Damage Control February!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Looks like we are both pretty busy. It's already the 5th day of the new month. Wow, the time sure is going fast. My back is still sore so I did CCC this morning. Cardio really helps loosen it up. I iced it a couple time today too. If my back is up for it, I may try weights tomorrow. I playing it by ear and will decide in the morning. I've been hit or miss with my goals too. Time to re-engage.

What are you up to?

Copied from Jan Thread:

Is your back feeling any better? It's snowy and icy here, too. I want to wear the weight vest and walk! Monday I had PT and had just muscle tightness on the right side (original side). I told him what I'd done (PHA, pool, and LI Circuit) He wants me to try a kickbox on Wed.-day before next appt. He said he wants to try to get me back to jumping and all activities one more time. If my hips can't hold it, then he'll recommend all low impact. I'll tell you though after how bad it feels doing impact I would give it up to feel good all the time. So the goal is back to higher impact, but we'll reevaluate Thursday and next week probably.

Yesterday I came home and did Lean Legs and Abs with the barre for a good lower body workout. Today is still TBD-maybe pool or Slow and Heavy Chest/Back. Tomorrow ICE kickbox.

I ordered more RX bars for my night time snack at work. Still trying to drink lots of water and eat clean. How is the WW program? Do you log your foods in to the computer?

Beth

My back is still a little sore, but getting better. I did a BR w/o this morning and may walk later if it's not too cold. If it is too cold, I may try an UB w/o, just not sure yet about picking up weights. I'm contacting my benefits department and hope to have the foot surgery on the 28th. The 21st would be better but that is DS3's birthday. It also puts a damper on me trying to get to San Diego to suprise DS1 for his 30th birthday.

I hope you can get back to impact. It's just fun IMO. Just remember to have the muscles absorb the shock, not the joints.

bbl

Hello!

Thanks for getting us going for Feb. I can't believe your oldest will be 30! DS2 turns 22 on the 22nd of Feb. and I can't believe he's that old either. I'm a big believer in not waiting around anymore for my body to heal itself-get the surgery ASAP so you can get on with recovery! I'm glad I got the left side figured out quickly. Today was my "try a little impact" workout-ICE RSKB. I think it went ok. We got like 8 inches of snow today!

Off to shovel.

Beth

Hello!

Checking in today to report that although my back hurt a bit on the right side, it did not lock and was muscle soreness from being tight. He worked a long time on it today-no one else was even at the building due to the large amount of snow yesterday. Then I ran through my stretches and strengthening moves-he had me do walking lunges! I got home and feel ok. He wants me to try something with as much impact as I did with ICE RSKB yesterday on Saturday. I haven't decided yet what I'll do. After therapy I came home and did Great Glutes. I almost got all of the pi8zza presses in!

What are you up to today? I took a personal day tomorrow so will have a 4 day weekend. I like watching the Olympics so will definitely be doing that. My dad had his shoulder surgery this morning so I'll go up to their house tomorrow to see how he is doing. Other than that-not a real busy weekend.

Beth

Yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and then walked in the afternoon. I got in 10K steps the last 2 days! Now it's snowing and is supposed to be cold for the next week. I think the the high for Sunday is 5 degrees. This morning was my WW meeting. I'm down a total of 3lbs for the month of January. Last week I was down 2lbs, and this week my weight stayed the same. Just trying to eat mindfully and make good choices. Tonight is Mexican food Friday per DS2's request. This was the norm for many years. My back is still hurting, but in a different place. The low back pain is gone, but I tweaked another area of my back just reaching for a towel to dry my hands. Sitting all day doesn't help. I may try to get in a workout at lunch, we'll see. Oh, and my knees have starting hurting which is a sign I need new shoes. That will be on the agenda for this weekend. My new rolling filing thing came and DS2 put it together for me. Hopefully I will get my work desk cleaned off and organized. I'm still looking for deductions because I don't want to have to make quarterly payments to the IRS. Oh, DS3 will also be 22 but on the 21st!

Sounds like this Therapist really wants you to be able to get back to your normal routine. I don't think I've ever done Great Glutes. Those pizza press moves are hard. I find many body weight exercises much tougher than weighted exercises for sure. DH and I watched part of the olympics last night. I hope to catch up on them over the weekend. I love the luge, skiing and ice skating the most. Enjoy your 4 day weekend.

How is your weekend? Did you get your home office set up the way you wanted? I've been meal prepping (a lentil soup and some turkey chili), checking on my dad, and stretching. I tried the less impact premix on Crossfire yesterday and now the left side is killing me. It feels like a bone/joint issue. It happened about an hour after I finished the workout-which seems a little too fast for muscle aches. I go back tomorrow and am feeling like it's going to be low impact workouts for me from now on. At least Cathe has a wide variety! Friday I did XTrain BCS without any issues.

Beth

Saturday all I did was laundry, shovel snow, and watch the Olympics. It was a lazy day but it felt good to just do nothing. Today I did 2 BR w/o's, one was legs and the other was Back & Biceps. My back is sort of feeling better, but still sore from just not being right for the past week or so. I scheduled a hot stone massage for tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping that gets me back to normal. My eating hasn't been that great, just eating way too much. Not sure what's up with that. I wish DH ate the same foods as me, it would be so much easier. Oh well, I gave up on that a long time ago. He's doing better and that makes me happy. My office is not quite done, but I have a good start. I hope to finish it up this week. Been looking at my taxes trying to find more deductions. I hate paying the IRS. Oh, my knees have been hurting too which is usually a sign I need new shoes. I ordered some online yesterday, they should be here by Wednesday.

Oh no, I'm sorry you are in pain again. Does stepping seem to cause the pain? Great job meal prepping!! I had to give up running, but found so many other ways to exercise. I do miss it, but I've come to terms with not being able to run. Hopefully going low impact will be just as satisfying for you.

This morning I did a BR w/o and at lunch I did RWH CST. My triceps were on fire! Oh and I did the abs too. Earlier tonight I had a hot stone massage, so right now I'm feeling pretty good. She worked out my neck/shoulder area so I'm not in any pain right now. She also worked on my arms too. My eating was much better today. Now to just stick with it, harder than it sounds on some days. Today I made a cup of hot cocoa with coconut/almond milk, 2 Tbs cocoa, smidge of vanilla, and 2 packets truvia. It hit the spot. I'm so sick of this cold. It's supposed to warm up T/W so perhaps I can walk then.

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend and the Olympics!!!

Hello!

I wish I felt better. He said the muscles above the pelvis were tight-probably from me trying not to hurt myself! Can't win. He loosened everything up yesterday and then I walked on the treadmill. It's too wet/icy to walk much outside. My new plan for fitness is: Day 1: lower body lighter weights (LL, GG, TTM-those types of workouts). Day 2: Upper body weights. Day 3: Pool cardio. Day 4: Walk with the weight vest. Day 5: Total body weights. Day 6: Pool. I might substitute low impact cardio, elliptical, and biking depending on the season and if going outside is not an option. The pool feels so good, but I know I couldn't do it everyday. I've been using a brand of cream called Eucerin for dry skin and it's working really well!

Aren't the Olympics great! We watched hockey yesterday and lots of jumps with the snowboard and skis. Back to work tonight. I've been looking into surgery for my diastasis recti.

Beth

Hello! How is your week going? Are you getting the surgery at the end of the month?

Tuesday I did XTrain Burn Sets for CBS. Wed. I did the pool. Today I have PT and want to do some lower body workout, but I'm tired! I'm making a lasagna for my folks. My dad is doing pretty good after his surgery-thank goodness!

Beth

It's been a stressful week at work. Lots to do and not much time to get it done. I did workout everyday though. :) I had my WW meeting this morning and my weight is the same as last week. I'm thought it might be up since I eat peanut butter when I'm stressed. We got our salary statements this week and I got raise. That was nice. I also received a "long-term award". I'm not sure what that is but I am to expect something in the mail with all the details on how to accept my award. I haven't scheduled my surgery yet. It sounds like I may have to us PTO for the 3 days I'm off work. I hate using what I call my vacation time, on sick time. My girls' great grandpa passed away Wednesday night. I'm so glad I got to visit with him when I was in Oregon last month. My heart is breaking for their family.

Sounds like you are getting a lot done! Glad your dad is good after his surgery. It's always scary when older folks have surgery. I wasn't aware that you had diastasis recti. Is it bothering you? The surgery looks pretty scary to me. Have you done the research?

Hello!

Big news: Aaron got an internship!!! It's in the Penn State vicinity so he'll be able to stay at the apartment that we already have a lease for this summer-yeah! I really didn't want to rent two places this summer. He graduates in May, but then has to do the internship before he gets his diploma. He called last night after I got home from work to let us know!

Went to PT Thursday and got my muscles loosened up. He wants me to try an impact workout on Sunday. I'm really scared. Thursday I ended up not doing anything except PT-needed the rest. Friday I did PHA and had a good workouts. Today I hope to get to the pool, but I just got up! I go to work at 2.

I just started looking into the diastasis recti. But all the pictures of it look like my stomach so I think I have it. There is no way the muscles will go back together without surgery. I would have to travel a ways to get a decent doctor from what I've been reading. We'll see. DH called someone about getting siding, gutter, and trim done this summer.

Glad you got to see the girls' great grandfather. How are they doing with the passing? This is a bad time of year for the elderly. Yeah on the raise! I got a 2% one at the beginning of the year. I think maintaining for WW is really good. I don't believe you have that much you need to lose, so your weight loss will be slower and have more plateaus. Keep up the good work! Have you tried the powdered PB? It has a lot less calories. One of the PTA's uses it and she said she mixes it with almond milk.

Beth

Fridays are not good for me eating wise. The WW meeting means I miss my w/o and my day is just off from the start. My morning w/o sets the tone for the day. I wish there was a more convenient time for me to get to a meeting. This is the only one I know I can make on a regular basis. Today I did a tough BR w/o. It was called abs and strength and I thought it would be fine. Oh my, it was a toughie. I like to 2 w/o's on the weekends, a cardio and a strength. I am wiped out after this w/o. The rest of the day will be errands, laundry, cleaning etc. Oh yes, I have PB2, but I'm not going to eat a tablespoon of powder peanut butter. The girls are doing okay with his passing. They were with him a lot for the last few months. Their mom put it in a positive light, that he is a peace now and no longer suffering. Oh, when I ordered my new cross trainer, they said to size up 1/2 a size. The shoes are too big, by about 1/2 a size. Oy.

That is great news for Aaron! What will he be doing? I'm sure you are happy to have DH on board with siding, gutter and trim!!! I need to address the updates with my DH again, I'm just so sick of fighting about. If I could take out the equity without him, I would. What type of workout are you thinking? I enjoy high impact, but I can't do it everyday anymore.

Hello!

As happy as we were Sat. to hear about the internship, on Sun. we got a call that my dad had a mini stroke. He's still in the hospital and they are running testes. The biggest detriment I can see thus far is that he can't swallow. We'll see what happens. :( Aaron will be working at a health clinic doing whatever health policy administrative interns do. I ended up just walking with the vest Sat. and going to the pool Sun. morning. I'm so afraid of pain. He wanted me to try something with impact Sun., but I did not want to work or be in pain Mon. I have PT tomorrow so am going to try an X10 premix today that involves Hi/Lo, LI, and Fat Burning-if one exists!

Hope your work week is better than last week. Keep exercising for stress relief, right?!

Beth

Oh my gosh, I sure hope your Dad is okay. I'm praying for him and your family I actually think X10 premix is the one I do most often. Good luck with that. It would be nice you could pinpoint which moves cause the locking. Since it doesn't' seem to happen for hours later it's hard to tell.

We've been troubleshooting an issue that occurred last Thursday evening and is still not working correctly. We finally opened a case with Microsoft, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. I did a BR w/o in the morning and another one in the evening. My body is a bit sore this morning. I'm going to look for a straight cardio to do this morning to help workout all the soreness.

How is your Dad doing today? I hope he's doing better.

I did a BR w/o this morning. They are really taking their workouts up a notch. They've always been tough, but they are getting crazy tough. I' feeling strong!!! My surgery is scheduled for May 14th. There is a new Pilates studio near me and I signed up for a free class. I think it's on Sunday. I'm not having much luck getting into yoga. Hopefully I will enjoy the reformer.

No workout to report for yesterday. I worked from 5:45am to 8:30pm, I was so tired yesterday. I should have time for a workout this morning. The rest of my day will be very busy. Still recovering from an outage we had.

How's your Dad doing?

Hello!

Sorry to be MIA the past few days. My dad is better. He had what they called an acute stroke. It affected his swallowing and his left side. He's working with therapists and doing pretty good. It really doesn't help that he had his shoulder operated on just two weeks ago. It makes getting dressed interesting. He's doing outpatient therapy and likes that because he got zero sleep in the hospital. My mom is exhausted. I'm worried she's going to get sick. One day at a time now. The suddeness of how everything can change in an instant....

I've had hit and miss workouts. Went to the gym for 1/2 an hour yesterday to do the elliptical and sit in the hot tub. I'm still doing my therapy stretches.

BR is knocking your socks off! It's nice they change it up all the time. I'm glad to hear you're getting your foot surgery done soon. Pilates sounds like fun. It should help your core. I've got a meeting at work today at 12:30 then work 2-10 (usually 11:30) so I better go and get my stretching in and get ready to go. No workout today.

Beth

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better. Outpatient therapy is best. It is hard when you can't sleep in your own bed.

I'm so tired today and wish I would've done a cardio w/o this morning. I just did the next live w/o and it was all glute work with the band. Definitely will be feeling that one tomorrow. I should be able to fit in a 30-40 min cardio though at lunch. I'm trying to find a short Cathe w/o to do. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am and I need to be there at 6am. I have a few pre-op appts, one with my primary care and the other with the foot doc. I've been dealing with horrible heart burn as of late. I've even started a regimen of omeprazole. This tightness in my throat is the worst too. Oh well, this aging thing is starting to get really uncomfortable.

Well it was a long stressful work week and I still have more to do this weekend. I hate having to work on the weekends. My weight was the same at my WW weigh in yesterday. No workout yesterday. This morning I did Imax 3 and a BR tough leg w/o. I hurt my knee during Imax 3. It's more tight than painful, but it's swollen at tad. Something is not right, but hopefully it will feel better in a few days. It's bad timing since I wanted to try adding in more cardio to see if that would kick start the weight loss. Time to shower and get busy on the weekend chores.

What are you up to?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.