Core Max

Yes, Core Max is 3 ab workouts.

one uses no equipment
one uses a stability ball
one uses a stability ball and an 8lb weighted ball

Kathy

There is a small amount of lower back work as a warm-up, and some planks for the entire core in the first workout, but it's pretty much abs-only (rather than an actual, complet "core" workout).

Core Max is mostly abs, like Kathryn said. It's awesome that there are 3 complete workouts on one DVD. I especially like segment 3 with the toning ball---a great way to add resistance to your abs workout. I have yet to (come far, yet alone come close to) master the stability ball workout section, but they're great! I love how segment 1 really works the abs through high reps and with little rest periods in between excercises.

Leslie L.

I agree, this is an awesome workout and extremely challenging, i.e., knee roll ins, pikes. I had DOMS of my abs after trying knee roll ins the first time and it lasted three days.

If I already have Ab Hits, IS series, and MM (as well as other core & Pilates vidoes), do I really need Core Max? Don't get me wrong: I'm ALWAYS ready and willing to buy another video if I can afford it, but I just want to make sure that I'd be getting something new that I don't already have.

For those of you who DO have Core Max, what would you suggest??

You don't need it. I haven't found anything about the Core Max workouts that you can't get from Cathe's other abs workouts. Put PUB abs and Bootcamp core premix together, and you have a Core Max workout!

PennyLaney

I personally do not own Ab Hits, but I very much enjoy Core Max. I find it to be quite challenging, but very effective (like most of Cathe's workouts!). Based upon some of the other posts, I was also inspired to try some of the pre-mixes on this tape, and they were also fun. The one I tried was the "Hard Core" premix (18-min duration). Talk about a killer!!

I think that variety in any workout is always good. Sounds like it's worthwhile to have both Ab Hits & Core Max in the library.

Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX

Picture Trail URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fitgirl-atx

"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.