Complexity of choreography

javadog

Hello Cathe,

I prefer your workouts without complex choreography. What is this level of each of the workouts you will include?
Thanks.

I have seen this comment a lot recently and I agree that there should be a variety in your cache of workouts. However, with the HiiT, MMA, the circuits, and one of the step videos looking like they will not include complex choreography, please don't forget those of us who love Cathe's choreography! I hope for more than just Step Moves to have complex choreography, but I'm sure I'll love whatever you put out (as long as there are not never-ending Power 15's) :)

It is too soon to get that specific yet. But I can tell you tha they will be intense, easy to follow, with lots of variety. Each workout will contain what I refer to as a "Cathe Twist" put on them to give them that signature feeling. Step Moves is probably the only one that will follow a different format in that it will be flowy, rhythmic, dance-like choreography. I hope this helps you.

Hello Cathe,

I prefer your workouts without complex choreography. What is this level of each of the workouts you will include?
Thanks.

Whew - I'm glad to hear "easy to follow" from Cathe herself!!!!! I am choreography challenged, but I pre-ordered this series to kick up my cardio routine a few notches! Keep it simple, please! There's plenty of variety in your other cardio workouts for choreography junkies out there!

Keep it simple, please! There's plenty of variety in your other cardio workouts for choreography junkies out there!

True -- but it's been awhile since she's made a Rhythmic Step/Step Blast type routine, so I'm really looking forward to the 2nd step workout on her step dvd. I feel like she's making one of each to help please everyone -- phew! -- a tough order to fill!

It's a strange thing - I think I can dance (not sure if others agree!), but I just cannot do any kind of choreography for working out.

I love Cathe's choreography, especially when it is a bit on the complex side. It's a dvd - so if I am really not getting it I can pause it and do it several times until I do, or if I am close enough on it at the moment and don't want to stop the flow I go with it and it gets better each viewing. I Love the feeling of accomplishment when I get it and having the complexity, for me, makes the time fly by.

Just my $0.02.

I've got to chime in with another request for some tricky footwork. I love a workout that takes several viewings and tries before I get it. :p

I love Cathe's choreography, especially when it is a bit on the complex side. It's a dvd - so if I am really not getting it I can pause it and do it several times until I do, or if I am close enough on it at the moment and don't want to stop the flow I go with it and it gets better each viewing. I Love the feeling of accomplishment when I get it and having the complexity, for me, makes the time fly by.

Just my $0.02.
Oh yes! That is exactly how I feel, too! Another vote for intricacy :)

Just my $0.02.

I'll add my $0.02 to yours in agreement.

I am glad that most the workouts are not complex and intricate. That's the reason why I ordered the set. Very intense and easy to follow works great for me! :) I hope Cathe doesn't change her mind and suddenly makes mostly complex choreography workouts for STS Shock Cardio. I will have to reconsider my order if it does happen. I already paid for the entire set knowing most of the workouts are "intense, easy to follow with lots of variety" according to Cathe. :)

It is too soon to get that specific yet. But I can tell you that they will be intense, easy to follow, with lots of variety. Each workout will contain what I refer to as a "Cathe Twist" put on them to give them that signature feeling. Step Moves is probably the only one that will follow a different format in that it will be flowy, rhythmic, dance-like choreography. I hope this helps you.

I know on the other hand that I definitely can not dance...but in the privacy of my own home I am shaking my hips right along with Cathe.
Rachel

I like complex choreography too!

I've got to chime in with another request for some tricky footwork. I love a workout that takes several viewings and tries before I get it. :p

I would love to see a video done in the style of Rhythmic Step, Step Max, or Power Max.

I love those workouts.

I do have trouble with fast feet shuffles. There is a fear factor involved and I am afraid I will fall and twist or break my ankle bones.

I would love to see a video done in the style of Rhythmic Step, Step Max, or Power Max.

I love those workouts.

I do have trouble with fast feet shuffles. There is a fear factor involved and I am afraid I will fall and twist or break my ankle bones.

That is exactly what I did the first time I did fast feet - twisted my ankle and that was that.

Another vote in favor of complex choreo

I love complex step choreography, so I'm voting for more intricate footwork. Step Blast is my favorite Cathe workout for that reason (and also because I love the music!).

With that said, I hate complex kickboxing workouts, so it sounds like I'll also be pleased with the new MMAs. I also don't mind more basic choreography if the workout is super-intense. I'm guessing this applies to the HIIT workouts.

haha - I love the more complex kickboxing stuff and hate complex step (I don't really like step at all, to be honest) - I don't have the space the fancy step stuff requires (and it KILLS my knees);

thankfully, it looks like this series will have something for everyone - what I don't like I won't do or will sell ;-)

I like step cardio to be just complex enough that it keeps things fresh longer, always learning & that feeling of "Oh, yes! I got! Aren't I great?" But, not so much so that I get too frustrated & give up. Part of that is having an instructor (such as Cathe) w/great cueing skills and great music!

Now, that's not too much to ask for, is it? (ha ha)

I vote for complex choreography

Just my $0.02.

I want at least one dancy well choreographed Step workout like Rhythmic Step, Power Max, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.