Daily Check-In - Tuesday, June 28, 2005

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Wow. How is it possible that I'm first?

Well, I'm at home today because DD is sick. Everyone else is asleep in bed, so I went out for a 4 mile run at 6:30 to make up for the fact that I did nothing but eat yesterday. Tonight I will do ME as scheduled.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning ladies!

Great run, Shelley! I'm just getting moving this morning since Aiden got up later. The pool wiped him out yesterday, but it was so much fun! It was his first time :)

Today I have IM3 & ME on tap. I'm super excited b/c I have PUB/PLB & Hardcore Extreme coming to me in the mail. Woo woo! Only Catheites would get crazy excited like this...

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Good Morning Fit Women,

Yesterday was KPC and Core Max 1. Feeling the DOMS in my inner thighs this morning.
Today will be Tri's/Bi's and Shoulders from Legs and Shoulders. Not sure what cardio to do. Someone suggestions, please?

Shelley,

You got some good workouts going. Smart you got your run in already as it will be very hot here today as I am sure it is hot just about everywhere.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning Everyone!

Yes, Shelly, it seems we are all a little slower getting started this morning! Sorry you have a sick one at home. :(

I just did Cardio Kicks for the first time. I'm not a kickbox fan, but found I really enjoyed the drill part of it. I didn't exactly feel like it was a major cardio workout though. Has anyone ever used the drills from CK and put them with step from another workout for more/better cardio?? Any suggestions??

Another hot, humid day here......maybe storms later too. Can't complain cuz we need the rain.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!:)

Gooood morning,

Beautiful day today. Did a 5K run this morning plus GS-back.

Have a wonderful day and a great workout.

Dutchie :)

Good Morning Fit Ladies,

I just did Imax2, and that is all I have to do this morning, I have to take my son to take his driving test at the MVA and later back to work.

Shelley, I hope your daughter gets better.

Charlotte, welcome back.

I wish everyone of you fabulous ladies an awesome day!

Good morning all of you fit ladies....

Yesterday was rest day, but I got in CM#2. I did just about all the knee roll-ins!! Yes I did!! I was so proud. I substitute the plain knee roll-ins for the side-to-side ones because I can't do that now. It is all I can do to balance and go straight out right now. Forget the pikes.... that will be something I'll work up to gradually. (if ever)!!

Today is IMAX3 (the first time, I've done segments of it on the HCXtreme and I liked those. Also CM#3 or one of the premixes on CM -I like Balanced Core as I need to work on my balance.

Shelley - I hope your daughter feels better soon. Bless her heart.

Boybert - IMAX3 and ME in one day!!??

Becky - it is raining here too in NC but we need it desperately so not complaining. The storms that rolled through here last evening were terrible. It looked like a hurricaine. The winds were blowing so hard, they were whistling around my house. The lightning was awful.

Dutchie - so glad you got back on track with you w/o's. Hope you enjoyed your downtime yesterday.

Charlotte - nice to have you back. Do you have any of the IMAX's, how about one of those for cardio?

All of you have a great day. I am off today. Have a hair appointment but other than that, just going to relax. I worked all weekend and am in serious need of downtime myself.

Morning Everyone,

Today will be PUB and a run.

Welcome back Charlotte!

Becky, I have tacked on the CK Drills onto almost all of my kickboxing workouts. The one I like the best is CTX Kickbox cardio & drills, CK Drills, and KM Leg Cond Drills.

Jane, I never thought I would be able to do pikes on the ball. Surprised myself, when my butt actually when into the air one day! :D

Have a great day!

Laurie Mac

Good morning ladies....

great workouts....

Shelley....a 4 mile run at 6:30?...way to go!! Hope your DD feels better soon.

Becky...I've only done CK twice. I liked it but KPC is still my fav of Cathes. I imagine you add something on for more cardio. A-Jock most likely has some mish-mosh...Sandra I bet will have a good suggestion..:)

Welcome back Charlotte...we missed ya!! How about Lowmax or maybe one of the tough Imaxes!!

yes Jane...all that ball balancing in Coremax can be tough. You really can work up to the pikes, just takes practice. hey, I have a hair appt too. Highlight time...:)

I am doing my freestyle legwork, abs, a 4 mile run and shoulders, bi's and tri's maybe from PUB. Hot and muggy here today. 93 for the high or so they say....

Have a great day...:)...Carole

Good morning all!

This morning was Step Blast. I'm feeling a little DOMSy (that's my newly invented word) from Bootcamp yesterday. Weird because I have never gotten DOMS from Bootcamp before, but maybe I just worked harder this time.

Shelley, I hope Sophie feels better soon!

Good morning everybody. Today is YOGA P90X.Shelley I hope your DD will feel better soon.Boybert enjoy your new workouts.Becky I love to mix KPC with tht power drills of CK. You can do KPC and the KM blast challenge too.Dutchie I like the picture of the dog.Charlotte here is a hot weather too, welcome back.Logos you are a super woman , you are doing P90X like me and the workouts are hard,Jane we are in the same boat I can't do the pikes too.Laurie Mac great workout, Carole as always your workout is amazing. I still waiting an ansewr of Beachbody.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and TAEBO junkie. :) :)

Good Morning!

Today was Cardio Kicks. I like this w/o. I pretend I am training for a fight with all the punches and kicks. I know I am goofy!!:p This evening I want to go for a run because I didn't get to go last night. My kids stayed the night at my mom's. They told me to wait on them. They like to ride their bikes with me. I could have went 2 days in a row, but I gave myself a manicure and pedicure instead.

Have a great day!!

Shelley - hope Sophie feels better today.

Good to see you back, Charlotte! We missed you!

This morning I increased my running time 30 more seconds so now I'm up to 6 minutes. I only did 4 intervals of 6-1-6-2-6-1-7 instead of 5 because the air is so bad today. Going to be in the 90's again. Tonight will be lower body (GS Legs?) and maybe upper body if I can fit it all in!

Have a great (and cool) day everyone!

Angie

Good Morning Cathe-ites!

I have DOMS from yesterday's Max. Intensity Strength work out!:)

I am nixxing my morning work out so that I can get a move on today. I have a couple of places to go and would like to do it this morning so the work out is being put off until later in the day...cardio for sure. Don't know exactly what though.

Went out last night and purchased 15 pound dumbells. I want 12's too but I will get them another time. Can't wait to try the dumbells with some leg work tomorrow!

Have a great day ladies!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Good morning,

Great workouts today gang!

Shelley - I also hope your daughter gets better soon. I know you feel just as bad as she does.

Today was MM, kicks my bootie every time!:)

Have a great day!

Hi everyone,

I did a new workout today called Kick Box Boot Camp with Kimberly Spreen. It was a pretty good workout, I was sweating bullets by the end. She incorporates the step into kickboxing and some hand weights and use of a body bar. The step is used vertically in front of you instead of horizontal so you don't need as much space to do the workout. :D And since we are renovating space is a factor right now for me. Some of her moves were a little tricky and I will have to work on them but the tape was very doable and her cueing is good:7 .

Hope you all have a great day!!:D :)

Hey ladies! i missed reporting everyday and reading about all of you inspiring workouts!!! ya'll rock!!!

Today is my first day back at exercising in over a week!!!! I can't wait! i have been going over my workouts to see which one i just can't wait another day to do and i think it is going to have to be HSC and the step only of Lowmax. Then, a Coremax segment cause i have only gotted to do the no equipment one.

Today is going to be so busy! i have to take Bella to the groomer, go to the store, catch up on all the paperwork that is p[iled on my desk and looking quite ominious!x( and payroll!:( Plus i need to do some errands. Good think Bella loves to ride in the car.

I better get moving huh?! ttyl! hope you all have a great day!

jes:7

Hi everyone,

I dragged my saggy bottom out of bed this morning and did KPC Premix #4 (intermediate drills and combos 1&2), and PUB (no core).

Shelley - yum, a pancake breakfast! I may have to find one of those this year. The city has lots of stuff going on, but I hate crowds, so I'm a real party pooper about going to this kind of stuff. For the sake of my daughter, I should make an effort. x( Your day yesterday was just awful!!!! I don't blame you for taking a rest day. I hope Sophie feels better really soon (and that you don't pick up the bug, too!).

Katie - so will you be doing BC again anytime soon? I remember you saying that you dread that workout. I enjoy SB more on the 6 inch step than the 8 inch because some of the footwork is so fast and tricky that I feel I can execute them better. My legs are on the shorter side, though.

Wendy - excellent job on MIS!! That's my least favourite of her weight workouts; I rarely do it. It's definitely effective though! Did you like it? Have you tried Power Hour yet? My busy day consisted of a prenatal appointment in the morning, and a long work meeting in the afternoon. So I guess you could say it was a "good busy". :)

Connie - good to see you back! I was wondering what happened to you last week. You're a very good friend; she's very lucky to have you. Enjoy your workout!

Charlotte - great job on your vacation! I'm impressed that your healthy lifestyle is actually rubbing off on your family. My family just thinks I'm nuts. Great to have you back!

Becky - the drills on Cardio Kicks is my favourite part of the workout, too. The 25min cardio part is my least favourite of all of her kickboxing workouts, but I still don't mind it all that much. I just have to be in the mood for all that hi/lo impact. It's one of those workouts where the more often I do it, the more I like it. Do you have the CTX series? Tacking the drills on after the cardio on any of those workouts would work very well.

Jane - excellent work on the roll-ins! And you're doing really, really well with the caffiene withdrawl. It's tough! Keep in mind that the fatigue and withdrawl symptoms are only temporary. Tolerate it for a few days, and one morning you will wake up and actually feel normal again. The way addiction works is that the caffiene in your system cues your brain to make *less* of certain hormones/endorphins that you need to feel good. When you stop intaking caffiene, it takes a few days for your brain to realize that it needs to start to making more of these endorphins again. That's the really nasty withdrawl period. But soon your body will adjust back to it's normal levels, and you'll feel fine again.

Everyone did some great workouts today. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Jes! Great to see you post! Welcome back! I read your trip details and saw the pics. They're awesome. You had an amazing time, I gather!

I missed your posts. Talk to you soon,
Sandra

Hi Everyone! Another hot day in Denver and frankly I am sick of the heat. This from a person who last summer laid out in the sun everyday and turned very dark! Too dark. I decided this year I would not ruin my skin after years of doing it.

Shelley-Poor Sophie:( I hope she feels better soon.

Becky- I am not a big fan of kickbox workouts. Ii just feel like I don't get enough cardio evern when I give it my all.

Wendy- I wound up doing MIS myself yesterday and I have to report that I did all the pushups on my toes! I was thrilled and proud of myself:)

Charlotte-nice to have you back!

Dutchie-nice to see you get your run in today. I read over the last few days where you had things come up that you couldn't do it. I bet you feel great!

Today I plan a run on the treadmill, plb,and abs. I split this up through out the day. I am still looking for a good abs/core workout dvd if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Enjoy your workouts ladies!

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.