Confessions of a Binge eater

punka274

Cathlete
Ok,ive GOT to get this off my chest! I woke up this morning...did my workout(GS legs) Showered,ate my breakfast(Oatmeal,egg whites) then i ate my lunch(grilled chicken salad). After lunch I wanted something sweet! So hesitantly,I picked up one of those russell stoffers(sp?) marshmallow eggs. It was good. But OH NO,It didnt stop there! at one sitting I ate chillie with the cheese,and 14(yes 14:eek:) chocolate chip cookies...I didn't even realize i was eating so many until I went back for yet another one and i noticed the whole package was almost gone!? I threw them away x(. so for supper I figured what the hell and ate a grilled cheese and some of those funyuns.x(

Ive noticed that in the past three weeks,ive been cheating more and more? I usually allow myself one day a week to kinda eat what I want and free my mind! But this crap has to stop now!!!!

Anybody done this lately? I haven't binged like THIS in a while :-(!

I need to kinda re-group myself...maybe I should start by getting all the foods that may trigger another binge out of the house?

ok,thanks for listening:)
I feel better now...

Yep, have done it alot lately too. Maybe it is the longer than usual winter? Does that sound like a good one?

Not sure what's going on with me, but usually I can be pretty good. I haven't been able to let myself have just one "cheat" lately without taking it too far.

I just keep letting bygones be bygones and try harder. Like today instead of "fishie crackers" when I got home I at a turkey/cheese wrap (and the wrap was a healthy one with 8 gms of protein, 80 cals and only 6 net carbs).

We'll see if that helps the scale and if I can make it another day tomorrow.

OK - my vent is done too. On to another day . . .

I was never a binge eater, I just feel like I could eat the whole fridge, plus yours today. PMS is here plus I have been strict dieting for the past 7 weeks, but it scares me that out of control feeling I have. Like if I let it loose, I could eat everything in the house, gosh I hate it.

Don't sweat it, or rather do sweat it,out with a workout, and chock it up to the winter doldrums, and get back on track...setting your mind to stick with your clean eating. I seriously sometimes just take it one hour at a time with my eating, just saying no when I want something not on my diet plan. There are days I don't even understand how I do it, like today.

I go all day, stick to the "diet plan" By night, its all over! :-(
:9

Don't know if I'm a binge eater, maybe a "daily binge eater" some days can be a bit better than others. What can I say, "I love food!" I love biscuits! and lollies and CHOCOLATE. I don't want to love these things but I do. (I wonder why I can't loose weight??);)

Amelia, I do the same thing, eat my way merrily through the biscuit pack, only to realise "Good God Woman, you've nearly eaten the pack! Throw them away at once!!" So, I throw out the last one LOL.

Andrea

Thanks girls:) I woke up this morning kinda regretting the fact that I started this thread,but you made me feel better just now:)

I will take it hour by hour today! And hope that i didn't do any damage this week with that binge yesterday.

Thanks agian to each and every one of ya...

Hey, it was a small amount of time in one day....let it go and be fresh....you'll be back on track just fine..I find I have to avoid "triggers" just like an alcoholic..who can eat 6 wheat thins? Who can stop at 1 chocolate chip? The body for life gals - many wrote that the "free" day undid their whole week of clean eating! Believe me, you're not alone, and those PMS days are killers!

Just a thought, but happens to me all of the time. when I work out with weights only, by the end of the day I am ravenous. I can eat everything that passes my line of sight. In fact I gave up Cathe and all weight lifting for 6 weeks (I am on week 4 now) to see what would happen and the cravings have ceased. However yesterday I baked a cake shaped like a bunny (don't ask) and I had to cut of the part of the cake that were not in a bunny shape. I probably ate 2 cups of cake bits. I loved it...and that doesn't include the frosting nibbles(or spoonfuls)either.
I agree with the above posters-let it go and start over, and maybe see if there is something going on in your life right now like stress, too much training, PMS,etc that is making it worse.

I've been binge eating at work all week. Between the chocolate bars being sold for charity this week and someone bringing in their left-over Halloween Candy I just could not resist. And today is donut day!:)

I figure I have to get through Easter weekend and try not to eat too many chocolate eggs and that'll be it for another month.

Good thing I've been working out each night so at least no effect on the scale yet!;-)

It does help if the temptations aren't in the house because you're not as likely to drive for a "fix" of chips/cookies/whatever especially at night. Also, those 100 calorie packs of crackers/goldfish/cookies are great. It makes you more mindful of how much you've eaten if you have a tear open a new pack to keep noshing. It's harder to ignore the empty wrappers too--LOL! I do fudgicles myself. They're only 60 calories and they have these new triple chocolate ones that are really tasty IMO. If I have 2 of those, it's no biggie calorie wise, but I feel like I've had double desserts. It's just mind games, right?

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Jonahnah,i love fudgicles...my favorite dessert(well when im on a diet,lol)

LOL at you guys this morning...I do feel ALOT better! And thanks for your kind,supportive words!

I think one of the things that has effective my cheats lately is that my DH has recently started working later. He doesn't get home until 11:30 so im ALONE after I put the kiddies to bed! Thats is usually when the trouble startsx(

I just ordered some books from the library so maybe that will help!

Oh man that's a a slippery slop! I am still in vacation mode 3 weeks later. We made cookies last week and we totally binged all week on them, the recipie made over 60 cookies!
All you can do is start a new day and just start making better choices. It's hard and sometimes painful. I have some low calorie hot chocolate that satisfies my after dinner dessert cravings and an apple will usually succeed in tieing my over till my next meal.
Hang in there we all deserve to over indulge everyonce and a while.

I hear ya. I have family coming to visit for Easter and so I foolishly went to the store and bought junk for them--lots of Easter candy. Well, I have been good for the most part, but jelly bellies are evil! I think oh, just a few won't hurt or gee, I wonder what that color tastes like? Before you know it, I will be headed back to the store to buy a replacement bag--not gonna happen!

Yes, I've been eating whatever the heck I feel like for the past 3 weeks... & I also haven't been able to work out for the past 3 weeks either! I hate to say this but I'm talking about eating fried foods, sweets, & just anything & everything I wanted to stick in my mouth. Ugh! I really can't believe I did that but I guess I just felt like if I couldn't work out, then what's the difference... I'll just give myself a break from EVERYTHING. Probably not the best decision or attitude & I'm not proud of it but that's what I did. I also hope it's over because I got my doctor's release on Tuesday so I started working out again on Wednesday & I'm starting back very slowly. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my eating back in order yet. But I know I will... & I know you will too! I do agree that it helps when those kind of foods aren't even around & I also normally have "cheat weekends" which helps keep me on track too. So good luck... to both of us!:)

I do this too! I eat great (most of the time) through the week just to lose it on the weekends. My dear hubby, bless his heart ask me Sunday night "Why do you eat good and exercise all week just to blow it on the weekends?" He wasn't being mean - but he does know how hard I try through the week. The weekend is like this : I've worked hard all week, I deserve a break and good take out!!!! It's a good thought until the weekend is over and I say what in the world did I do?

My downfall lately is to have a couple Tostito's w/ConQueso dip....just a couple????:eek: Hardly......

I just try to re-coupe and start all over, yet again!:7

Lets see I got up this morning ate oatmeal. Did my Legs and Glutes. Ate a healthy wrap and soup. Then I ate 2 of the cookies with the frosting on top that Wal mart sells. Why I even bought them yesterday I'll never know. Thought it would be a nice Easter treat for my daughters. I was going to eat more but then I started reading this thread. Maybe I'll do better the rest of the day.

Farrah

I used to be a very out of control binge eater, and going to one "cheat" day per week has given me control. I give myself permission to eat anything one day per week without guilt, and it's worked out well. I truly wish I had the control to eat just one cookie, or whatever, but since I don't, I let it fly once a week. I don't consider it "blowing it."

I am right there with you all! I ate really great for like two or three months and then it just started slip a little, then a little more, and when I'm eating cereal again, you know it's over.

I don't really cheat on "bad" fried/sweet/fatty foods. I cheat with cereal. A LOT of cereal. I can eat FIVE bowls at 200 cals per bowl, plus the milk! Why do I do this? FIVE bowls of cereal (we're talking Kashi Go Lean, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, this really tasty new Fiber One Caramel) and I'll eat an english muffin smeared w/ natural PB and low sugar jelly. I start my day with like 1,000 calories on board! Why? Why do I do this? What is wrong with one bowl? When I'm eating oatmeal, it's all good, but if break out the milk, look out.

Aside from that, I'll cheat with some corn chips (ok, like half a bag) here and there, but mainly it's cereal.

I bought a new box of Quaker Oatmeal Squares yesterday, ate some dry, had two cups this morning, and the box is gone!!!! In two sittings! That is A LOT of calories. And a lot of remorse. But, right before hand all this doesn't seem to matter and I just keep pouring more bowls. So frustrating. I am not going to lean out eating like this!

I just had an encounter w/ the chocolate demons! Just ate enough Dove chocolate mini-eggs to nearly make myself sick. Mercifully I think it's out of my system although this ENTIRE day has been not-so-great.

Now I'm craving a giant salad for dinner and tomorrow will probably be perfectly normal. I go through these things every once in awhile and just keep on trying...

OMG, cereal does that to me too! I never keep it in the house, ever. It does not fill me up, therefore I can eat until my pants split-oatmeal is a different story, I find I do better with a protein focused breakfast, otherwise I want to eat tons of sugar the rest of the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.