Daily Check-In - Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Morning all. This morning I got up extra early and did PUB followed by cardio from All Step. I have been slacking on my weight training because I don't want to give up my cardio in the morning in order to do it, so I figured this way I could get them both done and not feel guilty.:)

Shelley - Great run! I wish I could get to 4 miles.

Boybert - That is some workout you have planned for today! Great job!!!

Sandra - Yes, I need to do BC more often. Especially after feeling how many different muscle groups it hits the next day. I do indeed dread doing it, but it makes it all worth while after it is over. I think I am going to start doing SB on a 6" step from now on. I think I just got a lot more out of it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Morning all. This morning I got up extra early and did PUB followed by cardio from All Step. I have been slacking on my weight training because I don't want to give up my cardio in the morning in order to do it, so I figured this way I could get them both done and not feel guilty.:)

Shelley - Great run! I wish I could get to 4 miles.

Boybert - That is some workout you have planned for today! Great job!!!

Sandra - Yes, I need to do BC more often. Especially after feeling how many different muscle groups it hits the next day. I do indeed dread doing it, but it makes it all worth while after it is over. I think I am going to start doing SB on a 6" step from now on. I think I just got a lot more out of it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Sandra - thanks for the information on caffeine withdrawal. I'll take your word for it that there will be an end to this.

Just finished IMAX3. First time for the entire w/o since I recently purchased it. I've done segments of it on HCXtreme but the entire w/o is awesome. I love it. On the plie jack blast, I actually did the first 24 plie jacks, crisscross, then 10 of the 16 plie jacks, I had to go into jacking jacks then but I joined them on the next set. My legs are getting stronger, I can tell. Must be the PLB.

I did disagree with something Cathe said on the w/o though. After one particularly hard blast, she said 'I know, we feel exactly the same way'... uh.. not... she couldn't possibly feel as bad as I did!!!! :9

Off to the shower, then to run errands... a CM segment later on today. I feel soooo good right now. My antidote for caffeine withdrawal?? - IMAX 3!!!!

Afternoon greetings one and all! I'm starting to wonder if I should start an afternoon daily check in. I've been a late sleeper this week. LOL :p :7

Today is PUB + 20 minutes of cardio. I'm undecided about WHAT cardio I'll do. I'm feeling a little DOMSy (I like that word Emily :p ) after yesterday's PLB. I used my BB for the first time with the deadlifts and really liked it! I think I just might use the BB for the whole w/o tomorrow....dare I?? }(

Shelley- Hope your DD feels better soon! Awesome run this morning- the earlier the better with all this heat and humidity.

Boybert- Aww, your little one's first time in the pool is so special! IM3 and ME!?! Wow, rock on! I'm excited about your new DVDs, too! PUB/PLB is on the top of my wish list too. :)

Becky- Thanks for sharing about your Cardio Kicks experience. I've found kickboxing to kick my butt! lol I think it's mixing and matching kickboxing with step is a cool idea. Try it! ;)

Dutchie- I always enjoy hearing about your runs. It inspires me! Enjoy your beautiful weather- I'm jealous!

Charlotte- Welcome back! I think it's fabulous that you worked out throughout your vacation. Wow, that's dedication!

Logos- I think IMax2 is an awesome workout- even on it's own. ;) Good luck to your son.

Jane- Whoohooo!! Congrats on those knee roll ins! You rock! Let us know how IMax3 goes, ok? :)

Laurie Mac- I think we're on the same schedule. Maybe? I'm doing the Aug '04. I'm on week 2 day 2.

Carole- Awesome workouts! Whoa, I'd pass out at the halfway mark if I attempted that schedule. }( :p

Mariangles- Enjoy that yoga workout!

Carla- You're not goofy to pretend your training for a fight- I do that too! There are a few people from my past whose faces I picture...:+ lol It's theraputic. ;)

Emily- I just love your new word. :p DOMSy describes how I feel today very well.

Angie- Thank you for the welcome back the other day! Congrats on increasing your run time! *high five*

Wendy- Buying heavier weights is fun, isn't it? :)

Conni- Glad you got a good w/o from MM. ;) I love w/o's that challenge me.

Annette- That sounds like a really neat w/o. I bet it's really nice to find something that works so well with your current space restraints.

Jes- Hope your busy day goes smoothly and your w/o rocks your socks. (I'm borrowing that phrase from Shelley, hehe.)

Terri- I think you've made a wise decision to save your skin this year. Good for you! :)

Sandra- Thanks for the welcome back! Wonderful workout today, I always looks forward to reading about what you're going to do.

Katie- Congrats on getting up early and making time for some weight work along with your cardio. I bet you could get yourself into a habit of doing this a couple times a week and your body would get used to the early hour fairly quickly. ;)

Jane- *high five* for your first Imax3 experience. All of your hard work is rewarding you with increased endurance and strength! Whoohoooo!!! :)

Here's to continually awesome workouts,
Connie :D

I normally just read, do not post on this thread but what the heck? Yesterday did interesting workout I thought I would share - Muscle Endurance warm-up, upper body + abs, then Boot Camp upper body + cool down. 50 minutes got me smokin' upper bod, abs. Today was Body Max warm up, step portion, and blasts (no weights. Wed will be legs + core, rest of week running and yoga

Spent a few weekends going to weddings, wearing some rather revealing (for me) dresses and I must say I looked good. Had no idea I had such defined lats!!!

Great day to all.

Done done done w/ IM3 & ME. I feel great! I noticed my endurance is really getting better with IM3...like all of the sudden I can do more plie jacks and the hopping up & down on the board w/ both feet & the jacks on the board...what a good feeling :) I can't wait to mix this up on my HC Extreme DVD I am getting shortly! Whoo!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I have been so busy at work today that nearly 5 pm is the first chance I've had to post today.

I was awake from 1:30-3:00am last night. I was called from work (24 hour operation), which really got my adrenaline going and I couldn't go back to sleep! My 4:45 alarm nearly killed me, but I got up anyway.

Today I did LL and CTX bi's and tri's. All I can think about is sleeping right now!

Katie: I do all step workouts on 6 inches. The only exception (where I use 8 inches) is the circuit workouts like HSTA, where there is just a short cardio burst. I've found that 8 inches just kills my knees. Back in my 20's in the early 90's I used 10 inches. What time can do to a person!

Good to see Jes and Charlotte posting again.

Hi Ladies,

Some of your turbo-workouts amaze me! I can only handle 45-50 minutes a day or I'm toast the next day.

Today will be slow and heavy chest & back...and I haven't even done it yet. But it's a nice cool day here so that makes afternoon workouts bearable.

Cheers! : ) Bella

http://www.picturetrail.com/bella652005

Good Afternoon Fit Ladies!

No workout for me today....I'm bummed:-( ...I woke up at 6:00 am, had a cup of coffee, went upstairs to put on my workout gear but instead I climbed back into bed and fell asleep:-( . When I woke up I had to rush in order to make work on time.

You all had some rockin' workouts today...great job!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Tammy

Hey All: I worked out early this morning and then worked through the rest of the day. Yesterday was DD #2s Grade 8 grad and she looked gorgeous, we got her a fun red dress with big black polka dots and she wore it well. She was valedictorian and did a great job using some Dr. Suess quotes and speaking so confidently, she did us proud and FIL was positively beaming.....I get so choked up at these things, they had a retrospective slide show to Green Day's 'Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)" and Queen's "Best Friend". It was all I could do not to lean on the shoulder of the stranger beside me and sob a little.

Today was Step Blast and it was a BLAST! I haven't done the workout in it's entirety for a while and I really enjoyed it.

I ate terrible yesterday and stayed up too late, I've dragged my @$$ around all day and can't wait for bedtime. Anyone else out there lose their eating discipline when they're tired?? I'm trying really hard not to snack this evening, I want to feel good tomorrow!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Yes Laurie... when I'm tired after dinner, the munchies grab me and won't let go. I have done well this week (it only Tuesday though). I had the munchies so bad last night and wanted PB and jelly sandwiches soooo bad... lots of them, but I popped a bag of low-fat popcorn, ate that and willed myself out of the kitchen. I am using this forum as a crutch (and we all need one sometimes) to get through this PMS week. But, in answer to your question, even when I am not PMSing, tiredness will turn on my munchies. Resist, you love yourself in the morning. I did this morning.

Jane: Thanks, I will resist and savour the empty feeling in my belly tomorrow morning!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!:)

I think of this forum as much more of a tool than a crutch and it's wonderful that we are here to encourage, support and motivate each other.:) You will get through this PMS week!!!! The forum really does help, time just flies when I'm on here.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hi again,

I was able to do another workout, I did power strike milleniun 3, I found it to be easy after doing Imax 2 this morning.

Good Evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.