Cookbook/Meal suggestions

i have been doin' jari love for a while and recently have been introduced to cathe and am starting up my collection of cathe (which i love). i'm working on my motivation but my big problem is my food choice and intake. does anyone have any good cookbook suggesions that are healthy and EASY! I am not the best cook. I have gotten some books before but i could never figure out the ingrediants. any suggetions would be great! Thanks!

Um, while the recipes are not super easy, the food comes out great, is always healthy and she has a TV show so that you can see what she's doing (so it kind of evens things out): "The Food You Crave" by Ellie Krieger. Her show is "Healthy Appetite" and it is on the Food Network on Saturday mornings. Also, just about all her recipes are online on www.foodnetwork.com

My tastes are kind of for the more complicated but healthy stuff so a lot of my preferences might not work for you. I think Betty Crocker cookbook has a healthy variation? They typically aren't too hard. Seriously consider Ellie. Start off watching her show and see what you think, then you can try her recipes online (maybe even one you watched so you know how to make it) and then if you like it, go for the book. I love mine. I also like Cooking Light magazine (but again tends to be a bit more complicated) and also Clean Eating magazine (more conceptually than for the actual recipes). The Clean Eating magazine has a 30 day menu you can follow which is kind of nice. I'm not crazy about the Fall menu but the previous two seasons were GREAT. It comes out quarterly and you can find it in book stores.

try a cook book

that only specifies a limited number of ingredients. For example I have one that is 5 ingredients or less and that seems to workout. Also, if you look in the bargain bin at your local bookstore they often have low carb/low fat/low calorie options in there and you might want more than one.

What kind of food do you like? Do you eat seafood? I have a couple of books that aren't specifically healthy style but are vegetable and seafood books and that seems to work out. Anytime you steer clear of commercially prepared foods you should be ok. Tosca Reno's "Clean Eating" book maybe a good place to start.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.