Damage Control April!!!

This morning I did Cardio Leg Blast and went for a 30 minute walk tonight to finish up my 10K steps. I still have to modify but am seeing progress. My job has been so stressful lately. I just can't catch a break. Oh, DS1 got me the new Fitbit Versa! I just set it up, this thing is amazing! I got it to sync with my app but it won't sync with my pc. Once I get that working then I start using it.

Our refi is to fix up some things (not everything I want to) and then be able to move if we choose to. We can't live in a 2 story forever with laundry in the basement. We will be replacing all the flooring for sure. Seriously, the carpet is 24 yrs old, the original carpet. We are getting laminate floors on the whole main level and then carpet upstairs/bedrooms. If I had my way, we get rid of all the carpet. I hate carpet. We may or may not swap out the jetted tub for the walk in shower. The extra money will also allow DH to quit his job and keep us going for a while. His job is killing him, literally. His weight is up, they doubled his blood pressure meds, he's drinking more etc. It's just not good. This is the only reason he wants to do the re-fi, so he can quit his job. We could probably get by on my income for a short time, but it wouldn't be fun. I've signed all the documents and uploaded everything to the loan company. I think David still has to sign his docs and then we will be "in process". The longest part he said is waiting for the appraisal. He said we may be able to close in approx. 30 days. Once everything is approved then I will schedule the floor folks. I think we need to get another estimate, the first one was with the wall being removed in the kitchen and that's not happening.

Not sure if I mentioned that our rotted 24yr. old fence blew down in the bad winds we had last week. We want it replaced and 2 gates fixed. The estimate is $4000 and we were ready to pay for it. OMG, this is the second time the neighbor wants to use the cheap way out. The posts were replaced, but the same rotted fence was put back up. UGH. DH said to just let it go for now. He said hopefully it will stay up long enough for us to move.

Are you looking to replace your current job or just supplement? Well I'm glad to hear the cortisone shot is helping your mom for now. Having surgery is not fun, I can't imagine what the recovery would be like for someone your Mom's age. However, they can do a lot now with arthroscopic procedures. Wonder if that is an option for your Mom. Hope you enjoyed the pool.

bbl

You know, it sounds like this refi/remodel has been a major decision in your lives and you're both on the same page. I can relate to how David feels-trapped in a job, depressed, looking to escape, and making poor health choices. I'm glad you've come to an agreement to help him get out of his situation. DH is tired of me talking about "when I retire". So I'm looking for a job that's not so stressful and still has health benefits. My interview on Monday is for a part time position to see if I like it. I also applied yesterday to another full time job that's about 15 miles from my house and the hours are M-F 8-4. Maybe I'll get a call.

Pool was great! Love feeling all stretched out and loose. My back is a bit tight today. I wanted to to do another total body today.

Good job with your steps and workouts!

Beth

Yesterday I got in my 10K steps, that's it. This morning I did BR w/o, it was 945 reps and I'm beat. It was 7 exercises and we did a set 30 reps, 27, 24, 21, 17 and 15. After that I mowed the lawn and spot treated the weeds. Hopefully DH will get the sprinklers going pretty soon. We have a broken sprinkler head from last year that DH needs to fix. Hopefully we can get them going pretty soon.

What are you up to this weekend. Good luck on the job interview!

So happy you got to mow the grass! It must be getting warm there. Yesterday I did the pool. Today I'm taking a rest day. I'll let you know how the interview goes.

Beth

Today I did 2 BR w/o's, one Upper Body and the other Lower Body. Honestly, it was so nice to do straight weights. I've been reading about exercise for women in peri-menopause. Weight lifting followed by walking or low intensity cardio, HIIT w/o's that are 20-30 minutes in length, and also walking, biking, yoga, stretching etc.

Good luck with your interview!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.