Damage Control March 2018

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hi!

Wow, pilates sounds so expensive. Too bad since I hear it's really good for the core. I made it outside for a walk on Tuesday and Dan took a bike ride Wed. Today it's rainy, but warm. We leave in 2 hours to go get the Grand dog; so my workout today will probably be taking her for a walk when we get home later (unless it's raining-then Dan can take her!) My fitbit band broke. I've ordered a new one, so we'll see if that works out. I like the sleep measuring aspect of it more than anything since so many of my workouts don't show up on it-weights and the pool.

My partner at work has called off sick the past two nights so it's been long hours there for me. I'm still reading American Pastoral by Philip Roth for book club Monday night. It's still pretty depressing.

You got some really long weekend workouts in! Your back must be feeling better. I'm keeping up with my hip stretches. Plan to do the pool tomorrow. Yesterday I did Total Body Giant Sets with abs mixed in. I enjoyed it!

Off to get ready to go. Hope your week is well.

Beth

Hope you enjoy your Granddog!!

I did a BR w/o early this morning and then had my dr. appt. I did get a quick 30 minute walk this afternoon.

bbl

Well I was cleared for surgery by my primary care. They said my white blood cell count was low so they want to retest it in 2 months. Oh, my weight was up at my WW meeting this morning. I really haven't made much headway in the weight loss department. Aside from that, I am getting in some super tough kick a$$ workouts and lifting heavy. I took this afternoon off since I had 12 extra hours in this pay period and being a salaried employee means I don't get paid for them. I walked to the credit union to deposit a check, it was a 90 minute walk. It's 65, sunny and beautiful today. Then I took the shoes I need to exchange to the post office, and swept the salt (melting salt) off the driveway.

I think my sister and I will be getting together this weekend. Do you have any weekend plans?

You got 65-we got a snowstorm yesterday! Glad to hear you finally got some well-deserved time off for yourself and that surgery is a go.

Yesterday I ended up doing Flex Train instead of the pool. It's hard to go anywhere with the dog here and DH has to go to the gym since he doesn't have the home gym that I do. The firewalker section of that workout is so fun! I got a decent workout in and didn't hurt myself! Today I'm going to the pool and church later. I took today off work so it's kind of a bonus day. Of course, they are extremely short and I feel guilty. DH doesn't want me to go in either so it's a bonus day. Liverpool plays at 12:30. I got up early for the dog's early morning walk/business. Plus I go spend time with the cats in the basement. Planning on making some vegetarian chili today. So, no big plans, just a normal, relaxing day with all the animals!

Have fun with your sister. I'm thinking my mom and I need a get-a-way. She's getting burnt out from taking care of my dad and the whole house/yard.

Beth

I have not been sleeping and it's really taking a toll on me. Yesterday I was too tired to do much, but I did go for a 50 minute walk. It was honestly all I could do. I took melatonin last night and that helped. I plan on doing a w/o today, not sure what though. It's supposed to get up to 72 today. Definitely hope to fit in a walk too, don't want to miss this opportunity. DS2 is moving in to his apartment today. He asked if I could take him to Costco. I talked to DS1 and it sounds like he may be coming home. I feel so bad for him. He's was out of work for a while and now he his only working part time. It's taking a toll on their relationship. He is very upset about this. We'll see what happens. Next weekend I'm going to plan out some meals for when I'm recovering. Don't get me wrong, DH will cook for me for sure, but they are not WW friendly types of food. I should probably be doing it anyway, but it's not really necessary since I can cook fresh as needed since I'm here.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

I had to work early this morning so I got my BR w/o in at lunch. I also wanted to walk but it was cold and very windy.

How are you doing?

Hi. Sounds like you're stressed with not sleeping, upcoming surgery, your boys. I wish I could do more than "listen" on the board. Glad you found time to get a BR workout in today.

I'm doing ok. DS2 and his girlfriend made it to their spring break. Having the dog is a challenge. I don't know what we'll do if he moves back home after his internship. The cats and I might have to move out. They are so desperate for pets. We go down to see them a lot, but you can tell they aren't happy.

Been doing a 3 day pattern: Total body, water aerobics, and walk with weight vest. Yesterday it was too cold to walk so I did Rockout Knockout on the sliding discs with my boxing gloves on. I did the first two sections-so not the combos-whatever that premix is. Then I did some therapy exercises. I also worked last night so got lots of steps in.

Today I did Push/Pull total body. I have CPR training tomorrow from 8-12 then I'm going to the pool.

Beth

It's been a very busy day. This morning I did Cardio Leg Blast. I went for a walk at lunch. It was a pretty chilly with the wind, but I got my steps in. :) DS2 is moving more stuff today. He still needs to move his bed and his desks. I think that's about it. I've also been trying to fit in laundry between my meetings. We are taking my niece out Friday night for her graduation. Silly girl didn't want to have a party or anything until she passed her boards. This is her second bachelors degree, from the girl who didn't like school. She starts a new job in April working in the ICU. she is very excited. Until then, she will continue working at her current hospital.

Perhaps if the dog is there all the time, then they will all get along. My sister has 2 cats and 3 dogs. The dogs pretty much leave the cats alone. Nice job with your workouts! The weather is supposed to be nicer each day this week. Hopefully I can keep getting my walks in.

Woo Hoo for Friday!!! I've worked out every day and got my 10K steps in T/W/TH and hope to today also. I'm getting ready to head out to my WW meeting and refraining from coffee right now is so hard. Tonight we are taking my niece out to dinner to celebrate her graduation.

How has your week been?

I'm glad it's Friday, too! I'm off until Tuesday and can catch up on sleep. We're leaving in half an hour to take Riley back to her dad. We'll spend a few hours with Aaron (food shopping and having lunch) then drive both vehicles home. I started an in home care job after work this week and so far so good. It's great extra money, but my sleep does suffer a bit.

Wed. Riley and I took an hour walk and yesterday I did PHA. Feeling good and going to stay with this "rotation" for a while. Depending upon what time we get back tonight will determine if I do anything later.

Good job with your steps! Have fun with your niece.

Beth

How was your weekend? We got the dog back Friday and saw the kids. DS2 is now meal prepping with containers! The next time we see him will be at his graduation. I still can't believe it's been 4 years.

Friday I had a rest day. Sat. I went to the pool and did 45 minutes. Sunday was two walks (one with the vest). Today I'm planning on Muscle Endurance DVD.

Sunday we spent the day with my folks. We went to Hammondsport in NY to have lunch, look in some antique stores, and went to a winery. It was just what I wanted to do for my birthday (which is actually today!) It's nice to have the day off. I need to get reading on my next book club book and should clean part of the house after having the granddog here!

Have a good one!

Beth

Happy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you had a lovely day. Meal prep is key, so great that your DS is already doing it.

I've been doing BR w/o in the morning and walking at lunch. Trying to get everything done before my surgery tomorrow. Today I will be doing laundry and putting everything away for cleaners, they will be here on Thursday. I made chicken tortilla soup from costco but I cooked it in the crockpot with chicken breasts which I shredded prior to serving. My weight is up 2lbs today. I'm guessing there may be a lot of salt in the soup, I'll have to find the label. Other than that, I was down 2lbs at my weigh in on Friday. It's really still up and down the same couple of pounds. I'm thinking either the 21 day vegetarian/vegan whole food cleanse or whole 30 for the month of April, sans Easter Day.

I'm up for a whole30 in April! Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking and praying for you that all goes well.

I've been busy with my folks. My mom is now on crutches-did something to her right leg and it tightened up when we got home on Sunday. My dad was back to see his surgery doc yesterday and has been diagnosed with arthritis and bursitis in the elbow he had his shoulder done. The shoulder looks good anyway! I'm still doing my house call every night and it's going really well. The gentleman will go see his urologist next month to see what can be done surgically for him.

Today I did Afterburn since it was too cold and snowy to walk outside. Whew! Glad Cathe has a lot of Low Impact options. Tomorrow is the pool.

Back to work tonight!

Beth

This morning was BR w/o and a walk at lunch. The weather has been so nice and I so enjoy getting outside and taking a break from my desk. I called DS1 and he is planning on driving back on his 30th birthday, March 23rd. I feel so bad for him. He's sending all of his girls' stuff back here. He's also trying to transfer to Best Buy here. At least it's something and he can look for something else. I've been busy doing all the laundry and finishing up some work stuff. I'll probably be offline a couple days.

Wow, you are a busy gal. I'm glad you like the home health care that you are doing. That sure does make for some long days though. I hope you Mom feels better soon, and your Dad too.

The surgeon said everything went well. She was able to remove the screw that was in the joint, but left the other. Not sure if she couldn't get it out or if it just wasn't an issue. Slept most of the day Wednesday. The pain meds were making me sick so I've stopped taking them and have moved on to just ibuprofen. I have my follow up with the Dr. on Monday. Check back later.

Glad to hear it looks good. Get lots of rest so you can heal! My back is bothering me. Probably all the extra money I'm getting at the home job will go to PT. So it goes...

Is DS1 home yet? Sorry to hear about his situation. But, I bet you're happy to have him home.

Beth

The last time I spoke to DS1 he was planning on driving home on March 23rd, his 30th birthday. I'm sick about this breakup. The pain from my surgery is tolerable with ibuprofen. DH is waiting on me hand and foot. I continue to elevate and ice. I'll know more after my follow-up on Monday. My back is sore from laying about all day. I'm a bit more mobile today so that should help.

Is the extra money worth the pain? Do you think the pain is from your second job? Keep up the great workouts, living vicariously through you for a bit. :)

Finally managed a bath this morning. I'm feeling much better but DH won't let me do anything. I'm bored out of mind. I can't walk much with my bad limp and I can't be on my feet more than 5-10 minutes at a time and still need to keep it elevated and iced.

What are you up to today? Are you working this weekend?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.