Damage Control-April!!!

I got in CF but not the one I wanted. :( My breakfast casserole took longer to make so I only did the premix of 23 min with the fitness tabata and pylo tabata. Then it was go go go: right after a shower and breakfast I took the younger 3 to a dr's annual check up (CDawg) then home to pack the car for the rest of the day so I could get my hair done!! It's been over 4 months and I really needed a highlight and cut! So I took the kids to my parents with school work, laptop (for Jackson's online writing class in Phoenix) and golf clubs as my stepfather took them out to the driving range! I went to Whole Foods after my hair cut, then quickly picked up the kids and then off to the volleyball social where I messed up my eating!! Good thing I only had a spinach salad (with fatty caesar dressing!) for lunch because I had lasagna, bread, caesar salad, M&Ms and too much chocolate cake! 1 large piece for me, ate B's because he didn't like it and went back for 2 small pieces!!! So bad!

I've decided I'm going to try Tracy Anderson's meal plan for 8 weeks as I have my 25th high school reunion in 8 weeks!! I started to buy the stuff today. I don't know if I'm going to be able to, but I've already given myself the option to eat what Easter dinner brings and I have a mother son retreat at haycock.org the night before my reunion. Oh, yeah, I'm going to NC to visit my best friend over Memorial Day weekend in 6 weeks. So I'll let my self have some treats, but if I completely go off plan for 2.5 days that I'll be there it could undo everything!!

Fit_Mommy-Ok after reading your comments about her meal plan, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it either. I'll google it some more.

Poochy- you make me want to look more into T25!!

I did my meta omni workout out chased by p90x3 accelerater in full yesterday. What a workout!....It sucked!:p lol

Today The Warrior is on tap from X3 & Meta Omni if I can handle it!:eek:

LL- So what did you decide re the TA meal plan? I would say give it a shot if it's even a consideration. The worst that happens is you decide you don't like it. Don't feel bad, I want T25 too but I think I need to sell my Insanity set first to justify it... :(

Laura- Hope you enjoyed your time with DN. Sounds like you had some fun activities planned. How old is he again?
only thing I have heard about TA eating plan is it wasn't much food .. not enough calories!
- That's the impression I got while reading through it as well.

Hi Ladies,

Not sure when I checked in last. It was a very hectic week. I started tri-training class 2 nights/week last week. Tuesdays are run/swim an Thursdays are Bike/Swim. I can't recall what I did on Friday.:confused: It's written down on my calendar in the basement. Yesterday I started the new BR 21 day bootcamp challenge. Last night I finally did Xtrain B&T, core#2. I followed that up with Meta Omni 1-11, OMG...WENDY, what was I thinking. Yep, I bought it.:eek: That lower body stuff is killer, I couldn't even do all of it. My glutes were on Fiyah!

This morning I did a freezing 5k. The weather totally sucked but I survived.

Wendy-it sounds like your X3/Meta combo is going well! I felt like I was flailing around during the arm section...LOL, hopefully the moves will become more fluid with practice!

LL-I think you like T25, you would be able to complete the workout and not feel like you are selling yourself short by having to cut a premix even shorter.

Laura-Your company does a lot of volunteer work, that's so awesome!

gotta run...

Fit_mimmy-After further reading I don't think I will be doing it as I haven't found anyone to be successful on it!! Only about the calories being too low. And web md talked about it as the "Baby Food" diet and it isn't called that on TA's website but on alternate weeks you are blending or pureeing most of your food. Even on review a girl talked about blacking out in it!! She had it reviewed by a dietitian and said it was only 700 calories a day! So I've been trying to find the t25 diet online for free. But I haven't found much past the first week. But I didi find all of P90X a few months ago online. So I was hoping to find this one too.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm starting to freak out about my weight! I'm down a little to 166.4 but that still awful! I'm going to look back at the clean eating books I have out from the library by tosco and may try to do cooler plan 2 or the family plan or some combo. I really feel I do better with a plan and then modify on the fly rather than do the whole thing in the fly.

On a good note, I got up yesterday early and did the "first part" timesaver of Supercuts about 28 min. Those sit outs and mountain climber burpees are killer! I've had mild DOMS (that means soreness right??) all week which is no because I'm not dying but I know something is working! :) today is technically a rest day or yoga but I did do 6 days in a row and all the workouts were less than 30 min I think. So maybe I'll do something.

But we have another busy day today with church, whole foods, now we are are my dad's to help him with furniture outside and opening the pool. And I will still need to plan school when I get home but we have a shortened week so that helps!

Back to report BR Day 2 (Legs), and Meta Omni 1-10 is done. I wish she would talk or count, it's hard to know when she's moved on to the next move when you're not looking at her. I can say that today went better than yesterday. I got through all the lower body work. Not as many reps as she did, but I managed my way to complete it. I haven't even looked at the cardio disc yet. From the sounds of it, it is choreographically challenging...meaning it may not be for me anyway.

LL-DOMs=Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness! Losing weight is so hard. I'm right there with you. My weight has been about the same for the last 4 months. I do best eating a protein and steamed veggies. Many days I have salad for lunch with a can of tuna or chicken. Most breakfasts are 2/3rds C oatmeal (not cooked), 1 scoop protein powder, tbs of either flax/chia/hemp, cinnamon, 1 C fruit and 1 C unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk. Other options are baked eggs/egg whites/veggies in a muffin tin. I freeze them and take them to work and heat them up. My problem is afternoon snacking which I've been having a green smoothie for lately-the april smoothie challenge. I saw a recipe on FB for Energy Bites, oatmeal, pb, honey. They were delicious...but hard to limit how many I ate.

Wendy-you should be so proud of me!!!

Yesterday I only did Omni as it's all I had time for. This morning I did Omni minus the arms + 1/2 of CVX because again, it's all I had time for. :(

Technically today was supposed to be yoga, not CVX but getting up at dawn to do yoga just doesn't sit right with me so I will do it tmrw evening instead. :p

So I watched an ad for P90X2 that was on one of the P90X3 discs I did over the last couple of days and YES, now I want that one too! :rolleyes:

BBL...I think I need a nap. :rolleyes:

MON - eeek

this weekend FLEW by .. yikes!! spent entire weekend w/DN and DM .. wow we had a great time .. that kid is the BEST!!! Just a fun family weekend!!! I stayed up into wee hours both night waiting on DH .. so we could have some time to catch up .. soooo I am POOPED!

Ok .. I did have a few hours out by the pool - so yes - the first bathing suit reveal of the season :confused: :eek::eek: EXTREME FAIL :mad::mad::mad: .. looked sorta like this image:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254621_10152133666313677_1800129971_n.jpg

SOOOOOOO ... yes - I went to CC at lunch - did one of MY heavy weight fully body workouts - and will be doing some sort of cardio and core tonight .. maybe one of MY own things again .. or T25 or P90X3 and MY core ???

Wendy - I didnt like the P90x2 that much .. it was too busy .... and not worth it to me! if you get another workout .. get T25 ... it is MUCH better!!

LL - diet - aaahhhhhh -sounds like you have a sweet tooth .. I would cut that out first .. or cut it down .. sugar is addictive and will kill any good nutrition plan!! sugar and processed foods are the 2 biggies to avoid first ..then work on eliminating the white goods (flours - white rice - etc)
Lori - I saw the pic on FB .. leg day .. and doughnuts .. LOLOLOLOL.. that is funny!!

Di - yes our company does a lot of community and charity work - :) - we have all kinds of projects from environmental to cancer to adult reading - education - to feeding the hungry - to educating about power and safety .. I could go on and on .. it is soemthing we are very proud of.

OK .. better run .. have a great day!!!

Hi Ladies,

This morning I tackled BR Day 3. My legs are so sore from the combination of yesterdays 5k, BR Legs, and Omni.

Wendy-I have p90x2 and would be happy to sell it to you if you are interested. I'm sure I never even got through all the discs. You can pm me either here or FB if you are interested. I don't know why I succumbed to TA Meta. it really isn't up my alley, but it's only 30 minutes, and my bum is killing me. Are you doing the cardio or not? I haven't even looked at it.

Laura-glad you had fun family weekend! We have a lot of volunteer opportunities through work, but most of the time we have to use our own vacation time to participate in it. :( I didn't click on your link, but I'm sure you look great.

Off to the post office to mail the girls' Easter stuff, then to get the plates for the jeep.

bbl

Quick check in as I need to go to sleep. I was up until 1:20 last night!

I just finished CLB premix timesaver #1 rounds 1-6. I thought I was going to die in the first couple of rounds but when it jumped into the cool down, I felt like I could have done more if it wasn't 10:30 at night!

I think PUB is up for tomorrow.

Poochy- yes! I have a sweet tooth! I really cut out almost all "whites" except for a little flour. I use ww pasta (but I don't eat it much anymore), brown rice, quinoa, barely. Even when I make chocolate chip cookies, I use white whole wheat flour. Of course if I use a box, Ghiradelli is my fave, then it's white.

Today was:
banana and blueberries for breakfast
Lunch: spinach salad with carrots, dukes, chicken breast and strawberry banana water smoothie
snack: banana and home made granola
Dinner:green salad w/ homemade dressing, asparagus with olive oil and steak marinated in broth, spices and a little olive oil

Off to bed!

Hi Ladies,

I'm hitting BR Day 4, ab focused and have tri training tonight. It may be a tad cold to run outside so I may be on the track or dreadmill.

I invited one of the gals from my weight watchers checkin (it fell apart), to join us here. Not sure if she'll take me up on it, but her name is Tina. Perhaps she'll pop in soon.

I may cancel my WW membership. No loss in 4 months, well lets just say it makes it hard to justify the monthly cost. I do believe in their eating program though as it really teaches you how to eat better. It's just not as effective during tri training, nor for someone who works out all the time. Perhaps picking it back up in September after my tri's are over.

LL-CLB is one of my favorites. BR challenges are set up similarly, high intensity cardio followed by weight work. It's done wonders for me! Your food looks good yesterday. I would suggest adding a protein/fat to your breakfast. Perhaps drizzle a little almond butter on your banana etc.

Hi Wendy, Laura, Lori. bbl to see what everyone is up to.

TUE

Morning Ladies ..

well - I had anotehr stressfull afternoon - opted for Cathe X10 HiiT after work - did hi-lo and fatburner .. after the heavy weight stuff at lunch it was tuff w/all the weight work in the fatburner and squats and lunges .. I forgot about taht .. but it was a goodie! TODAY - will be AB after work .. have errands at lunch

Di - no i didnt post a picture of me - I would never subject ya'll to that :eek: :confused: :eek: - it was picture of orangutang looking down at his huge pot belly .. LOLOLOL .. that is what I felt like!!

LL: your food looks good - I am w/Di think you need to add some protein - looks pretty low cal to me ..

Wendy - whats on tap for today???

OK .. about to go to lunch - our temps went from 80 ystdy - and now we are under FREEZE WARNING for tonight :eek: :confused: ONLY IN ALABAMA .. our wind is howling 30 - 35 mph and to drop down below freezing tonight .. aaahhhhh .. all our blooms are going to be killed .. I am sure most people have their plants our .. maybe this is the LAST cold blast tho!!

have a good one!

No work out for me this morning but TAM Omni 11-20 and P90X3 Yoga is
on deck for later!:)

Di:: I've done the Meta Cardio. It's tons of hopping that's brutal on the calves if they aren't used to it. Had me huffing n puffing away n sweating like a beast! Awesome steady state cardio work out if you don't mind the moves. It can be hard to follow but I enjoyed it. Haven't done it lately though and since I'm not planning on doing it several times in a row to get my calves used to it again, I have no immediate plans to revisit it...

LL:: Nice job getting CLB done that late at night! :D

Laura:: Sorry you had a traumatic first bathing suit experience but take with it a grain of salt as we are always our own worst critic so you probably saw yourself looking faaar more like that ape in the link you posted then your dh did! ;):p:D

Hi Ladies,

I slept like a baby last night. Running/swimming just took it out of me. This morning BR w/o is a short one so I should be able to add TA Omni 1-10 on to it. My weigh in is today, not sure what that will bring. I missed it last week due to the funeral.

I got to talk to the girls last night. They are so awesome! I can't wait to see them this summer. Amanda's sister posted a couple pics on FB so I may try to share them.

Wendy-sounds like I should at least preview the cardio. Insanity was brutal on my calves for the first week or so.

Laura-yeah, so I finally clicked on that link, never in a million years. Swimsuits are no fun at all...UGH ITA w/Wendy, we are our own worse critics. I know all about the temp swings, we were in the 70's on Sat and it snowed on Sunday. It's nice today, but supposed to snow tomorrow. The huge temp swings are wreaking havoc with my skin & hair.

LL-I'm sure the kiddos are keeping you super busy. I meant to tell you I love the nicknames of the boys!

Lori Lori-pop in when you can. Awesome pic of you and Dave on FB! How's your comp training going? How tough is the diet?

bbl

WED

Morning Ladies -

getting in here early - b/c ystdy went to h#ll in a handbasket fast! Man I thought I was going to explode by days end - I had to go to bathroom and do some deep breathing - then fight off tears - then exercised till exhaustion - then more tears - then think I was more in a state of zombiefied exhausted shock the rest of the night :confused: :(:( yes RUFF day! (mainly personal BS) I did Cathe AB - and to my surprise I am not sore - well not yet anyway .. I was sore in my butt and legs and shoulders from MON workout ystdy .. but today just a bit into my shoulders and traps maybe core is twingy!

Di - yup your weather sounds like ours - it was 34 this morning .. that was a drop from 80 degrees .. ridiculous - to get up to 65 today then back down to around 40 tonight - now that you mention it .. my skin is terrible .. DRY .. I have been coating on the lotion .. and it is STILL dry .. have not thought the change in weather pattern may be doing it .. but ya .. you are right! I looked at TA cardio - ummmmmmm - that isnt for me .. I couldnt even watch the whole 3 minute clip .. My SIL didnt like it either - she likes the other workouts tho!

Wendy - yes .. DH of course re-assures me I dont look as bad as I make it out to be .. says I look fine .. but I KNOW I am NOT where I NEED or WANT to be .. yikes!!

Lori - loved the FB pic .. kiddos cheeks are soooo flushed .. looks SOOO COLD!!! great pic tho!!! how is training going???

LL - if you have the P90x nutrition guide - that is a good guide to go by as far as a nutrition plan to follow!

OK .. better run .. I ordered a "stress reduction/meditation" tape .. hoping that is going to help me unwind some .. I gotta find something to help .. thinking the ominous blood moon thing did NOT help at all ... ugh!!

have a great one!

Good Afternoon. :)

No work out last night after all. :( It was for good reason though! I went on an interview for a training position at a gym and I am taking it!:D Just have some details to work out first!

I have challenged myself to do 10 minute AMRAPS of pushing and pulling exercises every day for a few weeks in order to prepare for my Spartan Race at the end of May. I have a couple of Cathletes from the FB Challenge group I post in joining me. We started this morning with.....

A 10 minute AMRAP of push ups and pull ups (inverted rows as a sub for pull ups here!). 10 reps of each. As many rounds as possible in ten minutes. YIKES! :eek: I followed that up with the lower body portion of TAM Ab 21-30 and 20 minutes of X3 Agility X. :)

Laura:: (((HUGS))) So sorry you had such a rough day y'day. I feel your pain. Lately it's been rough for me as well. Very stressful times right now! Hope things improve for you soon!

Di:: Aww glad you got to talk to your girlies. <3 Definitely give TA cardio a look-see. If you don't want to give it a go, it's no biggie. You surely have other options! ;) Good luck on your weigh in! Mine is every Friday. It's been slow going after the initial first few weeks but I'm not giving up! I feel better & I look better so I must be doing something right!:)

Hi! Just finished 48 min of PUB, no time for abs and stretch as JTrain(12yo) and B (7yo) did it with me. I did the same wts as Cathe, JTrain did about 1/4th and B did less than that. It was fun to have them workout with me! JTrain is interested in doing it again. Tomorrow is BootCamp which I don't have. I may do BootCamp from 4Day as it is only 30 min. Or maybe some 30 min premix from TTM or CF. When I searched under BootCamp on Cathe!s website or drill max or BM2 but the prefixes are too long.

Oh! I went to my WW meeting last night and I'm down 1.2! Hopefully I can keep that up!

Poochy- I don't have the P90X nutrition plan, I just found it online months ago. I'm not even sure I could find it again. All I remember it a lot of egg whites! I can do like 1egg to 2 egg whites, but prefer 2 yolks to 1 egg! But I normally just eat the whole egg 1-3 at a sitting is plenty.i don't remember thinking it was doable. But I'll try to searching again and try it. I am often on eatingwell.com and like their plans as well, but I don't like to do fat free otrlow fat dairy. In fact I don't like much dairy past cheese and the occasionally sour cream or ricotta cheese (but in a dish not straight). I like ice cream but I don't feel like that counts because of all the sugar and the issue of over eating it. Unless I make my own with raw full fat milk with maple syrup. I've thought about making it with whole yogurt, but I just haven't.

Technically we are off tomorrow but B hasn't been doing his work diligently so in the morning, hopefully after BootCamp and a shower, I'll be working on the 3 Rs with him. :)

This morning's workout was....

Push Pull Challenge:: 10 mins of 10 reps of each of the following: split stance shoulder press R w/17.5#, Lawnmower R w/25#, repeat both on L(this is one complete round...I did 4 rounds in 10 mins).

Then I did TAM Ab 31-40 in full.

:eek::D:eek::D

X3 is on tap for tmrw!

Last edited:
THURS

Morning Ladies ..

ysty was another VERY RUFF emotionally challenging day for me - :( - had to do some more deep breathing stuff - and I went to CC at lunch and did hard heavy weight workout - it was TUFF - then after work I did ZWOW #38 Sweat Shred - I tell you .. Zuzka knows how to get in there and make you gasp for air .. my legs were on fire from lunch workout - Zuzka did jumping lunges into a burpee ... EEEEOUCH ... it was short .. but TUFF .. and EFFECTIVE .. I found ZWOW 100 - zuzkalight - OMG .. check that one out . I dont even think I am capable of doing it (but you know I am going to attemp it)

LL - I am not much on eggs (but when i eat them I only eat the whites) ..and I am not much on dairy .. or bread ... I am the meat/protien girl and luv my veggies and fruit.. my vices are the bad junk stuff like potato chips or fries or cheese!! and of course w/my stress level the way it is my alcohol consumption is up and I dont see that changing any!! :confused:

Wendy - great workout as usual!! sooooo on the PT job .. will it be full time and you quit your current job .. or is this in addition to your current job????

Di and Lori - what is on agenda?

Well - today is total rest day - I have errands at lunch - then I have this Leadership class I have been in all year - graduation ceremony is tonight .. so will go home get DH and come back for it ... I was reluctant to do this class .. but it has been very rewarding .. and have met some great people and made some great friends along the way! OK .. have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.