CTX Series

Hi, I was thinking about buying this series but i just wanted to know how intense it is and if it is worth buying? Thanks for your time. Michelle

It is very intense.

I love the weight work in this!: short, to-the-point and effective.
The cardio I'm not as into, because 5 of the 6 workouts have high impact and 4 workouts have step. 4 high-impact step days a week are too much for me, but even with modifications (turning some high impact to low), I found this rotation impossible to take beyond 2 1/2 weeks because it bothered my knees (which hadn't bothered me for a while! Maybe I needed to change MORE of the moves to low impact).

I think the concept is an A+ idea, but the execution (to much of the same type of cardio and too much impacct for intensity) is flawed.

I purchased this series and do enjoy it. I don't do it every week, though. I alternate with my other Cathe videos (timesaver and IMAX 2/Cardio & Weights). I don't have a high step, so there is one work out I have not done. I like the kickboxing in it! CTX is tough, though.

Sherry

I don't know how advanced an exerciser you are...but I really like CTX...The cardio workouts are great for those days you don't want (or have time for) a longer workout..The cardio is all 40 minutes or less. There is also a great leg workout that is also about 40-45 minutes. There is about 10 minutes per upper body part (bis tris, etc) and 4 ab workouts (5-10 minutes each). There is not a week that goes by that I do not use at least part of this series. I think for the money it is certainly worth it! I think if you are an extremely advanced exerciser, you probably don't need it, but if you are intermediate+ you will benefit from this.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

I dont have this series yet, so I could be wrong, but I thought that the dvd version has a premix where u can do the weight work seperately than the cardio, so you dont have to do step cardio every day? I am always looking for my next Cathe series to buy so I was checking this one out, but I dont do step every day so I dont know...

Sherry:)

The other thing (in addition to other posts) that I really learned from CTX: I dont have to cardio myself two hours a day to get results...actually saw strength and cardio improvement, greater fat loss and wt loss with LOWER workout hours every week.......HEAVENLY when you are really busy all the time.

I don't do all of the workouts in the series, but I love Step and Intervals and All Step, I do one of those two workouts every week. The kickbox workout is pretty good too.

So I gather from the reactions that all are still loving this series? And that it is worth buying?

I love the CTX series. I haven't owned it that long, but it is definitely one I can see myself going back to again and again.

Iris

I love CTX so much that I've seriously considered buying a backup copy in the event that I use my current DVDs to death or lose them in a flood.

And just in passing - the issue of "too much impact" is entirely dependent on the exerciser. One exerciser might wish to go lower impact based on personal preference and/or physical-fitness limitations while another might prefer higher impact (that would be yours truly). CTX is flawless just the way it is, and a great value.

A-Jock

I have it on vhs, one of the tapes broke, so I just ordered it on dvd. It is not one of my favorite series of Cathes as is, but I like the cardio to do as an add on(or with a mish mosh) and I would like to have CTX upper body, which I don't have on vhs. So I think it would definately be a great addition to your collection because it is so versitile.

Deanie:)

PS- Is there any Cathe workout that isn't worth having????:)

In addition to the Upper Body premix, there is also an All Abs premix which I ab(pardonthepun)solutely love. My favorite is the CTX Kickbox planks (prone then supine with leg lifts) and roll-ups as a pre-thing before a floor routine (Leaner Legs and All Step are great traditional floor routines). The way the cardio is chaptered (not quite so finely as later productions but still very useful) makes it easy to mish-mosh and to add on to other cardio routines.

A-Jock

PSS - No.

Okay, now I am twice as excited to get my new dvd!!!:)
happy turkey day all!

eta: A-Jock-eagerly awaiting some mish moshes with the new dvds!!!:)

Deanie - I did a re-mix of Cardio Fusion the other day that honors those among us (that would be me again) who are absolute choreo klutzes and can't handle complex step without any preceding breakdowns:

Body Max 2 warm-up (using the B-Max 2 disc);
LIC blast-only add-on premix (this one was amazing!) from the LIC disc;
Cardio Fusion's Body Max 2 power circuit cardio blasts;
Cardio Fusion's Drill Max cardio blasts;
Boot Camp cardio only premix

I was d@mn near dead by the end of that, but I went on to do:

CTX KB planks through roll-ups; then
B/G floor ab routine

Not bad for an old bald broad.

A-Jock

WOW!! is right! I am very impressed!! How long did that take you?

I am finished the Nov. rotation on Sunday and looking for something to do till Dec. I may attempt this on Mon. I think I can do it, up till the BC cardio part!!! Its certainly worth the challenge!:) Much more challenging than what I was thinking of:
I was thinking of doing BM1 warm up and cardio, BM2 cardio, BM1 power segments (without the weight work), BM2 power segments(from the cardio fusion dvd) and B&G stability ball abs. I think the 2 power segments together may be like doing an Imax 4!

I've had the new dvds for 4 weeks now, and I'm ready to play around and have fun with them:)
Thanks for the mish mosh A-Jock!

Cross Train Express is one of my favorite series. It is intense (I usually use an 8 in step on this series) and I like the way it works one upper body part per day.

I wish Cathe would do a Cross Train Express 2.

While premixes are good, I prefer the way Cross Train Express is designed.

I think that question has already been answered.

If it were not worth buying, I would not say it's a great workout series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.