Damage Control January!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Happy New Year Ladies!!!

Does anyone have a New Years resolution they'd like to share? Last year my goal was to participate in at least one race per month. I completed 9 months of races. I was sick for the October race and tore my quad in November so also missed November and December. I'm still deciding on a goal for 2016.

December 31 and Jan 1 were rest days for me. Today will be the next STS disc and BR w/o's. I booked a trip to go see my granddaughters for their 8th birthday!!

bbl to see what everyone else has planned...

Happy New Year!!

Naturally, since I started the level 3 ice rotation on Thursday I woke up with a sore throat yesterday. It's like my body just hates rotations. I have done the first two workouts, but am debating about today. The symptoms are all above the neck so I'll probably try the workout for today-Metabolic, blast, and chest. I added abs to legs yesterday to make it an hour-and I'm glad I did now! I really like this series. Maybe I'm an intermediate at heart!

So happy you're able to see your granddaughters for their birthday, Diana! 9 out of 12 races is quite an accomplishment. I don't know what, if any, goals I have. I haven't decided on any yet either.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I had a morning haircut appt. When I got home I did STS Disc 29-Plyo Legs! I'm still having to modify. This round I used 2 risers and it worked out okay. Next week I may go up to 3 risers and see how my knee feels. If it causes any pain, it's back to 2 risers. I was even able to do some weighted front lunges!! I subbed quarter turn jumps for the 180 degree jumps and did plie jacks instead of tuck jumps. It's taking forever to heal from this. Learning from this experience...definitely do not push it if you feel any pain...it's just not worth it.

Beth-sorry you are feeling under the weather. Glad to hear you are enjoying the new series. I need to finish up STS before tackling ICE. I'm thinking of doing ICE/Xtrain rotation with LL next.

LL-What are you up to? I may be ready to start ICE/Xtrain on the 19th of Jan. I'm guessing I will back in the UK for the last week of January.

Tina-waving hi...hope you are having nice weather and are out biking!

bbl

Happy New Year! Thanks for starting a new thread Diana. :) We squeezed in a bike ride on Sunday. It was a chilly ride, but we were happy to be out for our first ride of 2016. Yesterday was ICE LIS #2 and abs and STS M3W3 C&B. DH bought a pair of #35's this weekend, which really came in handy with flys and one arm rows. We need to find another pair of weighted gloves and a short barbell to complete what we need. A pair of #40's would be nice too. It seems like everyone is getting out of the equipment business. We've been on every site looking for a non-threaded, regular sized, short barbell and nobody stocks it.

Diana, that's awesome you were able to get through plyo legs! :)

Beth, I hope you're feeling better! I'm loving this new series too. It's very easy to make it advanced by adding on extra reps during the longer breaks. The only disc I'm not crazy about is CUB, that one does seems a little too easy. Ten years from now, it might be my favorite. ;)

Hi to LL. Hope your DS is doing better.

DH is was picked for Jury duty this month, so he has a late start, so this morning we did PP together. :)

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was a rest day. First day back at work after a long weekend and I just couldn't get it together to go w/o. Today I did BR Day 12 and STS Disc 30-Shoulder,Bi's and Tri's. I used 45#bb for OH presses and 52.5# bb for bicep curls. I tried using 22#'s for the incline curl but had to back it down to 20# halfway through the second set. I did manage 22# for concentration curls. My biceps...ugh...bicep work is so hard for me. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, I have an orthodontist appt at 7:40am. The next BR w/o is 75 mins I think.

Color me happy....I booked my flight to go visit my little girls for their 8th birthday! Also, I'll be going back to the UK later this month. They wanted me fly out on the 16th, but I'll be in Oregon returning on the 18th. I hope they get the dates nailed down soon. It will likely be the 19th-31st. That really puts a damper on any rotation as well as the transformation challenge I signed up for. I'll do the best I can. I should finish with STS before I head to see the girls.

Tina-Woo Hoo...getting to ride so early in the year. Our temps have been in the teens and twenties. We are warming up today just in time for another cold front and more snow. You will love the 35's...I use them for chest and back all the time. I also have 2# weighted gloves so can get to 37 and 38 if I add my 1# gloves too! Wish I had 40's. I can't remember where I got my bar. I think it came with 50#'s (4-10's and 2-5's). Perhaps Sports Authority. You may want to look at the BodyPump site and see what weights they have available. I just checked amazon and most of those have the wide opening for weights. Good luck finding something.

Hi to LL and Beth!

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone??? Today I did ICE Chiseled Legs and Icy core 2 premix. I would definitely consider this an intermediate workout. I did modify a few exercises to accommodate my injury, even with that...my knee is killing me tonight. On top of that, I got a heavier wire put in at my ortho appt and my mouth is really hurting.

Hope to see what everyone else is up to.

bbl

Hi all!

The sore throat never went away. I hated to admit it and even went to work on Tuesday. I did wear a mask all day, but by the end of the day was feeling miserable. I went straight to the doctor and got diagnosed with strep throat. It has taken me until today to feel well enough to even get on the computer. Obviously, no workouts to report. :mad:

Tina, how many miles is your goal for this year? Sounds like you and hubby and quite a good stock of weights! I'm still getting used to my 30's and will probably only use them for lower body due to my shoulder issues. I tweaked my left one last week during the MTB workout-using 5's for the shoulder raises on a 45 degree angle. I iced it and did some of the rehab exercises and then since being off for so many days it seems ok now.

Diana, so glad to hear your leg is improving so much! You get to go to England again?! How lucky. Hubby and I fantasize about moving there and watching soccer live at one of the stadiums every week. At least you've already got the wardrobe this time!

I'm off to wash my pajamas!

Beth

Yesterday was M3D33 in the a.m. with DH (I could really get used to him being home) and Yoga Relax in the p.m. I had a belly ache from all the laughing. His dancer pose looked like a weather vane, poor guy doesn't have great balance. This morning was M3D32 plyo legs and SJ&P abs. We're hoping he gets out early today so we can squeeze in a short bike ride. It's 42 degrees today, it feels like a heat wave after last week. :)

Diana, I am so maxed out at 50lbs for biceps. I have to make grunty noises on the last rep in each set, and we're on week three, only six reps. You're biceps must be amazing!! That's awesome you'll be visiting your GD's soon. You must be racking up the flyer miles. :)

Beth, sorry to hear your still not feeling well. Happy to hear your shoulder is feeling better! :)

LL, what are you up to?

Hi Ladies,

Today was the long 75 min BR w/o...and I am wiped. Tomorrow will hopefully be the next 2 sts discs-C&B and Plyo Legs. I think I have 6 more discs to go and really need to complete this rotation before I leave. I wish my knee would heal...it's so annoying to have to modify everything I do. It's really easy with the BR w/o's, but a little more difficult with Cathe.

I started the Jan abs challenge at the gym a little late. It is 12,000 reps total of a bunch of different ab exercises. I have to do 444 reps everyday to complete the challenge. I meet up with my coach on Saturday to get my beginning stats for the transformation challenge. I'm tired of not being able to lose weight, so opted for the transformation challenge this time. This is to improve your body composition...decrease body fat and increase muscle mass. It doesn't really matter if my scale weight stays the same.

Has anyone done the ICE Chiseled Upper Body? What was it like? I haven't done any of the blizzard blasts yet, but am really looking forward to when I can do them.

This next UK trip will be to a much nicer area. I'm looking forward to that. I think our hotel may be within walking distance to the office...less than 2 miles.

Beth-I hope you feel better soon! Perhaps you can use a 1 or 2 lb weighted glove for that exercise in the future, or just do rear flys intsead. Find an alternate or just skip the problematic exercise.

Tina-wow, you and DH are cruising through Meso 3. I hope to finish up next week some time. TBH, I've never done either of the Yoga w/o's. Sad but true. I keep thinking I should look into a beginning yoga class or pilates reformer class. It might help reduce injuries...just a thought. No, biceps are my weakest link. I have always struggled with bicep work, it is just so tough and I don't have any definition to show for my hard work.

LL-what are you up to? Have you finished the RWH rotation and started ICE/Xtrain? I'm looking forward to Xtrain for sure. The weight work is awesome in this series.

bbl

Hi all!

I'm feeling much better, finally! Today I did ICE Rock Em Sock Em-whatever it's called-just the main workout and the tricep meltdown. Then I felt like vacuuming!(OK, just the upstairs). Yes, I did go to work today-called off sick on Wed. and Thurs. was a day off. So after starting antibiotics and resting things are improving. I really like the one body part per day. Body Beast did that for some of its rotation I really liked it then, too.

Tina, did you get a bike ride in? It's gotten really cold here in the past two days, so it may be headed your way. What are you going to do after STS? Start again? Go in pyramid style of it? It really is versatile. Maybe I'll use it for one body part/day after I get tired of the MM. Is it Meso 2 or 3 that does all the chest before moving on? I hope it's 2 because that was my favorite meso!

Diana, my biceps are weaker than your so don't worry! Today I used 3 lbs for some of the tricep work. Yes, I want to lift heavy, but I don't want to hurt myself more. I'm a bit resigned now to more endurance than mass building. Have you been back to the doctor for your knee/quad? I did the Chisled Upper Body once and honestly don't remember it. I think each area was hit, it was pretty easy (although you could heavy up), and the time flew by.

LL, how is school going? DS2 goes back to college Sunday already. It's still a little weird when he's not home-like part of our pack is gone. Then we get used to it and he comes back!

Happy Friday all!

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA. Saturday was a rest day (long work day), Sunday was M3D 34 (?) C&B. Yesterday was XT Ride and ICE MM back. Today will be ICE LIS and a MM, either biceps or triceps. DS is doing really well so far with the MM's. I love that there is a premix of WU, MM, and stretch. They seem to time out around the 30 minute mark. We've been walking two to four miles everyday with the dogs.

Diana, when do you leave for the UK again? I did CUB last week and I think this one is my least favorite. I'll give it another try soon and re-evaluate. I've done all the BB's and my favorite so far is the one on the MTB workout. I'll be using this one often for an add on during a weight day. I'm reading Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle right now, and it goes into how you should never look at the scale when trying to transform your body, as muscle weighs so much more than fat. I'm only on chapter four, but so far it seems very no nonsense. Sounds similar to your challenge you signed up for.

Beth, I hope your totally feeling better now. Don't you love the ICE kickboxing workout? The music is really good in this one. I hear you about missing part of the pack. DD has only moved a few doors down, but the house feels empty without her. How is your shoulder feeling?

LL, where are you?? I hope all is well. :)

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA too. Busy with work and preparing to go see my girls then off to the UK. I'm going to visit the girls this Sat-Mon, then leave on Tues to the UK until the 31st. I'm stressing a bit because I haven't booked my travel...office politics etc. Hopefully today I will get the go-ahead.

My workouts have been consistent between BR and STS. I have the last 3 discs to finish up this STS rotation. Today I'm doing plylo legs and tomorrow will be C&B and plan to finish on Friday with CST. I have an early flight on Sat so won't be working out that day.

Tina-How is your pet sitting going? Did you come up with business plan? The MM premixes sound great for LL. I have that book and refer to it often. I still need to have DH take pictures...UGH...seriously it's truly the best way to see changes, especially when the scale isn't moving. 3 pictures are required every 2 weeks, front/side/back. My abs are coming around with the ab challenge I'm doing. If any of you are interested, pm me and I will email the document to you. You are leaps and bounds ahead of me, I haven't done any of MM's or BB's...sad but true. My knee is coming along albeit very slowly.

Waving Hi to Beth and LL.

Hi ladies,

I went from strep throat to a severe headache. It was so bad, I couldn't read or get on the computer. It's gone now. It also seemed to get worse when my heart rate went up. Anyway...enough moaning. I worked out the last 5 days-all ICE and all good workouts. I don't know yet if I'll do anything today. There's a good soccer match on in 15 minutes so maybe after that. Yesterday I did MM shoulder and am good! I stayed a little light, but was so happy to finish it and to have DOMS today!

Diana, have a great time traveling to see the twins! England will be work, but I hope you can use the time to rest your quad and get healed. Safe travels! Good job with STS and BR! What are you planning next?

Tina, that book sounds good! I'm reading-trying to The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt-have you heard of it? It's really good so far. It's not like any other book I've read. It's basically a coming of age story of a boy living in NYC-so far anyway. Good job on the workouts and biking! You are so inspiring.

Hi, LL-you ok?

Beth

Um, hi, forgot again and was wondering "has everyone stopped using the forums??" It was me....forgetting again.

Short update bc dealing with boys and life and the rough day. I finished up the RWH two month rotation on Sunday!!! Monday I started my own "ICE XTrain and More rotation. My template is 1-2 wks HiiT/heavy wts and 1-2 circuits/legs/stuff. So here was my week:
Monday-Sweat wo1 only
Tuesday-XTrain Legs standing and floor only
Wednesday off
Today- ICE Rock em all 46 min!

I like ice ok, I saw today why it's intermediate: shorter rounds. At least that's what it feels like to me.

Scale is up and down for me. I'm back on WW. Ten pounds from the WW goal.

Hope you all are well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

It's crunch time at work. My trip was finally approved and booked today. I leave on the 19th and come back Feb 2nd. Longer than I was anticipating. Hope I don't run out of underwear! :eek:I'll also be out of town the 16th - 18th. Come home and repack for the next trip.

My little girlies are 8 years old today! So excited to see them!!!

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day...to busy with work. Today I did BR Day 18 and .....finished STS!!! I really wanted to finish this before I left on my trip(s). If I can fit it in, tomorrow will be CCC, with the necessary modifications. After that...it's a crap shoot. I'm going to take some w/o clothes to the UK since there is a gym across from the hotel.

LL-hello LL...we've missed you. Great job finishing up the RWH rotation!!!! Looks like you have a great plan. What is the new WW smart points? I do have say I'm some what of a WW junkie...and go back to it from time to time. I always lose weight when I stick to the plan. My focus isn't just on the scale weight though anymore.

Beth-I was looking through my dvd's and think I might give Barry's Boot Camp a go. I also really like the Gym Styles too.

Tina-I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, the bodyrock site has some equipment and it looks like they have straight bar with clips. Take a look if you are interested: http://shop.bodyrock.tv/collections/equipment

bbl

We finished STS on Wednesday! I'm so happy DH stuck through to the end, he really enjoyed it. We're going to do a few weeks of XT, GS and RWH and then to another round of STS. Yesterday was ICE CLB BB and MM shoulders. I really enjoyed the shoulder section. Last night was PP with DH. This morning will be ICE BC and then the original BC with DS, just the leg premix. DS has been doing really well watching what he eats and keeping up with one body part per day weights and walking. He bought a fitness watch last night and we're reading Tony Venuto's book together.

Diana, good luck in all your travels. Your underwear question made me LOL. Happy birthday to your girls'. My niece just turned eight too. I wish I didn't trade out Barry's Boot camp a few years ago, I would have given them to you. Thanks for the barbell link, it looks just like the Firm barbell that we use now. It comes with a weighted vest as a bonus right now! :) Funny that we finished STS in the same week again, great minds.... :)

Hi LL, we've missed you!! WW is a great program, one that never seems to fail. Your workouts look great. :)

Beth, how are you feeling? The Goldfinch is one of my favorite books. The middle part, for me, could have been edited down a bit, but overall, I really loved the characters. I just finished Love Anthony by Lisa Genova and it's gone right to my top 10 list. I picked out The Mare for book club last month and really didn't care for it, it really needed a better editor. Why do I always pick out the duds?

Off to get this day started. Have a great weekend everyone. :)

XTrain burn sets bis and tris this morning. Hubby is getting all 4 wisdom teeth out this morning!

Diana, 2nd wk on ww, more details later

Hi Tina and Beth!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Now workout today...I basically worked..in my pajamas from 8am til 8pm. I really wanted a shower today! My bags are packed for my early trip tomorrow. I'm taking a small suitcase but it is jam packed with stuff for the girls. I'm taking a larger personal bag that I can put a few clothes in as well as my tablet and purse. My suitcase will be pretty empty on my return.

Tina-way to go finishing up STS!!! I really want to do the gym style series for a few weeks. I've had Barry's Bootcamp for years now...and don't reach for it often anyway. Tom Venuto has several books and they are all really good. He also does BTFFTM challenges. So, I added a privacy password for my before and after photos...and I can't remember the password. UGH These are prior pics, but I wanted to post my weight in there too as well as my current pics. I really don't want them on my phone for people to see when browsing my photos.

LL-Your poor DH. I was so sick when I had my wisdom teeth out..at 17. Hope it all goes well.

check back in before my next trip....

Wow, you guys finished STS the same week! Congrats!! LL, good to see you back and still working out hard. Your plan sounds doable and fun!

Of course, I'm already veering away from the ICE rotation. Maybe that's my problem with STS-it's such a long rotation. Anyway-I did a week of ICE with one body part/day and then Thursday was a rest day. Friday I did Leaner Legs. I'm hoping to do the back and chest muscle meltdowns today and maybe a long walk.

Beth

Hi all,

Saturday was Chest and Back Muscle Meltdowns and a good walk outside. Sunday I did IMAX 3. My legs are feeling up to more weights so today will be CLB from XTRAIN with abs added on for good measure. What are you all planning this week?

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.