CRT hotel preferences? Anybody got one?

Catchick65

Cathlete
Hi!

My sister and I will be attending our very first CRT this summer. We were wondering if anyone has a preference of hotels? Fairfield or Residence? Why/why not?

I am just so excited about this! It will definately be the highlight of my summer!

Thanks for any and all replies.

~Renee

Renee -

I went in 2008 and had a room at Residence Inn. Just my 2 cents but it seemed like most of the socializing was done in the Fairfield Inn lobby area.

If I was going this year - I would definitely choose the Fairfield Inn where I think most stay. Residence Inn just seemed quite and I didn't see many from the Road Trip hanging out downstairs.

I've never gone on a RT but I've stayed at the Residence Inn on business trips and it seems a bit much, esp since we won't really be in the room all that much. It's a great hotel & I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's like a studio apartment; so if we're gone most of the day, it doesn't really make sense to spend the extra $$ on a hotel. I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn.

Which one is closest to Cathe's gym? I guess I could mapquest it...LOL

They are right next to each other literally. I prefer the Fairfield myself just because that seems to be where everyone congregates and I think the buses always leave from there. The Residence is "nicer", but I always stay at the Fairfield.

Well - I will be driving, so I guess I wouldn't have to take a bus. I live in CT so it's not that far of a drive for me.

Thanks for the reply!

Where about in CT?

Hi Barbara,

You are going to have a great time on Cathe's RT!! Where about in CT are you? I stayed at the Fairfield Inn two years ago when I went on the RT and RTrippers congregate there because the bus leaves from there and drops off everyone at the same spot.

Monika from Stamford

Hi Barbara,

You are going to have a great time on Cathe's RT!! Where about in CT are you? I stayed at the Fairfield Inn two years ago when I went on the RT and RTrippers congregate there because the bus leaves from there and drops off everyone at the same spot.

Monika from Stamford

I'm in Middletown, probably about an hour from you. Are you going on this RT?

Monika,
You are going to have a good time even though I won't be there. I am so excited for you and all the others going on this RT. I can't wait for the RT in Texas and I hope you will join me here. Is this wishful thinking? We can be roommates if you want?

Are you staying at the Fairfield? Will you take the bus or car to the gym?

Veronika

Thanks for the advice everyone. Sister (aka catchick65) and I have our reservation made at the Fairfield Inn. See all you roadtrippers in a few months.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.