing something back I would think. It's hard when everything is electronic, you apply online and upload your resume. It sure would be nice to talk to someone. I'm going to have a professional service assist with my resume. I hate paying for it, but feel it is worth it to help me find a new job.

My workouts are going...today is a BR w/o. Monday night is the last Bootcamp class before the summer session starts. Also, I think its the first day of the swim conditioning class. Overlapping with the swim conditioning is tri training.

Lori-wow, that's some return you will be getting. We've never got more than a couple thousand and now it's even less since the boys are older. It also means we aren't overpaying too much during the year. Can you share your lifting program with us? Clean eating most of the time and everything in moderation occasionally. I definitely need to stop the afternoon chocolate habit I went right back to after the cleanse.:eek: How was DS's appointment?

Wendy-glad you are enjoying the TA series and your calves are adapting. I figured they would. Our training has us running 30 sets of stairs every time we are at the rec ctr. She started with 10, then 20, and now 30. It is tough!

Laura-still dealing with the implant. I thought that was all taken care of but it sounds like they have to do things in stages. Hopefully it will all be over soon and you will be pain free. I hear ya on the work stress. Personally I would love to take the summer off and find a new job after that. Unfortunately we are not financially able for me to do that, especially with DS3 starting college.

gotta run...time to get my w/o on! bbl

WED

Morning Ladies ..

finally a decent day ... (traffic flow wise.. steady not hectic) .. my jaw is aching today .. no pain .. just aching .. strange .. I am blaming this weather .. it is humid and kinda rainy out ... I am going to attempt to exercise .. hope I dont mess things up .. sure dont want to set this damned thing back any!!

Wendy .. think my SIL just ordered some TA ... not sure which one tho . . sounds tuff and interesting!!

Di - yes this implant thing has been since NOV .. now this thing has to heal for 10 weeks .. then go back get another peice then it heals .. then go back and get anotehr .. then the final CROWN .. I may have to throw a party then .. LOL!!

Lori - soooooo did you get any answers about your DS1 ???? I am hoping so ..

Ok .. better run .. playing catch up today .. FINALLY ... have a great one!

Hi.

Collage Video is going out of business. They are having a pretty good sale as a result if you are interested in taking a peek! I picked up 4 more TA dvds as a result! ;)

This morning I did 12 mins of alternating get ups followed by 20@15/30 of stork, goblet reverse lunge, modified pull up, lower body band myagi & SB pu & forward roll and last but not least 10@30/30 one arm swings!

BBIAFM with personals!:cool:

Laura:: Glad you finally had a better day! So are you going to try TA when your SIL gets what she ordered? :)

Di:: Running stairs is not my strong suit...probably because I never do it!:p Job hunting sucks. Take it from me. I know! They say it's easier to find a job when you have a job so hold tight and don't give up hope! Something will turn up!

Hey Ladies. :)

This morning I did the Insanity warm up followed by Hipcentric 11-20 muscular work for the 2nd time and then another round of the Insanity warm up. Awesome work out!

THURS

Morning Ladies ..

I AM AT MY DESK .. finally!!! last night I did exercise .. trisets - lower body - EEEEOUCH - hammies and buttocks are a hurtin!!! today hoping maybe to get in a run after work .. it is cold tho .. but should be warmer by this afternoon and the sun is out and it is gorgeous!!

Wendy - yes I would like to try TA w/SIL - she asked if you liked them ... so do tell ??? what is your take on them??? think she got the OMNICENTRIC series .. think that is the total body one .. they look like they would work your body in a very different way than anything else ..

DI - so no more BC class .. what is next .. I know there always seems to be another killer class you will take!!!

Hello to Lori -

OK .. better run .. I can finally get some work done today ... have a great one!

Laura:: I have them all but am only just starting the workouts that are specific to Hipcentric. I love TA so far. She if different so you have to be open-minded and deal with feeling like a fool doing some of her moves! LOL But once you get used to it, you will feel less foolish and will be able to put more intention behind it and really feel it working!!! I haven't tried Omni yet but have heard it's excellent! LOTS of plank work in it, I am told!!!!! I know 2 people (Catheletes) who have been using TA work outs for a while and they are getting good results! One has been using Omni exclusively and is now into her first Omni Continuity disc and the other uses several different TA work outs including Meta Omni and Meta Hip. They are both very happy! HTH!:D

Good Morning Ladies :)

About to enjoy my 2nd cup of coffee! DH worked last night but is off tonight and we are planning to go to a friends house so we are just lazing around for now. The weather has been really nice lately but when I woke up this morning , there is a light layer of snow on the ground. I was going to run outside when DH woke but I would also like to go to the gym again for legs. I could also go tomorrow.

DS1's appt went well. Of course it leads to more appts but we suspected that. She ruled out ADHD while we were there just because of his actions. He was kinda just sittin there. She said kids with ADHD would have been climbing the walls. She is thinking he either has autism (on the lower spectrum) or Aspergers. We are happy that we are getting somewhere but then I think it kinda set in the next day. I didn't want to talk to anyone at work. I just wanted to sit and be left alone. Now it feels as if my life is up in the air again. I feel like I've lived like this for so long. Between the business that took his tole, then DH going away for 6 months (never knowing if he'd truly graduate) then the move renting from a crazy person, then another move 6 weeks later.... This diagnosis could take us home. Which should be good right? Then why do I feel so blah? Probably because for me this means I wouldn't work, probably wouldn't have to many friends In these small little communities, what about the competition I wanted to do? I to DH I wasn't registering for it and wasting $350 if I wasn't even gonna be here. If we move it would be before the school year again. DH thinks I may lose my mind. Lol. He keeps saying he's worried about me , I think I'm fine right now.

I had some good workouts this week. More cardio because I've gained a couple of pounds from all the sugar I've been eating. I need to get that under control today and tomorrow , then Monday will be much easier.

Laura** what's wrong with your jaw?? How's work going!?

Diana** we usually don't get that much back either but we are claiming the loss of the business this year. I don't think we are claiming what we paid in real estate fees last year. We may have to wait that out. So it was a 12g just with the loss of the business. That's not including child care and so on.
My plan for the first month is super setting. It was pretty tough. And it's high reps. I may do the chest work again today if I don't do legs. And maybe ill go to the gym early tomorrow morning. Should be pretty quiet on a Sunday morning.

Wendy** Happy Anniversary!!! Sad to see that collage is going out of business! I didn't order much from them but I knew they were there if u needed anything! Every trainer probably has their own site now.

I will bbl. I don't have much going on this weekend. I also need to get groceries!

Hello!

Hope you don't mind if I join in halfway through the month! I need to do some damage control after a few birthdays! :). Mine and my 10yo yesterday.

A little about me: I'm a homeschool mom od 4 boys ages 12, 10, 7 and 3. We live about 45-60 min west of Philly. I do many premixes and my longer workouts on the weekends. :)

Today I did XTrain Chest Back and Shoulders! Tomorrow I am going to try intensity step only. But we have a crazy day tomorrow with church and a birthday party. We will be 30 min east for most of the day. I have a bad feeling it will be too late for me to get a workout in before dinner when I get home.

My plan this week is to XTrain Burn Sets Bis Tris and core 1 once, 1-2 leg days and the rest cardio with yogamax on the 7th day of I do 6 days in a row. I am hoping for 2-3 days of abs mixed in and super clean eating! I will be aiming for 30 min of cardio/HiiT each time.

Hi Ladies,

I'm still struggling with motivation, it's out the window. Probably something to do with the job situation.

Yesterday I did 7K Runnin' of the Green. It was short but very hilly and my legs are talkin' to me today! Before that, my last w/o was on Wednesday. I ate something that had Maltitol (artificial sweetener) and have been sick since then. All I can say is that we should all stay away from any artificial sweetener.

Aquatic conditioning starts tomorrow night, 2 nights per week. I think tri-training starts next month. Soon my w/o's will be swim/bike/run!

LadyLep-welcome to our check in! You must be a very patient person, homeschooling 4 boys sounds very trying to me. The Xtrain series is probably my favorite. Good luck with clean eating, it seems so simple but in reality it takes a lot of planning.

Lori-I'm so sorry to hear the news about Rylan. Don't make any hasty decisions. Take a bit of time to let it all sink in and review all your options before making a decision.

Wendy-Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great time celebrating!

Laura-How's your weather? We are supposed to reach 70 today! Then it drops back into the 50's. As long as it's not snowing, I can start running more. Hope your mouth is feeling better.

My dear MIL suffered a medical emergency so please say a prayer for her. You all know how much I love her. She had heart attack symptoms and was vomiting blood. They've ruled out heart attack and will be doing an endoscopy today to determine where she's bleeding from. Pray for her please.

bbl

MON

Hello ladies ..

it is MONDAY .. AGAIN@#!@@! :mad: we had horrible storms ystyd and I was a TOTAL BUM ..today it is STILL raining . . my jaw is feeling better .. going to attempt to exercise today .. then attempt a bootcamp run tmrw ..

Lori - I am in process of having a tooth implant - they pulled one of my bottom large teeth - then did some bone thing with it - then it healed - then last week I had the screw for the implant screwed into my jaw .. and OMG .. EEEOUUCH!! now it has to heal before getting the "butt" and finally the tooth/crown .. long process!
re: Rylan - now keep your head up . . some forms of slight autism are HIGHLY managable .. and most kids will mature nicely and virtually grow into adulthood normally! Positive thing is .. you get a diagnosis and then determine the therapy to treat/deal with it .. this is a GOOD thing!!! so HEAD UP MISSY! but i tell ya .. I am right there with you with the stress and it taking it's toll .. the last 2 years have been a MESS ... lots of losses .. LOTS of uncalled for BS from complete MORONS that put me (us) in a horrible state of "limbo" .. praying for both our sanities!!

DI - praying for your MIL .. and our weather sucks!! LOL .. storms ystdy and more rain today .. the temps cant make up their minds what they want to do .. in the 60's today .. 40's at night .. we have some 70's then it plummits to 30 .. go figure!

WEndy - Happy late Anniversary!! hope you had a great time .. and the romance was in full bloom!!!

LadyLep - welcome - I am from AL - work in a large utility company - I taught fitness for some 27 years .. but no longer teach and am enjoying doing my own thing .. although here lately I need to get back on DAMAGE CONTROL also ... welcome!

OK ..better run .. have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.