Crossfire review

jdimascio

Cathlete
This morning I did Crossfire...the whole thing along with core (64 min)

I enjoyed the warm-up, I enjoyed the warm-up and the music that went along with it. Once again this workout is broken into segments. Obviously, you have all of these premixes and the varieties are endless...I even plan on combining bits and pieces of "to the Max" and "Crossfire" to create even more combinations, thanks to the Workout Blender.

Anyway, first segment was circuit blast, which is basically a cardio segment with no weights. You do 4 different exercises, repeating each exercise after doing it once, then you do each exercise one time. Then Cathe breaks it up with a tabata segment, firewalker tabata. LOVED firewalker tabata...get ready for your legs to be on fire. Next was a fitness blast, which is cardio with weights (sometimes without). Once again a nice change up...by this time I was on my second towel, floor was getting wet, somewhat slippery at times (be careful). Segment 4 is a plyo tabata...great ending, hint: it includes tuck jumps, YIKES!!!!!

I added the core segment....very nice ending, only problem was my mat was a big puddle of sweat and I was slipping a bit. Guess I need 3 towels for this workout:D Core was different, it was a nice combination of prone and supine work, I think focusing more on the core as a whole as opposed to abs.

All in all...FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!! Great start to my Friday.

Glad you enjoyed the workout so much. I got home late last night but still wanted to try at least part of the new workouts, so I did the first 2 sections of CrossFire (warm-up, circuit blast, firewalker Tabata and stretch). When I went to enter it in the Workout Manager, I found that this is one of the premises.

I really enjoyed how it was structured and thought the firewalker section was great. There is definitely some room for improvement with the blue band...first time I used it. Can't wait to try the whole thing.

Jen, I like your idea of combining sections from both workouts using the Workout Blender. You'll have to share the challenging combos you design.

Michelle

Glad you enjoyed the workout so much. I got home late last night but still wanted to try at least part of the new workouts, so I did the first 2 sections of CrossFire (warm-up, circuit blast, firewalker Tabata and stretch). When I went to enter it in the Workout Manager, I found that this is one of the premises.

I really enjoyed how it was structured and thought the firewalker section was great. There is definitely some room for improvement with the blue band...first time I used it. Can't wait to try the whole thing.

Jen, I like your idea of combining sections from both workouts using the Workout Blender. You'll have to share the challenging combos you design.

Michelle

Well since you asked :eek:....I actually did all 6 tabatas yesterday evening. A great workout in about 45 minutes. I did the warm-up from To the MAx, and cooldown from Crossfire.

More to come.....

Thanks Jenn! I'm so excited to do this workout. I have it slated for Sunday...wish I could do it today. :)

Well since you asked :eek:....I actually did all 6 tabatas yesterday evening. A great workout in about 45 minutes. I did the warm-up from To the MAx, and cooldown from Crossfire.

More to come.....

You genius!!! 6 tabatas all together, may I ask in which order did you put them? After reading your post I started to think of a good sequence but I am really interested in your opinion / experience. And thank you for the accurate review, esp the advice about the number of towels...I think I will need also something to dry up the floor or the discs won't work !!! :D

I did this workout this morning. It was great. The only move I couldnt keep up on were the jack pushups. I got 10 each time. I will have to check out the premixes next. Thanks cathe!!!!! For a great workout.

Rhonda

I did Crossfire last night!! Loved it!!! I agree with Jen! I was drenched. It doesn't help that it is over 100 degrees here! Good luck to everyone!! Thanks again Cathe!!

SIX TABATA'S JENN????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll order you more Wheaties! :D

Ha!!! I just love tabata....and the ones you created, Cathe, are awesome, each one is unique too. Tough, but fun!!!!

I did Triple Tabata from To the Max first, skipped the stretch, then did Crossfire Triple Tabata, skipped the warm-up.

Great review. I agree. Crossfire was an amazing workout. My favorite was also the firewalker tabata segment...

Great workout Cathe..Looking forward to trying To the maxx!!

Gawd! Lol I got mine and since my PF popped on Monday and pulled lower back muscle from pulling glued tile.. I can't do any of it. I got to do basic step first time this week I can actually walk. So I spent the afternoon viewing both workouts! My mouth is watering my foot tapping I so much wanted to work work! Hmm I wonder if I'm burning calories watching? Lol

I just finished CrossFire.....WOW I loved it! I am a sweaty mess right now. Great workout Cathe! The firewalker tabata was awesome!!!!!
Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.