Complexity of choreography

I like more complex routines also. It's a challenge to learn, keeps you from getting bored, and I look more forward to doing them!

As long as there's enough variety, and we're not doing the same moves over and over again, I don't really care if it's complex or not. I guess if I had a choice, I would pick complex choreography, since I like a challenge and get bored really easy. But as long as there's a variety of easy-to-learn moves, I'd be happy.
Cathe, I say just do what you do. You are one of the few people in the world I trust enough to preorder anything from. I know however STS Shock Cardio turns out, I'll be like a kid in a candy store when I get it!:D

Dani

I don't like tricky footwork when combined with kicking it up anaerobic style, hence the beauty of IMAX 2, one of my all time favorites where the step work is easy to follow and the intensity intervals are da bomb!

I have a hard time doing the same workouts over and over again if they don't challenge my mind. I love complex combos in my cardio workouts (kickboxing and step).
I have several boxes of workouts that I've been collecting over the past 10 years. The ones I have on my shelf are all Cathe workouts.
I do have Amy Bento's Advance Step Challenge 2 & 3. The 2nd one took me 3x to get the footwork down. The 3rd was much easier to get, then again her cueing improved.
My favorite cardio workout is Cardio Fusion. There is very little break down if any at all in the step combos. Love, love, love that! It was a fantastic idea to include bonus combo chapters with no break down in that series. Whoever came up with that idea should be given the Nobel Prize! Absolutely brilliant!

I'm actually really disappointed that there will only be one intricate step workout in this series. I do understand that it is designed so that there is something everyone. I'm sure I'll have fun but it'd be cool if she could include some bonus chapters for those of us who prefer no break down in our kickboxing or step workouts.

Then have a disc with all the toughies from the series that we can mish-mosh together. Oh..Oh my god.... Cardio... Coma...

Last edited:
I am not a dancey person. My feet get easily confused, especially with higher impact is involved.

Cathe...please, please, please consider including a "modifier" who does high intensity, low impact, less dancy moves. This would be helpful not only for those fans who are choreographically challenged, but also newbies and people looking for a lighter workout.

Just my two cents.

Rhonda

I have a hard time doing the same workouts over and over again if they don't challenge my mind. I love complex combos in my cardio workouts (kickboxing and step).
I have several boxes of workouts that I've been collecting over the past 10 years. The ones I have on my shelf are all Cathe workouts. I do have Amy Bento's Advance Step Challenge 2 & 3. The 2nd one took me 3x to get the footwork down. The 3rd was much easier to get, then again her cueing improved.
My favorite cardio workout is Cardio Fusion. There is very little break down if any at all in the step combos. Love, love, love that! It was a fantastic idea to include bonus combo chapters with no break down in that series. Whoever came up with that idea should be give the Nobel Prize! Absolutely brilliant!

I'm actually really disappointed that there will only be one intricate step workout in this series. I do understand that it is designed so that there is something everyone. I'm sure I'll have fun but it'd be cool if she could include some bonus chapters for those of us who prefer no break down in our kickboxing or step workouts.

Then have a disc with all the toughies from the series that we can mish-mosh together. Oh..Oh my god.... Cardio... Coma...
I am right there with you! Couldnt have said it better!
Krasy

I am glad that most the workouts are not complex and intricate. That's the reason why I ordered the set. Very intense and easy to follow works great for me! :) I hope Cathe doesn't change her mind and suddenly makes mostly complex choreography workouts for STS Shock Cardio. I will have to reconsider my order if it does happen. I already paid for the entire set knowing most of the workouts are "intense, easy to follow with lots of variety" according to Cathe. :)

Agree. I like to push my cardio capacity without paying to much how to learn the complicated moves. I like dance and not too bad. But just not in my workout. I only have one hour workout. I want to make most out of it. I hope Cathe did not change her mind - keep most un complicated.

I am glad that most the workouts are not complex and intricate. That's the reason why I ordered the set. Very intense and easy to follow works great for me! :) I hope Cathe doesn't change her mind and suddenly makes mostly complex choreography workouts for STS Shock Cardio. I will have to reconsider my order if it does happen. I already paid for the entire set knowing most of the workouts are "intense, easy to follow with lots of variety" according to Cathe. :)

ITA...and how fair would it be to change the workouts to make them more choreographically challenging at the request of some, after preorders have already started and some (including me) have ordered with the expectation of only one workout being more choreographed?

I agree also. I am not a spring chicken anymore but not ready for chair aerobics yet, just can't get complicated moves especially when I have to go to the other side of the step and do something and then around. I always go the wrong way or something. By the time I slow the video down and study the steps several times I am out of the mood to workout. I still can't get the step in 4 day split so don't even try anymore. I get started then it just gets to complicated for me no matter how many times I slow it down.

Something for everyone

No Worries...I do believe this series will have something for everyone. As promised, the one step tape (Step Moves) will have intricate choreography while the other will be less intricate yet a tough cookie workout. The kickbox/Box/MMa will have some combo's and some basics intertwined. The HiiT and Circuit workouts will be loaded with variety and short easy to follow bouts of concentrated energy blasts.....These workouts give my phrase "No Time For Down Time" a whole new meaning :eek:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the "complex" discs should have a SEPARATE break-down/modifiers chapter on them. This is where Cathe could break-down the sequences and provide modifiers for those who need/want them. That way the workout itself isn't interrupted (for the purists) and the information for those who need it is still available. Don't want to watch the chapter? Fine, don't. But if you need it, it's there. It's a simple, logical, "meets everyone's needs" solution, yet.........
Funny thing is I did KPC this weekend. Cathe mentions and shows modifiers in that all over the place, yet it's consistently ranked as one of the favorites. It's funny, when Cathe offers suggestions to modify the intensity UP no one seems to complain or "get confused." Hmm - odd that.

I like the break down chapter idea. It could be right on the menu. Then you can practice the moves prior to the workout and then hopefully not get frusterated when she cues the move. She kind of did that in IMAX2 in the intro.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.