Consecutive Circuit Workouts

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
I sometimes do two circuit workouts on consecutive days.

For example, I did "Step Jump & Pump" on Saturday

Last evening I did "Circuit Max"

And tonight I want to do "Low Impact Circuit" -- but that just changed after reading the "Scrambled Eggs" premix.

But I am still confused regarding circuit workouts on consecutive days.

I know that you say it is important to have a rest period between weighted workouts.

Does this apply to circuit type workouts as well as traditional all strength training workouts?

Thanks for asking this, Amy. I've been wondering the same thing myself! Hopefully Cathe will let us know her thoughts on this.

-Marie:)

I'm not Cathe, but with all the premixes you could do a circuit workout with the emphasis on the upper body one day and the lower body the next.

OK, here is the stupid question for the day.

What are DOMS?

I see this all the time here and have no idea of what they are.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Second stupid question:

What is delayed onset soreness? What constitutes a delay onset?

I am so confused about this entire thing and whether or not I can do circuit workouts on consecutive days.

Thanks all for your answers!

The delay of the onset of muscle soreness is DOMS. You know - when you do a workout, then a day or two (sometimes more) you get sore from something in that workout.

Hi,
Not Cathe, but I asked the same question in another string. Click the following link to see her reply:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=65428&mesg_id=65428&listing_type=search
Cathe kind of sums it up, but I have been reading about what happens to your body after weight training, and over the next 12-24 hours, your muscles are repairing and building themselves up. Stressing them again during this time frame is just not good, I think I read where it says that stressing them too much puts them in a catabolic state where they are breaking down and not building up. So I have been doing a lot of the pre-mixes on the new videos with just the upper body circuit on one day and lower body circuit on another day. Or I do total body circuit on one day, followed by all cardio.
By the way, how do you know what's in the scrambled eggs premix? Is there a listing somewhere that tells what chapters are included in the premixes?
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.