Damage Control 2019

I've been doing BR w/o's lately, trying to finish up the 21 day challenge they have. I only have 3 more w/o's to finish up that challenge. I haven't done any of the new LITE w/o's yet. PHA2 is getting awesome reviews. I may try that one later this week. I'm taking stuff to the salvation army either today or tomorrow. I have a bunch of books, VHS tapes and DVD's that I'm taking to used book store who will buy them. It will be nice to get a few bucks coming in. I also hope sell some stuff on Facebook marketplace in. I've been wanting DH to do this but he has not. I'm growing tired of him not contributing to the household. To have 2 stairs changed from the laminate to hardwood is $900 from the flooring company who did our floors. We had another guy come to give an estimate on the 2 stairs plus the tub to shower conversion in the master. Hopefully it will be something more affordable than our previous estimates. We should get the estimates later today or tomorrow. On the WW front, I'm up what I lost the previous week. I honestly think it is hormonal. I'm really struggling with menopause. Some days I just want to cry about. Enough complaining, time to get my workout on!

It sounds like your new job is busy and challenging. PHA2 seems to be a fan favorite. The BR w/o's are mostly metabolic circuits of cardio and weights. Some of them are very challenging and I have to modify, but do the best I can. Do you know what your days/hours will be going forward? Enjoy your weekend!

This morning I did 2 BR w/o's. One was 45 min cardio/ab circuit, the other was a 55 min full body weight w/o. The weight w/o was so hard, glad it's behind me. It was really tough. I'm moving on to laundry and dropping stuff at the salvation army.

How is your weekend going? Are you working?

Hi. No, I am now off weekends! Yesterday was soccer, pool, and cards with my parents. Today I meal prepped some soup, granola, and waffles for DS1. I tried the new Metabolic workout. It was quite fun! We got over a foot of snow so I'm not driving tomorrow to my orientation. I'll still go on Tuesday and just come back the same day. It's too bad, I had a sweet set up at the B&B.

It sounds like you had a very productive weekend! Good job with the tough workouts and getting the house in shape. I'm off to take a shower and try to get some sleep. I'm finding that I sleep better if the house is 58 degrees and I've had a shower. I only woke up once last night.

Beth

I did Cardio Party today. It was fun, not very intense. I got a lot of steps in doing it:)... I'm a bit sad that the cardio calorie crushes are higher impact. I thought the series would be all low impact. Oh well. All my dvd's are working ok so I'm glad about that.

What are you up to? How is your week?

Beth

I'm having a very busy work week riddled with issues. I had an early meeting today and another one tomorrow. I did get in a workout today at lunch. I finished up the BR 21 Day challenge. DH is finally on board with cleaning the basement, de-cluttering and selling a few things. We can't manage forever on just my income. He's been off work for 5 months and it's time for him to get a job. It's stressing me out. I am going to visit my granddaughters the first weekend of February for 4 days. It will be a nice break for me. My retainer broke and it looks my orthodontist sold his business. I ended up going to the orthodontist we used for my son. I called on Monday, they got me in on Tuesday, and my retainer will be ready to pick up next Tuesday.

How is the new job going? Are you done with training?

Yeah! Going to see your girls will be so much fun! I agree that your husband should try to find a job-he's too young to be retired! How is his stress? Is he glad he left work and feeling better? You are working like mad lately. I hope it slows down sometime.

My new job is going pretty good. I really like it. I'm still learning the ropes, but it seems like they will give me enough time. I now have a provider that I'll mainly work for. She is very nice and great to work with. I will train until I feel comfortable. There is so much!

I took last night off and due to "flex" time, was able to leave 2.5 hours early today (from training Tuesday). So, I went to the pool and had it all to myself. It was glorious. I'm on my way to get my hair trimmed now.

Dan and I are going to Montreal next week Monday-Friday. We had it planned before I got hired. I'm excited!

After I get back I'm going to try to come up with a schedule. I might get up at 6 to work out for 45 minutes and then go to work at 8. It's just so late when I get home and then we're eating dinner at 7 PM.

Beth

No workout to report for today. I didn't sleep well and had a meeting scheduled. Well the meeting was cancelled 5 minutes before it was supposed to start. I didn't have the energy or the time to workout today. I have a Dr. apt tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get something for my hot flashes, insomnia, irritability and weight gain. DH's stress level he's great, I'm the one stressing out. We will run out of savings if he doesn't go back to work soon. It's so irritating. He is looking, but only for state jobs which is really limiting. He may have to take a non state job for now. He's always telling the kids that its easier to find a job when you have a job.

Getting up early for exercise has been my mainstay for many years. The kids had activities and such after school and in the evenings. I use to have to get up at 5am when I had a long commute. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Enjoy your vacation to Montreal. I've been there before many years ago for a work conference. They have an underground mall, you'll have to check it out. It's beautiful.

No workout today either. It's been awhile since I had 2 rest days in a row. The dr. did prescribe an estrogen patch, the lowest dose. I have a follow up in 1 month. If this isn't working she can increase the dosage. She said it should help with the weight gain, sleep issues and irritability. Wish me luck!

Hope you have a wonderful time on vacation!

Hi!

We ended up cancelling the Canada trip yesterday and booked a plane trip and motel in Miami! It's snowing out here now, so we figured warmer temps for a few days would be much nicer! I have to go pack...we are flying out of Philly.

Have a great week and I hope you get some sleep!

Beth

We were supposed to get 0-2" of snow and ended up with 7". So many car accidents, a light rail train derailed. It was pretty bad.

Monday-BR w/o, my legs are so sore from my leg w/o on Saturday
Tuesday-X10, 53 min premix
Wednesday-short BR kettle bell w/o
Thursday-BR w/o
Friday-heading to see my girls!

I booked our Nova Scotia trip for August for me, my SIL and MIL. It costs more than our trip to Ireland. At least I have a fun vacation to look forward. Although waiting until August for time off is pretty difficult. DH and I are going to review our spending and see where we can save. I'm thinking the housecleaning is ending. With the carpet gone, it's so much easier to keep the floors clean.

Enjoy your warm weather vacation!!

Last edited:
Heading out to see my girls. It is cold and rainy there so I don't think I will get in much activity this trip. When I get back I'm going to start either RWH or STS weight training. My knee has been really hurting and I may need to see the dr. to find out what it is. DH and the boys cleaned up the basement, well it was a good start anyway. I can now use my elliptical which is nice since that doesn't seem to hurt my knee.

bbl

Hello,

I hope you have a great trip. Ours was quite an event. Our plane was delayed 18 hours in Philadelphia-they gave us a night in a hotel, but our vacation was cut short since we didn't get to Miami and the hotel until 4PM on Monday. Tuesday we explored Miami beach and ate at a Cuban restaurant. It was really good, not too spice and I had a grapefruit mojito to go with it :). Wednesday we walked around the Miami design district and enjoyed the hotel's offerings. Both days we worked out in the gym-I finally got to try a treadclimber and got a great workout on it. Wednesday I just did the elliptical. The trip home was seamless anyway. It's only 11 degrees here today-it was 68 in Miami. It was nice not having to wear a coat!

Last night my throat got scratchy so I think I'm getting a cold. I am planning on going to the pool today and taking it easy. Hopefully I can do a total body weight tomorrow.

TTYS!

Beth

How was your trip? This weekend I got reorganized for work, worked out, went to a super bowl party, and tried to sleep! I did the pool Friday, Sat. was core and lower body (did great glutes), Sun. I did Ramped Up Upper Body the double back and chest premix and this morning I did Cardio slam with modifications just the floor and mat sections. I like having my workout done in the AM for sure. I got up at 5:45 and it was perfect.

I must have had too much salt last night between the margarita's and the food because I was up 2 lbs. this morning! I IF'd until lunch and did not snack at all (or drink any water at work I was busy!) Hopefully I'll be down tomorrow. I fought off my cold and it's 50 degrees here today!

I'm doing Strong and Sweaty this week-have decided to pick a series a week and just find workouts from them. Tomorrow I plan on Peripheral Heart Training from that series before work. Wed. is pool, Thursday is cardio, and Friday is free or off. Sat. and Sun. I've decided to do weights. I'm logging again and feeling like I'm going to be able to stick to a schedule now that trainings are behind me (at least until 2/18)!

What are you planning?

Beth

I had a wonderful visit with my girls. I stayed with their great grandma and she was happy to have me. Her husband passed last year on Valentines day from cancer. She does keep busy with church and volunteering, but she did say she is lonely at times. I wish I could've stayed longer. DS1 and I are looking into possibly having them for spring break. We'll have to see what the money situation is the.

I joined Chuze fitness and will be checking out their facility later this week or weekend. I'm going to see if DH will join too. It's $22 per month and they have a pool. I'm guessing it probably doesn't get used as much as the pool at the rec center. I picked up a fitness magazine at the airport to read on the plane. It stressed the importance of weight training for women my age. I do get a lot a lifting in with BR and the circuits. I'd like to do STS or RWH weights. A structured weight program with heavy weights. My knee is not getting any better. I didn't do anything the last 5 days and it is still hurting.

Not sure if I mentioned that I got the patch to help with all my menopause symptoms. It is finally starting to help a bit. I have the lowest dose and may need to go up a bit to get the real benefit. I'm hopeful this will help a little with getting this weight off. I'm up 7lbs from last summer. It didn't come on all at once, it was gradual and I haven't been able to lose it.

Happy Hump Day!

Speaking of the pool, that's what I did today after work. I agree with you on weight training. I can't go too heavy, but just do what I can. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp premix of "all but the cardio". It's about 38 minutes and with no cardio will be metabolic(I think). I previewed it the other day and it looks doable. I am loving my schedule! I still get up at 5:45 every day, but today I just did my PT so it wasn't as bad as trying to fit it in around a workout after work. Job is going as well as can be expected. There's a lot of computer work.

Sounds like you need to see a doctor about your knee. At least the patch is helping and maybe you'll finally get some sleep! The rec center sounds great. Glad you had a good trip. Now it's back to reality....for both of us!

Beth

It's been so stressful at work this week. This morning I did a BR w/o and at lunch I did STS D1-CSB. I forgot about all the push ups-oh my. The BR w/o was good one. It was 1 min of skipping, 1 min of swings, 3 minutes of a weight move, and 2 minutes of abs for 6 rounds. My polar A300 has not been working well for the last month. It won't hold a charge and one of the buttons intermittently works. I could get a newer model, but they don't use the chest strap. I use my fitbit also, but it way over estimates the calories burned. I prefer using mainly for steps, but it also syncs with my WW app.

I was finally able to book the trip to Nova Scotia. We are going in August. I have another week off in September to go to our Condo. I'm also going to plan something for the week after Christmas. I have that week off and would like to go somewhere sunny and warm!

I went to WW this morning and was only up 1lb. I'm pretty happy about that considering I haven't been to a meeting in 2 weeks and I spent a long weekend away from home. No workout to report either. I went to breakfast with a friend and came home and started on laundry. I picked up a new comforter for the girls' bed at kohl's and used my $100 gift card, 30% off, plus $10 off the comforter. Now I'm busy going through coupons and getting the grocery list together.

What are you up to this weekend?

My weekend has been full of meal prepping and watching soccer. Played cards last night and plan to walk today with a friend (if the wind dies down). Yesterday I did TBGS-double upper body and the bonus abs. I slept in today and might try to do TBGS legs before my walk. I don't know how heavy I want to lift though so might just walk.

You are going down in weight-I am on the upswing! I was once again up two pounds today and hope it was the salty mix we had during cards. I'm going to try to eat "clean" today. It's been super hard drinking enough water when it's cold and at work when I have no down time. My jeans are tight again, so I know it's there.

I think I'm going to do another week of Strong and Sweaty before changing series. It was fun last week and I feel like I should use the series a bit!

Beth

Today I did Cardio Slam and abs at lunch and STS D2-B&T tonight. I've been doing circuits for a long time so I'm going to change it up for a bit. I'm going to do cardio only and weights only for a bit. This method works well with STS. My knee is bad, so I can't do too much jumping and stepping is out of the question right now. I've been icing and using my knee brace. I can always just use my elliptical for cardio if it comes to that. My weight has not gone down yet. Still 7lbs over where I was last summer. It's supposed to be 50 tomorrow. I hope it is so I can get outside. It has been so cold lately.

Great job with meal prepping! That worked well for me when I was working in the office. I'm having trouble getting in my water too. This cold weather doesn't help at all. I had ginger tonic water this morning and it was nice on this cold day.

I am driving myself crazy with all the shoulds in my life...I should drink x amount of water every day, I should work out effectively, I should read some every day for book club, I should eat as clean as possible, I should sleep x number of hours a night, etc., etc. etc. The bottom line is I'm sick of all the shoulds and it's making me exhausted.

So, I slept in today! Already I feel a little better. I do not know what my plan is anymore. Maybe I'm just stressed out about everything. My muscles were all still sore from the weekend so I did not get up today to do PHA. I might do the Revved up Upper Body tonight after work...If I feel like! Anyway...this is where I'm at right now. Hope it's not too much of a downer. Please take care of yourself! I hope your knee is ok. Wish we could just have a cup of tea together sometime and talk in real life....

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.