Damage Control February!!

Hi Ladies,

No workout for me this morning. My neck & shoulder have really been bothering me. I had a massage on Sunday that seemed to help, but today I feel like I need another massage. I've worked out the past 10 days and my body needs a break anyway.

Beth-I could see how it would be difficult to follow a rotation with your work schedule. Actually, Monday nights class was really good. You just never now what the w/o will be since it's different every time. That is one of the things I like though, doing the same thing is boring.

Tina-how did DH's surgery go?

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Yesterday was M2D13 CST and weights and plates abs. Today was M2D14 Legs plus the bonus leg portion of M1D12 and medicine ball abs. My left knee is really hurting, so I'm staying away from high impact for awhile. Hopefully it's nothing long lasting. I had a lot of clicking in the joint during squats and dead lifts, which I don't think I've ever had before. DH is loving the couch comradery. He's doing much better today than the first two days. Thank goodness he did the surgery early and didn't wait until we return from our vacation. It would have killed him to be house bound when the weather was nice.

Beth, we're about an hour from Boston. We have quite a bit a snow outside and another foot on the way this weekend. Sunday is supposed to be -12 degrees. We've had winters like this in the past, I think I'm just more grumpy about it because I no longer ski.

Diana, I traded out CCC a long time ago. I think I would like it now, so I'll wait for it to go back on the Daily Deal and pick it up again. I remember it being pretty tough.

Hi to everyone. BBL to check in. :)

Ok, so I started max 30 on Monday!! Cardio Challenge- maxed out at 12m 41 sec, I alternated between the modifier and jumping. Yesterday was Tabata Power and I maxed out at 10.10 during tricep push ups!! My triceps are so sore today!! And this morning I had a friend come over at 5:30am to do Sweat Intervals with me and I maxed out at 8.27 and we decided to do abs too I maxed out at 3.31. Today I didn't do the modifier (low impact) until after 10 min. I even did the push ups on my toes!!

I think I have something wrong with my right shoulder as in the warm up it was bothering me. :(

Little K has strep, he had fever every evening since last Thursday, with the exception of his birthday when I thought he was better and didn't take it. And it's possible that JTrain might have it now too. This winter has really stunk!!

Tomorrow is Tabata Power again, I'm not sure I can do it! Those tricep push ups!!

Fembot- bummer you don't ski anymore, how come? I wish we would get a real snow this winter because we do ski and all have skis this season, but sickness has us down. :(

Got in Tabata Power from Max 30 today. My arms are screaming at me!! Tomorrow is Friday Fight Round 1, I'm a little scared for that!

Now all 4 boys have strep. Great winter. Not.

Hi Ladies,

I slept in until 8:15 this morning. I wasn't feeling great last night, not really sick but more tired I guess. It took me 2 hours to get home last night due to so many accidents on the highway. Plan to work out at lunch, either cardio or the next STS disc.

Tina-you are rocking the w/o's. Glad DH is starting to do better. The first couple days post surgery are always the worst. I have a problematic knee also that is aggravated by doing too much step. I've been doing a lot less stepping and more Hi/Lo type w/o's that don't tend to bother my knee. My PT told me that joint clicking is normal and is not indicative of an injury. The only time to be wary is if the clicking is accompanied by pain. My shoulders click all the time..especially doing pushups and overhead presses. Definitely don't do any exercises that cause pain.

LL-WooHoo...sounds like you are doing great with Max 30! You did much better than I did on the first disc :) The modifier has ripped abs...I would love to have those abs! The tabata w/o is my favorite of the month 1 discs. Hope all the boys get better soon. It's no fun being home with house full of sick kids.

Missy-Nice job with TB!! I agree it's nice not to have to constantly be changing all the equipment. There are a lot of changes in STS, but I love the results!

Hi to all that follow.

BBL

TGIF!!! No workout for me this morning, just too tired to drag myself outta bed. We had a really good w/o in class last night. Lots of running, stairs, squats, lunges, pushups and dips!!! Tomorrow is a 10K race. I hope to finish up STS M1 this weekend. I want/need to spend a good week on some tough cardio to blast away a couple lbs I put on and can't seem to get rid off. I was down about 1/2 a lb this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

TGIF indeed! I've done a round of Pure Strength this week-Tues was legs, Wed. was C/S/T, and yesterday was B/B/A. Those abs are tough! I had to keep pausing my dvd to rest up a bit to continue! I like doing weights after work.

Diana, your class sounded so fun! A 10k tomorrow will be a lot of cardio! Good way to start blasting the pounds for sure.

LL, I just read where Def Leopard is going on tour again as the headliner. Start saving your pennies! Bummer about the kids being sick. At least you're enjoying Max 30!

Tina, I'm glad to hear the recovery is going well. You'll be working out together again before you know it.

Missy, I don't know that Stability Ball workout. What dvd is it from?

Happy Weekend!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

My cousin and I ran a race this morning. She did the 5k and I did the 10K, the weather is perfect! Our next scheduled race is March 14th. We have 1 a month scheduled through May. I have a tri in June and August. We also found a mud run to do at the end of August.

I have 2 discs left to finish up meso 1. That's the plan for this weekend. DH and I may go look at a few houses today and/or tomorrow. They are new builds in an "active community". 40% of owners being in the 40+ and the rest being over 50 or something like that. The other community we looked at was for 55+. We could purchase before we reach 55, but can't live there until we are within a few months of being 55. That's 6 years away and we can't afford to buy a house without selling ours first.

Beth-Pure Strength is an oldie but goodie. I still enjoy cathe's older w/o's, probably because they are the ones I started with. Great job!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Beth, yes I got the email a couple of days ago! They are touring with tesla and styx! The only place in PA they will be, so far, is the Allentown Foir Grounds. I saw them there once in the 90s and tTesla may have opened for them. I remember it well, I felt like Joe, the lead, looked right at me during Demolition Man! Pretty incredible,I like the on remake Signs that Tesla does but that all I know by them. And I like Styx too, but never enough to see them live. Babe, Mr Roboto, Renegade, Come Sail Away. It would be a good show, but the far away seats are $95/ea. Sept 1st, I'm not sure I can convince anyone including my husband to go with me for that much. :(

I didn't stet on the scale at all since Monday until today and I'm up .4 :(. I need to buckle down on eating!! After today, indeed my chocolate on valentines day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning! So Friday I had energy and did PRS2-fun, fun, fun. Yesterday I was off and was itching to do a RWH even though it's a shorter workout. I did HCLB and yowsa, today the muscles in my trunk-not my abs, but all the way around on the sides- are hurting so good!

Glad the race went well, Diana! You have a fun summer planned, for sure. It's -3 out here right now-and we have a wind chill...Hunkering down this weekend. Yesterday I made soup and carrot cake. Carrot cake was our wedding cake, so it's kind of our special cake. I used whole wheat flour-does that make up for the 2 cups of sugar in the cake and the 4 cups in the frosting?! It's so good!

Keep up the damage control this weekend...I'm right there with you!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Today I did STS discs 11 & 12 to finish up Meso 1. I was beat after Disc 12 and did the extended stretch. The stretch made me want to take a nap. I did not. I've done laundry and showered, but still need to go grocery shopping and prepare my meals for the week. I would do so much better if I could prepare my meals for the weekend too. It's really difficult to plan for the weekends since we don't have a standard routine and play it by ear.

My plan for this week is some tough cardio to blast off a couple lbs. On days I'm short on time, Max 30 or Cathe's HIIT w/o's will work, BR and circuits would do too. Tomorrow will be a cardio only, Tuesday is a short BR circuit....the rest of the week will be played by ear.

Beth-Your temps sound awful. I hate the cold. It is snowing right now, 2-5 inches. Not that it matter much because it's supposed to be in the 40's Tues, 50's Wed and even into the 60's by the end of the week. Whatever we get will melt. Nice job with PRS, that seems to be a fan favorite! Enjoy your carrot cake, it's all about enjoying everything in moderation.

LL-your namesake is coming to town!!!! Hope you can find someone to go with you. Concerts are so expensive. I want to go see Luke Bryan and his least expensive tickets are $115. I may be able to get my cousin to come with me.

bbl

Well, Hubby got strep last night, with a fever and threw up 4 times over night. So far I'm holding steady. Rest day today, stretch day "pulse" yesterday. I'm very tired, but will start back up tomorrow with max 30. I'm thinking about doing the 5 day inferno plan again, but maybe vary the protein to what I have. I need to jump start myself and go back to rigid portion control. I found M&Ms today that Hubby had bought!! :(

Lots of blowing and flurries, even though it looks more like a 5 min blizzard, but no more that a coating. Cold temps here to, only went up to 10 today and will be going down to 1 tonight!

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning was RWH Plyo HIIT 1 and bonus abs 2. I have a hard time getting up on Monday mornings so something short is always good. I have class tonight and hope it's as good as Thursday's class. Happy to say I was down .5 this morning, not much but I'll take it.

We are getting snow, 4-8 inches. UGH....it took me 90 minutes to get to work, and that is with the roads being much less congested due to the Holiday. It's supposed to warm up to the 50's on Wednesday so at least it will be a short lived storm. That does put a damper on getting our deck repaired and refinished.

LL-Oh No, now hubby is sick too. :( You've had a rough winter with all the sickness in your house. I certainly hope every one is on the mend quickly. What is the 5 day Inferno plan? Have you tried tracking on myfitness pal? It sometimes helps if I track my food BEFORE I eat it so I know where I'll be. Then I can decide if what I'm about to eat is really worth it.

bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Sunday was all of CF and today was M2D16 and X10 Step. We had another foot of snow dropped on us this weekend. I'm including a photo of our back yard. Our four foot fence is totally buried in some places. I'm sick to pieces of shoveling.

Diana, congrats on your 10k finish. Sounds like you have a rigorous race schedule this year! :)

snow 004.5JPG (640x533).jpg

The stability ball total body weights workout is one of those filmed in studio on Cathe Direct. I liked it a lot.

I did the Leaner Legs workout for 20 minutes yesterday. Really I like that it was so adaptable. I could use weights or not. The first part is lunges, squats, holding weights, doing compound weight sets. Not heavy weight and no barbell. There is a fire band section that I didn't get to.

I'm pushing ahead every day. I have this huge dissonance in my brain with regards to working out when not eating so clean. I am telling myself that I have to do something. No exercise time is ever really wasted. It helps to keep me moving forward and not just implode into bad eating and inactivity.

I don't have to do a whole workout. I used to be so compulsive, I wouldn't even let myself off the hook for a cooldown. I did all of the workouts 'as is'. I did not modify if at all possible. That would be slacking. I did Cathe's weights...unrealistic! I'm finding now that if I pay attention to the muscles I'm working, I don't necessarily need such heavy weights. It's focused working out. I'm not going to pass out because I'm out of breath. If I am working at 60%, that's a good thing.

I'm just sharing this because I think those attitudes got me where I am today. Burnout, injury, and, as things fell apart, not being able to achieve 'perfection,' giving up.

Perfection: I don't want to harp a lot about this because it's annoying, but I married a guy who had an issue with women. When we dated, I used to run, and I lost 5 pounds and when I told him, he said 'the fat on the back of your legs still jiggles.'

So you tell me....how do you think that was going to end? When I did Cathe and Atkins, and got down to 117 pounds, I was informed that I still had this little bit of fat just above my knee....BUT, I was able to get rid of that little bit of fat by running 10 miles a day.

I am not exaggerating. The insanity I put myself through. So, I'm in this place, and I'm enjoying working out again, and developing a new philosophy, and I like where it's going.

Sorry for the long post. I wax eloquent :)

Missy, sounds like you were a crazy workout nut! :). You seem to have a much better attitude about it all now!

Hubby is finally started to feel a little improvement in his throat. The others seem fine, and I'm just chugging along! I got in cardio challenge late this afternoon. I maxed out at 7:44 and I maxed out at 40 sec on the ab attack. My back just couldn't take it! I really like the music on this one! I did well on eating today! Only 2 Minot slip ups! Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: none, waiting for my protein shake to have after my workout, which never happened in the morning.
Snack: 1/2 grapefruit and 8 whole cashews
Lunch: 3oz shrimp in whole wheat tortilla, 2 cups romaine with orange peppers and 1 (1oz) chicken meatball with 1t balsamic, the goal was 4 oz protein, but I ran it of shrimp!
Snack: post workout shake: 1c water, 2 scoops protein powder, 1 banana, 2t peanut butter (slip: scraped the almost empty peanut butter jar!)
Dinner- 21 day fix stuffed chicken breast: 1 butterflied breast stuffed with steamed broccoli and almost 1/4c cheddar cheese baked and topped with sprinkled mozzarella, 1/2 sweet potato, peeled, sliced and baked in olive oil and salt
Snack: 1/2 grapefruit and 2 small homemade power bars made from seeds, nuts and dried fruit
Water intake: 48 oz and I have another 16 to down before I go to bed, I know I need to work n this, I should be getting 85-100 oz daily.

No skiing as planned for tomorrow. I wonder how much now we are going to get. I've gotten ranges from 3-6 to 8-15 to nothing.

Diana, here is the link to the 5 day inferno plan. I swap out what I don't like, like cottage cheese and pork and I don't always keep the days the same I take a snack from here lunch from there probably not the way it is supposed to be done but it works for me. Now to just stick with it!!

http://katiheifner.blogspot.com/p/turbo-fire-5-day-inferno.html

Hello ladies ...

sorry again for being MIA - one word - LIFE! Was hoping the end to our BS saga would be ending yesterday - yet - alas we are dealing w/a malignant narrccisst w/a God complex .. soooooo not yet .... still praying for a positive outcome ... still praying for an end to it ... at least it is nearing closure! I had the CRUD last week .. still have lingering sinus issues .. but on the mend for sure .. no workouts to report this last week .. I was just way too under the weather to muster up any energy for a workout .. and yesterday was all tied up w/BS mess .. today .. I am drained .. numb .. and in need of some quiet time ... I may try some yoga or pi-yo tonight .. that may help .. now that I am not dizzy from a stuffed up head.

sounds like a lot of you have been sick to - guess it is that time of year .. and this weather doesnt help things at all ..

Tina - LOVE the picture .. wow at that snow .. your doggie is beautiful! no snow here .. just COLD .. it is 38 today .. and tonight to drop to the teens .. but I am sure it is nothing like you girls are dealing with!

Di - you got snow too .... BBBRRRRRR ...good job on the race .. It hurts my lungs to run in the cold .. guess you are used to it tho .. lol!

Beth - -3 .. EEEEEK ... no thank you .. I wont complain about my temps!!

Missy - thanks for sharing your story - I am glad you found your happy place and healthy place again - lots of women put themselves and their bodies thru it .. jerks like that are a lot of the reason .. but there are so many reasons ... and it is a great feeling to over come and perservere and get healthy!! CONGRATS for you!

LL -so you got Max30 .. how are you liking it?? I LOVE it .. will be attempting it again next week .. now that I am all better!

Jacque - I will try to do better at checking in ...

OK .. have a great one! better run .. so warm and safe out there!

Tuesday was M2D17 Legs and no equipment abs, yesterday was TTM and today was M2D18 B&B and yoga abs. DH is going out of his tree. I feel like I'm being mean to him when I go workout because he isn't able to.

Yesterday Low Impact Trisets Upper Body. I did 15 minutes....mostly I lay on the floor and stared up at the ceiling, haha.

Tomorrow is the gastric doctor appointment. So 'll post how it goes.

3rd day off from school here, and there was about an inch of sleet two nights ago. Kids are going to school Saturday unless they call that too.

Hope everybody is warm!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.