Connecting my tablet to my TV

You poor thing! What the heck?!
Which Chromecast App did you install? At first I did the regular Chromecast. I had so many problems, that i ended up installing Video and TV Chromecast. I didn't have to do anything extra to install that app. It was very easy, and then I deleted the other app. Maybe give that a try?

Do you need to create a brand new account for LIVE? your Shop Cathe account doesn't work? I already have a separate user name and password for the forums, and for Shop Cathe....:(
You have create a new login for Cathe Live. The login for ShopCathe has nothing to do with Cathe Live

Forum Administrator: thanks, I did create a new account and password. It may be helpful if this was part of the set up instructions when you sign up. Also, besides connecting, some instructions on how to get into it once you sign up, the steps etc. Do you need to sign on to your LIVE account each time? It seems like mine just stays open on my phone. How do you log off? I don't see a log off button anywhere.

Gratefuldog: Thanks again for all your input. It helped just having people understand the frustration!
I installed the Chromecast app that came up with Google Chrome I think. It works, just can't do a search on the list of videos that LIVE has.

Last edited:
Success!

I finally was able to get to the search in the Cathe side of things...it's all in the order that you do it....apparently I am signed on all the time. I have to go to Chrome first, then try to launch the LIVE tab, where it says "view videos" that is where the selection option shows up. Once I select, then it opens and the option to "cast" shows up.

I never had to sign in to any account for some reason....I think it's bookmarked on my phone somewhere....not going to worry about it unless it is running in the background and I am getting charged for data usage. :( Not good..

I did a workout! It was great. :)

Now the only thing that I hope the tech people can answer is that dumb "AW SNAP" error that makes me have to keep reloading the page.

"AW SNAP" is not our error message, it's your browser's error message. It just means something went wrong in Chrome when you tried to load a web page. Refreshing the page will usually solve the issue, but you may also need to clear your browser's cache or restart your browser.

Well, the Chromecast is going back to Target, it is too much of a pain to use. Between the "Aw Snap" error and having to constantly reload the Cathe site, and not being able to "pause" , "fast forward" or "rewind" using the phone, it's not worth it.

I did one Cathe video, enjoyed it, but if I can't find another way to stream, this will be my first and last month of using LIVE. :(.

Say it isn't so!!
Are you using an iPhone?
I know I sound like a broken record, but at least try the TV and Video Chromecast App!! That might be the problem solver. Like I said, I had issues with just the plain old Chromecast App.
Cathe Live is worth one more try!!

I am able to pause using the cast bar at the bottom of the screen. You can't do it by pausing the video that is viewing on your screen. . Hope that makes sense.

No, using an Android ) LG) phone. The guy at Google tech support said I should try using the Cathe "native" app to access the videos, not Chrome.

Where do I get the TV and video chromecast app? I though that is what I already downloaded? :(

We currently don't have a Cathe Live App, but it is something we're working on. I don't think the problem you're having is with Chromecast, but instead is related to the LG Phone. We have an LG V10 phone here and did a test and are seeing the same problems you have mentioned. The actual transmission of the Cathe Live video is done by IBM (aka Ustream). We also noticed that when we tried playing a video from NASA directly from the IBM -Ustream site it too would not play on an LG Phone. This means that there is something wrong at either IBM-UStream or with the LG Phone. My guess is that the problem is with IBM-Ustream and we talked to them this morning about this problem. This is something their developers will have to look at,but they're now aware of the issue and are seeing the same problem on other sites like NASA with LG phones. Hope to hear something back maybe as soon as tomorrow, but for now I can tell you that the problem does not seem to be related to Chromecast.

The videos play fine....as long as you don't pause, or try to use the status bar to rewind or fast forward...then it goes back to 0:00 and sometimes will actually start to recast again...

Gratefuldog:

Where do I get the TV and video chromecast app? is it different from the one that you get from their site?

It was in the App Store. I assume it is an Apple App Store though. Do you have an iPad?? If so, it will work on that. When I typed in Chromecast in the search window of the App Store, there were two different choices. I am not sure how getting apps work for a non Apple product. Sorry!

Last edited:
With the app I got, I can only pause. the fast forward and rewind is an additional charge. The only way to pause is to pause the cast window, NOT the video that you see on your phone screen. when I tried pausing the video on the phone screen, the one on the tv just keeps playing. You have to click the cast window to pause.

I downloaded the app you mentioned from the app store to my iPad....it's like you said...once the video is cast to the TV, you have no control over it....it isn't even the same video play that is on the iPad....I can't find the "pause" function like you mentioned. The "cast" square icon only has a "disconnect" choice, not a pause. Where do you see the "pause" on your iPhone that actually pauses the video on the TV?

You know how you click the cast window at the bottom of the screen to get it to cast to the TV? That is the same thing you use to pause. Click as far over to the left side of the window as you can. You may have to touch it twice so it pauses.

My cast window is at the bottom of my screen. It runs the length of the iPad itself. I am not referring to the thing that turns solid blue in the upper right hand corner.
Hope I'm making sense.

I got it to "pause" went back to my android phone with the app.....It's very touchy though...if you hit anything that you don't want....it will kick you out of the video...

I found that the best mode is to have it cast to the TV only, not mirror it on the phone...it will take some getting used to. I will play around with using the iPad and app,, vs the phone and see which has less hiccups.

Thanks again for all your help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.