Crazy strong and loving it for March 19, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning,

Will do D30 today!

My legs/butt is soooo sore today:confused:

I will be back with personals! Have a great Friday, everyone!

Good Morning,

For me tonite is EBs Slo-Robics. I think I know why I have been sick alot lately, after reading on myfitnesspal I am not eating enough cals so my body lacks the fuel it needs to sustain me.

Belinda-good job with your workout glad you have finally been able to do STS as much as you have.

TGIF!! Today is my rest day since I ran yesterday. I also did SJP abs after work and stretched.

Belinda - YAY for you and M3.

Roxie - good workout last night. Are you feeling better now?

Jessica - as to the runner's high, I guess the closest thing I've felt is just feeling good after having run. I mean, like after a good cardio session. But never euphoric like I hear some people describe. I have gotten into the groove where I felt like I could run all day (it did end by the way).

Nora - What's on tap for you tonight?

Debbie - how's your rotation coming along? I am trying to decide if another week of Pyramid is what I need or what to do. I'm really at a loss and feel like I'm flailing. Sort of panicked to be honest.

Wendy - how was your ride yesterday???

Chris - what's in store for you today?

TGIF!! Today is my rest day since I ran yesterday. I also did SJP abs after work and stretched.

Belinda - YAY for you and M3.

Roxie - good workout last night. Are you feeling better now?

Jessica - as to the runner's high, I guess the closest thing I've felt is just feeling good after having run. I mean, like after a good cardio session. But never euphoric like I hear some people describe. I have gotten into the groove where I felt like I could run all day (it did end by the way).

Nora - What's on tap for you tonight?

Debbie - how's your rotation coming along? I am trying to decide if another week of Pyramid is what I need or what to do. I'm really at a loss and feel like I'm flailing. Sort of panicked to be honest.

Wendy - how was your ride yesterday???

Chris - what's in store for you today?

Heather-still fight the dizziness at night but its not as bad doesn't keep me awake.

I had a ROUGH start to the morning. Was going to get up to go to Ride at my gym but was beat and could NOT face a spin class today for some reason. I chose to listen to my body, went back to sleep for about 30 mins and then did HiiT pyramid followed by STS Ab Circuit - pilates inspired abs. It was all I could muster today! But it hit the spot (haha no pun intended!).

BUT I managed to fit in an AWESOME run last night which I loved! It was so gorgeous out I couldn't imagine NOT doing something active after work (even though I'd done Kick in the AM). I ran with my sis for about 45 mins on a nice, flat route that took us by the water near her place. Gorgeous. Perfect way to end the day!

Cheers everyone, weekend is almost here!!

I love how you listened to your body and chose HIIT!!! LOL ;) I knew you'd fit right in with this group!

I had a ROUGH start to the morning. Was going to get up to go to Ride at my gym but was beat and could NOT face a spin class today for some reason. I chose to listen to my body, went back to sleep for about 30 mins and then did HiiT pyramid followed by STS Ab Circuit - pilates inspired abs. It was all I could muster today! But it hit the spot (haha no pun intended!).

BUT I managed to fit in an AWESOME run last night which I loved! It was so gorgeous out I couldn't imagine NOT doing something active after work (even though I'd done Kick in the AM). I ran with my sis for about 45 mins on a nice, flat route that took us by the water near her place. Gorgeous. Perfect way to end the day!

Cheers everyone, weekend is almost here!!

LOLOL Heather you are cracking me up right now. I re-read that statement of mine and I guess you're right, kind of a crazy thing to say, as if HiiT were 'easy' or something! I guess I was just drawn to it since it was only 30 mins vs. 60 mins ;) hehe.

REALLY quick, but I'll BBL:

Instead of a run, which i've done twice this week, I did Step Moves. Forgetabout that triple run over the step. I need to work on it. Grrrr!.... But it was fun. And then I did S&H Triceps ...shakIN!!!!.... and the abs, since I have little time tomorrow. If I'm lucky I'll get S&H Biceps in for tomorrow, busier day than usual.

Oh, and DOMS are in DA HOUSE! my chest is really sore today! Finally this week!

I will BBL!!

P.S. That's how I felt about running yesterday too, Jessica! Had to do it, it was so nice out. You live around Boston? I'm in Western MA, outside of Springfield! small world.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in forever and lurk every now and again, but I missed you guys and had to say hi! I hope you're all doing well- looks like you guys are as dedicated as ever. :) It looks like all of the original posters are still here and Jessica is now here too. Jessica, I think I saw you at the RT this past summer. I think we rode the shuttle to the airport together- I am tall (very) and blond. Anyway, HI! :D

Things are good here- kids are now 4 and 3 years old and into everything. I am now in a diaper free house so that's a relief. Workouts have been good. Jeff and I are doing STS together at the moment- we just finished Meso 1 this morning and I am so excited to get to Meso 2. I slacked off a bit this winter, mostly in the nutrition department. :eek: So I'm watching that closely again in time for summer- plus, I miss my favorite pair of jeans. We WILL be reunited soon. :eek:

Anyway, just a quick hello- so nice to see all of you over here.

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Wasn't in the mood at all to do cardio, TTOM and I have a headache. But I made myself get dressed and get moving. Glad I did. However, I didn't do the last 2 combo's because of two interruptions during my workout. Still had great numbers.

HR STATS:
57 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
449 calories burned.

Going to my moms for lunch. She's making French onion soup and tuna salad. :eek:

Don't have time for all personals, but:

Heather - I'm loving this rotation so far. I'm so sore, it isn't even funny. Maybe try it?

Roxie - EAT GIRL!!!

Great to hear from you Patti!!! Missed my rotation buddy.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in forever and lurk every now and again, but I missed you guys and had to say hi! I hope you're all doing well- looks like you guys are as dedicated as ever. :) It looks like all of the original posters are still here and Jessica is now here too. Jessica, I think I saw you at the RT this past summer. I think we rode the shuttle to the airport together- I am tall (very) and blond. Anyway, HI! :D

Things are good here- kids are now 4 and 3 years old and into everything. I am now in a diaper free house so that's a relief. Workouts have been good. Jeff and I are doing STS together at the moment- we just finished Meso 1 this morning and I am so excited to get to Meso 2. I slacked off a bit this winter, mostly in the nutrition department. :eek: So I'm watching that closely again in time for summer- plus, I miss my favorite pair of jeans. We WILL be reunited soon. :eek:

Anyway, just a quick hello- so nice to see all of you over here.

Not a shabby workout for someone who didn't want to mess with it today! Good for you. I need to look at your rotation again more closely. I don't have the squat rack capability yet. Although, DH has started doing weights this week so we'll HAVE to get heavier weights soon.

I must say that I'm enjoying not being tied to watching a DVD right now. I've been doing pyramid just going off a workout sheet. THat's the only thing holding me back from starting STS again to be honest. I just don't want to lose the gains I made during that Total Body Training rotation we just finished up. I made some great upper body gains. Maybe I can just do M2 & M3 using the cards and find different leg workouts to do???? Thoughts on that?

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Wasn't in the mood at all to do cardio, TTOM and I have a headache. But I made myself get dressed and get moving. Glad I did. However, I didn't do the last 2 combo's because of two interruptions during my workout. Still had great numbers.

HR STATS:
57 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
449 calories burned.

Going to my moms for lunch. She's making French onion soup and tuna salad. :eek:

Heather - I'm loving this rotation so far. I'm so sore, it isn't even funny. Maybe try it?

Roxie - EAT GIRL!!!

Ok, the reason I ran yesterday was b/c we were supposed to be doing a co-worker bday lunch thing today. The temps are warmer and it's sunny again and supposed to be super crappy this weekend. So now I want to run today. I must be talked off the ledge b/c it's supposed to be a rest day. Ugh. Stupid weather.

HR STATS:
57 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
449 calories burned.

Roxie - EAT GIRL!!!

Debbie-hope the headache goes away soon. I don't remember seeing any abs this week in your posts.

Hi Heather! What cool rotation were you doing? UB strength gains sound interesting...and I miss rotations with you too. I went off DVDs for a few months and really enjoyed just blasting music and going at my own pace, especially for lower body. I just squat slower than Cathe. :)

Debbie shared a Total Body Training Rotation with me that we started together. It was an 8-wk rotation. I'll definitely repeat it at some point. Basically you lift 3 days a week, working each muscle group with one exercise. But each day you use a different exercise and rep pattern. Really cool.

I have gotten away from DVDs too. I wrote out all the exercises for S&H and Pyramid and do those without the DVD and just turn on my tunes. I actually found that my form improved b/c I wasn't focused on Cathe but rather on myself. I took them to the gym sometimes as well.

Hi Heather! What cool rotation were you doing? UB strength gains sound interesting...and I miss rotations with you too. I went off DVDs for a few months and really enjoyed just blasting music and going at my own pace, especially for lower body. I just squat slower than Cathe. :)

Heather: Well, I'd say you found a more than adequate rotation replacement buddy! :D Glad you had fun with it- that rotation does sound cool. Good idea to just use the print outs, too. I bought the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises not too long ago and there are a few great ideas/workout in there, too.

If anyone is on Facebook, feel free to friend me or PM me if you don't know my last name. :p I do most of my computer time over there now. As much as I loved the check ins, I found myself spending too much time on the computer and this site especially. Plus, the negativity over on OD used to annoy me and I didn't have the willpower not to read it.

Later everyone!

I'm on FB too so you can friend me and we can keep up!

Heather: Well, I'd say you found a more than adequate rotation replacement buddy! :D Glad you had fun with it- that rotation does sound cool. Good idea to just use the print outs, too. I bought the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises not too long ago and there are a few great ideas/workout in there, too.

If anyone is on Facebook, feel free to friend me or PM me if you don't know my last name. :p I do most of my computer time over there now. As much as I loved the check ins, I found myself spending too much time on the computer and this site especially. Plus, the negativity over on OD used to annoy me and I didn't have the willpower not to read it.

Later everyone!

Patti!!!

So good to see you here! I often think about you and how you're doing, and miss your great recipes! I'll PM you with my Facebook name , I tend to spend some (too much) time on there..LOL!

Wendy: Nice job on the entire B&G yesterday! You must be walking funny today!! .. And yes, I most definitely get that runners high! It's better than drugs, (from what I remember from college days)

Belinda: NICE job today on STS. Still loving Meso 3?

Roxie: Wow, I can honestly say I have NEVER had an issue with eating too little. I love food too much. it's sad. So no advice here, but to "EAT PAPA EAT!" (as quoted by Mrs. Santa to Santa Claus). Enjoy your workout tonight!

Debbie: good for you for getting that kickboxing workout done in spite of how crappy you feel.! I love my mom's tuna, she always makes if for me when I come over for lunch. Enjoy!

Heather: Ah! I do know that feel of wanting to run on a beautiful day! I won't today, I have way too much to do. Maybe you could just do a 20 minute quickie? I think that still qualifies as a rest!

Nora: I know that move you speak of on Athletic Step. The skip across. I initially felt like I was going to fall, but then suddenly, I "got" it. I was able to do it in a way that didn't feel "trippy" to me. Now to get that damn triple run over the step on Step Moves!

Jessica: That must be hard to teach a class and feel like you want to poop out at the end!! Good for you for getting through it!!!

Last edited:
Hallo girls,

I had a late start today. I just got done with my workout! Today wasn't my day, had a hard time getting them weights up today. Not sure why? I am very tired today. Should have taking a rest day today. I almost forgot, I did Abs from Ab Hit" Leaner legs/ Kickbox planks" 14.3 min.

Here is what I did:

Warm up : 2 sets 15 reps/12 reps

Standing BB front presses/45#
BB curls/50#
Flat bench tricep extensions/37#

Seated lateral raises/ 13#
Incline curls on the ball/20#
Seated overhead extensions/20#

Seated rear delts /13#
Seated Concentraion curls/21#
Cross body kickbacks/16#

I will be back later! Need to eat dinner

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.