CTX 2 suggestions

I

Imani

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-00 AT 02:38PM (Est)[/font][p]Cathe,

I love the CTX series. It fits my schedule perfectly. I was wondering if there was a sequel in the works? If so, here's my suggestion

Vol 1 = 2 30min cardio workouts on the floor (hi/lo and kickbox)
Vol 2 = 2 30min step workouts (like all step or step and intervals)
Vol 3 = 2 30min ciruit workouts
Vol 4 = All Upper body strength training
Vol 5 = All Lower body strength training
Vol 6 = Core strengthening exersices with flexibility training

Thanks again for the wonderful videos!

imani

Ooh! What a fun topic! If I got to pick the line up for CTX2, I think I would pick:

Okay, this is a little different, but 1. would be a 3 parter with an either/or option when it goes to DVD:

1. Hi impact hi/low 30 minutes followed by the optional low impact hi/low (kind of like Charlene Prickett, but with a cool Cathe spin), followed by 20-30 minute version of Back, Bicep & Abs.

2. Step Interval workout, 30 minutes...followed by a 20-30 minute version of Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.

3. Kickboxing 30 minutes, and a 30 minute version of Leaner Legs. (This might be a good one to have an either/or option too...with a hi/lo option for kickbox haters.)

4. Easier (closer to steady state), but still fun 40 minute Step workout, followed by 20-30 minutes of Core Strength, Abs, and Stretching. Very relaxing after the Kickboxing/Leaner Legs day.

5. Circuit/Interval Day...2 complete 30-40 minute circuit/interval workouts...with mixes of step, hi-lo and kickboxing in the first one (more interval, than circuit)....no kickboxing in the second (for the anti-kickbox crowd and more circuit that interval). Do one or both, depending on your mood that day.

6. All strength day. An entire body workout with heavy weights in 40-50 minutes (add 10 more for some good abs).

I think that sounds pretty good and it would be my vote for CTX2. If Cathe decides to make a CTX2, that is. If not, its still fun to dream.

Laura (LCC)

HI there

I like all of your suggestions! How fun to daydream! But I would like to comment that one of the things that I like most about the CTX series is the very short weight workouts each day. I tend to get bored with longer weight segments (like PS series) so this has been perfect for me. I really like the variety of each workout and that has kept me motivated. You guys are probably all better exercisers than I am and don't get bored as easily as me!

I do love these videos. Thanks Cathe!

Cheers,
Angie

I also like the CTX because the tapes are so short! For some reason, it's easier to find 47 minutes to exercise than an hour! (I do have some longer tapes which I enjoy when I have more time.)

For CTX 2, I'd like to see:
An upper body strength tape ala Leaner Legs
A power circuit tape that concentrates on upper body during the weight section
An Interval blast tape with about 5 Interval Max-length intervals- the perfect tape to work up to Interval Max!
A Power Yoga tape with focus on core strength and flexibility, but that gets you sweating (okay, this one may be a little far-fetched)
and...
A step-kickbox cardio tape, just for fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.