Damage Control June!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Happy June

Wow, 3K for kitchen windows sounds like a lot. We replaced all our windows about 5 years ago for 10K. Sounds like your DH is making good on the "Honey Do" list. :) Yay for sleeping in.

I'm under the weather with a pretty bad cold/sinus infection. I didn't workout yesterday and I won't today either. The nasal congestion, headache and fever are sapping all my energy. I'm even considering calling in sick today. It's just that we have one PTO bucket that is for sick or vacation and I don't want to use it being sick.

The flooring folks are coming over Monday night and we have general contractor coming over next Wednesday to talk about removing a non load-bearing wall in between the kitchen and formal living area. DH thinks it will cost about 7-10K to replace the flooring in the house and I think it will be closer to 15-20. As far as the kitchen, I'm not sure we have enough space for everything I want, like a pantry, double oven, gas cooktop etc. I'm guessing we probably don't have enough money either. Oy

In other news, I'm super excited to my son. He and his girlfriend will be here on June 10th. I'm still working on getting the "almost" cleaned out bedroom ready for them. DS3 still has a few things to take care of, but I'm buying a queen size bed, bedding and a small night stand this weekend.

bbl

Sorry to hear about your cold. Rest and drink lots of fluids! Nice for you to get ready for DS1 to come home from CA for a bit.

Wed. I ended up doing ICE LIS-I was red faced by the end. Hard to believe that's considered intermediate! Thursday we were finally able to take a bike ride. I've washed the curtains in two bedrooms now. I think it's been 10 years since they've been washed-I usually just air them out on the line.

Sat. we're going to see DS2. He's staying at his house for the summer and moving into a brand new apt. complex in Aug. Little did we know that the place is still being built when we paid the deposit. I hope it's done by Aug.

Keeping it low key here. Sleeping 9-10 hours a night and just reading/relaxing/cleaning what I want.

Take care of that cold.

Beth

Checking in to report Butts and Guts Leg Blast done! (3 rounds of the lunge/squat combo was one too many-did plie squats the last round). Off to see DS2. Have a good weekend!

Beth

Well I'm still sick and haven't worked out at all this week. DH and I are heading out to get the new guest bed soon. Then I'll be shopping for bedding and a night stand. It will be so nice to have a guest room. :)

I hear you on the curtains. I wash the shears regularly, but have only taken the drapes to dry cleaners twice in almost 20 years. We should probably look into new window coverings, but that will have to wait for now.

Nice job with LIS and B&G!! That lunge squat combo is tough for sure. Oh no, hope the new apartment is completed in time. How nice to live in something brand new though. Enjoy your weekend with your son.

bbl

Hi all!

I've been crazy busy with end of the school year stuff going on. I didn't work out he last 2 days because I was at the homeschool convention. And I'm totally exhausted! I don't think I could even do yoga max today. I still have a few days left of the May rotation. I haven't seen the June one yet. I know IMAX 2 is on the list.

Sorry to hear you're sick, Diana!

Beth- sleeping for 9-10 hours sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

After 20 months, I got a period. I'm calling my Ob/Gyn this morning. Is this normal? Sat. was Butts and Guts and Sunday I barely got 2000 steps in (aka rest day). Had cramps and just watched the French Open and Manchester by the Sea. Ate like crap, too-craved salty things so my weight is up today. I think I'll feel better after seeing the doctor to figure out what the heck is going on.

Diana, are you feeling better? Got the new room in order? Visiting going well?! We saw DS2 Sat. and he's going to CA in Aug. to see his girlfriend and go to a music festival. LL-the Who is one of the headliners! Can they still sing?! My favorite Who is Roger Daltry.

Beth

Glad you had a good time visiting your son Beth. Hhmm, not sure why you would get your period after 20 months. That could be the cause of your breast tenderness too. I had a hysterectomy at 39 so I can't really help you. I had so much pain and felt so much better after having this done. How did you like Manchester by the Sea? I watched that on the plane on my way back from Ireland and really like it. Oh, I'm guessing my trip to London will be put on hold until things settle down there. I was looking forward to it having the time in London.

I bet you are looking forward to summer LL! I just saw the June rotation and it looks good.

I'm finally starting to feel better. Not yet a 100%, but better. Yesterday I did STS Disc-9-legs, mowed the lawn, and steam cleaned the guest bedroom. The floor was disgusting so I rented the rug Dr. and got to it. It took 3 hours to clean the bedroom, so gross. The new bed is being delivered tomorrow. I bought new bedding and curtains. Well, I got new pretty finials, white sheer drape and am looking for curtains.

Tonight the flooring guy is coming over. If I could afford it and DH would let me, I would replace all the flooring with hardwood, even the bedrooms. My kids struggled with allergies and asthma and we were told then that we should remove all carpet. DH still wants carpet in the bedrooms.

Time to find a workout to do today. I have an ortho appt at lunch-and I think he will tell me when I will be getting them off. I'm definitely ready.

bbl

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Diana. When do you get the braces off?! Did you find time to workout? You had a busy Sunday!

The doctor took a biopsy of my endometrium and I have an ultrasound of the reproductive organs tomorrow. I go back on the 20th to discuss results. She said it was good I came in, but offered no opinion. S0-wait and see. My hip feels great. I did STS 6 today. I love how it works each leg individually. I upped the weights a tiny bit. The one legged sit and stands are killer!

Off to book club in a bit to discuss The Secret History. It's by the same author as The Goldfinch (with Hobie). It's not nearly as good, but it'll be nice to see the girls. I also rejoined the Friends of the Library here in town. Changing my work schedule allows me to do more with that group.

Beth

I hope your test results come back as nothing serious. I'm so glad that your new work schedule is working out so well for you! One of the disadvantages of working at home is that you become a hermit and never get out of the house.

It's 8:30pm and I just finished working. I had a short Comcast outage earlier and had a ton of work to get done. I am feeling a bit better each day. This morning I did BR w/o and intended to workout at lunch but got stuck working through lunch and in to the evening. I'm falling behind on STS. I have an early meeting the next 2 days so I have no idea if I will get my w/o in or not.

So far the test results look good. I was able to read the results of the ultrasound and nothing stuck out as being abnormal. I do have a fibrous cyst near an ovary, but there's no blood flow in the region. On the plus side I don't feel sick at all. Yesterday I did CCC! I didn't jump as high on the air jacks, but got through with minimal modifications. Today feels like a good day for the pool.

I'm transitioning back to whole30 (with occasional wine). I feel like staying away from dairy would be good for my hormones.

BTW-I liked Manchester By the Sea. I thought it was a really sad story, but the acting was phenomenal! The boy was wonderful. We are hoping to see all the Academy Award films and plan on watching Moonlight next.

Glad you got a BR w/o in yesterday! Sometimes having to work cuts into my time, too! It would be hard for you to call off sick-but maybe you need to so you don't get too run down. You have really long hours. It's hard for me to have friends and work out and work too. (Plus sleep and everything else). I'm glad to talk to you here and feel like we're friends! I haven't even told anyone else about my bleeding except you and DH and my mother.

Have a good day-

Beth

CCC is a great w/o!! I modify several of the ab exercises and do my own thing. Also, I use the step for the roll backs and jumps or do the alternate with 4 plyo jacks and 2 regular jacks. I don't each much dairy either. The very occasional yogurt or cheese is okay. I should probably do whole30 as well. BR is having a 30 day "love yourself nutrition challenge", it's nutrition based and meant to help break poor food habits that are preventing you from reaching your goals. She offered some really good tips. One of them labeling sticky notes 1-30 and putting them on your mirror, then carry each days sticky note with you to keep you on track for the day. Stick the current day note on your computer monitor, your refrigerator, your purse etc. to keep you on track for that day. Absolutely I feel like we are friends. We really do have a lot in common too besides Cathe!

Lucky for me my DH has been going in to work early so I was up early and completed my BR w/o by 7:20. Had just enough time to get out of my sweaty clothes and make my protein shake before my meeting! Lunch was the next STS w/o (finally), Disc 10-CSB. I struggled a bit and had to lower my weights on a few exercises and skipped a couple pushup sections altogether.

Sometimes I would like to call in sick, but we have one PTO bucket for sick and vacation. I feel like I'm using my vacation time for sick time. Plus, as a new hire my PTO accrual is at the lowest rate.

ttyl

I read an article this morning about a woman who is a personal trainer who had to have a masectomy. She can't do push-ups anymore and is ok with it. I'm going to follow her lead and just forget push-ups all together! I need to focus on what I can do as opposed to what I can't do anymore.

One day of (almost all) whole30 and I'm already feeling better. The bleeding has completely stopped, too.

Nice job with workouts yesterday! You must be feeling much better to do both workouts. I did the pool for 1/2 hour yesterday and hope to get a bike ride in today. I love that idea with the sticky notes. I'm going to do it as soon as I use up some non whole30 foods and can strictly adhere to the program. I like easing into it.

Beth

You do such a great job in the pool! Yes, my SIL had a mastectomy and doesn't do push ups. She was overweight and never exercised until the last year or so when her daughter finally got her to start an exercise program. She hates exercising, but has lost over 40#s. Oh, and she was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so I think that helped her get exercising and also eating better.

I've had to modify certain exercises for a long time, I don't think anything of it. I can do push ups, just not a lot at one time or my shoulder gets mad. Today I did a BR w/o in the morning and STS disc 11-B&T at lunch. I really need to do better with my nutrition. It's so hard realizing how little food our bodies actually need. I do pretty good, but there is still room for improvement. I'm trying to stick to a protein, vegetable and healthy fat for lunch and dinner, and still have my post w/o protein shake. I've also been having a sliced banana sprinkled with cinnamon and tbsp of almond butter as a snack.

bbl

You are right about how little food we really need. My fitbit has taught me how I generally burn about 4 cal./min during fairly intense exercise. I think the workout manager overreaches. I have always eaten more because I "earned" it working out. Now that I can't workout to the max I need to get my eating under better control. I have started packing a snack for at work because at 8PM I'm starving and don't want to grab the candy at work. Eating no processed food helps me feel "clean". I admit I had a bit of ice cream on my baked apple after dinner last night and the ice cream tasted "off". Like I said, we're using up all the non whole30 foods! Your banana snack is so much healthier!

I took a good bike ride yesterday. I'm taking today off-will go for a walk, but that's all. I don't want to do too much and have my hip start hurting. It's not worth it!

Are you getting the new Fit Tower dvds? They look good for $15-$16 a piece. I have not caved. I still haven't even looked at most of the Slow and Sweaty because of the upper body in it. I might get the Legs and Glutes and Boot Camp-getting tempted!

Beth

I seem to recall that Cathe said the workout manager uses the calories you burn without exercise and adds to it the calories you burn during exercise. That's why the number is higher than what we think it is. I'm finding I need more recovery time myself. I'm very mindful of my shoulder and limit or eliminate certain exercises. Getting the food right is always the toughest part for me too...and sticking to it.

Today I did BR RTC Day 11 and STS Disc 12-legs. I've been wearing my 10# vest for these w/o's, but it makes me really out of breath. I finally took it off for 2 exercises and then put it back on. It was enough to get my breath back. My heel has been really hurting lately. It's mainly on the outside of my foot near my Achilles, but not on the bottom of my foot. I've been stretching and icing hoping it will feel better soon. I also started wearing my running shoes for working out instead of my cross trainers. Oh, and trying to wear shoes most of the time. It feels better with shoes on. Honestly, I'm usually bare foot in my house.

I'm not sure about the fit tower dvd's. I have so many w/o's. Can we use the original power tower with them? Do you know? I guess I should at least preview and see if I'm interested.

I think tomorrow will be a rest day as I'm picking my DS and his SO up at the airport and spending the day with them. Sunday we are having an extended family brunch with my MIL, SIL and her family so everyone can see DS. Also, DH hung up the new curtain rods and curtains, but way too high. The drapes are about 3" or 4" inches from the ground. So irritating.

Have a great weekend!

Good Monday Morning!

That makes sense that the workout manager does that. I had never realized that before today. How was your weekend? You had some fun times planned!

It was a work weekend for me. Work was fine. I am back to loving my job. Friday I did a workout for the first time-Low Impact Circuit. I did it as is and really liked it (although my step height was 6, not 8 inches). It was fun, but I liked the step part better than the weight parts. Next time I'll probably just do a step premix. Sat. I walked and Sun. was a rest day. Today is weights. I'm planning on Lean Legs and Abs.

How does your week look?

Beth

Beth, I'm so glad you are enjoying work again. That makes a huge difference. I can't remember if I've ever done that workout.

I had a wonderful weekend with my DS and his SO! Our family breakfast on Sunday turned out great. No workouts and not the best diet either. I'm not going to worry about it though. I'm back on track today. This morning I did BR RTC Day 10, and BR Blast Belly Fat Day 4, and tonight was STS Disc 10-CSB. It sounds like a lot, but Day 10 was only 30 minutes and the blast belly fat was 12 minutes. My eating was much better today, but I still need to limit my peanut butter intake. :)

Sometimes I hate being a homeowner. We can't catch a break. DH turned on the air conditioning last week and we had problems with the condenser unit freezing...the leaking water on the basement floor. This is a brand new condenser unit that was installed with our new furnace. They came out Saturday but couldn't do anything because it was frozen. They had to come out again yesterday and they think it is working now and is covered under warranty. Additionally, there is something wrong with the sprinkler system and it leaked water back into our basement. We may have a broken pipe but can't tell because the sprinkler box is in cement. UGH...I'm so sick of having water in my basement.

bbl

Isn't it fun having all the adult responsibilities! You have water leaking in your basement, and we have water leaking in our van. DH looked it up and it's some kind of plog in the windshield area. No idea how to fix it-will have to take it in if it continues.

Glad to hear your weekend was fun! My diet goes back and forth too. Some days I'm just hungrier and eat more than I need.

Gotta go-just had a visitor to the house.

Beth

Well I ended up doing Hard Strikes this morning. I skipped the push-ups and just did extra sit ups and torso twists. My fit bit said I burned an average of 5 cal/min.-higher than biking yesterday (4 cal/min.)

Beth

Hi Beth and Diana! Sorry for being MIA! Just finished up B's last Rec baseball game tonight. He lost in the semi finals.

Today I got in RWH circuit upper body with abs mixed in. Yesterday was Lower Body Blast. I don't think I've ever done that one all the way through. Not as bad, meaning not fun, as I thought! That was after an outdoor yoga class. Monday was Super Cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.