Daily Check-In - June 5/06

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning ladies!

I've been busy, busy, busy and haven't had time to check in. My workouts lately have been:

Thursday - Lowmax
Friday - Leg & Glutes and KPC core
Saturday - GS Chest and Tris and a 5 K run
Sunday - Imax 3

Needless to say, my lower body is not thanking me about now. Today is GS BSB so it gets a well-deserved rest!

Happy Monday:)

Good morning Shelley and all that follow...

I decided to start the June rotation tomorrow instead of today so my rest day will fall on Monday and not Sunday. I have more time on Sat and Sun to do w/o's than I do on weekdays.

Since I ran yesterday and have IMAX 1 tomorrow, I will do some abs today, thinking MTV Pilates Mix.

Have a good day everybody.

Good Morning Shelley, Jane and all who straggle in later!

Shelley, could you finish the protein pancake? I am embarrassed to say I ate every single bite, plus a piece of watermelon !:eek: I really liked your idea to add teeny bit of vanilla and will try that next time.

I've changed my mind and about doing the June rotation and have decided instead to follow the Get Ready for Summer Rotation by Debbie (Fitnessfreak). It is an upperbody/cardio strong rotation and that's what I'd rather focus on right now. So this morning is PP u/b 3x premix and abs from cardio & weights.

Yesterday was a rest day and I took a 30 min. walk with dh.

How can it be Monday already? But at least summer vacation has begun for my daughter. That means chauffer duties are back in full swing for me! She's 15, so she wants to go everywhere but can't drive yet!

Anyway, enjoy the day everyone. 81 degrees and sunny here today. YAY!!!:7 :7

Good Morning.

Shelley: GS BSB rocks! By tomorrow you will have no body part untouched by DOMS!;)

Jane: Enjoy your rest day.

Becky: I did the Get Ready For Summer Rotation last month and LOVED it! It's a killer on the upper body but it gets the job done! I saw great results! Good luck with it! I think you'll be pleased.:)

Yesterday was my rest day so I decided to do HSC abs (cause they were neglected last week) and the hour stretch from the SS series last night.

I have that "homemade" circuit using LowMax step only premix on tap for today. I created it last week and never got it done because of my neck/shoulder pain.

Have a great day!:)

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I kept up with my workouts over the weekend but dropped the ball with my check-ins! My official Saturday morning workout was Timesaver 5. I love the kick-butt lunges. This workout is a real gem in my opinion. The Timesaver 4 shoulder work is also some of Cathe’s most challenging for me, so I really love Timesaver 4 too with the cardio from Kick, Punch, & Crunch. I like all the Timesaver workouts, but those are the outstanding ones in my opinion. Oh, I am down another pound. The Timesaver workouts are good for a pound a week. Not bad for 45-minute workouts.

I found a way to redeem the Still Jumpin’ video. The music is great for freestyle rebounding. I played the video and danced on my rebounder Saturday morning. Fun, fun, fun. I love Christi’s music.

I decided to try another Christi Taylor workout. I ordered Cardio Collectibles and did it for the first time Saturday afternoon. The step workout is fun but not very intense. I prefer Cathe’s step workouts and Cathe’s style of teaching, cuing, and breaking down the choreography. I like this one for a non-Cathe workout and will do it from time to time when I do not need or want an intense workout. Christi does not include a lot of power moves, so this one gives me a gentler option. Not to mention, there are days when I do not have the energy to face Cathe.

The hi-lo workout is a blast. There is more taking it from the top than I usually like, but all the moves are a lot of fun. This is a party in a box with all the pivots and spins I adore. It is very dancy with a lot of fun moves that are new to me. The hi-lo workout is more intense than the step workout in my opinion. And it will be more intense when I am more familiar with the choreography. I am not an afternoon person at all, so I will enjoy it even more in the morning hours. I love the simple set, cute outfits, and most of the music. The hi-lo workout has better music in my opinion. All in all, this one is a keeper.

I ordered Happy Hour and Hi-Lo Heaven on VHS and Humble Beginnings on DVD. Because I have these new workouts on the way and Kari’s Push that I have only done once, I decided to do a variety rotation for 2 weeks. I want to play with my new workouts and get familiar with them. I also want to discipline myself to revisit some of my least favorite Cathe workouts. The variety will be good for me, and I want to see if I can bond with these workouts now.

Speaking of bonding with workouts, I decided to give Two the Max another whirl before giving it away. I did the hi-lo section last night and had such a good time. It dawned on me that I tried this the first time in the afternoon (when I am at my lowest physically). I also wore the wrong shoes for this choreography. I wore shoes with more lateral support last night and was able to do all the lateral moves on carpet. This one is a keeper (even with the wild outfits). I am not sure if I will do the step workout, but the hi-lo workout is worth the price of the video.

I still have not decided what to do today. I am tired this morning and may just do some rebounding before work with extra cardio after work.

Wendy, your response made me laugh Friday. I am definitely not planning to start running anytime soon! I hope to add that to my rotation when I get closer to my goal weight, but definitely not now. When I wrote that I plan to “hit the ground running” after my trip, I was just using an expression. To hit the ground running is to get off to an energetic start without hesitation. Picture the way soldiers parachute into combat and hit the ground running.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Becky - I could NOT finish the pancake! It was huge!

Tig - What's this about a homemade Lowmax circuit? I must have missed that. Do you mind sharing again?

Shelley: I don't have it worked out EXACTLY but I'm going to do the step only premix and I am going to put one exercise after each step segment.

I'm not quite sure of the order or the # of reps yet but these are the exercises I have chosen...

squats
plie' squats
front lunges
back lunges
push ups
single arm rows
bicep curls tricep kickbacks

morning everyone! I did a 3 mile run last night with a spint at the end. I am like Shelly, my legs are sore! I worked them too many days in a row. I have an hour cardio today. Not sure what. I will wait and see how the leggies feel this afternoon. If all else fails, I will just do an upperbody WO, but I don't want to deviate from my rotation too much. Will let you know what I wind up doing.

Have great WO adn rests today. Hope you have sunshine, it's struggling over here.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/159/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Good morning everyone,

Good workout weekend, no checking in though, sorry!

Saturday - ME
Sunday - All Body Cardio with Sharon Twombley
Monday - Lowmax and abs.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

I am running VERY late, so I think today is an unscheduled rest day. Great workouts all around though.

Heather: Congrats on the weight loss...keep up the good work.

Morning ladies. I started the June rotation today, so it was IMAX and 300 walking lunges for me. I'm hoping that my legs will feel it tomorrow. They didn't get as tired as I thought they would. I'm thinking that maybe I'm doing the lunges wrong.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Katie, I started the rotation yesterday and thought the same thing. I did 400 instead of 300, but maybe I counted them wrong. Anyway, I'm not feeling much today. I did CTX upper body and the BBW. Wow, I WILL feel it tomorrow. It took an hour and a half. That is longer than I'm used to, but I had the day off of work, so I could indulge.
I'm not doing CTX twice in one week, so I will use PUB up premix instead.

Have a good day all!

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good morning all. The weekend was awful, as far as workouts go. I did HSC on Sat. and it was a struggle. I hurt my right shoulder somewhere along the way and think I may have to pass on any weight work until it feels better. I've been trying to ignore the pain, but it is not getting any better, so I guess I have to use that dirty old "rest" word. That means a week of cardio. I have no idea what I will reach for when I get home this afternoon, but I may give one of my Christi Taylor vids a try. I'm really going to try to clean up my eating act this week. I'm sure the terrible eating has something to do with the terrible workouts. I hope you all have a great day. Mine is improving.

Good Morning!!!

I have been MIA all weekend but they are my rest days anyway. Today I did CM!! Love it Love it!!! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful day!!!

Jill

Good morning ladies,
I took a rest day yesterday and it felt GREAT! Today I am doing a 3 mile run and Slow and Heavy legs, which I have never done before.
Have a great day friends and no more injuries:)

Susan

Oh my,I really really overslept this morning. sigh. Didn't mean to but it just happened.

I did the 8 min. taebo for a quick short workout just to get something in today. I have lost 5 pounds in the last week so I do think most of my gain was cycle related and bloat. Just hope it continues to come off.

Hope you all have a great day!!:7

I wish that were my problem, not finishing a huge pancake. It seems that I have a bottomless pit for a stomach. I am down another pound, and I am 127 now. My goal is 120, and I am only 5'2" tall but on the muscular side. I read somwhere that fit people carry four to eight pounds of muscle on them. If I estimate that I have 8 pounds of muscle, then 120 is probably a good weight for me.

I never got to finish BodyMax yesterday as I was a little bit busy with my daughter (she finished her first year of nursing school with flying colors, and my dear boyfriend came over early. I contented myself with doin the step portion and the intervals with legs, and I skipped the upper body part.

My upper back (my traps, maybe my rear detoid, and my left tricep) have been bothering me, and I think it is tension and spending too many hours sitting at the computer. If I do any upper body work today, I am skipping the shoulders and the back portion, but then I am afraid that they will turn to mush.

DB said that it is lousy getting older.

Dear Robin,

I have been having trouble with my upper back and left shoulder. Can you do weight work for your legs and do cardio six days a week? I do cardio six to seven days a week, and I alternate kickboxing, step, and either running or walking uphill.

I have also had terrible eating habits in the past, and I still find it very hard to eat cleaner. My boyfriend bought an Entemenn's cake last night, and my willpower was such that I didn't have one bite.

If you want to write to me for some support, my e-mail address is: [email protected]. I hope your shoulder feels better, and Christi Taylor is a lot of fun.

I decided my legs were just to tired and are begging for a rest, so I got the Intensity series in the mail today (YAY!!!) so I did PUB. Love it! I think I might just continue with the rotation tomorrow, instead of skipping one of the WO, so I will do the hour ccardio tomorrow, maybe RS?!?!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/159/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Evening ladies....

I just finished Low Max intervals 4-7 with blast. It was actually a good workout. Have a good workout everyone !

.Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.