Coolers Friday ~Happy Birthday Wendy!!!!

Happy Birthday Wendy!!!!! :p:):p:)

Hope you have a great day! Make sure that Phil pays lots of attention to you tonight...and drink that wine I left for you guys! :cool:

How old are you anyway??? 30??? :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Wendy!!!
23_29_122.gif
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

My workout this morning was 3 combos from Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Dome, then abs from Cardio & Weights.

Debra, I thought of you this morning as the Golf Channel is televising a tournament from Greensboro. The home of the international airport. :p

Have a busy day at work today. Hope it flies by!:D

Are you people trying to age me?!?!?!?:p My birthday isn't till tomorrow!:eek:

Thanks for the early birthday wishes. MIL took me out for dinner last night. Shrimp scampi. YUM!!!

On my way home right now. I'm making a pit stop for massage supplies along the way.

Debra: Haven't you heard a word Jeanette's been saying?!?! I'm 20!!!:cool:

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!

Wendy

Okay, have my coffee, in my pj's and it's the first day off out of 19! Time to relax and catch up with personals. Did everyone see the STS clips?? What did you think??

Wendy/Debra I had a look at both your vacation pics! Looks like you had so much fun!! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy What exciting things are you doing to celebrate your birthday? Way to go on another A!! Sounds like the physio is coming along very well! I agree with you on some of your sts thoughts. I really get too bulky looking easily, if I stick to more cardio etc I look much leaner/fitter. But I like the weights.

Jeanette- Okay, you're probably way ahead of me on the Aug rotation now. This week didn't work out so well, just going to pick up where I stopped. So plan to do LowMax instead of the walk/run intervals since my tm is stored away. What a busy weekend you have planned but at least it's busy with fun stuff!! Any DOMS from GS BSB today??

That's cute about your grandma. I remember my grandma saying she couldn't understand why none of 4 dds were getting grey hair ;) They told her they dyed their hair and she wouldn't believe them, she was pretty naive.

Oh, I see that you watched the STS clips, it looked hard and a little less choreographed than her other weight workouts. I didn't watch the whole thing because it was late. I can't believe you worked out from 3-4am! What time would you get up??

Ds's surgery is on the 27th of August so a few days yet.

Laurie Yum, I love maragaritas! DS and DH want to see the mummy movie but haven't yet. You obviously did a great job of keeping the communication open with your dd that she is able to confide in you.

Debra- Did you buy anything when out antiquing or do you just browse. How are the DOMS today? I didn't have to deal with the Greyhound bus guy, my coworker got the short straw for that one.

Patricia I sure hope you're feeling better soon, it hasn't been a great summer for you, has it. Sorry to hear about DH's greatuncle, hope everything goes okay at the funeral.

Tracy WTG on sticking to the + rotation!

Hmm, my first day of vacation will be talking to the vet, major cleaning of the pool, cupboard cleaning, LowMax, watching some Olympics and then we will probably do something fun this evening.

We're not going anywhere for these holidays, we went away in June and have a cruise booked for December. DH and I each took 2 weeks off but only overlapped them by one week. Just to make less daycare for the kids. We have dd's birthday sleepover, ds's surgery, new carpet to come sometime :mad: which will be lots of work with furniture reorganizing, some other home projects so just really some catch up time. I'm sure we'll do some fun day trips!

Kim

Morning Coolers,

Happy Birthday Wendy!

Todays workout was 4DS Shoulders/Calves/Abs and 4DS Biceps & Triceps.

Have a bunch of errands to run tonight, so will be busy until my head hits the pillow. I'm now on the official countdown of faire. I will be so happy to actually sleep late on a Saturday morning. Of course you know that Cami will be my alarm clock, or oldest DD will have to get up for a XCountry meet. :rolleyes:

Jeanette, Your workout looks like a good combo. :) Oh I could never talk to my DM about that kind of thing either. Must be that generational thing. I just never wanted my DD's to endure the crap I went through. Your evening was a busy one, I'm tired just reading it. Dang you had some high temps. No wonder you needed a nap! :) I think this whole summer we have only had a few days that where in the 90's. I can't complain about the weather we have had.

Debra, Hope you are feeling less beat up today. Did the Diva sleep in her room? I found my youngest on the couch this morning. Here I am turning on the lights, talking to the dog and wondering why the dog is downstairs by the couch. I go to sit down to put my shoes on, and there she is sleeping. Of course this one could sleep through a hurricane, so she didn't even wake up. :) I'm thinking our house guest was taking over the bed. :)

Wendy, Now you have made me curious about the squash and pork on the grill. :) I'm again the only person in our house that will eat the squash. What am I to do with this family. :( DH told me this morning that he has lost some weight, because he is eating better. And of course he said that he should probably exercise (in his usual joking manner). I'm going to try getting him out on his bike this fall.

Kim, Wise decision on the extra cost for Bandit. Making that type of decision is very hard if you have to make it. 19 days off of work sounds like something that I need to do. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning All:

The funeral was quick and it was nice to chat with family. Had to rehearse the names before hand as I only see these people once every year or two;) I bought a new DVD (Stargate - Continuum) last night so watched that instead of any w/o. I'm feeling better but by 8pm when I usually w/o I just don't have any steam. Maybe will w/o tonight after work rather than eat dinner with the family while I'm still full of energy.

Kim - Its never easy taking a pet to the vet and trying to decide how much $$ to spend. Our last few cats we seemed to keep spending $$ on them and they never got better. I think age plays a big factor when making these decisions. Last fall I put down our Manx but still have another cat. I saw an advert. this week for Manx kittens and told DH so maybe getting a new kitten shortly.:D Kind of want a new kitten but worried about the leather furniture we bought last year and claws.:( Hope you have a great 2 week vacation. The more time off I have the more $$ I spend.

Wendy - way to go on the A and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY. Are you looking forward to picking up the girls?

Debra - glad to see you're getting back in to working out. My body just feels like such a soft blob after this 3 week break.

Jeanette - good to hear you love your haircut. I had a perm booked for yesterday but had to cancel so re-scheduled for Sat. Just a body perm but always like a few days to hide-out in case it goes bad. I wonder if you still have to wait 48hrs b/4 washing your hair? Have fun golfing and cycling this weekend. Don't work too hard around the house is my motto.:D

Laurie - Don't you just appreciate those Sat. lie-ins? I always have a hard time getting motivated to get out of bed on weekends if I don't have anything scheduled. I guess with kid(s) finding motivation isn't any trouble anymore. Is this your last weeknd of fairre?

Pretty quiet at work today. My boss is off on 2 weeks vacation - yeah. May be able to duck out of work early today. Fingers x-d.

Oops!

Dearest Wendy...
Sorry I shouted out the bday greetings a day early! I thought today was the 16th!!! :eek: Okay, so I haven't adjusted to using a calendar yet! LOL! Anyhoo, have a great day...Nice of your MIL to take you out last night. Dinner sounds yummy. I guess we will keep listening to Jeanette and keep your secret that you had Luke as a baby...LOL!! The tabloids would have a field day with that...lol. Happy day today...and tomorrow to you!!!! :)

Good morning all!!!!! Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I got up when CBL left for work to post about Wendy's bday (incorrect day, of course) and then went back to bed....I had the weirdest dream after that....All of us (the Coolers) were together somewhere and some of us were getting ice cream and the others were being all high and mighty because they weren't....LOL! Don't remember who was in which group! :rolleyes:

It was good I took a rest day yesterday...I feel much better today...and I had lots of sleep last night which really helped too. I have on my workout clothes...which the Diva had to note this morning...'Why do you have on your workout clothes in the morning???' But I am still not telling what I am planning on doing since that tends to jinx things. :eek:

personals.......

Patricia...
Hope your fatigue eases up a bit...I certainly know how you feel. I went through a bad stretch of that a few months ago...It seems to have cleared up for the most part now, though. I'm glad the funeral wasn't too traumatic or filled with drama. A possible new kitten?? How fun!! :D I have promised the diva that we will either get a new puppy or a kitten after we sell this house...don't want to deal with a baby animal while trying to sell a house at the same time!

Laurie...
Sounds like you had a great weight workout this morning. I bet your calves will be feeling it in the morning!! ;) Funny about DD sleeping on the sofa...and sweet Cami keeping guard! I can't believe that you are the only one in the house that eats squash! We have either yellow squash or zucchini at least once a week. DD loves it! I am sure you will be glad when the faire is done for the season. I know it is fun, but it will be nice to have a little more time on the weekends. At least you haven't had super hot weather for the season. :)

Kim....
Sorry about the whole Bandit situation....It is so hard when your pets get old. A whole 19 days off?!? Yipee!! Is poor DS dreading his upcoming surgery?? It just doesn't sound like any fun to me...poor guy! :( Glad you didn't get the creep from the bus incident. How scary! We ended up not antiquing at all...just went to a few stores...We had to get a baby gift for a shower we are going to this weekend...and then had some lunch...and then off to World Market...then I was read for a nap...LOL! Have fun while you are on vacation...Make it last! :D

Jeanette....
"International Airport"....what a joke..LOL! :rolleyes: I forgot about that tournament....they have it here every year....Maybe next year you can come visit and go!!!!! :) So glad you are feeling so youthful with your new 'do!!! I bet your hands are hurting after all that shoveling...I guess that means you'll have to take a few days off from the manual labor so that they can heal...darn, I know you were hoping to help DH with the patio project. :rolleyes: Sounds like you had a busy and productive night last night, little grasshopper! Good luck with the gold panning this weekend...I hope DH finds a HUGE nugget! :cool:

Well...that does it for me now....my Diva is begging for some breakfast...it's only 12, what the heck is her problem??? LOL! :eek: Hope everyone has a great day...back later if I get a chance. CBL and I are gong out to dinner tonight since the Diva is staying at Nana's house.

Good News!
The vet called, Bandit's blood work is improving, she doesn't know why or what caused the problem but it's getting better. We would have more answers if we did more testing. Otherwise her red blood count is still below normal but much better and she's acting fine. So we will keep her on the meds for 1 month and then take her back. She's like a cat with 9 lives, twice this month I've prepared the kids that I think it's the end, ds is very very attached and both times she's gone from death's door to almost normal the next day. He's never going to believe me when she really does die. Anyways, a nice relief for today.

LowMax done, I forgot what a killer workout that is. Pool nice and clean. Going to to shower, and eat.

Kim

Debra - I had better have been in the group getting the ice cream. :eek::eek: You wouldn't like me very much after seeing my reaction if I wasn't.:mad: LOL

Workout done!

Patricia...
I am sure you were in the group eating the ice cream!!! :)

Kim...
So glad that Bandit is on the mend, yet once again!! You just never know with older pets...but it sounds like good news at least for now.

I did get a workout done today....WooHoo!! :cool: I ended up doing a mish mash of leg work from BG and LG....nothing that required squats or lunges as my tender buttocks can't take that yet...LOL! Mostly some floor work with ankle weights, plus calf work and firewalkers. :eek: I also did the stability ball workout on BG...so I feel like I got my money's worth on my time spent today....all in all it took me about an hour to do. We'll see how the butt/hammie is tomorrow. I didn't feel any pain during my workout...and I really tried to be careful, so hopefully, I won't have reinjured myself. :confused:

Okay...that's it for me now...I may stop by later to check on you ladies...Have a great afternoon!!

Debra! Did you let Stacy play on OD??!?!?:eek::D Who was supposed to watch her this month?

I finally made it home. Thought my car was going to stall out on me a couple of times. But, that didn't stop me from shopping on my way home.

I bought two face cradle covers, a lambs wool cushion for the massage table, a belt to hold my oils/creams, and a plastic contraption for Phil to use on my knots.:)

Now, I'm waiting for my hair to finish processing before I get ready for class. I did it all on my own with a different mix. I'm almost positive my hair won't turn red.;)

Off to read. BBL or tonight for personals.

Mwah!!!
Wendy

new pics

Back again....I got a few really cute shots of the doodle, the Diva and the Tick for those of you who are interested.... I have had some Tick picture requests...so here they are!!! :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Evening,
Sitting outside here with DH. It's finally cooling down. We are just bike riding tomorrow, but not golfing as we couldn't get a tee time until 12:30. By then it will be sooooo hot and it would put me too late getting back to gold pan with DH. We should start our bike ride around 7:30 so will be done before noon I think. Should be fun. Will golf on Sunday night instead, after it cools off a bit. Maybe DH will come with me and he can drive the cart.

Had bad news at work today, a volunteer for the religious program was killed on his motorcycle last night. He hit a deer on the highway while coming to our prison. Very sad. He was so dedicated to helping the inmates at this prison and the high security prison next door to ours.

Debra, loved the pictures of Polly and the Tick. I showed them to DH and he enjoyed them. I'd love to have a dog like Polly someday. She's got a great personality. Great leg workout for you today. I like firewalkers and looking like a little crab. I probably act like a little crab too on some days. Was I getting ice cream in your dream? During the retreat, I think I was the only one eating cheesecake/creme brule/whatever. The rest of you gals made up for it in alcohol consumed. Thanks for the good gold hunting wishes. I may be able to quit my job, I'm sure. :rolleyes: I need to show DH the golf tourney in your area on TV while it's still on. Then he can see how beautiful your area is. I'd love to come back there again...:D My blisters are slooooowly healing. Now DH may be going hunting with the DS's on Sunday so I may not work on the patio at all. How dare he play when there is work to do!!!;)

Wendy, hoping you are getting ready for your birthday. Are you doing anything special? How did your hair color turn out? Did Phil offer to do it for you? Yep, noticed our Stacy on OD today too. I sooooooooooooo miss her :(. Sigh. Do you have your own massage table already? Last time that DH had shrimp scampi, it was at a restaurant that gave very small portions. We called it skimpy scampi.:mad:

Kim, so glad Bandit is better today. Hope this is behind you. That Lowmax always makes me sweat big time. No DOMS to speak of from BSB. I rarely get them, though my arms were pretty pumped after the workout. I'm subbing cycling for KPC and will finish with GS Chest/Triceps on Sunday. When I type KPC, I think KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). :D Yep, when I used to have to be at work at 6 a.m., I would get up around 2 a.m., and work out from 3-4a.m. I did this for I'm guessing around 4 years. Crazy, but I was used to it. However, I would not volunteer to go back to that. I used to go to bed between 8 and 9pm. So your DS's surgery is coming up in a little over a week. Does he speak of it? He's such a great, strong minded kid, seems to me. He'll do great. I enjoyed watching the STS clips. I'll just modify the pushups for a while. Cathe makes them look effortless. I'll be struggling early on, but the idea is to shock the old system, isn't it? That it will do. Hope you enjoy these days off. I'll have a week in September myself. I love fall days, probably my favorite time of year.

Patricia, glad you feel some better. I don't seem to have a lot of motivation when I get home from work. Been slapping leather on the couch instead. Zzzzzzzzzzzz. That heat just makes me lazier than usual, if that's possible. Only good thing about funerals is getting to see family and catching up on what's new. Enjoy Stargate. We like watching that series on Sci Fi. Washing hair after a perm? Not sure, it's been a long time since I've had one. Think the last one I had was before DS was born, let's see, 1981. It was kind of an afro looking do. I remember the dog went nuts barking when I walked thru the door. She didn't recognize me. Pretty scary.

Laurie, hope you're getting to relax now that your busy day is done. Sure seems like a short faire season for some reason. Glad it wasn't too hot for you with that big dress. My Mom never spoke of the birds and bees. She said she figured we knew it already. I tell you, our family stays away from confrontation for sure. I agree, it must have been a generational thing. Glad your girls feel free to discuss those matters with you. My DD is so open, I sometimes am amazed at the stuff that comes out of her mouth!! She's a sweetie though.

Well, better get a move on. Have to meet at Starbuck's at 6:30 a.m. for our bike ride.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.