Damage Control December!!!

Hi Ladies,

Another long day today. I didn't sleep well and had a 6:30am meeting. I finally got to workout around lunch and did a BR w/o, and then tonight I did the next STS Disc-17 I think, it was legs and I will definitely be sore tomorrow. My stomach is still bothering me. Drinking my cleanse mix and tea today, and some warm lemon water too. I have an ortho appt tomorrow morning to pick up my retainer and whitening trays. My day is jam packed so it may end up being a rest day. I did find a 30 min BR w/o, if I can fit it in somewhere I'd love to do it.

Beth-I've been refraining from holiday treats because I will eat them! When it gets closer to Christmas then I'll get busy making treats. That way I can send them home with my nieces and nephews. :) I have cut out a few recipes though and am looking forward to trying them. I might ask for some comp time, not sure if I will get it though.

LL-I'm on FB but I just don't have time for it right now. I belong to a couple Cathe groups and BR group too. I'm glad you liked the lives. I'm surprised there is a rotation for it. I'm guessing a cathlete put it together and not Cathe. She actually said on the RT that it would be very difficult to put together a rotation for the lives. It sounds like fun.

bbl

I'm pretty sore, as I expected. I did manage the 30 min BR w/o this morning after my appt. It had a lot of sandbag swings and my glutes are definitely feeling it. Unfortunately they had a mishap with the whitening molds so I will have to pick those up next week. My retainer fits, its a tad tight but to be expected after a week without braces.

What are you two up to today?

bbl

Hello,

Monday I did Power Hour and feel 90% equally sore in my quads (which is how I determine how my hip is healing). Last night I had book club at my house. It was ok. We discussed: we are all completely beside ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. Next up is Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. Today's workout was the Ultra cardio blast from Drill Max-over 7,000 steps and 62 minutes of movement. It will be interesting to see how my hip handles it. I did no jumping off the step and minimally high jumps the whole time. I'll let you know tomorrow!

So nice the braces are off! What did you do to your hair, Diana?

LL, what's going on this week?

Beth

Today, I guess technically yesterday, I’d RWH Low Impact 2 abs 1. Tomorrow might start STS or sleep in to 6.

Made 13 loaves of pumpkin bread and various scrubs and soaks for teachers tomorrow.

More tomorrow: marathon day with co op, need to get my workout in early, like 6am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi!

Back to say my hip and shoulder are good! Going to the pool late morning before work. I'm driving instead of walking down today because it's freezing here.

LL, I need to try RWH LI again. I can't even remember the workout. Was it fun? Did you start STS?

Diana, did you sleep last night? I monitor sleep on my fitbit and generally get more on nights I don't work; but it balances out to almost 8/night on average.

Beth

Yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and did STS Back & Biceps last night. Can't remember the disc number but it was from Meso 2, week 3. The undulating rotation is so hard because you don't have the benefit of gaining strength and endurance like when doing the standard rotation. I did manage to use the weights in my log, but man were they heavy. I didn't sleep very well last night, and it didn't help that DH was having a restless night too and turned on his lamp to read. I worked from 7am to 5pm/no lunch. Then did my STS w/o, showered and then had to be back online and worked until 9pm. I'm so tired. I'm going to do a Cathe cardio w/o today, not sure what since I'm not sure how much time I will have for it.

LL-How did you marathon day go yesterday? Those would probably be the days I chose as rest days since they are already jam packed. What did you decide about STS?

Beth-Yay for no pain. I'm averaging 6 hours of sleep according to my fitbit. Prior to Mid November, I was averaging 7 hours. I need my sleep and it is wearing me down.

bbl

Glad you're still exercising and checking in, Diana! It sucks having to work so much, but you are getting in some great strength training and cardio. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Had some friction at work and get so tired of the drama. Then I think about it all night. I need to learn to just not respond negatively when I get upset. I always regret it later.

Today I did RWH LIHI Legs. It was 41 minutes and felt just right. I lightened up the weights a bit. It's really nice to do more of my workouts again. Tomorrow will either be rest or an upper body split. It's the 3rd day of work in a row and I'm always the most tired that day. So we'll see.

Off to get ready for work. Made some tomato chickpea soup for lunch. I love my immersion blender.

Have a good day!

Beth

My workout never happened yesterday. I'm exhausted from working until 9pm every night this week. I need a break. The scale is real ugly. I eat when I'm stressed. Getting in my gallon of water each day is really difficult when I don't exercise. I still plan on doing a Cathe cardio w/o today, not sure what. I'll figure something out. My new dishwasher will be delivered and installed tomorrow. I'm trying to get all my Christmas shopping done this weekend. I just ordered some stuff from amazon for my son and his family in San Diego. I still need to email the twins their stuff. I'm getting there, but having to rush doing everything is not fun.

Beth-oh no, work drama again. Sorry to hear that. What immersion blender do you have. My DIL to be asked for one. I'm glad you are finally healed and getting back to your normal workouts.

Waving Hi to LL.

bbl

Only 6 hours sleep for me last night. I don't think I'll work out today. I'm going to go to Goodwill to see if I can find some longer, bigger shirts to sleep in at night. I have been freezing even with all the blankets. My immersion blender is called the Cusinart Smart Stick. I made soup with it yesterday-tomato chickpea. I probably use it once a week for something.

Diana, do something FUN to relieve your stress. I sat and cried already this morning. I need to get a grip. Thank you for being here for me.

Beth

Back to report that I did Imax 3 this morning. It felt great do just do a solid cardio w/o. If I can fit in the next STS disc today I will. At least I have 5700 steps already. I've been really short on my steps as of late.

I'm so sorry that work is stressing you out Beth. That's no fun. I'll check out the cuisinart, thanks.

I ended up taking Friday off which was good since I had a really bad night at work. Today was much better! I did Muscle Endurance and feel energized. Gearing up for the holiday now. Hope you guys are having a good weekend.

Beth

No workout yesterday. I had a 4 hour window for the dishwasher install then had a pedi appt and then went to costco. Today I did STS Discs 29 & 30, plyo legs and SBT. I need to shower and go grocery shopping and gift shopping. Another busy day. I worked for a couple hours yesterday and have to work at least 2 hours today. I'll log on after dinner I think. I also noticed I didn't work out for 7 days this month.

Glad you are having a much better day Beth.

Hi LL, hope you are having a great day.

Monday was a pretty good day. I did To The Max-extreme premix and felt really strong through the whole workout. I think the increase in endurance is from wearing the weight vest for the BR w/o's. I was intending to do another w/o but it didn't happen. I finally got some gifts so I have some wrapping to do. I hope to get to the post office to mail off the packages for the girls. I'm going to read the news while I figure out what w/o I'm doing this morning.

What are you two up to?

bbl

Hi all!

I haven’t started STS yet. This morning in place of a weight workout, I did the 1RM for disc 1 and Thursday I will do it for disc 2. And Saturday for disc 3. I hope that will cover all the docs but I’m afraid. It won’t. Is their an easier way to do this? I wish you could sort by 1RM not done or something...
Yesterday was RWH ploy HiiT 1 abs 1. Boy that was tough!

Hi Diana!

Beth, I couldn’t find you on FB!

Hi!

LL, too bad about FB. It's probably something in my preferences there. I'm really not that into it. Just use it for Cathe and whole30 support and some family communications.

Diana, isn't it nice to feel as light as air without the vest on and to get a good workout in! As many days as you do intense workouts missing one here and there shouldn't matter too much.

Monday I walked for an hour wearing my weight vest. Tuesday I did PHA-heaviest weights yet. Today is pool in an hour or so. Wrapped things yesterday. Going to pick up Aaron at PSU tomorrow. Got some decorations up. I limited the tree to just lights with the dog and the new cat.

Beth

I’m working thru the 1RM on my wt days. I’ve gone thru discs 1-3 for week 1. Tomorrow I will do a boot camp of some kind and then a Saturday I’ll work on more 1RM stuff, kind of a pain but I want to start STS next week, but it will most likely be January 1 that I start, TThS and MWF will be shorter Cardio HiiT Days.

We are headed down to Philly tomorrow for the Macy’s Light and Comcast Light Shows and lunch at the Reading Terminal Market. I’m looking forward to it! Then we have dinner out at a pizza place near Peoples Light and Theatre and see Aladdin A Panto Musical tomorrow night. And then Saturday will be the last day to food shop for Christmas, clean, pick up a free foosball table from a friend and wrap before Christmas. And then Christmas Eve at my mom’s before the 5pm service with my sisters and their kids (3 Total kids). Then we host Christmas Day with both sets of parents that are local, my dad moved to CA in August so it will be the first one without him in a long time.[emoji20] and hopefully my brother in law, his wife and son. So low key on Christmas Day, but mad rush to get there...

What are you guys doing?

I've been working tons and am exhausted. My weight is up 6#'s and I haven't been able to get it under control. I haven't been eating that bad, but I to tend to eat more when I'm stressed and usually grab peanut butter. I purposely haven't made Christmas candy or desserts yet since I didn't want to be snacking on them. I will be doing all baking/making on Saturday. I'm off 4 days next week and that will help a lot. I worked out M/T/TH and will workout this morning. Yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and an STS disc in the afternoon. Today will probably be same.

LL-There really isn't a fast way to get through the 1RM's. You will still get a good workout even if you don't do the 1RM. They really need to be done if you are going to follow the full 3 or 5 1/2 month rotation to get the benefit of increasing your weights per the program. I've only done the 1RMs once, when STS first came out. If you just plan on using the discs for weight days without doing the rotation, then just lift as heavy as you can or is challenging for you.

Beth-How did you hip feel after walking with the vest? Do you think it is completely healed? I occasionally have shoulder issues. I avoid or modify the moves that cause pain. I'm so frustrated with my weight. I lost 20#'s probably 6-7 years and have maintained it all this time, well until now. I'm not sure if its meno related or not. I need to get a handle on it pronto.

bbl

Hello,

Thursday we picked up Aaron and Riley (the dog). Only workout that day was a long walk with the dog when we got home! DS2 is still into weights and putting on muscle. He is now the proud owner of my MRI weight vest (the heavy one, not my walk vest). It has 20 lbs. in it now, but there are some extra weights so he can make it 30 lbs. He uses it at the gym for pull ups, dips, push ups. It was hard for me to let go of the image I have of myself as lean and muscular. I just don't think it's in the cards for me anymore. At least DS2 can use it!

Friday I did Muscle Max. I even used the barbell so am starting to be able to incorporate that into my shoulder. I'd like to walk today, but it's raining here. Soccer is on so it'll be hard to fit a workout in before work. I'm off tomorrow and that's when we'll celebrate with out family. Monday I work, but can workout before work. Then I'm off for a week! So if I miss today, I'll have lots of days to workout.

Diana, my hip feels ok after wearing the vest. I do still get a crack in it occasionally. Lower impact is definitely more hip friendly. I did SPJ cardio premix and got a crack the next morning during my stretches. The crack is when it's a little out of joint/place or something, because it feels so much better once it cracks! If I don't do any impact-no cracks. After the pool it feels wonderful-everything is stretched out. So my basic routine lately has been weights 3x/week either 3 total bodies or 1 total and 2 split; a walk, a pool, and a Cathe cardio. Today is a cardio for me if I get one in.

Family drama has started. My mom and dad are going away for two nights...who (in the family) will watch her two dogs, how much would they charge...blah blah. DH's brother told my mom she was manipulative last week-so she's upset with him. DS1 doesn't want to exchange presents...

LL, it sounds like you have some really fun activities planned!

I'm off to watch the 10AM soccer match.

Beth

The Christmas festivities are behind me. We had a wonderful Christmas with my side of the family and dh's side of the family. Fun was had by all. I kept my eating in check on Christmas Eve, but Christmas-well not as much. I had a few too many goodies. I'm refraining from the scale today. I should be able to get back to my normal workout schedule now. I'm off work until Friday. I desperately need to clean the house and put away the tree and decorations. I used tissue paper that had glitter in it, and it's all over my house now. DH and I will be buying a new stand for my workout TV and a snow blower.

My dear MIL and I are going to Oregon for the girls' 10th birthday. Something fun to look forward to. :)

Beth-how was your Christmas? I hope the family all got along in the end.

Hi LL-you found me on FB! I don't have time for FB, but try to peruse probably every week or so to get new pics of my granddaughters. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

bbl

Hello!

We had a great Christmas on Christmas Eve and then slept in on Christmas and I worked. I told everyone they were lucky to have a nurse in the family since he goes to those who have to work first! I've been doing a short workout every day and then walking the dog a few times. Having a dog around makes getting steps in really easy! My mom and dad went away for a few days so we're taking care of their dogs as well. All these dogs are making me appreciate the cats!

I need to clean up too. I want to consolidate all the trimming stuff (bags, paper, tape, etc.)

Are you guys getting the Fit Split series? I think they're going to be shipping soon!

Beth

LL, are you in the facebook group of Cathe?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.