Damage Control August!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Good morning. I can't believe it's August already-summer is flying by. I must have stressed my hip/back on the bike ride Monday because I have had intense pain all day Tuesday and woke up with it again today. I should have just gone to the pool. I am definitely going there this morning to stretch out in the water and use the hot tub on my SI joint. I don't think it's locked up, just really tight. I feel like it's one step forward, two steps back sometimes. I'm giving it a week then calling my PT.

On the plus side, the cyst on my ovary was reviewed yesterday morning and it has dissolved.

Yeah for finishing STS Meso 2, Diana! How is the Isogenix going? What are you doing on your "rest" week?

Beth

Hi!

I am in North Carolina for the week! But trying to stay active and not just eat junk! My friend doesn't have any equipment except a small step I gave her. So I brought: discs, bands, ICE, RWH, LIS, TTM & CF. she has a new workout DVD by Danette May. Everything is 7 min or less so we tried out a few. Many of the same exercises as Cathe but all broken up. Do your own warm up and cool down, just back and chest, just arms and shoulders, just legs and glutes. And I'm checking out a freebie from morellifit. Although I'm not sure I'm going to be liking him. Lots of cursing from him in his FB group. But there wasn't any in the short HiiT workout I did if his, but he wasn't in it...10 min 4 rounds of 5 different exercises , 10 reps each: plank up/down (like RWH abs 2 at the end), lunge/knee ups, bird dogs, touch knees/jump and reach up & full reach up sit ups touching your toes. So I did get my year rate up but I felt like I could have gone longer. So I did danette May's 7 min arms/shoulders intermediate, then 7 min legs and glutes, chest and back advanced and finished with intermediate abs. So my workout was over an hour but a lot of stopping and starting because it would go back tot he title menu to select the next one. Not a fan. But since I am in vacation it didn't really matter so I figured I'd try it out.

Beth- yes summer is flying by!im sorry your having hip/back pain no fun!![emoji17]

I'm off to swim in the lake with the kiddos. My friend has 2 young kids 4.5 and 3. And I brought Little K (6) and CDawg (13) and Hubby this year. The other 2 boys are at camp.

Hi Diana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank LL, I'm now in August.

Tuesday I did Cross Fire. I normally reach for TTM instead so it was a nice change of pace and I really liked it. Yesterday I did DrillMax, another one I haven't done in a long time. I'm enjoying my week of cardio before getting back to STS. This morning I have an ortho appt. I should have time at lunch for a workout, but I haven't decided which one yet. I'm thinking Lowmax but am not sure if I want to step or not. I haven't really lost any weight with Isagenix. Today and tomorrow are my cleanse days. I'm sure the scale will be down on Saturday and back to normal on Sunday, just like last week. Today is turning in to a rest day after all. I was hoping to get out but have been stuck in meetings all day.

Beth-sorry about the hip pain. That's no fun. Hope the pool and spa help.

LL-wow, you are getting in some great workouts! Some of the BR w/o are live on FB if you want to try a few out. https://www.facebook.com/SeanLightBodyRock.TvHost/?ref=br_rs
You may only see 1 or 2 w/o's because then they go into sweatflix, the paid subscription.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Hip is feeling better with extra stretches and the pool. I am going to see the PT on Monday for a check in. Maybe he can give me some more home stretches to prevent the most recent tightening and losses up any kinks I have now. It felt yesterday like my leg was jammed back into my socket, but today I just have some radiating thigh pain. I did the pool again yesterday and took a short, flat walk. I have to work tonight and may just take today off from exercising. Still thinking about it...

LL, hope NC is fun! Lake Norman is such a nice place to swim and hike. I bet the boys are really enjoying themselves. You are quite dedicated taking all those workouts! Maybe your friend will be inspired to join the Cathe community.

Diane, glad the "rest" week is fun! Did you get your braces off? You must be getting close to that. How does your weekend look?

The kitten is in heat...meowing a lot and rolling and marking everything. We get her fixed on 8/22. The two cats are still getting used to each other. We hope they bond when DS1's dog is here for 9 days.

Beth

My right forearm is hurting. It's actually getting bad enough that I may go to the Dr. for it. I thought a week without lifting would help, but its still getting worse. I've tried googling the issue, and all I can find is tennis elbow. My pain is definitely on the top of the forearm, about an inch below the elbow crease. I'm so tired of all these aches and pains that seem to take forever to go away. So I was going to start back with STS today, but that's not going to happen with my arm pain. Yesterday I did Tabatacise in the morning, and The Gauntlet at lunch. This morning I got by butt kicked by Intensity, the 70 minute premix. I even had to take a couple breaks to catch my breath.

Beth-hope the PT helps alleviate your hip pain. I may do a few extra days of just cardio/walking myself.

LL-Enjoy your vacation with your friend. I second what Beth said, truly motivated to take all those workouts with you.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Checking in to report ICE Rock em, Sock em with abs for Saturday. Busy weekend at work-never have enough staff. So I'm taking today off.

Diana, sorry to hear about your arm/elbow. I'm tired of the aches and pains as well. I know mentally what I want to do; but physically I am not able to do anymore. It's unfortunate, but I don't want to spend the next 20 years in and out of the hospital/PT dealing with injuries. Since I turned 50 I've felt my physical capabilities decline and truthfully, this last issue with my SI joint has made me realize that I'm OK with doing less intense exercise in order to not have pain. I have to work to keep health care for my family and I need to be able to walk (a lot) to do this. It was frightening on Wed. how bad I felt. Yesterday I felt good enough to do ICE so that's what I did. I feel ok now and cancelled my PT appt. for tomorrow.

Along with less strenuous exercise, I need to reign in my diet. DH and I are trying to eat minimal added sugar as a start. Are you up for a whole30 month? This time I would make stickers for each day, put them on the wall and cross them off (post it notes). I've not been imbibing being on evenings so giving up all alcohol for a month wouldn't be as hard as it was last time we did it! Maybe after you finish Isogenix? Think about it!

LL, enjoy level 3(in your thirties)!

Beth

Today I did Cardio Slam and STS disc 25-Chest & Back. Only 1 back exercise bothered my arm. Then I mowed the lawn and went and walked around kohl's. I will probably cut back on the double workouts most days. Cardio really gets me going in the morning though and I prefer to lift at lunch or later. I'm definitely down with doing another month of whole30. Not sure when I want to start though. My MIL offered to pay for my airfare to go out to San Diego again over labor day. We are on vacation Aug 19-25, then I would be gone again Sep 1-5. Not sure if I mentioned that my son in San Diego and his SO are now engaged! His fiance and her daughter were in Europe during our last trip and my granddaughter Natalia has been begging me to come back. Honestly, there's not much happening with the Isagenix. Of course, my weight is down after the 2 cleanse days, but back up to normal after that. I'm down 1.7lbs total after 19 days of Isagenix.

DH carries insurance himself and our youngest and I carry my own insurance for just me. I have the high deductible plan and health savings account. I put the max in the HSA and try not to use it. I also try to refrain from going to the dr. unless absolutely necessary. I pretty much never go if I'm sick. They always say it's a virus anyway. Hopefully we'll have some money saved for health care when we retire. Did your DH get retiree medical benefits?

bbl

Diana, so happy to hear of your son's engagement! You are a traveling fiend the next few months. Maybe we should just do a two week (whole 15)? We are traveling 9/11 to 9/15. So maybe 9/15 to 9/30? Then we can reevaluate on the Daytona trip! You are so lucky to be gaining another granddaughter, too.

I ended up working until 3AM last night. At 1:45 a crisis occurred and I had to stay to see it through. After 8.5 years of nursing, I feel like I'm finally decent at reading people and saved this woman's life. It gets your adrenaline going so it was 4AM until I fell asleep-showered and did all my stretches after I got home just to unwind. Fit bit says I got about 6 hours of sleep anyway. I think I'll go to the pool today or do cardio supersets.

Beth

Wow, I can't imagine the stress you go through working in hospital. You never know what is going happen. So thankful for people like you though. I can do 9/18-through 9/30. My birthday is on the 1st and my anniversary is on the 17th. I ordered another 30 days of Isagenix, so that will get me through mid September then we can do Whole15 (patent pending :))

This morning I did plyo legs, sts disc 26. I'm in meetings until 3pm today. It looks like tomorrow may be a rest day, unless I can get my w/o done in the late afternoon. I have meetings tomorrow starting at 7am and ending at 3:30pm. This is why I do double workouts, I sit on my butt all day. Oh, forgot to mention that I still have my braces on. My next apt is September 6th. Just trying to get a couple teeth closer together. It's taking forever. Not sure if I will have them before the RT or not.

bbl

Hello!

How are you feeling? I did the pool Monday and AOLIH from Xtrain on Tuesday. I'm feeling good. Not sure about today, yet. I'm just so happy not to be hurting. After Sunday night I've been catching up on my sleep. Two week whole30 sounds like a go for the end of Sept. I'm surprised you ordered more Isagenix-is your stomach getting used to it?

Beth

Let see, Tuesday I started the BR Real Time Challenge again and did day 1 and STS-SBT. Yesterday I did RTC Day 2 in the a.m. and walked at lunch. My arms were so sore. Today I did RTC Day 3 and hope to get to STS-Chest & Back later. I stopped using the IsaFlush-it's supposed to keep you regular but it was tearing up stomach. Once I stopped taking those I felt much better.

Great job with AOLIH!!! It's no fun hurting. Enjoy your sleep!!! Whole30 is more how I want to eat on a regular basis. The shake thing is fine short term, but it's not a realistic lifestyle for me. Also, I'm not losing much with the Isagenix program anyway. I am hypothyroid though and have always been a slow loser. I have all the hypo symptoms like being cold, dry skin & hair, slow metabolism, slow heart rate etc. It makes it very difficult to lose weight.

Great workouts, Diane! I'm glad to hear you've made the Isagenex work for you, too. I think I'm hypo too-cold hands and feet, etc.

We picked up the dog yesterday and took DS2 to the airport. He's now in CA. The dog as been on cat watch since she arrived-basically sits at the top of the basement steps and the cats are in the basement. They come up at night when the dog sleeps in DS2's room. 1 night down-8 to go. We're going to take her to get her nails cut this afternoon.

I ended up just walking yesterday for an hour. My legs were sore (but not too bad) from the lower body triset workout on Wed.

I had two rolls and a few bites of a sandwich yesterday and am up 1.5 lbs. today. I'm definitely looking forward to whole15!

Beth

Yesterday I just walked at lunch because I was stuck in so many meetings. Today I did Plyo Legs-D26 this morning and C&B-D27 at lunch. I've been on medication for my thyroid for over 20 years. Isagenix is really easy to follow, but having 2 shakes a day and 1 meal isn't a sustainable lifestyle for me. You do get snacks, apple & nut butter, almonds etc. All vegetables are okay except peas, carrots and corn. You can have any fruit that ends is berry (blackberry, strawberry, blueberry). I actually bought some bananas last night and had one today with cinnamon and almond butter as my snack. Oh, and I had 2 cookies. I'm good limiting, but not eliminating. I've been eating very well for almost a month now and the scale has barely moved. I still want to enjoy my life and the occasional cookie and glass of wine. Are you FB friends with Amanda Kraus Blancett from the Cathe workouts? She's in another fitness competition and looks fabulous.

Walking is good and helps work out the lactic acid from the muscles and prevents stiffness and helps with soreness. Seriously, what kind of life do we have we can't enjoy some rolls and a bite of sandwich once in a while? I love that the dog sits watch at the top of the stairs! That is too cute. What is your DS doing in CA?

Have a great weekend!

Hello!

We're having a busy time with the dog. She is much better at not chewing everything in sight and still gets walked frequently. I've had no trouble getting my steps in this weekend! The cats are still together in the basement. We go down there to "visit" them a few times a day. DS2 is out seeing his girlfriend and they went to a music festival in San Francisco. We asked him to text pictures and updates, but haven't heard anything since Friday. No news is good news, right?! DH picks him up next Sat. around noon at the airport in State College and he's moving into a new high rise apt. building.

I worked out Sat. to To The Max (less impact premix) and Sun. to LIS Cardio Supersets. Feeling good, but will probably just walk again today.

Beth

Hi Beth and Diana!

Trying to do tons of things and still enjoy summer here!

Day 7 of a sugar detox, 21 day fix with 3 day quick fix last week. 4.5 pounds down in the first week! But 2 of that was gained over vacation. The key is trying to keep it off.

Ive been researching macros, intermittent fasting, carb cycling, ketogenic diet (lightly because my step father is into it) and using morellifit.com and bodybuilding.com. My stepfather would love it if I was on mercola.com a lot!!

Workouts were awesome last week. Followed 21 day fix using Cathe workouts.

Tabatacise 1-2 was this morning. So cardio day, low carb day. Aiming for 175 protein (my weight) and about 100 or so carbs. Tomorrow I'll increase my carbs but keep my protein the same. Not sure how, I guess my fat will go down.

Cleaning out the school room, house is still a wreck from getting furniture from my dad a couple of weeks ago and a TV from my mom this weekend. And baseball has started up again. B is at a mini camp this morning and tomorrow. I'm also working on setting up DIY classes for my business and I need to order the last few items and organize my school plans! I have 3 weeks until we go to the beach. And I haven't decided it we will start school the week before we leave or the week after. I'm leaning towards after but scared!

I will go back and read more later to catch up! I need to break here to run errands before I pick up B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No workout on Saturday, my arm was killing me. I bought another wrist brace to wear at night and a tennis elbow wrap. Hopefully one or both of these treatments will help. Yesterday was a BR w/o and STS SBT. I can't keep the disc numbers straight. I just completed M3W1 twice through. This morning I did a BR w/o and will be starting M3W2 this afternoon. I will probably only get through this week one time through before we are on vacation. I will bring some "no equipment needed" workouts with me. I'm thinking T25, CCC, Cardio Supersets, travel fit etc. I may even try to run a few times. DS2 sort of moved out this weekend. He took what he could in his car and will be back next weekend to take the remaining stuff and clean out the room.

LL-you are having a wonderful summer. I've been reading up on Intermittent Fasting myself. Carb cycling works for me but it is a lot of work and hard for me to stick with.

Beth-My boys aren't much better with communication. I'm always texting my youngest one to find out where he is. Cats aren't much work and really prefer being left alone anyway. I bet you are getting your steps in with a puppy in the house!

bbl

Hi Ladies,

I read about carb cycle and I don't think I could do it. It looks like a lot of planning and with work I think it would be hard. IF I might do-I tried it once before and liked it, but didn't stick with it. I would do the one where you eat during a set window-like 10 and 6. If you guys want to do it and encourage each other we could.

LL, how did you like the sugar detox? That's a lot like whole 30, I think. Down 4.5 lbs in a week is nice!

Diana, I just did Cardio supersets and had to use some hand weights and the discs-so if you take that-pack them, too. CCC is good. I love that workout. I've been careful though with impact. Today I did Leaner Legs from CTX. I upped the barbell to 30-we'll see how my legs are tomorrow! I'm going to try to do weights on Tues, Thur. and Sat. and Cardio on Wed, Fri, and Sun. Monday will be rest day. Plus I'm still trying to get my steps in. I'm not doing much upper body still-just some arms and light shoulder presses. I wonder if I have tendonitis in my shoulder? I just ignore push ups and do planks, mt. climbers, or punches outs like in Insanity. I figure I'm moving and that has to be good enough. Weight work will mostly be for my legs. I wonder if the farmer walk is good for upper body? Oh well, I'm just really focusing on not getting any more injured than I am now and hopefully getting my shoulder to heal completely. I think my hip is good, finally! Planning on the pool tomorrow which I consider total body. I've been off work since last Wed. and don't go back until Fri. It's been nice! Did the boys laundry for them and have been reading some book club books. Just finished "And After the Fire" by Lauren Belfer. So good! Do you have a book for vacation, Diana? DS2 moved out-wow. How is he doing? My DS1 is still here. DH doesn't want me to ask him about his plans because he says he'll tell us what he's doing. I find it very hard to talk to him (DS1). I don't want him to feel like I'm prying, but he never tells me anything. DH says it's a phase, but I don't know.

LL, I think you could incorporate the beach into school-have them write about it, keep a journal, cook for you, read to each other, etc. We took our vacations after school started-usually VA beach area and they did some stuff while we were there. I once read where to really learn something you have to teach it to someone else-so you could have the older ones teach something to the younger ones.

I'm rambling....off to do my stretches!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

My staycation/zoo at my house is almost over. I go back to work tonight and our grand dog goes back to her dad tomorrow. I'm really going to miss her! She's the perfect size dog to take for long walks and she's so loveable. She's really calmed down since last xmas and no longer chews. It's funny that on walks everytime we meet up with a woman she stops and sits down and stares at them and then they usually come over and pet her. I think DS2 taught her that!

My workouts have been good. Wed. was the pool, Thurs. was Leaner Legs and today I did STS Circuit Max. Gotta burn off the pizza I ate last night!

Beth

Sorry to leave you hanging. Tuesday I did plyo legs in the morning and walked at lunch. Later that day when I was getting up from my desk, I hurt my hip flexor/hip and could barely walk or put weight on that leg. Thankfully whatever the hip issue was resolved itself. I was left with some lower back pain from walking weird. Wednesday I only walked. Yesterday I did BR w/o and walked. Today I did Plyo Legs and STS SBT. I was able to manage pretty heavy weight (for me anyway). I did barbell curls with 55#. Now my forearm is hurting though. I finished up my 10K steps by mowing the lawn. I hit a sprinkler head and DH is not happy. He said he will fix it tomorrow before we head on vacation. I'm going to pick some workouts to take and hope to run a bit too. Not sure if that's doable or not, but I'd like to give it a try.

The gal from the flooring store brought the samples I picked out last night and a few others. The flooring has been decided and the stacked stone for the fireplace too. Now if DH and I can come to an agreement. Ugh. So irritating.

Beth-you are getting in great workouts! DS2 stopped by to pick up his mail. He's planning on coming over this weekend or sometime next week to get out the rest of his stuff. He's leaving his bed so I'll probably sell it. It is a queen size though and I'm considering putting it in the girls room in place of the full size bed in there now. I'm really getting excited for the road trip!!!!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.