CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR APRIL 14, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning,

DH and I came home back later from Landstuhl yesterday, I was so beat. He just comfirmed everthing the three German doctors said:mad: We were hoping the German doctors were wrong, but they were right! DH needs hip replacement. DH hip bone is rubbing on bone, which is causing all those pain he has been having and he hardly can walk anymore. WTH! We are getting ready to retire and now this...don't get it? DH canceled his hip surgery (he was scheduled for next Monday!), we decited it would be better to get it done in the US! The miltary doctors here in Germany already scheduling his surgery at Walter Reid hospital in DC (military hospital) as soon as we get there and before his is offically retired from the Army (which is not until the end of this year)!

We are having my DH's retirement ceremony this afternoon.

I will try to get a workout in today,not sure what yet?

I will be back later!

DWP and S&H abs (supermans/planks) are done! Off getting ready for the retirement ceremony!

Have a wonderful workout and day, everyone!

Today was my relaxing day. I got up 15 minutes later than usual which is always welcome and I did abs and stretch.

For abs I chose the workout from Kick, Punch & Crunch. I was shocked I was able to do all the pykes on the ball. It's been a long time since I've done this workout.

For stretch I chose Karen Voights Yoga Stretch. Love that one. I feel so good right now. Muscles are relaxed and stretched. Really needed that.

Belinda - I'm sorry to hear about your dh's hip. But honestly, my mom went through 2 hip surgerys in the last 2 years and she is 100% now. The first 6-8 weeks are the worst, but if he makes it a point to move as much as he can, he will be fine. I know it's very upsetting, it was really hard with my mom, but he will be like new when he recovers. Does he have to have both hips done?

Morning! I got my run on today and it was a pretty decent 4.5 miles. Still need to turn off the brain a bit more, but better than the last run so I'll take it. Baby steps, right?

I'm also planning a triset series for shoulders/biceps/triceps later. I'll report back on that tonight or tomorrow!

Oh and last night I did get Core Fusion Pilates Plus done, great core workout (and butt). Felt so good! Was ravenous though - was smelling dinner cooking (thanks to the hubs!) and it was killing me!! LOL

Nora - take care of yourself! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a fall :(

Belinda - I am so sorry about your DH but to Debbie's point, he'll be MUCH Better off. My mother-in-law had knee replacement surgery a year ago and is living a MUCH fuller life now. She's considering having her other knee done which I think would make her life even better.

Debbie - nice workout today. I've not tried that stretch workout yet. I may need to investigate :)

Good Morning,

Tonite if its not raining I will go for a walk and then do Gilads Vol 2 Buttock, Thighs, Chest, Shoulders and tricpes.

Belinda-sorry to hear about DHs hip, my sister in law had hip surgery and she is doing great.

Debbie-sounds like you had a good stretch. I am hoping to get my new KCMs this week and next week I would like to start them but I wanted your opinion on best way to use them I am thinking upper body one day lower body one day total body or bc one day and cardio the rest.

Jess-glad to hear you had a good run.

Today I will hit the gym for upper body.

Debbie - I love the abs from KPC - maybe I'll do that this weekend!

Belinda - sorry to hear about your hubby. I do hope the ceremony goes well today.

Jess - Glad you were able to get out for a run!

Roxie - hope the rain holds off for you. I know we're supposed to be getting some major storms tonight.

Nora - I hope you're ok!!! Hugs!

Chris - DOMS???

Hi Gargoyles! ;)

GORGEOUS day today here! I had to take my kitty to the groomer mid-morning, so I did some abs first (Pilates Based Abs from Abs Circuit) and then dropped Kiwi off, and then for the hour in between I ran at the park! Well, it was for 40 minutes. My legs were still a bit sore from Tuesday, but my music pulled me through the pain! :rolleyes:

It's hard to get DOMS in your back, isn't it? But I definitely have them, triceps are DOMing a bit too, just when I throw them up in the air :p

Belinda: GLad you're waiting for DH's surgery for the states. Sounds like a good plan. What the heck is DWP?

Debbie: Awesome job on those pikes! I love Abs Circuit Stability Ball abs, she gives you breaks in the middle of the different prone exercises and that makes a HUGE difference on my wrists for pikes.

Roxie: Have a nice walk tonight AND enjoy Giliad!

Heather: You'll have to let us know how upper body goes today! Hey.. I ran! :)

Jess: And you ran too! Hi-5's!!! And hi-5's on Core Fusion!!!! good stuff!!!

Nora: You fell in the shower? OMG, I hope you're ok! Do let us know ASAP!

Oh! I had a nice (but short) walk with Buddy this afternoon too!

It IS a gorgeous day here today, isn't it?? Makes me SO SO SO HAPPY!!!
NIce job on that run, it was a perfect day for it. Love it.

I'm getting ready to get my triset workout on - shoulders/bi's/tri's. Slightly scared of the lineup I created for myself. hehe. Will share tomorrow ;-)

Hi Gargoyles! ;)

GORGEOUS day today here! I had to take my kitty to the groomer mid-morning, so I did some abs first (Pilates Based Abs from Abs Circuit) and then dropped Kiwi off, and then for the hour in between I ran at the park! Well, it was for 40 minutes. My legs were still a bit sore from Tuesday, but my music pulled me through the pain! :rolleyes:

It's hard to get DOMS in your back, isn't it? But I definitely have them, triceps are DOMing a bit too, just when I throw them up in the air :p

Belinda: GLad you're waiting for DH's surgery for the states. Sounds like a good plan. What the heck is DWP?

Debbie: Awesome job on those pikes! I love Abs Circuit Stability Ball abs, she gives you breaks in the middle of the different prone exercises and that makes a HUGE difference on my wrists for pikes.

Roxie: Have a nice walk tonight AND enjoy Giliad!

Heather: You'll have to let us know how upper body goes today! Hey.. I ran! :)

Jess: And you ran too! Hi-5's!!! And hi-5's on Core Fusion!!!! good stuff!!!

Nora: You fell in the shower? OMG, I hope you're ok! Do let us know ASAP!

Oh! I had a nice (but short) walk with Buddy this afternoon too!

This weather makes me WAY happy too! I'm in such a good mood, as compared to yesterday when it was raining and cold. WEEEE!!!

Good Afternoon,

I won't be able to walk tonite we are in a tornado watch so probably not a good idea but I am still going to do Gilad unless my new KCMs are here.

Roxie - be careful! tornado watch sounds scary! good luck with gilad.

I wanted to check back in with my shoulder/bicep/tricep workout. It was a goodie!

Biceps/Shoulders/Triceps (all sets done at 15 reps per exercise unless otherwise noted)

Triset #1: barbell curls @25 lbs; tricep dips (body weight); shoulder press – alternating w/dumbells @12.5lbs

Triset #2: hammer curls @17.5 lbs each hand; lying tricep extensions w/barbell @ 20 lbs; front raises w/dumbells @10 lbs

Triset #3: concentration curls @17.5 lbs each hand; tricep pull-downs with stretch band; shoulder press w/barbell @20 lbs

Good Evening,

We had a really bad thunderstorm the lightining was really sharp and the wind blew really hard. I did Gilad Vol 2 Buttocks, Inner Thigh, Tris and Abs but I really didn't get alot of back work, then I did TJ 20 min Cardio Party.

Gilad:
21 min
15 in the zone
126 min hr
168 max hr
118 cals burned.

TJ:
19 min
13 in the zone
140 min hr
165 max hr
128 cals burned.

Jess-awesome workout.

Hi girls!;)

I'm still resting and so extremely sore from falling in the shower yesterday. My entire back, and back of my shoulders are sore, so not fun and the worst part is its not even DOMS from a killer workout either. :( Thank you all for expressing concern, I'm ok just sore as heck.

Belinda- Congrats on your DH's retirement ceremony, have fun and celebrate.;) Nicely done on the DWP and S&H Abs. Nice combination there WTG!!!

Debbie- Awesome for you today abs and stretch, sounds great its a nice way to treat your hard working body. WTG!!;):)

Jessica- Nice job 4.5 mile run in for today, that's awesome WTG girlfriend!;)

Roxie- Hope you have a great workout and if you walk tonight I hope it was a nice walk. WTG!!

Heather- Awesome that you hit the gym for upperbody today. I hope it was a killer workout, knowing you no doubt at all it was. Thanks for the hugs and your concern. ;)

Chris- Yes, I fell in the shower yesterday it was the second time in two weeks. I tilted my head back slightly to rinse off my conditioner and just got dizzy and fell I had no balance at all instantly. Next thing I knew I grabbed the shower curtain as I was falling and had the shower curtain rod hit me in the head as well. It was a weird sensation I like I was falling backwards like off a cliff or something. I had to take a moment to gather my bearings and while in pain try to regain my balance to get up. It was scary! I hope that doesn't happen again. Nice run in the park today and a walk for buddy, sounds like a nice workout for you and buddy. I'm feeling really sore and not moving super fast either. Nothing broken, so that's good. I kind of wonder if I didn't suffer a bit of a concussion. Oh well, that;'s it for me today.

YaY for those of you that got to have great weather and got out and ran outside today. Spring is definitely here, eh? Finally.:p

Have a great night and I'll see ya at tomorrow's check in, hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.