Damage Control February!!

Hi all. I'm just getting through this week. I haven't much energy. Worked a 12 on Tues. so have been trying to catch up sleep. Going to see DS tomorrow at college for his birthday! May go try to workout now. Wed. I did Supercuts and yesterday was Chest, Back, Shoulders from X train. I really like doing those trisets and not repeating any exercises. I'm in the mood for something easy today...

TTYS,

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Just busy at work and at home. No workouts to report for Thursday or Friday. booh Today is my youngest sons 19th birthday. We will probably be taking him to lunch today, before the 16" snowfall arrives. I plan on starting STS Meso 2 today. I'm actually looking forward to my STS/BR combo.

Wednesday I had an interview at a large investment company. It's about 4 miles further than my current company. I like what I'm doing at my current company, but they seem to lack direction. The interview went pretty well. My first phone interview with the recruiter went very well. The second phone interview with the hiring manager was just ok. He asked completely different questions than what the recruiter did. My face to face interview seemed more like the phone interview with the recruiter. I'm not sure they are on the same page regarding the skill set they are looking for. I sent a thank you email and hope to hear back from them.

Missy-so sorry you had to live through that body bashing, from someone who should love you no matter what. Hugs I'm glad you found your way to a happy and healthy fitness lifestyle. Good luck at your Dr. appt.

Tina-Love the pic, oh my the snow is so deep. How is DH's recovery coming along? Great job with all your w/o's!!

LL-hope your family is getting over being sick. It's sure been a long winter with everyone being sick. Thanks for sharing the inferno link, I'll have to check it out.

Laura-hope you are feeling better. We had 60 degree temps yesterday and are now expecting up to 16" of snow from Sat-Mon. I love Max 30 but have a hard time with it at 5am. I'm just not awake enough to give it my all. I'm still incorporating them in though. The tabata one is my favorite so far. I haven't tried any of the month 2 workouts yet.

Beth-you are amazing, keeping up with your weekends with your crazy work schedule. Is your sons birthday today? Perhaps our boys share a birthday.

Waving hello to Jacque!

Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA this week. Getting over strap took longer than we had hoped. Thankfully I only had a mild sore throat not strep.

But I have done all the workouts and Max 30 that were scheduled for this week and increased my time from last week for each workout 10 seconds to almost a minute! But today I actually got through the entire ab workout! The whole 10 minutes! My time on Wednesday for her it was three minutes and 40 seconds! There was one exercise that once I was able to push through it, I knew I could push a lot farther and I wish I could remember which one it was probably something to do with planks, Oh that's right, the walking planks touch your shoulder move. I push through that one and I got through the whole thing. The pulse work out which is Shawn T'a stretch workout on Saturdays is 20 minutes and I got through about 17 minutes of it and then I maxed out. Tomorrow is a rest day and then it starts all over again on Monday. I did step on the scale in the middle the week and it looks like I may have lost almost 3 pounds. Not from the beginning of doing Max 30 but from the beginning of this week because I actually gained in the first week. I believe it was due to my eating I wasn't committing to the food plan. This week I did much better except for yesterday I was good until dinner and we went out to Panera bread. I got a half Caesar salad and a half steak sandwich penny and a chocolate chip cookie. Had I stop there it wouldn't have been too bad! But I ended up having a few chocolate covered pretzels and A few chocolate truffles and two chocolate squares. Oh boy! Honestly, that's not a bad binge for me. Sometimes I would've had a big bowl of ice cream and a large amount of homemade chocolate sauce on top. But I didn't do that! Baby steps! Today I'm back on it hopefully the food will go well for me today I have packed my morning snack lunch and afternoon snack since I'm gonna be out most of the day. I'm saving my 3 half cup carbs for dinner and maybe some chocolate for dessert. I need to slowly learn moderation when it comes to chocolate.

Not sure what it any we will get for snow. They are calling for 2-4 in Philly and surrounding, and 4-6 for north and west and we are west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 18 minutes of Party Step 1 today. I get a little hung up on choreography...,and it's probably time to try to go longer.

The surgery...it will probably be in May or June. I'll see a nutritionist, and that's the part I need a lot of help with. I was so glad to go in there and say I am exercising!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was Disc 13, CST. My intention was to follow that with some sort of cardio, but I was beat. This morning I started with cardio, Imax 3 and followed that up with disc 15, B&B. I did disc 15 since disc 14 is shorter and will be better for a work morning. The last thing I did was 2 segments from ab hits. I can't find my STS abs disc so did an alternative.

The rest of the day will cleaning and laundry. We only have about 5" of snow right now and are expecting another 5-8 tonight. We'll see.

LL-glad you are all starting to feel better! You are rocking the Max 30 workouts! Nutrition is the hardest part of the fitness equation.

Missy-Good job with PRS 1! Go as long s you can, you are doing great. I'd be interested in what the nutritionist has to say. I met with one years ago. She was vegan though and I am not. I thought her advice was helpful, but not something I could live with long term. I'm doing pretty good following the nutrition program from the new gym. My goal is to get my nutrition from whole foods, not a bunch of protein shakes etc. I don't minds protein shakes, but enjoy eating real food.

Stay safe and warm everyone. bbl

Hi! Our trip Sat. got cancelled due to snowstorm Pandora...which fizzled out to just 1-2 inches throughout our driving area. So we stayed home Saturday and went today. Diana, my son turned 19 today (22nd). So I think they're a day apart! How cool is that?! It sounds like you're in for a blizzard. We are expecting some. Worse though the high tomorrow is only 8 degrees. Last Monday we wore our socks at yoga. I think we will tomorrow too. Sounds like you're getting good weight work in with STS.

Missy, Good job! I never did learn PRS1. I gave up! PRS2 is less dance and I think I'll stick with that one.

LL-I hear you on the chocolate! Yesterday I had two caramels and about 8 of those chocolate covered star cookies with the nonpareils on top. Today I got my period so that may have had something to do with it! Keep working out...you are doing awesome on Max 30! I was looking at them on eBay yesterday...so tempting.

Yesterday I did Afterburn. Friday was Plyo HiiT 1 with abs. I've been having indigestion so am not eating after 5 pm anymore. Since I go to bed at 8! It's been nice having the weekend off. I'm off Monday and Tuesday anyway and will get my cleaning and laundry done as well as some cooking.

Cheers,

Beth

Friday was Imax 3, Saturday was RWH HCUB & HCLB, today was LL&A. DH and I have been walking four miles everyday. We break them up into two walks. It's really the only thing keeping him sane right now. He doesn't seem to have a problem with pointing out all the things I should be doing for him; shoveling the roof off, pulling out the pellet stove for a major cleaning, washing the floors...again. We should be in rare form on our vacation in two weeks. I keep joking that Disney is going to politely ask us to leave because we're not the right Disney material.

Diana and Beth, that is weird that your boys are so close in age. Happy birthday to them both. My DD will be 20 in two weeks. I'm feeling really old!

Beth, I need to do Afterburn soon. It always slays me! We had temps in the 30's today, but tomorrow is back down to negative numbers. Brrrr. Do you have access to any "hot" yoga classes? Doesn't that sound good?!

Diana, I hope you hear back from your potential new job soon. Let us know when you do. :)

Hi Ladies,

I worked from home on Monday since I wasn't feeling. There is some kind of head cold running its course through our house. DS2 started it and is has spread to DH and me. So DS3 hasn't gotten it. It's the sinus pressure and nasal congestion that bothers me the most and keeps me from getting a good nights sleep.

Most of the snow melted on Monday/Tuesday but we are expecting another 5"-10" starting this afternoon through tomorrow. Although I'm not a fan of the snow, we really need it...especially in the mountains.

No workout Monday, Tuesday was a BR circuit and today was STS Disc 14-legs.

LL-in the nutrition class I took they talked about eating sweets after a meal is simply a habit. Once you realize you don't need, it's much easier to break the habit. For me, I limit my sugar/chocolate intake and try to keep it to 1 square of dark chocolate each night. I really enjoy it if we had something spicy for dinner. Drinking mint tea in the afternoon has been instrumental in keeping out of the candy jars and vending machines. Glad you are loving Max 30!!

Beth-wow, our boys are only 1 day apart! Personally, I haven't done PRS1 or 2 to have a real opionion. Neither one was much of a calorie burner for me. AfterBurn and Plyo Hiit....you are getting in some great workouts.

Tina-sounds like your DH is going a bit stir crazy since he's noticing all the things that need to be done. When can he join you again on your workouts? Disney sounds like a fun time.

Hi to Missy, Laura and Jacque!!!

Hi! My schedule was awry due to snow. I'm off for the week now. I think snow has been called 6 days now. The kids won't have a spring break at this rate.

I'm scoping through the workouts to find one to do today. I am not sure yet. I need to find a rotation.

I'll see the nutritionist on the 31st.

My daughter is vegetarian. Not in a healthy way though.

My dad worked with a vegetarian. She went to the doctor and he said 'your cholesterol is too high.' She said 'what should I do about it?' He said you need to watch what you eat and get exercise. She said 'Doctor, I'm a vegetarian and I run 5 miles a day.'

Turns out she was eating too much ice cream. lol,

Hi Ladies,

Oh my, we are getting another round of snow. It took me 2 hours to drive home in a blizzard last night. Thankfully today I'm working from home. We'll have to see what the weather looks like tomorrow.

This morning I did BR Day 11 and at lunch I did STS disc 16-CST, and then I used my ab machine with 20#'s.

Missy-we had a lot of school closures due to the snow. The school in my neighborhood were open though. DS 3 will probably have a tough drive home tonight. Did you find a rotation? Well I was at my lowest weight when I was following a vegetarian diet and running all the time. I had no muscle tone what so ever. Although I'm much heavier now, I love having muscles and energy!!! I sometimes have high cholesterol due to my good cholesterol being so high-it impact the overall number. My Dr. said he wished his other patients had this problem. Wow, you have to wait a long time to see the nutritionist. Do you plan your meals ahead of time? That works well for me, for weekdays anyway.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

I've finished M2W3 for this week and did KPC and just finished a sneaky round of LIC. DH is getting kind of irked at me every time I workout, so now I wait for him to fall asleep at night and sneak quietly in the basement for a short round of something. We're going to be in shorts soon, so I'm starting to get a bit panicky about the winter pudge. Plus, with him being home all day, I've been eating more than usual. I can't wait for cycle season this spring!

Diana, I feel your snow pain. We have dirty snow for the first time in six weeks. It's still a good four plus feet out there. Sounds like you're feeling better. :)

Hi to everyone. :)

Morning all... It's gone from 4 degrees to 3 degrees since I got up. We don't have a lot of snow right now, just really cold temps!

Tina, DH and I have been inspired by all your biking and are planning on lots of rides soon! He's thinking about getting a new bike. I'm sure your husband will feel better when he can start working out again. He's in that frustrated stage of recovery. Keep him walking!

Diana, glad to hear you got to work from home and are getting so many good workouts in! I don't burn many calories with PRS2, but it's an hour of moving and not eating! The past two days have been weights-Leaner Legs on Wed. and XTrain Bi's and TRi's last night. I'm maintaining my weight and trying to stay away from the M&M's at work. Sunday is March 1st...10 days no extra sugar goodies. My birthday is March 12th, so it'll work out fine!

Missy, I gained a lot of weight when I was a vegetarian! It was right after I got married and we ate as much spaghetti, mac and cheese, rice pudding, etc. and thought we'd be fine since we weren't eating meat! When I got pregnant I craved peanut butter...I must have needed some protein. You are lucky to get to work with a nutritionist. Pick her brain! Share any tips she has here!

Hi to everyone else...

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I have to go weigh in with my coach tonight...ugh. I hate weighing at night. He will also take my measurents again too. My weight is within 2 lbs of the challenge start date so I'm not too worried about that. Oh well, it is what it is. These challenges keep me inspired to not only track everything I eat, but also makes me think about what I'm eating. I'm a more conscience eater if you will.

This morning was 2 segments of X10 and RWH bonus abs #1. The X10 segments were cardio blast and Hi/Lo...and I was huffing and puffing my way through towards the end! X10 is such a versatile workout!!!

Tina-I find it hard to believe you have any winter pudge you silly girl. This February is our snowiest, breaking all previous records. Keep up your awesome w/o's!

Beth-I've been doing well at staying out of the m&m's here at work too. My DS 2's bdy is 3/10. We have some similar birthdays in our families. :) Nice job with your w/o's. LL is an old favorited of mine. I can say I've learned so much about nutrition in the past couple years. All those non-nutritional carbs I ate....and fed my family for years. Live and learn....and learn....and learn.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi all, I've kept up on my wo's. I think it helps that they are all 32 min, including the warm up except M and W, those I add in abs so they are 42 min. And they go by so fast! I haven't really seen much weight change or change in the feeling of my clothes. My nutrition has been ok. I'm really trying the moderation of chocolate more frequently. I haven't completely over done it.

Well, sickness is back over here. little K still has strep even though he finished, but spit out a bunch, his penicillin last weekend. He just started amoxicillin yesterday. I have him chew it with a chocolate chip and that has worked for 2 of the chewables. But the other 3 boys have colds and sore troughs. :(. And Hubby just left for his annual golf trip to FL today. He will be back Wednesday.

I still need to buckle down on the food! But I'm starting to feel like I will NEVER get it down. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only plan my meals when I work. I should do it all the time.

I did the 'All About Legs' workout for 25 minutes, and one of the ab hits. I think I'm 2 months of being fairly consistent with my workouts. The streaming part of the workouts is not functioning at high capacity. One of the reasons I chose this one was that I thought it would stream better in lower quality, which it did.

I don't have a rotation yet

The snow is clear here. The kids should be back in school for good on Monday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.