Cranky, carby & cry-y

pjlippert

Cathlete
It CANNOT just be me.... anybody else out there becomes all cranky, carb-crazy and cryee (sniffle up at the drop of a hat).... sooo annoying!! NO amount of carbs seems to curb my craving!! Okay, so at 44 I am totally used to the cranky and whiney thing... but the carb thing?!?! Whatsup?? I have officially lost 10% of my bodyweight - could THAT have anything to do with it??!?!?! PLUS, due to the fact I haven't been able to workout hard due to PT and recovery... maybe my body is rebelling??

Help, sisters!

Pam

Have you tried cutting carbs severely to avoid the ups and downs and try to level out your blood sugar/insulin?

And when's the last time you had your blood work done? Could be all kinds of things: vit D, thryoid, b vitamins, hormones. Could be SADD.

I was feeling the same way and went to my doctor finally - saying 'something's just not right" - turns out I was low in Vit D and iron. And my back was giving me trouble so I wasn't sleeping well. This all led to a sad, irritable, carb craving, exhausted mess.

I'm taking supplements now, found a better sleeping arrangement, switched to a low carb diet and I'm feeling much more stable.

Oh yeah- I forgot to mention- it's the week before Aunt Flo arrives, it just seems more intense this month. I did have blood work done late last year and all was fine. I agree that cutting way down on my carbs will probably help. Gotta get back into my healthy routine as well.

Thanks for the advice!
Pam

If you are having carb cravings you might try some gymnema sylvestre (Nature's way is a good brand.) It will kill any carb craving pretty quick. It can bring your sugar down so be sure to take it with food and drink plenty of water. It works great at killing yeast infections too.

Alisha

Carbs make you crave carbs. You've gotta get a handle on that. And you're PMSing. Limit your carbs to good carbs like fruit, veggies, sweet potatoe, etc. Leave the bread, crackers, cookies and candy alone. Drink plenty of water. Stop eating after dinner and get yourself plenty of rest. You'll be better in a few days. I'm sure of it.

Cranky, Whiney and Crying at the drop of a hat!!! I know that all to well. 46 years old and nothing is helping.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.