Crosstrainers for Cathe Fans in the U.K

Ann Reynolds

Hi Everyone,

I have previously posted a thread looking for advice on Step Aerobic Shoes/Cardio Shoes. I have tried out a number of options but too no avail.

I think what i need is a versatile all-round shoe probably a crosstrainer.

I would be very interested to know if there are any other members of Cathe Nation who are from the U.K, and if so what shoe/crosstrainer do they use for step aerobics/cardio workouts. (Name and Type). The reason for this is that i am Ireland and we are limited to only certain types of training shoes and brands.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks
Annie:D:D

Annie - I am in the UK (Lancashire) and love the Asics Gel Evolution shoes - although I think they are more for running but they give good cushioning for plyo movies. I believe Asics do a good cross training shoe also. I recommend you take a look at the asics.co.uk website as they have a shoe selector on there and can help you choose a shoe based on whether you over-pronate or under-pronate your foot.

I hope this helps!

Josie

Last edited:
Crosstrainers for Cathe Fans in the U.K.

Hi cygnus1889,

Thanks for your advice, on the Asics Gel Evolution. It is so nice to hear from someone else from the U.K. (are there many other U.K. members).

Please can I ask if these shoes have good lateral support for side to side movements) and have you been using them for long.

Would they also be good for all cardio/aerobic workouts (weights etc). I already own a pair of Asics Gel 140TR Crosstrainers but unfortunately they are too heavy for step, only for this they would be the perfect shoe.

Thanks again for your advice and once again great to hear from a fellow U.K. member.

Many thanks

Annie - I replied to your message - I think it will show up as a visitor comment on your profile page though as opposed to a private message. Hope you can read it!

Josie

Hiya :) I am from Cumbria, I too wondered if there were many other UK members! Seems there are a FEW, but that's all.
I have struggled too. I ordered Ryka's, but it cost a bomb to do from abroad, and I've seen nothing that matches them in quality. However, I have also tried the New Balance WX1010 crosstrainer, and it is PERFECT for lateral movement. Not TOO expensive either, at around 50 quid, when I got them anyway.
Hope you find some!

Best Wishes

P.s If you ordered Shock Cardio, has it come yet? 'm still waiting on mine :(

Hi Zozo,

Thanks for your reply and advice.

I have actually been looking at that particular brand on the internet and wondered if they were comfy and supportive enough, so thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind.

Glad to find another Cathe Fan from the U.K. also, although i am relatively new to Cathe's DVD's, so unfortunately i have'nt got round to ordering Shock Cardio, yet, but do enjoy it when it arrives.

Many Thanks & a Happy New Year

Hi Annie, I am in London & I've also struggled to find good Xtrainers over here. The choices are limited and the prices exorbitant.
Steer clear of Reebook & Nike as they don't give enough support. My favourite are NewBalance WX622 .
Try Sportshoes.com, Millet Sport.co.uk & Mandirect.com.

Olga

Hi Olga,

Funny you should mention, Nike Trainers, as my local sports shop have suggested Nike Steady Trainers to me, and i was having doubts, as the reviews for them weren't that good. So thanks for the tip.

Can I ask if the New Balance WX622 are comfy and do they have good lateral support for side to side movements? And do you wear them for all cardio workouts?

Thanks for all your help & advice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.