Cross Train Xpress DVD Video Clips Missing Sound

video clips

I am unable to hear the sound for Cross Train Xpress video clips (for example this one: http://72.32.185.9/PowerCircuit56k.asf). I am able to hear the sound for others (for example for PowerMax http://72.32.185.9/PowerMax56k.wmv) so I am guessing is the problem is not on my end.

I've tested both clips and they're working fine. More than likely the version of your player on your computer does not support the codec that was used to record these particular vid clips.

Thanks for the response. Just to make sure--I was and still am able to hear the sounds for Power Max (and many others too). I suppose the file extension .asf for Power Circuit accounts for the differences in codecs.

I saved the file into my computer (Macbook Pro) and tried watching it with 3 players: Quicktime and RealPlayer can both open it and play the video, but there is no sound. VLC cannot even open it.

Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net (130) codec

I duplicated your error on another PC machine of mine using windows media player, but I just needed to install an audio codec that you see below to make it work.

Codec is missing
Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio or video portion of the file) because the Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net (130) codec is not installed on your computer.
The missing codec might be available to download from the Internet. To search for the Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net (130) codec, see WMPlugins.com.

This is a very old clip that really needs to be redone. The audio codec that was used is just not very popular nowadays. You will have to see if they have a codec for a Mac still available. After we finish STS I plan on redoing our older clips.

Yes, please redo the older clips because I have had the same problem on all my computers. And I was very surprised that you hadn't corrected it all this time. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.