Damage Control December!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hi! Glad to see you're getting outside and still getting at least one workout in a day. Your work sounds really stressful now.

I have a sore throat and swollen glands, but no other symptoms. It started Wednesday night. I slept in Thursday and didn't work out. Now it's Friday and I don't know what to do. I had strep last January and ignored it way too long. I guess I'm going to wait until Monday and see where things are at. Either I'll get a cold or the strep will continue. Busy weekend with Dickens of a Christmas in town. It's a town ride celebration and I'm at the Library for a few hours on Saturday for their cider and cookies. Everybody dresses up like Victorian England. It's fun.

Hope you have a work free weekend this time!

Beth

This morning I did a BR workout and had a massage this afternoon. My neck and shoulder have been so sore lately, it's a chronic issue. The gal that works on me uses heavy pressure and is painful at times, but it does help alleviate the pain. It probably wouldn't be so painful if I saw her more frequently. My skin is really looking good and I'm thinking its from getting all the water in. My sister and I need to catch up and plan Christmas Eve this year. We have a big family gathering and we alternate hosting it each year. It's my year this year. Oh, I'm going to look into a potential opportunity that will get me back to the UK. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I'm going to check into it.

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Dickens of a Christmas sounds so much fun! Hope you are able to enjoy it.

Hi Beth and Diana! Found you guys again! Finishing no up nov. rotation.busy weekend ahead: Tree, Basketball and Young Living DIY workshop all tomorrow. More later! Ramped up upper body on tap for tomorrow. I finally got On Demand a week ago! Seems cool, but sound and video don’t always sync up. Talking with cust. Serv on forums..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This morning I did BR w/o followed by STS disc 16-CST. I'm doing some filing and getting our coupons and grocery list ready. DH and I are going grocery shopping tomorrow morning. Then I have a haircut appt. It will probably be a rest day for me.

LL-welcome back! I just signed up for Live and On Demand. I haven't had the chance to use it yet though. I did a quick test it worked fine from tablet that I chromecast to my basement TV. Let me know what Customer Service has to say. I'd like to know in case I run into that issue myself.

Beth-what are you up to today?

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling ok. Dickens was fun. I helped out at the Library then took an hour walk with DH. The town was packed so we kept to the outskirts. Played cards last night with my folks. I was hoping to decorate today. It's nice to be decorated for Advent-which started today; but I ended up sleeping from 11 last night to 11 this morning. My sore throat is gone, but the stuffy nose has come on. So I guess it's a cold. I'm still drinking lots of water and felt well enough to do a short step workout today. It really does make me feel better to do something.

Diana, we're having Christmas on Christmas Eve as well; since I have to work on Christmas. We'll have the baby cat and the dog along with our older cat so DH doesn't want to put out anything that can break. It'll give me a chance to use all the homemade items the boys made throughout the years. If you go to England, maybe I'll join you! You could work and I could watch soccer over there! Just kidding if you call off you can watch soccer too! Seriously, though-maybe we could travel together? It depends where you go, when, etc. Nice job with keeping up with the undulating STS.

LL, welcome back. You sound as busy as ever but are still getting in some great workouts!

Beth

Diana, goodness I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready for sts!!

Beth, glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope it totally clears up soon!

My weekend was a whirlwind, typical. Friday morning was great flutes and at night B had basketball practice.
Saturday I just couldn't get up to workout. We met friends for breakfast at 8 and then went hunting for a Christmas tree. Shortly after It was off the car and put up, Hubby left to take JTrain to his first basketball game (won!) of the season. Meanwhile, I'm cleaning and setting up for my Young Living DIY workshop with 6 friends. In the evening we watched Elf.
Sunday morning I had to run JTrain to church by 8 for worship band practice (I can wait until he gets his license!!), and I went food shopping. Then back to church to help in B's class because they are doing a live Christmas nativity in 2 weeks. After going to the sermon in the next service, we went straight to B's basketball game (lost). Back home for decorating the tree then back out again for CDawg's game (won and made 9 points!). Back home again for the night. Dinner and Eagles game, which I didn't watch.

Workouts for the week:
Today: SAS Ramped up upper body
Tues: Drill Max (will prob do a premix)
Wed: cardio super sets
Thurs: High Reps (67 min, likely a premix but this will be the first time for this workout thanks to Cathe On Demand. )
I'll check out the Dec Rotation to see if I want to do it. That's all I have planned though.

This week will be the norm for December: basketball games and practices every weekday night except one (this week it's Tuesday). Saturday is actually completely free at the moment. But we will need to clean for a going away party we are hosting on Sunday for some friends. Friday afternoons have been my working out of the house time. I'm running essential oil info to my chiropractor's office and then having lunch/coffee with friends. It's been really fun!

My weight is up. Sugar is the reason, shocker. I need to get back to keto and sugar free. Chocolate chips in the evenings again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No workout to report today. I couldn't sleep last night and finally took some melatonin around 2am. I was a bit groggy this morning so it took me longer to get moving and I had an 8am meeting. Not sure if I will be able to workout tomorrow or not. I have to take my car in for an oil change and it's 30,000 mile maintenance in the morning. My apt is at 7:30, hopefully it won't take too long.

The big new is I finally got my braces off!!! The polishing off the glue was so painful because I have such sensitive teeth. They put a permanent retainer on the inside of my bottom teeth. The upper and lower removable retainers will be ready next Tuesday. I'm also getting whitening trays and gel. I should have some pearly whites by Christmas!

Beth-Sounds like you had a nice time with your folks and your long walk with DH. We celebrate Christmas Eve with my brother and sister and all their kids, in-laws, grandkids etc. After my folks passed my sister and I started taking turns hosting it. Honestly, if we didn't this, we may not see all the nieces/nephews etc. Then on Christmas morning we do our own little Christmas, later in the day we head to my MIL's to do Christmas with DH's side of the family. I'm so blessed to have such a loving family.

LL-Well you are doing great fitting in workouts with your busy schedule! Of course you can do STS. You can just try a few workouts and see what you think. The Undulating rotation is the hardest, IMO. I've done the standard 3 and 5 month rotations before. I'm dealing with Peri-menopause and my weight is up too. It's just a few pounds but it's not budging. I've been reading how you really have to watch your calories in menopause. It's so frustrating. I really need to buckle down on my nutrition and it is so hard.

bbl

Diana, maybe I’ll give it a try. But I also feel like I have to be ready to commit and hour a day right? Where are the rotations so I can check it out? And does it include cardio or do I fit that in myself, I feel like I remember that being the case. I’m sorry your not sleeping well, that really stinks! And congrats on getting your braces off! What was the g you ate??

This morning I just didn’t have it in my to do Drill Max,I’m just not really a fan of that one I guess. I did greatest hits: bonus circuit 45 min. It’s was 4 segments from cardio and weights and the sit-up/push up combo from super cuts. I had forgotten most of that step work!

Off to make pumpkin muffins for breakfast and Bible Study Christmas brunch tomorrow!

Hi Beth!

Hi!

Diana, glad the braces are gone! I'm back to taking Melatonin every night to help me sleep. I'm also experiencing hot flashes again. Dressing in layers helps. I finally did the Fit Tower Total Body yesterday and really enjoyed it. Used my windowsill and the back of the couch and did not miss the tower at all. I liked this one better than the Bootcamp workout. LL, the Total body was about 50 minutes total so it's less than an hour. It was fun and worked my muscles good!

I still have a cold and called off work tonight. This is only the third day this year I called off-once for strep, once for my back hurting, and now this. I hate to do it, but don't want to spread any cold germs to the residents. Why do I feel so guilty? DH wants me to take tomorrow off to. He thinks I'm all stressed out and need Mental Health days to help. We'll see. I'm not planning on working out today so maybe all the rest will help with the sneezing and coughing. All symptoms are above the neck anyway so if I feel up to a workout I'll do it. I might just take a super long bath and read in the tub.

LL, how did the muffins turn out? I made a whole what banana bread recipe last night to practice for book club next week. DH and I liked it so I'll probably make it next Monday.

Have a great day!

Beth

No workout to report again. My appt at the shop took longer than anticipated. I should get back to my regularly scheduled workouts tomorrow. I plan on doing a BR w/o in the morning and then STS legs either at lunch or after work. I've also haven't weighed the last 2 days so we'll see what tomorrow brings. My company offers a 9/80 schedule where you have every other Friday off. I already put in enough time so I'm considering asking my boss for this work arrangement. I could take long weekends to visit my or granddaughters without having to use my PTO. As a new employee, I accrue at the lowest rate. I

LL-STS is 3 weight workouts per week. They are between 50 and 70 minutes. Most of the STS rotations have cardio days but I just do my own cardio, whatever I'm in the mood for. At this point in my life, lifting is more important to maintain bone density and help with weight control. I found one of the rotations: https://cathe.com/sts-strength-and-cardio-rotation/ You don't have to do the whole rotation to benefit from the weight work. Meso 2 is my favorite.

Beth-sorry you are feeling under the weather. Why not take the extra day? If you have the time I say go for it. I was thinking of trying the fit tower bootcamp workout, but maybe I'll try the total body instead. I probably won't give it a try until this weekend. I also made a dessert that MIL had made for Thanksgiving. DS2 was asking for it and I'm thinking of making it for Christmas too. It's called Peanut Butter Bars with Salted Chocolate Gnache.

bbl

Hello,

I ended up going into work Wed. I'm off today and feeling almost 100%. Yesterday I took an hour walk wearing the weight vest. I just put Ice Chisled Lower Body with Blast on the calendar for today. We'll see how it goes! Doing some shopping and I got the mantle decorated and the tree out.

Diana, did you try the Fit Tower Total Body? It'll probably seem pretty easy to you after STS! Those Peanut Butter Bars sound delicious.

Have a good one!

Beth

I'm exhausted I worked from 9am to 10pm last night. I've had so many long days this work stress is really getting to me. The scale doesn't like it either. I had Sun, Mon and Tues with no workouts. I did BR w/o's both Wed & Thursday intending to get to the next STS disc, but that hasn't happened. I'm not sure what I will to today. I should only have to work half a day though. I'm already way over my 80 hours.

I hope to get my tree up and do some shopping this weekend.

Beth-Glad you are starting to feel better. Nice job walking with your vest! STS legs is next for me, Leg Day it is! Enjoy ICE CLB, it's a pretty fun one with lots of variety. I like workouts that tend to fly by and this is one of those. With all the variety and moving from strength to cardio makes the the time fly. I haven't tried the fit tower workouts yet, maybe this weekend. This extra weight is so frustrating so I'm thinking of doing more cardio based w/o's for a few days to see if that helps.

Waving Hi to LL!

Hello!

Is it love to hate or hate to love leg days?! Hope you can get some steps in and some workouts in this weekend. I really hope that you can cut back your hours sooner rather later. Talk about stress. Any good insta pot recipes you want to try?

I think I'm going to stick with ICE for the rest of the month. The CLB felt good yesterday even with the BB. Today I did the CUB with ABS 1. I was looking at the premixes at the end and realized there are so many ways to use this series. It seems like a good one to use with the holidays because the cardios with the BB's are long, abs a couple of times a week (and I like these abs much better that the S&S abs), and lots of different weight lifting options.

Have a relaxing weekend, please!!! I'll be at work, but it's ok.

Beth

Happy Friday! Did a Cathe Live for the first time today, CrossFire quick fix with abs. I seem to figure out the workout blender. I can only do the 4day split regular...

I’m thinking about starting STS on Monday, but then a workout might end up on Christmas... maybe I should wait until after?

Beth- I like ICE, especially the blizzard Blasts!

Diana- no do need a relaxing weekend!

We are supposed to get out first snow tomorrow! 1-3”

Hi Ladies,

Checking in to see what you're up to. I ended up just walking with the vest today for an hour. Tomorrow is a planned rest day. There are two soccer derbies on so the morning will be that and then work later.

Beth

Hi!

Today was a planned rest day. But I got my steps in with the going Away Party, prep clean up and set up for tomorrow night’s DIY workshop.

I was thinking about starting STS tomorrow, but then I thought it might be too hard to do if I want to do wts mwf and Cardio/HiiT On TThSa. I wouldn’t get in wts in on Christmas because it’s on a Monday. I don’t want to wing it, but I feel like if I wait for the perfect time, it will never come! Do I NEED to do 3 months of STS to see results?

Beth- I find Diana on Facebook. Are you on it?

We got a bunch of snow yesterday and the kids loved it!

Hi Diana!

I just realized I need to do the 1rep max. Not sure I want to do all that right now. Now I’m between rotations and have no idea what to do! December rotation? Ripped with HiiT? I gained a bunch this week, need to buckle down and quit sugar. To much peppermint bark with workshops and parties!

I've been sick all weekend, some kind of stomach thing. Honestly, I think it's just work stress. My stomach is just in knots. I'm going to do 2 cleanse days (isagenix) today and tomorrow and see if that helps. I only worked out 2 days last week. I told David I may have to take a day off from work as a mental health day. We don't get sick time so I would have to use one of my PTO days and I hate wasting them on sick time. I didn't sleep very well last night and don't have much energy this morning. I'm going to try to a lighter, less intense workout and ease my way back in to my normal workout schedule.

LL-I would recommend just doing Meso 1 and see what you think. The 1 rep max is recommended to get the best results, but you don't have to do it. As with all weight, choose a weight that is challenging for you. Don't get too caught up on the days, if you have a day off-just pick up where you left off. I'm doing the STS undulating rotation and just missed an entire week. How did you like the Cathe Live??? I still haven't tried it.

Beth-Enjoy your day of rest watching the soccer derbies. I bought a ton of vegetables and fruit this weekend. I've been doing pretty good with my nutrition, but it's an area I will always need to work on.

I can't believe it's Monday already. I feel like I need another day or so of rest.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Diana, you should get some extra time off for all the overtime you've been doing. If not, take a sick day. Just one day can make such a difference-mentally and physically! Good job with nutrition. The treats at work started showing up and last night I had a carb feast. I took an RX Bar with me, but failed to use it. Families and residents are so happy to give us goodies.

LL, I'm on facebook but really limit contacts because of work (aks I hate drama). It's Beth Dillman if you want to look me up and ask for a friend request. I'll accept, of course! I don't use facebook too much though. I like reading the cathe stuff and am in a whole30 group for recipe ideas. I like checking in with Diana and use facebook for messaging family members mostly. I did join the road trip group since I want to go on more Cathe trips!

I never did much with the 1rep max. I just used weights that were challenging. Of course, I hurt my shoulder going too heavy (and using the tower for pull ups that never felt right). Now I just go with what feels right for my shoulder and joints. I believe I'm getting arthritis, already have osteopenia, and am trying to not get reinjured because it takes soooo long to come back (especially now that I'm in my 50's). It took over a year to get my hip back to where it's good and it feels good all the time unless I start doing too much impact. I did an Intensity premix of just step last week and was ok. So maybe 30 minutes of impact is ok. But I still don't go all out with high jumps. I find myself just lifting the toe and just wanting to move and not get hurt. At work I see so many older women with wrist, back and hip fractures from doing nothing more than getting up to go to the bathroom-so I know what could be coming. Anyway.

I'm off to do Power Hour for a total body today. Hope you both find a workout that energizes you and relieves some stress!

Beth

I ended up doing RWH Legs strength only. Running behind today with just myself. I got my workout and protein shake in, but no shower so I'm cold and just got my monthly friend so feeling icky. But have already read 30 min to my B. The Journeyman, set in 1816 the New Hampshire town just had a rough winter and some are hoping to go west. Interesting book. And just read Bible, History, science, Capyboppy and poems to Little K. Then did grammar and math. Still have hands on science and phonics to do with him. But I need to move on to CDawg, check over work and do grammar and math. That's all we really do together. I spend most of my time with B. With JTrain we just go over History and sometimes math.

I'll find you on FB, Beth! I'm pretty active in there. I'm in one Cathe group.

Diana- Cathe live was fun! I actually printed out a rotation created from Cathe live videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.