Creatine

Sissy1983

Cathlete
Anyone use this?? I have been pondering the idea of starting to use it with the sts program for more results, just wanted to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

Hi there,

My DH was taking Creatine a few years ago when he was heavy lifting at the gym. He decided after a few months to get off them, as he often proclaimed he was in a state of "bloating, 24/7". Being a male and able to gain muscle easily, he got pretty big very fast.

He just recently starting heavy lifting at the gym again and was interested in doing another round of Creatine. He was looking at this article for reference:

Creatine Side Effects | Men's Health

However, I'm not sure what your results would be as a female. Perhaps another Cathlete could chime in with their experiences :).

Having done STS myself, I got very good results by upping my protein with lean meats, egg whites, and 1 scoop of protein power daily.

Good luck,

Natasha

My husband was on the SWAT team and training hard for the SWAT Olympics. He began using Creatine as a regular supplement. This was a bad choice. At first, it was great and fine and he was doing well on it. But after a few months of regular use, he began to have health problems which I attribute to and believe were aggravated and brought on by Creatine. In fact, he still has those health problems. He is very healthy, not a drinker or smoker.

In the short term, it looked like it was a benefit, but in the long term it was not. He hasn't touched it again.

My personal advice: Run from it as far as possible and stay NATURAL in what you put in your body as much as you can!

I've done STS several times, lifted *gym* style for years before that and I do not think its necessary to take creatine to see good results. Creatine is probably one of the more researched and used supplements, do a google search and you'll learn enough right away. For women I'd say the benefits are less applicable unless you are pulling out all the stops and need the additional ATP push. I get the best results from whey protein and coconut oil right afterwards and a good night of sleep. My lifting coach back in the day told me that muscle is torn down in the gym and built in the bed. Haha...that's what he said now...not me !

Thanks for the great advice! I use protein powder but maybe try adding some coconut oil to my shakes! I was already skeptic about trying it anyway.. I have had great results from sts! I <3 it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.