Coolers.....Wacky Weekend

Just starting us out! I think I caught up with everyone yesterday. :p Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned! :)

Patrcia...Where are you?!?!????? :confused::confused:

Good Weekend Coolers

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Things are crazy at work and its only going to get worse for the next few months.:mad::mad: I've been keeping up with the X. Just finished Kenpo - I like that w/o.:D

Most evenings we've been outside after dinner playing street hockey with the other kids on the block along with Ring around the Rosie and Duck Duck Goose:rolleyes:

Off to give DS and snack and go outside to play as its a BEAUTIFUL day here in the Blue Sky Region of the North!:)

Have to stay close to home today as we're waiting for a new dryer to be delivered anytime between 9-5. Hope to get to the cottage if it arrives at a decent hour today.

I think with the hours I'm anticipating I may have to put in at work I'll probably just quickly check in and keep up with personals if I can.

Have a great weekend Cooelrs.

Morning,
Not sure what workout I'll do here in a bit. Hmmmm, I really need to pick a new rotation and stick with it.

BBL,

Good Afternoon Ladies,

We're still in the car driving to State College since I fell asleep before the debates started!!! I did wake up in the middle of the night to watch the replay.

BTW... The countryside is beautiful! We're about to drive next to the mountain. Hope I don't lose internet connection.

Patricia... Life does get busy at times. Hopefully, this will be a short season for you. Good for you with sticking with the X!

Debra... How'd you do on your test? Got an A again?

Jeanette... Have you decided which rotation you'll be doing? I haven't decided what I'll be doing this week. All I know is that it'll be light to moderate weights. I had Phil pack them up in the car for me along with half of my dvds. I want to be good and sore for my massage on Tuesday.:D

I haven't gone back to read personals from this week yet. I'll try to catch up more this weekend. I've got a cheesecake to bake tonight for youngest ds' birthday. And, I want to get a full body workout in this afternoon. I best check out all the dvds I did bring and figure out a rotation for this week.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi, I'm back,
Started out my workout with Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio, hi-lo aerobics, but more steady state. I did 2 combos, then repeated them. Very fun! After that, I switched to the Push/Pull upper body premix from Muscle Max, tacking on the core/abs at the end. I could not do the hip lifts as it hurt my lower back/left hip. I just modified to something else.

Had fun playing golf last night with 2 other gals. Had some Mike's Hard Lemonade to start her off. My turn to buy/bring next Tuesday. Got to be something we can carry on our cart as we're walking the 9 holes. My putting was good, though the driving went right on about everything. Can't seem to get all facets working at the same time. That's golf I guess.

Need to go take a shower, then start some housework.

Wendy, mmmmm, cheesecake! Have a piece for me, okay? I did a big MyChelle order this morning as I'm getting a bit low. I haven't decided the rotation that I'll do yet. Thinking of a Slow/Heavy type as it's been a while for me.

Patricia, some days, I think Ring Around the Rosie would be a good workout for me. Awww, you're building memories. I remember playing all those games in my youth. Good memories. Enjoy the nice weather and time at the cottage.

Kim, does the job you are interviewing for pay more? Is it with the government too?

Laurie, have fun shopping! I dislike the genie hops too. They go on and on. What color will the cocktail dress be?

Debra, have fun bowling tonite. So sorry that life has been so busy for you. Hang in there. Hoping that the antique faire has good weather.

Must go now,

No workout for me today, it was a rest day on the schedule and I decided to follow Cathe's advice.;) I work up really early this morning and couldn't sleep, ended up watching the P90X informercial and Tony almost had me convinced me to do another round of the X. But then I realized that it's only 10 weeks till our cruise and then Christmas so not enough time so will stick with Cathe rotations.LOL

Jeanette Have you given up on the September rotation??
The new position would be government also. All healthcare positions are government, I'm assuming it's higher pay but will ask. It's a brand new program they are implementing which case coordinates high risk seniors through all levels of care (home care, outpatient programs or inpatient hospital care, etc) It's to help coordinate all the different programs available for seniors, I have really very little info on it yet but will ask lots of questions.

Wendy Don't you love the fall time scenery. You should hear the Canadian geese, they are so loud that even with the windows close they wake you up. At these time of the year during dusk/dawn they are so loud that they are just constant background noise. Hundreds of them circling the skiies.
It is a truly magnificent sight. I'm sure that's what woke me this morning.

Have a good trip! Do you have a school holiday?

Patricia Good for you for sticking with the X when you so busy! The street hockey and games sound like fun!

Debra Hope life slows down a bit for you!

Kim

Good Evening Ladies,

I just finished ME timesaver premix. OMW! I totally forgot the glute raises!!!:eek: How could I forget those!:eek: Has it been that long?!?!? In the interest of my rotator cuffs, I skipped the push-ups. But, I did all the chest presses and shoulder work without any pain.:):):) I also skipped the abs since I don't have a medicine ball. Honestly, I skipped them because Phil came back with some Coronas. :D:D:D Oh! I'll get an ab segment of sumtum, sumtum tomorrow.:p

Jeanette... Oh! How I wish I could join you on a S&H rotation. I'll have to join you another time. I was going to place an order for MyChelle, but I had to place an order with the Apple Store for ds' birthday present. He picked the ipod 16 gig nano in red. He decided to get it online since the Apple Store offers free laser engraving.... And, he had to engrave a message on the back telling his brother to keep off! LOL Wait! Are your hips still causing you grief? Have you seen a doctor or PT about it? OMW! I LOVE Mikes Hard Lemonaide!!!! YUM!!!! So, it's your turn to buy? I'll have a beer!:D;) The cheesecake is cooling in the oven. I haven't checked to see if it cracked or not. I'll wait till it's hour of cooling is over before I check... I'll have had a couple of beers by then.:D

Kim... LOLOLOL Phil and I do the same thing too!!!! We LOVE watching Tony sell the X!!!! There is NOT enough time. STS will be here for all of us to bring on the pain come Christmas. Fall is so beautiful!!! I bet it's spectacular up your way too!!! I think some of your geese have a layover at my friend's pond. They are mean and loud birds!!!! Pretty to watch from a distance though. Thankfully, they stay on the itty, bitty land mound in the middle of the pond and don't bother the girls. You'll have to take a picture of it. I bet the geese are just as spectacular as the blackbirds that converge on my black walnut tree every fall and spring. They actually make my tree look like it has leaves!!!

Patricia... Did your dryer get delivered early enough to drag to the cottage? How's the cottage coming along? Will it be finished in time for a Cooler Retreat?;)

I haven't decided what I'll do tomorrow. Maybe Bootcamp? My friend converted his walkout basement into a 1 bedroom apartment. It is cozy and exquistely remodeled... thanks to the decorator, me! :D;)The downstairs renters will surely LOVE me by the end of the week!!! :D:D:D:D

Sweet Dreams!!!!
Wendy

Hi,
I'm off for my group bike ride. No wind (currently) and beautiful morning out there. Plan on coming home afterwards, maybe a wee catnap, then hoping DH will accompany me to the golf course.

Oh yes, yesterday afternoon, DH and I loaded the ice chest, dogs, chair, magazine, etc. into the Jeep and headed for the woods. We had a nice time. Then went to leave and I turned the key and click, click, click. Wouldn't start. Good thing we were within cell range. Called one of our DS's and he was out of state doing something else. Called my BIL and he came and gave us a jump. Not sure if it's the battery or alternator. It did start this morning so not sure.

Kim, oops, I forgot about the September rotation. Think I got off (if I even started it, what an airhead I am) when I was on vacation. Hmmm, the new position sounds interesting. Well, with a new position, you kind of get to design it yourself sometimes, which can be nice.

Wendy, LOL re: "I'll have a beer!" You crack me up! How did the CC turn out? WTG on modifying the shoulder and chest work. I find myself doing that on hi-impact cardio too. After a while, my toes get a numb spot underneath them, usually after the 35-45 minute mark. Is ME the only one that has the glute raises in it? Or am I thinking L&G does too? I'm needing to buy an MP3 player but don't want to pay a bunch for it. Have to research... My hip feels pretty good this morning. Maybe it's just old age? The stretching can't hurt it anyway as I really don't stretch so hard that I go to far with it. I should get out "Tragically Hips" soon. Maybe tomorrow as Monday is my usual rest day.

Must go load my bike in the car (take out the golf clubs and cart first), sheesh.

Later,

Afternoon Coolers

Back from a 24hr stay at the cottage. The drive was lovely due to the fall colours. We insulated the cottage so with the wood stove and some electric heaters through out we were quite comfortable. Will be locking it up mid-Oct.

When we were walking up the steep hill from the boat we could tell someone had been there plus we left one of the french doors unlocked by mistake as it was open but thank goodness the screen door was closed. Its a door that leads out to a future deck so you would need a ladder to get to it. Anyhow, there was a business card taped to the door from a process server for me. Wants to deliver some legal documents that were not properly dropped off before about this whole access road thing. Anyhow, if they want to serve me they can find me on their own.:(:(

Netta - love Mike's. That's pretty much all I drink these days or Woody's. Do you have those down there? Grr on the Jeep not starting. I bet you're glad you were able to call out! Hope it's not the alternator as I personally know thats about $400 bucks:mad: That reminds me when I got home from picking up my car at the mechanics there was a ski doo helmet in the back seat. I presumed DH knew about it but he says he doesn't know anything about it. I've been meaning to call the mechanic to see if it's his and if so what the heck is it doing in my car. Maybe he really didn't need an extra day to fix my car, maybe he drove it somewhere....

Kim - I know the Cdn geese are a pain in the butt but never knew about their noise. I guess they must congregate alot by you? How long until you find out about the job? Are you doing Cathe's Oct. rotation this month? I can't believe Sept is pretty much over.:mad: I swear last week was so sunny and warm here I though summer had finally arrived, after I packed up all my summer clothes:confused:

Wendy - don't have ME but lets just say hiking up and down our hill at the cottage loading up the boat on Sat. my glutes were reminding me what I had put them thru the last few days with the X:):) Its funny as my chiropractor has done the X. He tried to get his wife to do it with him but she wasn't into it. I wonder if he went home & told her he had a new female patient doing it so why couldn't she?:D:D I swear by Burn it Up for travelling as you don't need any weights. Well, DH finally installed a bathroom sink today but it LEAKED:mad::mad: I think we have one more summer of indoor work like wood flooring then kitchen cabinets (not necessarily in that order) then it would be ready for PARTY TIME.

Hope all is well with everyone else

Off to have a shower.

A little before 10:30, I finished IMax2 1-5 premix plus C&W ab segment and both stretches. I need to buy a stablity ball for here. I might pick up a cheap barbell set from Walmart too. Heck, I should get another barbell set for home since mine weighs over 15 pounds!!!!

Patricia... Oh. The legal papers doesn't sound good. Did you contact a lawyer about the access road yet? Yes, I'd say all that walking/climbing counts as glute raises. Talk to me about Burn It Up. Who makes it? I think you've told me about it before. I just can't remember at this time of night.

Jeanette... How was your ride? Were you able to get a nap this afternoon? I can't remember if L&G has glute raises in it. I wanted to do it tonight; but, couldn't since I don't have a stability ball here. My middle son hates iPods. He prefers Zune. I went with an iPod classic since I wanted to use it for massage and for the highly anticipated Cathe mp4 workouts. I use the older edition shuffle for cardio coach workouts. Oh! The cheesecake didn't have a single crack. I took a picture of it too. LOL Ds was so happy I made it for his birthday.

Phil made it home safely. Somehow snuggling up with Baby isn't the same. LOL I'm going to play for a bit before falling asleep.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.