CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR AUGUST 11, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I need to do cardio, my rotations call for MMA Boxing:confused: I feel like doing something else? Not sure what yet?

My son is leaving next week:( I can't believe 2 month are almost over? We are planning on taking off Friday/or Saturday for a few days. I will not start us off, I will let you know Friday:eek:

Happy Hump day and workout!

I ended up doing HiiT 30/30 + MMA Boxing. I was one sweaty mess. I will try to be back later.

Keep working hard, ladies. BBL!

Today was Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 37, Squat Rack Legs. LOVED this workout and had a great one! It's weird to lift heavy for legs, it's been a really long time since I've done this. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!

Warmup:
Squats - 65#/10 reps
Squats - 70#/10 reps

Workout:
Squats - 85#/8 reps
***4 sets with a 3 minute rest between each set.

Barbell Elevated Deadlifts - 80#/8 reps

Leg Press Station - 155#/8 reps

NOTE: This was suppose to be Front Squats but I hate those. This station works the same muscles a front squat will work so I love using this aparatus for that.

Static Lunge - 75#/8 reps

NOTE: Anyone who has done Cathe workouts knows that she says you should never touch your knee to the floor when you do these. She says they may graze the floor but should not touch them. I don't know about you all, but I can't get anywhere near the floor with my knee. I always wonder if I'm doing them wrong?

Chris - You were right, my abs are screaming at me today. That "easy" ab workout gave me huge doms!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Good morning!

Belinda - nice combo with HiiT & MMA boxing. Those 2 months did go by fast. Enjoy this week with him.

Debbie - I don't think my knee has ever even grazed the floor on lunge work...:confused: If you are doing something wrong then so am I. Oh and from yesterday: I would love a CCV9. Haven't heard any rumblings about it though.

Ladies, I have discovered the joy of wearing a dress to work! I've had a cap-sleeved brown wrap dress in my closet since last year and finally wore it today. It was so nice to whip it on this morning and not have to think about putting an outfit together!!!

Last night I did CCV7...the.whole.thing. It's like 1:13 long or something like that. Went by fast though. Tonight is LIC. I'm thinking of doing a Slow & Heavy rotation when we get back from vaca. Oh and I lost 3lbs this week!!! (she says as she pats herself on the back..;)) I figured out my TDEE last week and have been tracking my calories on SparkPeople. I be happy...:D

Hi to everyone!!

Melissa - great job on the weight loss! THat's awesome!!

Belinda and Debbie - great workouts as well, and uh yea, agree with Melissa on the lunge thing, my knee doesn't graze the floor either, I don't think I'd get back up!!

I did a Power/Ride combo today starting at 5:15, getting home at 7 am. Almost skipped Power but then decided to get up anyway. Glad I did, I feel much better than yesterday's workout - LOL!

Quickie post from me ladies. Another crazy day at work. Boo. I went to Ride this morning...had every intention of going to Power first at my gym but couldn't fathom it at 4:40 when the alarm went off. So I have good intentions of doing PLB tonight but we'll see how the day goes ;)

Belinda - so sorry your time with your son is almost over. What a bummer :(
Debbie - I feel the exact same! My knee doesn't come close to grazing the floor either!! You are not alone there!

Hi everyone else!

I may not be able to move a single part of my body by the end of the day. Arms are fried and this morning I got up and did legs (ham, glute, calves) and the last 3 combos of KPC and abs. For legs I mostly did drop sets of 4 x 10 unless otherwise noted:

Alternating front lunge - 50, 40, 30, 24 (2 12lbs)
Stiff-legged dead lifts (dumbbells) - 30's, 25's, 20's, 15's
Front leg elevated lunge - 60, 50, 44 (2 12's and 20# vest), 40
Calf raises - 100, 90, 80, 70
Plie squats with low-end pulse - 50, 44, 40, 35
Rear leg slide back lunges - 15's, 13's, 12's, 11's
Single leg calf raises - 3x10 with 20#
Donkey kicks - 2x158 with 8#
Glute roll-ins with hip lift on ball - 8 roll-ins with hip lift, 16 hip lifts, 16 roll-ins
Inner thigh raise with ankle weights - 24 single, 24 high-end pulse, 24 single

It seems like I am missing something but I think that's it.

Roxie - sounds like a good workout last night!

Nora - do you ever have a bad workout :p You totally rock lady!

Melissa - I love wearing dresses to work. So comfy and congrats on the weight loss.

Belinda - love the idea of that cardio combo. Nicely done.

Debbie - I have read elsewhere that your knee should come fairly close to the ground. I actually dropped my weights to work on form for both lunges and squats - making sure to lower my rear end farther down. It seemed to make a difference - I was definitely more sore. BUT, my knee has never grazed...isn't grazing touching?

Jessica - nicely done this morning!

Jolene - at least you made it to Ride, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Hi Chris and Andrea!!

Good Morning,

DH is leaving town again today so I will be home by myself again. I will do CLX Lean Phase 2 and then some kind of stretch it helps me relax so I sleep better.

Belinda-its always sad to see your kids go when you don't get to see them that often. Great workout today.

Debbie-your wts. are awesome girl.

Jo-good job getting your workout done even though you didn't want to.

Jess-good job with ride sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies.

Heather-good job with your workout, and thank you.

Melissa-congrats on the wt. loss. I wish this time of year I could wear a dress but its scrubs for me.

Hey Girls!

Still on FI-YAH here! Did FIRE 45 Class. This is the one with this super fun combo with the song, "Boom..I got your boyfriend, i got your man..BOOM! ..i got your boyfriend, I got your man". It's so fun! And sweaty! And the Fire Drills kick my a$$!

Before I did Fire, I did my weights. I ended up taking all the shoulder weight work from MESO 1, Day 1. It took about 20 minutes. Not bad!

Belinda: PRAYING these antibiotics finally work for you! Nice cardio combo today!!!

Debbie: AWESOME weights today! Oh ya, my knee would never even graze the floor either!... See? Those traditional abs are kicking, aren't they??

Melissa: Wow! that CC sounds intense! Slow and heavy would be a great rotation. What cardio would you do with it? Congrats on your poundage lost!!!! WOOT WOOT! I do Sparkpeople too!!! So how do you figure your calories with your TDEE? My TDEE is on the workout manager, And I'm just not sure how to use it for calories I need to lose weight.

Jo: Holy EARLY BIRD!!! Can't believe you were done and home by 7am!!! *bows* to you!

Jessica: Oh, but PLB is a fun one! Enjoy it!

Heather: Kicking your own butt again, I see! You go!!!

Roxie: Oh!! CLX and TF rotation would be great! there is a rotation set up with the Turbo Fire workouts!! When are you getting them?

Nora: I am amazed at how much you do when you don't feel good! You are my hero!!! Nice job yesterday and hope you feel better today!!

Hey Girls!

Still on FI-YAH here! Did FIRE 45 Class. This is the one with this super fun combo with the song, "Boom..I got your boyfriend, i got your man..BOOM! ..i got your boyfriend, I got your man". It's so fun! And sweaty! And the Fire Drills kick my a$$!

Before I did Fire, I did my weights. I ended up taking all the shoulder weight work from MESO 1, Day 1. It took about 20 minutes. Not bad!

Belinda: PRAYING these antibiotics finally work for you! Nice cardio combo today!!!

Debbie: AWESOME weights today! Oh ya, my knee would never even graze the floor either!... See? Those traditional abs are kicking, aren't they??

Melissa: Wow! that CC sounds intense! Slow and heavy would be a great rotation. What cardio would you do with it? Congrats on your poundage lost!!!! WOOT WOOT! I do Sparkpeople too!!! So how do you figure your calories with your TDEE? My TDEE is on the workout manager, And I'm just not sure how to use it for calories I need to lose weight.

Jo: Holy EARLY BIRD!!! Can't believe you were done and home by 7am!!! *bows* to you!

Jessica: Oh, but PLB is a fun one! Enjoy it!

Heather: Kicking your own butt again, I see! You go!!!

Roxie: Oh!! CLX and TF rotation would be great! there is a rotation set up with the Turbo Fire workouts!! When are you getting them?

Nora: I am amazed at how much you do when you don't feel good! You are my hero!!! Nice job yesterday and hope you feel better today!!

Chris-I am not sure DH paid for all of it then decided to do the easy pay so he called BB back and not sure if they understood what he wanted them to do so I guess its a wait and see at this point.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I finally figured out my heartrate monitor and I'm loving it. Today I did Belly, Butt and Thigh bootcamp by crunch fitness. It was 41 minutes but I only burned 252 calories so I added another lower body blast workout so I could up my calories burned. I ended up burning 450 calories total for todays workouts.

I think the heartrate monitor will help me to better select the most efficient workout in the time I have. Once school starts back up in 2 weeks I will have to get up at 4:30am every morning and will be able to manage 45 min to an hour of exercise a day. Not looking forward to it at all :(

Belinda- enjoy the last week with your son. My kids are coming home from vacation tomorrow. I miss them they've been gone 5 days, the longest I've been without them.

Melissa - congrats on the weight loss!!!

Chris - you should be a spokesperson for turbofire....I'm hooked and am dying to hear the song "I got your boyfriend, I got your man". I'm waiting until work starts up again and then going to treat myself and buy it!!

Heather and Debbie - Your energy is inspiring!!! great job with the weights. Drop sets are my favorite.

Jess & Jo - Once I'm back to work you may have to send me a wakeup call in the am so I'll get up like you girls!!!

Hi Roxie and Nora :)

- Andrea

Still on FI-YAH here!

Chris - you are too funny!!! I was just playing around with a new rotation and I think I might alternate S&H and GS for 4 weeks. The cardio will depend on when I do it, actually. If I'm up early enough in the morning, it will be a CC for sure. Don't think I could handle step or kb first thing.

I used the WM to figure out my TDEE, too. Then I add in the amount of calories burned from working out, less the amt of calories I would have burned anyway, then take my total calories consumed from SP and try to stay close to a 500 calorie deficit.

Whew, that sounds like alot of work, doesn't it?

Melissa - I actually put together a rotation (6 or 8 wks) last summer that used S&H, GS, and STS. It was really kind of fun. I used some of the Meso 2 workouts so they were all similar styles, but not so similar as to be boring. Kept everything fresh.

Chris - you are too funny!!! I was just playing around with a new rotation and I think I might alternate S&H and GS for 4 weeks. The cardio will depend on when I do it, actually. If I'm up early enough in the morning, it will be a CC for sure. Don't think I could handle step or kb first thing.

I used the WM to figure out my TDEE, too. Then I add in the amount of calories burned from working out, less the amt of calories I would have burned anyway, then take my total calories consumed from SP and try to stay close to a 500 calorie deficit.

Melissa - I actually put together a rotation (6 or 8 wks) last summer that used S&H, GS, and STS. It was really kind of fun. I used some of the Meso 2 workouts so they were all similar styles, but not so similar as to be boring. Kept everything fresh.

That's a great idea, Heather. Thanks!

wow! i'm really confused! LOL!

What is the "amt of calories you would have burned anyway"? Your BMR? And then you SUBTRACT 500 calories from that? that would give me like 1100 calories to eat if I figured that out righ! :eek:

Roxie: I guess you will be surprised then! which is a good thing if it's for your birthday!!:)

Andrea: I could be a spokesperson for TF. I really truly love it! I think you will too!!! But I'm not so sure I could love ANYTHING at 4:30am. YIKES!

wow! i'm really confused! LOL!

What is the "amt of calories you would have burned anyway"? Your BMR? And then you SUBTRACT 500 calories from that? that would give me like 1100 calories to eat if I figured that out righ! :eek:

Okay, here is an example (I used the sedentary option when I figured out my TDEE because I have a desk job):

TDEE = 1800
TDEE divided by 24 hours = 75 calories burned in 1 hour

Now, if I exercise for 1 hour and burn say 375 calories, I only count that as 300 additional cals burned because I would have burned 75 cals anyway just doing day-to-day stuff. So now my TDEE looks like this: 1800 + 300 = 2100 calories

So if I'm trying to maintain a 500 calorie deficit, I would eat 1600 calories for the day.

I think the TDEE in the WM is fairly accurate. A few months ago I wore my HRM for 24 hours on a work day in which I did not exercise and it came out to 1888 calories burned in a 24 hour period.

Melissa - Is there a way I can estimate my my starting TDEE without wearing my heartrate monitor all day. And is a 500 calorie deficit a day a 2 lb weight lose a week?

Okay, here is an example (I used the sedentary option when I figured out my TDEE because I have a desk job):

TDEE = 1800
TDEE divided by 24 hours = 75 calories burned in 1 hour

Now, if I exercise for 1 hour and burn say 375 calories, I only count that as 300 additional cals burned because I would have burned 75 cals anyway just doing day-to-day stuff. So now my TDEE looks like this: 1800 + 300 = 2100 calories

So if I'm trying to maintain a 500 calorie deficit, I would eat 1600 calories for the day.

I think the TDEE in the WM is fairly accurate. A few months ago I wore my HRM for 24 hours on a work day in which I did not exercise and it came out to 1888 calories burned in a 24 hour period.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain to me, Melissa! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.