Damage Control August!!

Hi Ladies,

Diana, have fun on vacation! Glad your hip issue resolved. It sounds like your home improvement projects are moving along. We have plans and then something comes up that needs done immediately and the plans get pushed back. Hope your vacation workouts are enjoyable! Are you going to the mountains again? I'm stoked for the road trip. DH is worried I'll try to keep up with everyone and Cathe and hurt myself, but I've been modifying enough to know what I can do in place of push ups/burpees so I don't think I'll get injured.

Yesterday I did PRS2. Probably taking today (Sunday) off. Soccer on until 1PM then I work at 2.

Beth

We are having a very relaxing vacation. Saturday I did a BR w/o before we headed to the mountains. Sunday was complete laziness. We basically stayed in and watched tv or read all day long, and finished up with a soak in the hot tub. Monday I did Asylum V2 Xtrainer. I didn't have weights for the short weight section but did my own thing during that segment. I also went for a short run before the eclipse. After watching the eclipse live on tv we went to the outlet shops. I bought a race belt since I forgot mine and don't like to go running/walking too far without my phone. I also bought a pair of cross trainers and running shoes from the Nike outlet. Today I did Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge and Ab Attack. Later I'm heading out to walk/shop down the quaint main street. My arm has really been hurting. Everyday things hurt like pouring coffee, picking up a glass or cup, squeezing a trigger like on perfume or laundry spray. I'm sitting in the hot tub every night. The hot tub is definitely helping my big toe joint and neck too. I can't really tell any difference with my arm though. Perhaps I need to ice it.

Don't even worry about keeping up with Cathe. Everyone does what they can and modifies. It's definitely not a competition. I call it a girls fitness weekend! Our house plans aren't moving at all. I have everything ready to go, but DH is waffling now on refinancing the house. All the materials have been finalized and now I just need figure out how to convince DH to do it.

bbl

Hello!

We survived the zoo. DH took the dog back Sat. and was gone from 10:30AM until midnight. I got home from work and he wasn't back yet. I called DS2 and he said DH had left at 8:30PM. Well, it's only 90 minutes between and I was starting to panic at 11PM. Fortunately, he got home at midnight but now knows to definitely USE the cell phone that he took to let me know what's up.

Sunday ended up being a day off for me. Monday I did KPC with my gloves. Tuesday morning we took the kitten to the vet for the spay and declaw surgery. She only weighs 6 pounds. They called last night and said she was in recovery and doing fine. (Whew!) I'm already attached to her. And I cried when the dog left-but she's glad to be back with DS2.
I did Slow and Heavy Legs yesterday-not too heavy, of course. Today I'm going to the pool.

Diana, I hope you and your DH can work out the remodel. It sounds like you do an awful lot of planning and organizing for it and then hit a roadblock. I wish I had better advice, but I really don't know. Glad the hot tub is helping your joints. I miss Shaun T.! He is so motivating. Your vacation sounds relaxing and the workouts stress relieving!

LL, you must be at the beach with the family! Hope you're having fun.

I'm off to the pool.

Beth

Hi! I'm here just busy with house and kid stuff! We head down the shore September 2.

I'm about to start PLB. Monday I did PUB and yesterday was intensity HiiT hi and lo. I seem to mixing workouts that are not premixes. And we've decided to get Cathe On Demand! But not sure when. We will need to get a new Apple TV at some point in the next few months. So then the old Apple TV can come to the basement and then I can subscribe! Can't wait!

I can't believe how the summer is flying! I'm so not ready for school! And I only have a little over a week to figure it all out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

LL, so excited you get to get Cathe On Demand. Those live workouts look awesome. Have fun at the beach. Isn't it nice to go off season when it's not so crowded.

Diana, are you doing any running on your vacation? You have to break in those new workout sneakers you got!

I did the pool Wed. and Legs and Glutes from BB series Thurs. Afterwards, we went and picked up Rainie from her spay and declaw. She's doing pretty good. We're supposed to keep her in relative isolation for a week to help her heal. Plus we have shots to give her-not fun! Cleo is very clingy and hisses at her still. It's a process. At least the pup isn't here complicating everything. Today is my 27th wedding anniversary! We're going out to dinner tomorrow night since I work tonight. I'm feel so fortunate to have enough food, a roof, and to go through everything with my best friend. Other than dinner, our weekend plans are low key-take care of the cats, watch soccer, workout (of course), and just relax. What's up for your weekends?

Beth

We came home last night. I was pleasantly surprised by the scale this morning. I did not gain any weight on vacation!!! This morning I did a BR w/o and STS C&B. I hope to finish this up before the RT. All my vacations are not helping me get through Meso 3, it's taking forever. I leave on Friday for San Diego too. Today and tomorrow are my cleanse days. Next week I will cleanse on Wednesday/Thursday before my trip. Oh, I did run twice for about 20 minutes each time. I did this after the 30 minute Insanity Max w/o.

Beth-Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy your dinner out tomorrow. Oh no, the shots sound awful. Sorry about that.

LL-What fun to have Cathe on Demand! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy your trip to the beach. It will be a nice end of summer vacation before kicking off the school year.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Diana, that is awesome that you didn't gain any weight on vacation! All that muscle is paying off!

My weekend was good. Dinner was way too rich. I gained 2 lbs on that meal. I think it was saltier and fatter than stuff I usually eat. DH and I both felt it took too long to digest and don't want to eat that way again. I ended up working until 2AM Sat. morning. I did Low Impact Circuit that day (cardio premix) before we went out to dinner. Sunday I just walked and started cleaning my kitchen-taking stuff out of the cupboards and reorganizing/cleaning. I got about 1/3 done and hope to do more every day I'm off. I might just do just the fridge today since I slept in until almost 11 AM (finally catching up for the 12 hour shift). I also want to do Rockout Knockout today. Saw my parents last night and had fun playing cards.

Beth

I started this yesterday and never finished.

Saturday I did a 75 min BR w/o and hoped to another long one on Sunday. I just didn't have it in me on Sunday so I just went for a long walk and got in my 10K steps. This morning I tried to do the workout planned for Sunday, but about 30 minutes I had a comcast outage. So frustrating. I should do the next STS workout but am growing tired of them. This rotation is going on forever. I'm almost done and will finish it, eventually. I think I lose my mojo with all this traveling interrupting my rotation schedule.

Beth- I wouldn't worry too much about the scale. It was one meal to celebrate your anniversary. 12 hours is such a long shift. Glad you are catching up on your sleep. Yay for clean cupboards! I need to clean out my cabinets too. How nice to visit with your parents, do they live nearby? I miss my folks all the time. So thankful for my amazing mother in law.

LL-Hope you are having fun with your last few days before starting back to school. Are the kids ready for school?

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Scrap working out for a few days for me. I somehow injured my back/lat muscle during the warm up of Rockout Knockout yesterday. It started hurting when I started the first cardio section. I originally thought it was GERD. Then I thought it was a heart issue. It's very sore, but my chest doesn't hurt now, just my back. It's bad enough that I took a sick day today. So-I'm making soup and continuing to clean. I also have two books I'm reading-one for book club called The Innocent Anthropologist about an anthropologist studying a group in Cameroon. The other is a fiction book called The Birth of Venus about a young girl in Italy during the Medici times. I feel like I'm in school with the anthropology book.

Diana, you're getting in good workouts most days. Too bad the power went off. The last mesocycle takes a lot of concentration. Yay for San Diego coming up soon!

Have a good one,

Beth

Hi all!

So not ready for school! Trying to get ready to go down the shore with meal planning, healthy...and school planning. I don't know how I'm going to do it all!

Workouts have been great, I'm doing SAS this week a bunch. Yesterday was PHA Training and today was cardio slam premix 7 35 min plus abs.

Beth- sorry you injured your back! That stinks! Feel better soon!

Diana- I checked out the BR workouts and I don't think they will be for me.

On Demand is the plan, but hasn't happened yet, because we just bought 3 used good bikes in the last 10 days and I got a bigger hard drive out in my iMac. And vacation. So not sure when that will happen. My goal is by the time the new workouts come in.

Rain Rain, go away! Bring back the heat and humidity! I hope the beach will still be good!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LL, I'm with you on bringing back the heat. My hair is liking less humidity though! Hope next week is good at the beach for you all. Do any of the SAS have primarily leg sections? I've only done the cardio slam once and liked it, but have yet to even preview any of the others. It sounds like you and your family will be able to bike together. Come up to the Rails to Trails in Wellsboro! It's a long trail that used to be where a railroad was and is safe and relatively easy (no real big hills). We used that a lot when our kids were younger and went with us.

My back is back to normal! The day of rest really helped. Yesterday I went to the pool and it felt great. Planning on doing B&G overall leg premix and walking today (although I just looked and it's raining out). It's hard to get my steps in when I'm not working.

Diana, what are you up to before your trip this weekend?

Beth

Hi Ladies, yesterday I did Plyo Legs and SBT. That finished up M3W2 twice through. When I get back I will start on week 3. If my arm is not cooperating, then I will just do them once through instead of 2. Today I did the 75 minute BR w/o from the other day-when we had a comcast outage. I'm also all packed for my trip tomorrow.

Beth-I've done all the SAS workouts and think bootcamp is my least favorite. All the weight workouts are very good IMO. I can't really see your question since your picture is covering part of the verbiage. I'm glad your back is feeling better. Try having a desk job and getting your steps in every day. It's not easy.

LL-It will all come together, sorry its so stressful right now. Make sure you take time to enjoy your vacation.

bbl

Diana, hope you're having a great time in CA! LL, it looks like Monday will be a nice day to start your time at the beach. At least none of us are in Houston-can you imagine? I never realized it was the 4th largest city in the US. I hope they all get the help they need to recover from Harvey.

Friday I did Rockout Knockout without any problems. Saturday was X38-the Low Impact and Step premix. I don't know what I'll do yet today. I'm tired.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.