CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR AUGUST 10, 2010

Hallo again,

I am done with Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I also did the stretch and abs from PS! My shoulders are fried:p

Warmup:
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps

Workout:
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/8 reps

Incline Flyes - 23/12 reps
Incline Flyes - 23/10 reps
Incline Flyes - 23/8 reps

Incline Bench Press - 65#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 65#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 65#/8 reps

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 22's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 18's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 14's/10 reps

Incline Bench Front Raise - 13's/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 10/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 10/10 reps

Seated Lateral Raise - 13's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 13's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 10's/10 reps

Seated Rear Flyes - 18's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 14's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 12's/10 reps

Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/8 reps

Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps

Double-Arm Kickbacks - 13's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 8's/10 reps

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I did Cardio Coach #3 and then I did a steady state to get to 50 minutes on my treadmill. Had a great workout.

I also did MIS Ab Work. That one is ok, kind of boring. Lots of crunches and my neck was starting to hurt. Probably not a good choice with the neck problems I've been having.

CARDIO STATS:
52 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
429 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled

Belinda - Very impressive weights, girl! Nice going!

This morning I got up and did the cardio only premix from LIC. I will do biceps/triceps at lunch. I did end up doing AS after work. I had so much fun reminiscing about being on that set LOL.

Roxie - Good job with that workout!

Nora - holy freaking cow with that calorie burn. Wow

Belinda - nicely done with those weights lady!

Chris - You inspire me too by the way.

Debbie - glad you had a good cardio workout. Sorry the abs kind of sucked though - at least you got it done right?!

Hi Jessica, Jolene, Andrea, Melissa!!!!

Nicely done Belinda and Debbie! Hard core, love it.

As for me, well, I need some advice that borders on TMI ;-) So, the last few times I have run, I have the urge to uh, go to the bathroom. This morning was the worst and I seriously almost didn't make it home, only doing about 3 miles when I was hoping to do much more. Any idea why the heck that would happen when I run? Odd reaction, right??

So, needless to say it was a short run, but I also did core max abs (the third workout in that DVD) to add in a little extra.

Nora - way to work it last night, girl!

Jolene - I have no advice for you but that must be an awful feeling..:(

Debbie - nice job on CCV3.

Hi Heather, Belinda, Jessica, Chris, Andrea & Roxie.

I'm feeling nice and toasty today from CTX UB last night. Tonight is cardio, but not sure what yet. It's a toss-up between 4DS HIS and CCV7. Love the 2nd challenge alternating 1:00 hills & 1:00 sprints!

We went to our local apple orchard/farmer's market last night. Got some already-shucked corn :)cool:), sweet potatoes and PURPLE potatoes. First time I've ever seen the purple potatoes. Gonna try them out tonight but not really sure what to do with them. Has anyone ever tried them?

Nora - way to work it last night, girl!

Jolene - I have no advice for you but that must be an awful feeling..:(

Debbie - nice job on CCV3.

Hi Heather, Belinda, Jessica, Chris, Andrea & Roxie.

I'm feeling nice and toasty today from CTX UB last night. Tonight is cardio, but not sure what yet. It's a toss-up between 4DS HIS and CCV7. Love the 2nd challenge alternating 1:00 hills & 1:00 sprints!

We went to our local apple orchard/farmer's market last night. Got some already-shucked corn :)cool:), sweet potatoes and PURPLE potatoes. First time I've ever seen the purple potatoes. Gonna try them out tonight but not really sure what to do with them. Has anyone ever tried them?

Haha, thanks Melissa - I'll take sympathy too ;-)

Jolene - Could be the muscles in that area need to be tightened. There are exercises to strengthen that area around the bladder. Also, I'm sure you do this, but go to the bathroom before you run even if you don't need too. Other then that, I'm not too sure what to advise. You could just have a weak bladder. Has it happened before or is this something new?

Melissa - The only one I know who has had purple potatoes is Cathe herself. I think you just cook them up like you would a sweet potato. Let us know how you like it!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me will be some kind of cardio and abs again. DH is coming home tonite so I need to get it done quick.

Belinda-nice wts. girl I'm impressed.

Debbie-good job with the run and getting your abs done.

Jo-no advice just sorry it happens.

Heather-good job with athletic step haven't attemted that one yet.

Melissa-enjoy whichever cardio you choose. Have you done abs yet this week?

Jolene - Could be the muscles in that area need to be tightened. There are exercises to strengthen that area around the bladder. Also, I'm sure you do this, but go to the bathroom before you run even if you don't need too. Other then that, I'm not too sure what to advise. You could just have a weak bladder. Has it happened before or is this something new?

Melissa - The only one I know who has had purple potatoes is Cathe herself. I think you just cook them up like you would a sweet potato. Let us know how you like it!

Thank you! Yes, I did go beforehand, which is why it was weird. The last couple of times I did not, and thus the problem, but this time was so much worse! And if it wasn't obvious before, it wasn't so much the bladder that was the issue, without getting overly graphic or TMI :eek:

It's not uncommon actually. Running tends to loosen "things" up especially first thing in the morning. It's one reason DH doesn't run often in the morning - he always has to make an, um, pit stop.

Nicely done Belinda and Debbie! Hard core, love it.

As for me, well, I need some advice that borders on TMI ;-) So, the last few times I have run, I have the urge to uh, go to the bathroom. This morning was the worst and I seriously almost didn't make it home, only doing about 3 miles when I was hoping to do much more. Any idea why the heck that would happen when I run? Odd reaction, right??

So, needless to say it was a short run, but I also did core max abs (the third workout in that DVD) to add in a little extra.

Ah, you guys crack me up!! I've thoroughly enjoyed this little TMI conversation!! Again I'm having a ridiculous day at work so I'll have to TRY to come back for personals later, don't hate me :(

My workout today was a run as well, was SOUPY out there but got a good 5.5 or so mile run in, burned about 600 cals too. Not too shabby. Roxie - you'll appreciate this, I totally intend to do core max abs tonight since I ran out of time this morning after my run :)

Back later...

It's not uncommon actually. Running tends to loosen "things" up especially first thing in the morning. It's one reason DH doesn't run often in the morning - he always has to make an, um, pit stop.

Really?? Okay, so maybe I'm not weird. I just need to kick this little problem ASAP considering the half marathon is at 7 am!

Do you drink coffee before you head out for a run? Sometimes that makes it worse as well. You might do a bit of internet searching. Not sure there is really anything you can do other than get up earlier or maybe do a warmup near the house just in case.

Really?? Okay, so maybe I'm not weird. I just need to kick this little problem ASAP considering the half marathon is at 7 am!

Jolene - It is typical amongst runners. Exercise that area helps - tighten and release, tighten and release. Know what I mean? :D

Last edited:
Belinda-my b-day is not until Sept 1st. Dh was just getting a jump on things he wasn't going to tell me just hand me the receipt but I guess he couldn't wait or wanted me to be prepared to find a package from UPS.

Good Morning Ladies,

You are all too funny!!!! Yesterday I did PUB and then I was without a car because the breaks were getting fixed so I walked 4 miles to the nearest starbucks for ice coffee!!! I've been at the beach all morning (perk of being a teacher) so this afternoon I will try to get in a cardio workout. I will report back later on which one.

Roxie - please let me know how you like Turbo Fire. I spent all Sat night watching utube videos on it and I think I am going to get it!!!

Belinda, Heather and Debbie - I am really impressed with your weight lifting!!!! Keep up the great work. I need to work on increasing my weight.

Melissa - where can I find the cardio coach workouts? Are they just for spinning or the treadmill too? I have a treadmill at home. I'd like to try those workouts.

hi to Chris, Jess and Jolene!!!

PS - great news I am down 4lbs from the start of the summer!!!!yeah :)

Hey everyone!

Today I did Turbo Fire 55 EZ with the music fired up (LOUDER than Chalene, so you mostly just hear the music). I had a blast!! It's crazy how at the end, during the 2nd finale, the music is so crazy, I SHOULD be on the floor passed out from the previous 40 minutes, yet I'm all into it , sweat flying everywhere! .. I actually did my weight work first. Did SJP Biceps and PUB Biceps. TF 55 EZ has a little bit of standing ab work at the end, so I called it a day!

Belinda: Impressive weights! You're doing great!

Debbie: Lately i've been finding traditional ab work like on the older videos, REALLY give me DOMS the next day. Let me know how you feel tomorrow from it!

Heather: Fun you did AS and it reminded you of the RT! Good split today on the cardio and weight work. thanks for the compliment! :)

Jo: When I am in my running mode, (usually Fall and Springtime), I don't generally run early early. BUT, the few times I did, the same thing happened to me. I was in the middle of THE PARK and had this wicked belly ache all of a sudden. It wasn't good. I had to run back to my car and drive home! . I tend to not run before breakfast anymore like that.

Jess: *bows* to you for running in soup! I am such a fair weather runner!!

Roxie: Hope you find a fun cardio to do. Are you done with CLX now?

Andrea: PUB is great! Love that workout. Nice job on the extra walk too! You get to be at the beach AND lost 4 lbs? SOOOOOO jealous!!! :p

Nora: Awesome workout last night! You are my hero!!!!!

Debbie - now I remember Cathe posting about the purple potatoes she had in Hawaii. I knew I read that somewhere. I'm just going to throw them on the grill and see what happens.

Andrea - you can find the cardio coach workouts at www.cardiocoach.com. You can use them on pretty much any cardio machine.

Chris - gotta love when sweat flies everywhere!! :D

Roxie - I promise I will work my abs tonight!! Really, I will...

Off to finish my spinach salad....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.