Damage Control February!!!

Hi!

Hope your weekend is going better. Not much going on here. I have the weekend off, which is nice. I finally got a workout in today! I did my favorite upper body: PUB. Tomorrow I'm going to try Lower Body Blast and do the cardio in it. Monday I have PT and depending upon if joints/muscles hold up tomorrow; it may be my last session. Honestly, though, I'm ok with lower impact to not hurt. I will probably never do IMAX 3 again-so enjoy it while you can! Is your knee better?

How was the pilates session? Are you doing anything fun this weekend? Thursday we go to PSU to pick up the granddog for a week while Aaron and Sonia go on spring break. We're leaving one of the cars with him so they can get to the airport. I'm trying not to worry about it!

I made the sweet potato rounds with the bar-b-q lentils (minus the kale salad) for dinner tonight. We've been watching the curling competitions.

Beth

I am discharged from PT!!!! I was getting rather tired of going. I hurt a bit from LBB during and afterwards, but it was all muscle-the joints held. Did the pool today anyway. I'm up to 40 minutes of working out in the water. Off now to play cards.

How is your week going so far? I hope you don't have any more marathon days at work!

Beth

Well Sunday was the free pilates class. They were very pushy with the sales. I did a 3 month membership and they will freeze it on March 14, the day of my surgery. It's super expensive IMO. It's $133/month for the first 3 months then it goes up to $156/month, and that is for 8 sessions per month. I did like that they had more than just reformers which was nice. It's $199/mo for unlimited sessions. The only way I will keep it is if I really love it. Yesterday I did a 75 minute workout and I did another 75 min workout this morning. It was finally nice enough to walk outside at lunch too. I did have to wear my jacket, but it was in the 40s and sunny. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow too. Work has been crazy busy and I have lots of extra hours in. I'm going to see if my boss will let me use my extra hours when I'm out for surgery. I would rather save my PTO for vacation.

Glad you made it through LBB, albeit a tad sore. Good to have muscle soreness and not a locked joint. The water workouts sounds refreshing. We have a lazy river area of the pool at the rec ctr that a lot of folks use for water walking (against the current). More fun with the grand dog coming up!

This morning I did a BR w/o and then went for a 45 minute walk at lunch. The sun was shining, but it with the wind it sure felt pretty cold. Glad I wore my coat. Tomorrow I have a Dr. appt.-to make sure I'm healthy enough for the surgery.

What are you up to?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.