Daily check in, Thurs, April 20

Hey friends,
I am taking a rest day because we are going to Bodega bay in Sonoma county for the weekend. But don't laugh, I always take my step with me. My hubby is so used to it he is not phased. We stay in a cabin so there is plenty of room. I wiil be doing Imax 3 on Friday and Step Blast on Saturday. Teddy, hang in there and you are in my thoughts. Take care everyone!!!!

Susan

Hi all, back from marathon doctors visits again today. Oldest son while won't be put in a brace for his scoliosis right now will have to have surgery for his ingrown toenails so he can somehow get normal looking nails on his toes,sigh.

The middle son, still has what is a suspicious looking area on his elbow and was put in a sling to be seen again next Friday for a recheck. If healing is present on an x-ray then it was a break and he will have to take it easy for another couple of weeks, if no healing is present then it was a sprained elbow and he should be showing signs of returning to normal.

I did manage to get is CTX chest and triceps and MIS abs this morning.

Thanks for all the prayers.

I feel great! I decided to go for a steady state 3 mile run outside, and it was just what I needed. Boy was it hot! (I live in South Florida) I just didn't feel like running on the treadmill today. I feel so good I just may do a weight workout after all. :D

Pamela

Phyllis: SNAP OUT OF IT!!! Only kidding...sometimes a rest helps, or maybe switching your exercise routine for a while.

Teddygirl: Prayers for your sister.

Carole: How's the weather?

Laurie: Those slow motion lunges just about had me crying;(

Tammy,

What's CC#6 like? Is it hilly or sprinty?

Phyllis, it's rough when you're just not motivated isn't it? If your body really doesn't need the extra rest, try to just make yourself do something. If you get about 10 minutes into it and you're not feeling great to be moving, take the rest day and try again tomorrow.

Pamela

Hi gang,

I've been AWOL for the past few days, but haven't neglected my workouts. I took Tuesday as a rest day (unintentionally), so doubled up my workouts on Wednesday and did KickMax BootCamp premix, and PUB (no abs). This morning I did GS Legs.

Heather - thank you for your nice words about my daughters the other day. I'm very fortunate that I get to snuggle them whenever I want :) You sound like you're getting back on track - good for you!

Carole - I bought "Vegan Planet" the other day, as well as "125 Best Vegan Recipes." The recipes look terrific. I'm trying to plan my next week's menus, and having a hard time choosing. Do you have any favourites that you recommend?

Laurie - I saw the thread about your daughter's I(plywo)od!! What a bizarre situation! Has it been resolved?

Dang, the baby is asking for food and a nap. Time to go.

Great workouts everyone!
Sandra

Helllooo Fit Ladies

I just finished riding my bike for 30 minutes and I also added some upper body work for 30 minutes. Have a great workout !

.Lisa

Hi Sandra,

I just figured you were busy getting ready for your move. You're moving soon, right? Let me know when you want to do another rotation. I really enjoyed doing the November one with you. It kept me motivated! :)

Take care,
Pamela

Pamela ~ CC#6 is sprinty....I LOVE it! After a warm-up and 3 min steady state you do 5 one minute sprints with a one minute rest in between. Challenge 2 is quick to follow with another 5 30 second sprints with 40 seconds in between. Challenge 3 is a series of 3 minute hills and challenge 4 is three hill climbs which end in sprints.

The challenges are one on top of the other. This workout has me sweating buckets!

>Pamela ~ CC#6 is sprinty....I LOVE it! After a warm-up and 3
>min steady state you do 5 one minute sprints with a one minute
>rest in between. Challenge 2 is quick to follow with another
>5 30 second sprints with 40 seconds in between. Challenge 3
>is a series of 3 minute hills and challenge 4 is three hill
>climbs which end in sprints.
>
>The challenges are one on top of the other. This workout has
>me sweating buckets!

Since I joined the gym and have been using the treadmill, elliptical and bike, all of the CC talk has got my mouth watering for them! I asked for an mp3 player for my B'day and I know I'll get some cash so I just might have me the CC work outs inside of a few weeks time! YEAH!}(

YAY Wendy! I can highly recommend Cardio Coach. An hour on the treadmill flies by, and I burn on average about 600 cals per workout. My very favorite CC's right now are volumes 6, 5, 4 and the new version of volume 1 when I am short on time. I have also made my own premixes using all the CC's.

I hope you get your birthday wish!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.