Damage Control December

rmrmr

Cathlete
I can't believe it's already December and Christmas is right around the corner. I didn't work out Sunday or Monday. Sunday was busy running errands and then I didn't sleep well Sunday night and no energy to exercise. Today I did tough 75 min BR w/o at lunch. I'm going to have pass on continuing with STS. My work schedule is crazy busy and I just don't have time for it right now. I think splitting the focus into Upper and Lower body will work better for me this time of year. I did get my Christmas cards out. I think this is a record for me. I didn't send out cards the last 2 years. I hurt my knee somehow last week. Probably stepping. I really miss it and did 2 step workouts last week.

What are you up to?

How did it go with the Dr. office HR? What are you up to?

I finally got in a BR w/o this morning and outside this afternoon to finish up my steps. I think it's the first day in 2 weeks that I got in 10K steps. The time change and the weather make it really difficult to get outside. I'm also not sleeping very and dealing hot flashes. I'm going to try to get into my dr. next week and see what I can get to help with this.

Yay for Friday. I'm hoping to talk the afternoon off. We had a network failure yesterday around 4pm. It was finally fixed around 7:30pm so I had to get back on and finish up my work. I did a tough BR w/o yesterday morning. They have some toughies for sure.

How was your week?

Hello-I forgot we moved to December. Is it me, or are the months just flying by these days? Maybe next year we should have a Damage Control 2019-for the whole year! Anyway, it sounds like you've had a pretty stressful week between work and not sleeping. Glad you got some workouts in. This is the first year I've done cards since I can remember (before the kids were born?)-maybe!

I've been rolling along with pool every other day and core/walk every other day. I'm thinking of trying some lighter total body weight workouts and going back to my 3 day rotation of pool, walk, total body, rest then repeat. I liked that one, my weight was good, and I didn't hurt myself! Not yet though...

I have been feeling good. Monday was my last PT and I was sore after it, but am not sore any longer. I've been sleeping pretty good-one night was bad due to thinking about the job situation, but otherwise I've been good. I did finally talk to that lady yesterday and they filled the position internally. She said they have lots of openings 1.5 hours away from me. I'm not interested in that. So I remain where I'm at and will continue to look for other local options.

I printed off a month long challenge at Eating Bird Food website. There are 5 goals each day: protein at every meal, 30 minutes of exercise, 64 ounces of water, 7+ hours sleep, and close the kitchen after dinner. I am doing it. Last night I did have a bowl of cereal before bed and the one night I didn't sleep 7 hours. But-it's been fun trying to get these habits instilled and I'm going to go for 90% by the end of the month since 100 is obviously blown already! How are your challenges going?

I have to work this weekend. Otherwise I'll watch some soccer in the mornings and try to get my 30 minutes of exercise in before work. The house is minimally decorated-I'm still not into it. Dinner is coming together (we ordered some stuff from Omaha Steaks) and we're almost done shopping. So I feel pretty ready for xmas. What are you up to this weekend?

Beth

I took Friday afternoon off and went Christmas shopping. I picked up the bikes for the girls and some of the gifts for my great nephews. Now I have things to wrap. I did BR w/o's Sat and Sun. I'm not sleeping and it's really having an impact. My weight is up a bit and it is so frustrating. I'm just going to keep doing my best staying on track and hopefully the scale will respond.

bbl

That is one reason I moved to second shift-I can sleep/rest as late as I want (or can). I worked until midnight last night, so didn't get up until 10 today-and it was 2:30 ish when I finally got to sleep. Sat. I walked, Sun. was the pool. Friday I did x10 double low impact! I have to do my core today and might try a total body weight workout. I picked up Mindy Mylerea's BOSU DVD so want to watch that and see if I could do it. Did you know she came up with the sliding disc workouts? I want to see if she did any dvd workout of that since low impact is where I'm at now. To be honest, I feel so much better not doing any impact, I don't think I'll even try it again. I wish Cathe had more low impact kickbox.

Only thing on my Monday agenda is cards at 3:30. I need a day off after the crazy weekend we had at work.

Nice you got a longer weekend and got some xmas shopping done! Are you doing any meal prepping? I just make a lot of whatever I make and use it for leftovers-chili, soup, etc.

Beth

This morning I did Cardio Slam. My knee has been bothering me and stepping makes it worse. I did 3 step w/o's week before last and I'm paying for it. It is feeling a bit better today. I was really hoping to do Imax 3 but will probably have to wait until later in the week. I did get out to walk though and got in my 10K steps. It's supposed to be in the 50's and sunny this week. I didn't get out until 4pm though and it gets really cold fast. No meal prep going on here. I have chicken breasts, turkey and vegetables, and occasionally eggs too. David cooked a roast and potatoes in the air fryer tonight, dinner was delicious! I need to get busy wrapping gifts, probably a chore for this weekend.

Hope you enjoyed cards today. Bosu workouts can be tough. I hope you can find some low impact dvd's you like. I modify moves that I can't do or don't want to do all the time.

Those air fryers are wonderful! I wish I had one. Sorry your knee is not up to par. I feel like I'm getting stuck in a rut between walks and pool. I need to write out a rotation to get some weights involved. By the time I'm done all my core work 3x a week, I'm not in the mood to do much more than walk. Maybe I should break out Ice's one body part/day. I'm probably not going to do anything different though until January except think about it!

Did you sign up for the SGS January challenge? I did this morning. I'm just getting the free one. We're off to wine country this morning to pick up our Dec. shipment from our winery.

Beth

I got in a BR w/o this morning and that was it. Another 10 hour day. I need to do more weight training too. My just keeps going up up up. It's so discouraging. I'm hoping whatever they give me for the hot flashes and not sleeping will help with my weight also.

I didn't even know about the SGS Jan challenge. Thanks for letting me know. I did sign up. I'm actually thinking of doing the 21 day cleanse in Jan.

I've decided to do Upper body after core on Mondays and Fridays, Pool on Tues, Thurs. and one of the weekend days, and Lower body after core on Wednesdays. So today I did core and then Ice Chiseled Lower Body blast premix of the main routine minus jacks. It was all low impact and clocked in at 39 minutes with warm up and stretch. I'm feeling good so far. I didn't go past the knees for my deadlifts. I'll have to see how my SI joint feels later.

Glad I'm not the only one doing 10 hour days. Guess what-the doctor's office called yesterday and I have an interview tomorrow morning!

Beth

I did a BR w/o this morning and had time to work out at lunch. DS3 is off work today and he is downstairs gaming. I'm so mad. DS1 has some of his stuff-stuffed around my elliptical so I couldn't do that either. It is so windy and cold out I don't want to go out. I think we are getting DS3 a TV that he can hook up his gaming consoles to and then we won't have this conflict anymore.

Nice job on your workout. Congratulations on getting an interview! That is great news.

Whew, got through the interview. Why do they have to be so stressful? I'll know in a few days if I get a second interview. If not, I still have a job anyway. Time will tell. I'm really tired today from not sleeping well last night thinking about the interview. I'll keep you posted!

Beth

Yesterday morning I did the Gauntlet with my 10#vest. Whew, it was tough. I need to do something about this weight moving the wrong way. Last night I did RWH CST. The RWH weight workouts are short and fit better with my schedule, especially right now. I did not sleep very well last night and have no idea what I will do this morning. My granddaughters maternal grandma and great grandma will be here this weekend. Her son and wife just had a baby boy and they live. I'll be seeing them sometime this weekend.

I'm sure you did great!! Interviews are always stressful. Like you said, you do have a job. I hope it works out for you. For me, the worst part of starting a new job is having to start over with vacation accrual.

Nothing new to report. I did call off sick for tonight. My throat is killing me and I hope it's not strep again. I pushed through 30 minutes in the pool yesterday before work. I'm off this weekend so plan to rest a lot. I hate getting sick around the holidays.

Gauntlet with the vest-yowsa! As strong as you are and able to get through that-maybe you don't need to lose any weight!

Have a good weekend and enjoy your visit.

Beth

Friday I did a BR w/o and went walking, yesterday was another BR w/o and LIHI BSB. Today I plan on doing cardio leg blast before heading out to see my granddaughter maternal grandma and great grandma My mother in law is sick so I'm going along. We all get along great. I was up a tad at my WW meeting. I'm doubling down on my workouts, but I can't do that forever. I think it may have to do with not sleeping. I've gained 6lbs since mid June. It is very frustrating to be working this hard and have my weight going up. I finally wrapped gifts last night. DH will be doing the shopping for the boys.

Hope you are feeling better and can enjoy the weekend.

Saturday I did a BR w/o and LIHI BSB and Sunday I did CLB. It's only Tuesday and it's proving to be quite a stressful week. Yesterday was a really bad day. I'm hoping today will be better. All these year end deadlines and system issues are taking their toll. I had a wonderful visit with Amanda's mom, grandma, brother and his wife. Their new baby boy is so good. He never cried once. They say he only cries when he's hungry or needs changed.

How was your weekend? Are you feeling any better?

Glad your weekend was at least not stressful! I rested Friday and Saturday and felt ok enough Sunday to go to the pool. Yesterday I did my PT regime and PUB-just the pyramid up premix. I also walked with a friend for 50 minutes so managed to get my steps in by the end of the day. I plan to go to the pool soon before work at 2.

Not much else going on here. I'm excited for the LITE workouts-watched all the videos yesterday.

Beth

Yesterday I did BR w/o and did a walk/run at lunch-mostly walk. This morning I did a BR w/o and tonight was RWH BSB and abs. Trying to do a bit of ab work each day. Biceps are my weakest link. Single arm preacher curls are so hard for me. There is no way I can keep up with Cathe's weight or pace. I work to failure at a challenging weight for me though. Glad you mentioned watching the videos. I watched a couple of them this morning. The lower body one and PHA2 look really good too me. We are almost ready for Christmas. Not sure what's up with my Versa. Fitbit pushed an OS update yesterday and now the HR feature isn't working. I verified it's turned on. It's always something. Trying to get that working tonight.

PUB is great workout! It's nice to be able to get outside and walk. Is your DS coming home for Christmas?

Yesterday I did PT routine and the legs portion of the Legs and Core Fit Tower series which was fine just holding onto the back of my couch. I did have some SI pain last night, but was able to stretch and do the isometric moves to work it out and feel good today. I did not sleep well the last two nights. It will be interesting to hear what you find out at your doctor's appt. about sleep!

I planned to do the pool today, but might just walk. I should get my holiday stuff done, too. DS2 is not coming home. We sent the grand dog a box from Chewy. When do your grand daughters arrive?!

Beth

This morning I did RWH Legs with the 10# vest. It's short and sweet and fit the bill for today. I took a few hours of PTO and stopped working at 1:30. I went to Target where I could buy gifts and groceries. I think I'm mostly done with gifts. Plenty of wrapping to do though. I'll be making desserts on Sunday for Monday and Tuesday. The girls get here tomorrow night! So excited to see the little munchkins. We are giving the boys money and are doing a trivia kind of thing. I hope it's fun. Oh, I succumbed to some yoga downloads. My knee is hurting and I know yoga is becoming more important as I age. I'm sticking with RWH weights through the end of the year. I'm off work until Dec 28th, then have the 31st and 1st off. Planning on enjoying my time off.

Hope you are feeling better. Congrats on the new position!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.