Damage Control***Happy New Year***

TUE

Hey Ladies -

I was on vaca FRI - and had sinus head ALL long weekend .. thanks to sick coworker that came to work anyway . . we had one coworker move to another dept - so now we are short handed AGAIN .. so we have been slammed .. me and the boss having to work the cash window .. ugh! I worked out every day last week - (forced rest SAT and SUN b/c of sinus head) and did X10-hi/low ystdy - slowly trying to get back to my old good habits!!

Today the deep south is under winter storm warning :confused: WTH?? freezing rain, sleet, ice, and snow .. this is Alabama and Florida people .. what is going on???? I know ya'll are used to it ..but we aren't .. PLUS our drivers cant drive on a good day .. much less in the ice and snow!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Di - another cleanse - WTG!!! yes .. that description of Pilates sounds about right .. LOL .. I gotta do it again!! LOL ..

Wendy - great workouts .. and much needed rest - your job sounds as stressed as mine!!

Hello to Lori -

OK .. better run .. have a great one ... wonder what Baby Brutus will do with SNOW!!! LOLOLOLOL :eek:

Ok so I finally started my TT rotation this morning and what a work out is was! Holy cow!
It started with a 12 minute body weight circuit. Do all rounds of one exercise before moving on to the next::
4@10/20 of jumping jacks
4@10/20 of close grip push ups
8@10/20 of squats...
4@10/20 of walking mountain climbers
4@10/20 of prisoner lunges

Then...4 min leg muscle miracle::
20 sec of punisher squats/10 sec of squat hold x 2 rounds
1 min of switch lunges per side
20 sec of punisher squats/10 sec of squat hold x 2 rounds

And finally...6 min six pack::
6@10/20 of full burpees alternated with x-body mountain climbers
6@10/20 of punisher squat with hold as active rest alternated with spider push ups :D

Hello Ladies. :)

Calling today a rest day. I was up late last night cooking more food for the week and studying my NASM materials. I am also super sore. That's enough of a reason for me these days!

Laura:: Happy to hear that you were able to get your workouts in this week! Sorry about the migraine and the short handed work situation. I wish you and I lived closer. We go out for a CAB after work and drown our work sorrows in alcohol together! LOL

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I did STS M3/W3 Plyo Legs this morning! I did most of the exercises with my 10lb weight vest and weights. Let me just say the plyo moves were super tough with the additional 10lbs. Jumping on to the step, oh my!

My weight is up .6....:mad::mad::mad::mad:. I tracked every day, every morsel and was still up. Not sure if it has anything to do with STS, but I only have 2 weeks left and I'm finishing it. Swimming practice (for my summer tri's) starts in late February and HM training starts in March. It's the only time I have to focus on weight training and I'm too close to finishing the rotation to stop now.

Wendy-Oh my, that TT w/o looks brutal! Good for you for getting it done! I spent a ton of time doing food prep for the week during the cleanse. I actually did 3 or 4 days at a time. Some of the meals were repeated each week so it was easy to double the recipe and only have to prepare it once. I'm considering going to the Cathe RT in New Jersey. Perhaps we could meet up!

Laura-you just can't catch a break. Hope you feel better soon. I'll join you and Wendy for some CAB's, count me in!!!

bbl

Hey:)

WTH................swear I can't get my s&&& together always something:mad: Anywho, made myself get up this morning. I did CC Candace had an awesome run considering I haven't worked out in weeks EEK. I'm Back.

Stats

54:00 time
435 calories burned
4 miles

TT Wk 1 Day 2 work out was this 18 minute goody this morning::

Lunge Jumps (I subbed in reverse alt lunges) - 20 on 10 off x 2 rounds
Spiderman Push Ups - 20 on 10 off x 4 rounds
Lunge Jumps (I subbed in reverse alt lunges) - 20 on 10 off x 2 rounds
Total Body Extensions - 20 on 10 off x 6 rounds
Decline Push Ups - 20 on 10 off x 4 rounds
Total Body Extensions - 20 on 10 off x 6 rounds
Jumping Jacks - 20 on 10 off x 4 rounds
Diagonal Front Alternating Lunges - 20 on 10 off x 4 rounds
Jumping Jacks - 20 on 10 off x 4 rounds

Good Morning and TGIF!:D

It's an even TGIF'ier (is that a word? LOL :p) Friday for me coz I am only working half a day today! YAY! My DS has no school so he is spending the morning with grandma and then I will pick him up when I get out of work coz grandma is going to AC this afternoon. (JEALOUS!) I usually would find alternate care for him and not take the time off but I really need the break. My f/t job is a bear as of late!:(

Today is a rest day unless I get the itch to do something later since I'll be home. If I choose to work out though I need to be careful of what I do. Petrified of over-doing it since my shoulder issues!:(

TG:: Welcome back!

Di:: If you sign up for the RT definitely let me know! Would love to try and meet up!:) OMG plyo with a weighted vest on!? :eek: You are my hero!!!!:D
I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen prepping meals ahead of time myself. On one hand it's a total PITA but OTOH it makes things so much easier during the week b/c I have grab n go home cooked meals instead of salads and other quick stuff that I am usually rushing to put together every morning before work! On the off chance I get to cook a dinner on the weekends these days I may have left overs to bring for lunch but that's even tough to fit in lately....:confused:

BBL!:cool:

Happy Friday!!!:D:D:D

Had a great workout this morning started with a CC revised 2 only 35 minutes and leg and glutes (floor work):)

TGIF

Well - The SOUTH HAS BEEN IN DEEP FREEZE GRID LOCK .. dont laugh .. seriously .. shut us down!!! I went home early TUE .. was snowed/froze in WED .. and we didnt ope till lunch ystdy .. had a LOT of ice and had about 3 - 4 inches of snow ... but down here the problem is ICE .. and we have so many trees .. ice weighs the tree limbs they break and tear down our power lines .. and the roads .. HA .. nope we are not equipt to do anything about iced over roads .. wrecks everywhere .. ALL of the roads were closed .. anyway .. we are thawing out somewhat .. it was TEN degree ystdy morning .. but got up to 34 .. today it was 19 .. but supposed to warm to 54 .. I HOPE!!! then by the weekend to get back to 60 .. woohoo!!!

well during all that ... MISS GRACE here ... slips and her pinkie toe went UNDER the door as I grabbed the door going down .. I BROKE IT!!! #$%!@#$%!#$%^!#$%!# ... what else???????? I tried to do the PILATES on it .. but I cant do planks on it ..@#$!@#$@# .. have not tried JUMPING yet .. dang it ..if it isnt one thing it is another with me!! at least my wrist seems better!!

Wendy .. I have done that TT it is a goodie!!!

Di - no worries on your weight .. prbly just muscles!!!!

TG - I cant get my crap together either!! ugh

Hello to Lori!!

OK .. we are slammed it has taken ALL MORNING to type this .. better run .. have a great weekend!! exercise for me ..

Yay for Friday!!! I'm working from home today...another yay. We are to get 6-8" of snow. DH's normal 20 min commute was over an hour. Not sure what this means for my superbowl 5K.

Yesterday was a rest day. Had a crap day, came home and went to bed. I hate my job, not what I do, but how I'm treated and I don't see that changing. I've been trying to send out at least 2 resumes per week. Hopefully something will come of it. If I wasn't the breadwinner it wouldn't be so stressful. College loans for DS2, and DS3 loans will be coming in short order. I'm feeling selfish as of late and would just like to take a family vacation.

So I tried to sign up for the RT today. The sign up button never appeared for me, just the wait list. I signed up for the wait list, number 129. I was really excited to go, but now that I'm on a wait list, not so much.

Laura-Oh no, hope your toe gets better soon. Ice is nothing to mess with, it just wreaks havoc on trees and power lines. Stay warm and safe. I'm really working on the weight loss, down 15 and another 15 to go. I need to do something to get off this plateau.

Wendy-TT is no joke! Enjoy your half day off! I'm thinking of splurging on a glass of wine tonight, still staying within my points!

TG-way to start your Friday!!! I'm going to get off my A$$ and go shovel. It may be my only w/o today.

bbl

Today's work out...:eek:

TT Week 1 Day 3 Bodyweight Workout # 11

Bodyweight Supersets

superset #1
Do the following superset 3 times, resting for 30 secs between supersets. Then move onto
superset 2.

1A Lateral Jump + Push-Up-20 reps (10 jumps per side each with a push-up)
1B Bodysaw-15 reps

superset #2
Do the following superset 3 times, resting for 30 secs between supersets. Then move to superset 3.

1A Split Squat with Front Foot Elevated-15 reps per side
1B Elevated Pushups-8 reps per side

superset #3
Do the following superset 3 times, resting for 30 seconds between supersets.

1A 1-Leg Deadlift-15 reps per side
1B Mountain Climber-20 reps per side

Then I did this....

optional abs Workout # 3

The metabolic abs Density Circuit

Do the following circuit as many times as possible in 10 minutes, resting only when needed...

1A Chinup w/Knee-up (5)
1B Alternating Lateral Lunge (10/side)
1C Stability Ball Jackknife Pushup Combo (10)
1D Jumping Jacks (20)
1E Side Plank w/Leg Raise (5/side)

ETA--OMG I did the wrong work out! I did day 3 of week 11 not 1! No wonder why it was so much harder! LOL Oh well, I will wear it as a badge of honor and move on...but I am not skipping the work out I was supposed to do either! I'll do it on Monday! :)

ETA #2--OMG OMG I did the wrong work out for Day 2 as well! LMAO!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.