Damage Control December

Yesterday I did RWH CST and Cardio Slam. I try to do more floor w/o's when the girls are here so they can do them with me if they want. Anymore I mostly do floor w/o's with my knee issue. Rallie Mae did the first 15 minutes with me. The girls and I went shopping and then made a bunch of desserts for tonight and tomorrow. We made chocolate chip cookies, peanut clusters, brownies and 7-layer bars. Today I am making a lemon pie and and apple/cranberry pie. My family will be coming over tonight. My brother only lives 15 minutes away and I haven't seen him in 2 years. So sad. My sister and I talk, shop, visit all the time. She too hasn't seen our brother in a couple years. My brother is coming over tonight. :)

What are you up to? Have you given your notice? I figured your son would come home for Christmas since he didn't for Thanksgiving. How is he doing being so far away from family? Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Hi! Merry Christmas to you and your big family! The 7 of us here in PA got together and it was very nice. Unfortunately, DS1 has decided he doesn't do Christmas any more so all he did was eat with us. Am I going to have to just accept this? Probably. He's an adult now, but I feel like I failed to institute love of family in him. DS2 on the other hand called from Cali and is doing good. He and his dog had Christmas tonight after he took his girlfriend to see Vice this afternoon. So very different from his brother...

I have been busy working all weekend and then getting ready for Christmas! I gave my 2 week notice last Friday night when I accepted the job offer. I have a physical next week and will find out a start date after that. I hope it all works out. If it doesn't, I'm still glad I quit and will just have to find something else. But I think it will! I'm just hoping I don't have to lift 50 lbs.-that's what the other medical establishment here requires for employment. It wasn't in the job description so I think I'll be ok.

I'm still working out-but got nothing in today except for my stretches. Yesterday I did PT and the upper and lower weights of HSTA. I still love that workout even if I can't do the cardio for it anymore! Liverpool plays at 10 tomorrow (Boxing day is soccer bonanza). I'm planning on cardio workout before and then PT during the match before work. I work Wed.-Fri. and then I'm done! I took the holiday, a vacation day, and my last Personal Day next week. So it will be good to have a break before the next job!

I'm also going to start tracking my workouts again in the workout manager-haven't done that for months! That and SGS in January is my goal.

Beth

We had a wonderful Christmas! I was able to workout on the 24th and did HCLB. Probably not the best choice as my knee has been killing me ever since. No workouts to report for the 25th or 26th. I'll probably head downstairs sometime today and do RWH BSB and abs. I took down the tree yesterday and DS1 will probably get it back under the stairs some time today. I'm just enjoying my day off and am still in my pj's. I braved the scale and it was just as bad as I expected. Getting back on track today. Oh, the Christmas trivia was a big hit and the kids want to do it again next year. :)

Your son is an adult and can make his own decisions. His adult decisions are not a reflection of you. Yay for giving your notice. Hope the next few working days fly by for you.

Sorry to hear about your knee, but it sounds like everything else is good! Glad you had some time off and could relax with the grandkids. You're right about Chris...it's just hard to accept. Today is my last day at work-it's bittersweet since I'll greatly miss the residents. All my administrator asked was where I was going. Then she dismissed me more or less. I shouldn't feel upset by it, but I was there for 10 years. I'm definitely ready for a change. It's been impossible to find my immunization records with the changes in technology. I talked to the recruiter and she said it's good I'm trying, but if I can't find them they will run the titer tests. So I have to stop worrying about that. My new job only wears navy blue outfits so I have some shopping to do!

I'm having great results with the IF, drinking 32 oz of water between 9-12, another 32 between 12-3, and a final 32 between 3-6 PM. I'm down to 97 pounds! 94 is the lowest for my height, so I'm still in the good weight range. I've been changing up the workouts a little bit. Monday was PT and total body, Tues (rest), Wednesday I did PT and AOLIH from X train, Thursday was pool, Today is PT and upper body weights. Plus I've got a couple of loads of wash to do.

I better get moving.

Beth

Last edited:
I braved the scale at WW today and I'm ready to get back on track. My eating was pretty good but there were too many desserts, made by me. Who knew 7 layer bars were 15 pts. Oy. My goal for this week is to exercise 6 days and drink a gallon of water each day. Not sure if I can do cardio with my knee. I bought some yoga workouts and downloaded them. After the girls go home, I plan on doing 2 yoga w/o's per week. I know, not a lot, but I have to start somewhere.

I'm sorry you were simply dismissed. It is hard when you spent so much time there to be dismissed like that. Glad that IF is working for you. Not sure if I will ever be near the low end of my weight range, but I'm okay with that. Enjoy this time before you have to start back to work.

bbl

Yesterday I just rode bike at the gym for 30 minutes and sat in the hot tub. Today I'm meeting an old friend near a McDonald's on route 15 (about 1/2 hour from me) to catch up and maybe take a walk. She moved to WV about 20 years ago and we've kept in touch. So many of my friends have moved so it's nice the one from Atlanta moved back! If we don't walk, we'll just get a coffee. My workout schedule has been good-I did total body after PT on Monday and Friday (did Drill Max upper/lower premix Friday). Wed. was PT and cardio, Thursday was the pool, and Sat. was just cardio.

Not sure what my new schedule will be-office is open anywhere between 7AM and 6PM with an hour for lunch (I'm close enough to come home!). I will probably just take it day by day for a while. Next Saturday I signed up for Yoga with cats for a benefit for the local animal shelter. Should be interesting. I modify yoga now a lot-no chaturangas for my shoulders and bent arm/bent knee for a lot of other moves. Yoga 2x a week is a great goal! Gallon of water is key. Like I said before I'm better at doing 32 ounces every 3 hours to help spread it out.

I think my goals for this year are to increase vegetable from 5 to 7 servings a day (SGS should help with this!) and do my PT and stretches as ordered (which gets really old, but I know it's what will keep me out of PT and more back pain so I have to do it.).

Off to walk and talk!

Happy New Year-let's make it the year of not hurting ourselves!

Beth

Yesterday I did TBGS and used heavier weights. Today I did x52 and a BR leg w/o. BR is having a 21 day challenge that I'm doing. I'm starting a few days late but should be able to finish. I wish I knew why my knee was hurting. Nothing specific happened, other than stepping. It hurts putting pressure on it like when being on my hands and knees. I won't be doing any stepping until it stops hurting. I just modify and do moves that don't hurt. It hurts on the soft tissue under the knee cap and moving towards the outside of the knee. I bought the yoga burn dvd's and downloads. The schedule is 3 times/week and each w/o is 45 minutes. I too split up my water intake. I always have 32 oz with my morning w/o and 32 oz in the hour before bed. Then 32 oz before noon and 32 oz during the afternoon. It works well for me.

Nice job on the bike. If it's warm enough, we may let the girls ride their bikes around the park. That is great that one of your friends moved back! I do miss having someone to workout with or just do things with. My sister and I get together but she does not exercise. She has scoliosis and some neck issues as well.

Off to grocery shop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.