Damage Control***Happy New Year***

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a safe and fun New Years'. DH and I spent the evening watching movies with the girls who happen to still be sick. They both seem to be doing better today.

I started my day with BR challenge Day 26 and STS disc 21 (back & biceps). I followed that up with my own weighted ab work. I'm back on track with weight watchers, tracking anyway. I'm going to try to get to a meeting tomorrow night. Next week I can get my to my normal Wednesday meetings and am looking forward to it. As of right now, I'm 13lbs above my goal weight. I'd like to be at goal by the end of March.

What is everyone up to?

bbl

Hi Girls!

Thought I would start the new year off with checking in :).

Things here are good. Not much excitement. Life is busy. I still wake at 5 to get my workouts in. Christmas was nice. We had a few people in for different things. I tried to keep myself occupied so I wouldn't get homesick. I didn't do anything last night. DH worked , DD went out and I was home with the boys. I fell a sleep before midnight.

Diana** did you have any holidays? So awesome that you had the girls for Christmas. When are they going home?

Wendy** are you feeling better?

Laura** what's new a d exciting??

Ill try to come back later.

Lori :)

Hello Ladies.:)

Let's make 2014 a kick azz year okay!? :D

This morning I did a workout from the Burpee Challenge program that I have....
A two way ladder of burpees and prisoner squats...10 squats & 1 burpee, 9 squats & 2 burpees etc until you get to 1 squat & 10 burpees. I finished it in 5 min 20 secs. I was beat when I was done!

Last night when we got home from my SIL's house, I did the third Challenge Barbell Complex and it looked like this::

8 reps of each exercise x 4 rounds. Resting 1 min btwn rounds....
Ab roll out
High Pull
Reverse Lunge (8 per leg)
Bent Over Row
Push Up with Shoulder Touch

So this week I will be ordering the NASM materials so that I can start studying for their PT cert! I'm excited but askeered! :eek: Wish me luck!

Lori:: Well look what the cat dragged in! :p Yes, feeling better over all. Thanks! Shoulder appears to be healed. YAY! Cough is still hanging on and I keep forgetting to take my antibiotics 2x per day. :confused: I hope I don't have a relapse!:eek:

Diana:: I know you will meet your WW goal! You are doing so well! :)

THURS - 2014

Well I for one .. HOPE AND PRAY TO GOD that 2014 is better than 2012 and 2013 .. :( ...

Our xmas was horrible ... had a quiet NYE .. just me and DH and my babies .. he lasted till 11 .. but me and the babies brought it in together! then had my good luck and good fortune meal - cooked all day ystdy - black eyed peas - collard greens/cabbage - cole slaw - corn bread and a roasted turkey ... hoping it changes my luck from full out crappy to good this year!!

I got P90x3 - only did one workout so far .. but it was fun .. all the workouts are 30 minutes .. which is really something I LOVE!!!

Lori - welcome back -I have kept up w/ya on FB .. love the pics of the kids .. the pics of the tape on everything was funny!!

Wendy - glad you are feeling better and wooping butt on workouts .. no worries on passing the new certf. test .. you will rock it!

Di - glad you had the girls on the holidays . :)

Ok . better run .. have a ton of work to catch up on .. we are to get some artic blast tonight ... but nothing like you ladies have gotten!! LOL .. but to us the 20's are WAY TOO COLD!:confused:

Hello Ladies!

Second day in a row! I don't know why I never thought about checking in from my phone while rocking DS to sleep! I have the cathe app which makes it a lot easier to check in.

This morning I did chest and shoulders burn set and I went as heavy as I could. The. P90X agility. It was a pretty good workout. Not to crazy. Tomorrow is yoga so I may do that tonight it tomorrow night and do more burn sets tomorrow and probably a run before work. My eating was going pretty good today until I had to get groceries on the way home from work and opened up a bag of chops. Couldn't eat the apple could I? Ugh! Good thing is, it only takes a couple of good days for me to feel normal again.

Wendy** so it was your shoulder hey? I've never had issues with my shoulders but I know it's a common injury. Seems like a lot of ppl get them. It's also my fav body part to work so I would be upset it I hurt them. Are you still working at the law firm? My pt cert ran out on the 31st. It was a toss up of what to do. There was no way that I was going to get all my paper work there in time to do my recert and I haven't been training anyway. So I talked to dh for a bit about it. Do I spend the money or not!? I wasn't making any at it....and it's like anything. If you don't use it, you lose a lot of the things you've learned.

Laura** well here's to hoping that 2014 is your year. A lot of things in our world have been straightened out but not 100%. That remains to be seen I guess. I don't talk to our old busi was partners nor do I want to. DS 1's teachers think that he may have SPD so we have an appt with a ped on the 16th and then go from there. I tell ya! Always something. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not a alcoholic. Must be the exercise keeping me in check :).

Ok so lets do it! Lets make 2014 awesome. Lets get hotter and happier then ever! Lol

FRIDAY

Hello Ladies ..

been a LONG short week .. UGH! didnt get to exercise again ystdy .. had a stressfull meeting .. and didnt have it in me afterwards! OH WELL .. will start again SAT .. tonight is date night .. I HOPE!! lol

Lori - yes it seems it is ALWAYS SOMETHING .. and my limits have been stretched beyond their capacity ... yup .. keep going like this I WILL be alcholic!! :( :confused: TRYING to keep my sanity in tact ..but it is hard - I hope you can get some answers about your son ... praying everything will be ok!!!

Wendy - so how much snow have you gotten??? it is even cold here - nothing like the three of you have .. but today's high was 40 .. and it is to be around 20 tonight .. next week dipping into the teens .. coldest temps we have had in several years .. but again .. dont want to trade my weather for ya'lls .. ESPECIALLY LORI's MINUS whatever weather .. bbrrrrrrrr !! LOL

Hello to Di!!!

Ok .. 2 more hours and it is the weekend .. geesh it cant come soon enough ... have a great one!

Hey Ladies. :)

So we all had a snow day here today. Makes for a nice unexpected long weekend! :D

As much as I was chomping at the bit to work out today despite my sooo sore muscles, I resisted and was victorious against temptation! WOOT! Now that's something you only hear around here huh? That it's a struggle and an effort to take a rest day!? :p

So I spent some time shopping on amazon with $$ I got for Christmas and ended up buying a new sandbag that holds up to 40#. The best part is that it comes with 4 pre-filled bag inserts so I don't have to do anything!:D I have a sandbag but it's not a good one. It rips my hands up because it's not made of a smooth material and also does not have properly coated handles either. I hate it! :mad: I also bought THREE foam rollers! LOL Yes, I am a complete trainer dork now. I admit it. :p I bought one full size one to replace the forever old and crappy little one I have for standard foam rolling but then I also purchased 2 small half round rollers that can be used for stability/balance if you stand on one or both of them during any weight training exercise. :) And last but not least I bought a pair of "yoga socks". They have individual toe stalls and "sticky" bottoms for traction. Since I am into the wonderful world of minimalist training, they may be a good alternative to expensive footwear when I work out at home (which is MOST of the time!). :D

Lori:: Yeah my shoulder was freakin' FRIED from over-use! It was so bad that for a while there I was afraid that I did something to it that would require surgery, etc! I was ready to cry! Thank goodness it apparently wasn't that severe! It only took rest to heal it. YAY! I am surprised that you didn't pursue personal training once you moved. I am loving it! Makes for a hectic life for now but eventually that will change. :)

Laura:: Sorry you have had such a bad string of luck lately. (((HUGS))) 2014 will be a MUCH better year for you!!!!! We got a nice dumping of snow over night. Probably around 9 inches I guess. Hard to really tell though because it was windy so there was a lot of drifting. Now it's just going to be bitter cold for a bit. Oh yay. :rolleyes: Hope you are enjoying date night! ;);) So okay, I have to ask this! :eek: Is date night a pet name for when you will be getting "some" or is do you guys actually go out on a real date first? :p

Hi Ladies!

I'm not feeling 100% but will do weights today. I woke up on the 2nd feeling dizzy and nauseous. No I had not been drinking...no drinking and I was in be by 10 on the NYE. The girls have been sick so I think I'm just getting what they have. I didn't workout Thursday or Friday.

Today will be STS disc 22. Almost done with meso 2. I loved the BR 30 day challenge so I did it again and only have 2 more w/o's to complete the 2nd round. They are doing another 30 Day Challenge starting on Jan 15th that I plan on doing.

We are having birthday party for the girls today. They are really looking forward to it. They fly home tomorrow and I won't see them again until summer. DS is planning on going out there for Easter so I may see if I can go too. Otherwise it will be summer. I will be posting Christmas and Birthday pics to FB this weekend so you can see there beautiful happy faces!

Wendy-Wow, can't believe you took a rest day..good for you. Yay for christmas shopping!!!! The yoga socks sound like a great idea. I may look into those. I got into foam rolling when I was doing PT, and I should probably do it more often to get the real benefit. Don't stress about the NASM cert. You already obtained the WITs cert and now have real world experience to back it up. You got this!

Laura-sorry you had such a bad year. 2014 will be much better! It was in the 60's yesterday and now it's snowing.

Lori-Welcome Back!!! Loved your comment... Lets get hotter and happier then ever! Didn't DH sell the business to his business partner??? I thought this business issue was resolved when you moved. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. What a stressful situation for sure. So did you get P90X3? Is that the Agility w/o you are talking about?

Have a great day!

bbl

Today's work out was Barbell Challenge Complex #4::

AMRAP of the following exercises for 4 mins.

Rest 1 min.

Repeat 2 more times.

7 Front Squat with Overhead Shoulder Press
7 SB Half Kneeling Forward Rolls
7 Reverse Lunges per leg
7 Bent Over Rows
7 Narrow Stance Push Ups

Then I added on an 8@10/20 conditioning segment of prisoner spd squats and forward/backward lunges.

Good stuff!:)

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning Girls :)

Last night we went out for a friends birthday so that's it! No more gatherings and I can start the clean eating. I just made enough chicken and rice for my lunches this week and I also made my oatmeal to take to work too. That will make for a less hectic Monday and Tuesday morning.

Yesterday's workout was the challenge, love it and 6 miles on the tm. Today I'm not sure what I have to do so depending on if its cardio or strength ill decide on the rest of the workout after.

Laura** sorry to hear you are still stressed out. Geez! It seems as if you guys haven't caught a break in a while.

Wendy** I wanted to presue the PT when I moved but I also needed a stable income. I've been approached of course to train ppl but I don't have the time. It's not really worth it. I only get two days off a week and my life is crazy enough.
Omg if you had to have shoulder surgery, that would have been just terrible!!! What a set back! Thank goodness it's all good.

Diana** it's hard being so far away from family! I haven't seen my sister since oct. Seems like forever. She is pregnant again now and will be going home this summer so we are planning on going to. It's cheaper to fly to Florida and rent a house then to fly home. Can you believe that?

Alright, i come back later tonight and check in with my workout!

Lori

Hey Girls!

Today's workout was P90X CVX, 15 mins on he tm and xtrain legs. My eating was good today. And I have everything ready for work tomorrow.

Ill check in tomorrow!!

Yesterday's work out was Barbell Challenge Complex #5! :)

1 minute of light hand to hand kb swings
8 reverse lunges per leg
8 Spider-Man pushups per side
8 front squats
30 sec plank recovery
Wash rinse repeat 4x.
The swings were jump rope in the workout but I wanted to sub in something different and swings sounded good. I also think after looking at the workout again when I was done that it only called for one round of swings at the start and not each round. Oh well. A little extra work never hurt anyone. ;)

This morning's work out was Barbell Complex Challenge # 6::

Do 10 reps of:
Weighted Burpees
High Pulls
Front squats with push press
Deadlifts
Incline Spiderman Push ups
Inverted Rows

Rest for 1 min
Repeat for 8 reps of each exercise

Rest for 1 min
Repeat for 6 reps...

Rest for 1 min
Repeat for 4 reps...

Rest for 1 mins
Repeat for 2 reps...

Kicked my (SORE) arse!:D

Last edited:
Hey Girls!

Today's workout was the warrior and I did most of AB. My whole body is kinda achy. Love it! My bum, hammies and shoulders are loving my new heated bed! Lol. Day 2 of clean eating under way!

Wendy** are you still making up your own workouts? I can't think at 5 a.m! Nvm create my own workout!!

Bbl!
Lori

mon

Hello ladies...

Wow what a Monday..computer problems..now back in orthodontics. ...ug..think stitches n the bandage thing r gone/loose....soooooo now just waiting waiting waiting...ugh..

No workouts to report...I know I have got to get back on track...

Wendy..lol date night is OUR night we have to ourselves...to eat..visit..and "get some"..lollolol...date night is the night we try not to answer the phone..and have uninterrupted non rushed time together....

Lori..great workouts...I see u got p90x3...I have only done 1 but liked it..different from anything else I have done...

Di...I know your house is quiet today ..see the girls have gone back..but I know you enjoyed them...
Hello tg...

Well tonight is BCS CHAMPIONSHIP..WOOOHOOOOOO AND WAAAAAAR EAGLE!!!...hoping we can a shock everyone and pull off one more big unexpected win!!!!!..will b a late night so will b dragging tmrw..lol

Ok...have a good one...hoping this visit isnt as painful as the last....

Lori:: So what's the warrior workout?? I am sore too. I have been sore non stop since I got back to exercising after being sick! Haven't been making my own workouts lately but when I did I was creating then the night before for the most part. I may be back to doing that soon though as part of my prep for the nasm cert test!

Laura:: I gotcha on date night. ;) sorry about your on going tooth issues. I hope it's over soon!!! DH had the fb game on. I see your team is ahead as of right now. Fingers crossed that they win! :)

BBITAM!

Hi ladies,

I'm a slacker....no workout yesterday...no reason, just ended up watching the Shameless marathon all day. I intended to w/o...oh well. It gets worse, I didn't w/o this morning either...no reason...just didn't do it. I need to get back on track pronto.

I still have 2 more discs to finish meso 3 and 2 more BR challenge w/o's to finish up the 30 day challenge Round 2.

Wendy-I'm looking at a few of the daily hiit 5 day challenges to do over the next couple weeks until the next BR 30 day challenge starts. The one I looked at called for 10 rounds/20 reps of the following: Front Squat, Frog Jumps (pushup stance jumping feet in/out for 20 reps), overhead press, bicep curl, V-ups. Yesterday's w/o looked great.

Laura-so sorry to hear about your tooth....again. Hopefully it will be resolved and you will be pain free soon! Hope your team wins tonight!!

Lori-I do so much better food wise when I plan/prepare my meals on the weekend. How are you liking P90X3? I'm going to do another cleanse in February, it's 3 weeks of fresh prepared meals (no meat/dairy). The food is good but it is a ton of prep work for sure. Right now I'm doing a 30 day smoothie challenge and really like them. I think this is my 3rd-30 day smoothie challenge.

TG-Where are you TG? Hope all is well with you.

bbl

Howdy Girls. :)

This morning's work out was a Burpee Challenge. It was a ladder Burpees and Pull ups (inverted rows for me) so I started with 1 burpee and 10 inverted rows and kept going until I hit 10 burpees and 1 inverted rows!:D

Tmrw will be either a rest day or a yoga day.

Lori:: The transition into becoming a trainer isn't easy if you can't afford to not work another job for a while. It didn't work out for me the way it was SUPPOSED to which was for me to go through the internship and get a job as a trainer BEFORE I got a full time job offer elsewhere! Of course, I started my internship on a Friday and started working at the law firm that following Monday! :rolleyes: It's a 37.5 hour work week during the day and I average about 7 hours a week training. May not seem like much but it's exhausting! I am loving it though so I'm pushing through b/c I really think it'll be sooo worth it once I can afford to leave my desk job! :)

Laura:: Hope the issues with your mouth are fixed soon so you can start feeling better!!!!! Ty for the date night explanation! ;):D

Diana:: So did you do the BR work out you posted? It looked good! Don't fret over a couple days of missed work outs. I know - easier said then done - but maybe you just needed that time off. You'll be hittin' it hard again in no time!:D

TUE IN THE DEEP FRRRREEEZER

HOLY CRAPOLA IT IS COLD! was 14 this morning .. wind chill around 5 .. BRRRRRRRRRRR . . the high is 30 today .. and to get back down to 15 tonight - Alabama is not used to this crap!!

Well we dominated the game up until the last few minutes .. and WHAM .. they scored and we lost :(:(:( but I AM SO PROUD of my TIGERS!! great game ..and they played their butts off! I am a'draggin today!!!

Wendy - burpee challenge sounds .. umm .. not fun!! LOL

Di - well I am in the mega slacker mode .. and dont see it changing.. I think I need to start doing to some yoga and changing my mental attitude!

Lori- you are prbly laughing at me complaining about our temps ..but hey ... we are not used to these kinds of temps down here!! COME ON SUMMER!

I will be in meetings the next 2 days ... but will try to check in on my phone!! have a good one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.