Commit to Get Fit - Monday

Cookie57

Cathlete
Cheryl, Thank you so very much for responding to the coach’s comments. Isn’t it annoying how much we can let one little thing bother us. Or at least I do. It’s like a little pebble in my shoe that instead of stopping and getting rid of, I just let it rub and rub. Now that I’m really aware of this, I’m going to work on not letting it happen. I really do appreciate you taking the time.

Belinda, I love the idea that you, Amelia, and I are all doing the same basic workout together. Isn’t it cool how we can be connected across the miles through this forum and exercise? Since I don’t have CTX, I subbed MM Upper Body – 42 minutes of pure torture and pleasure. Those ladies who are afraid to use more than 3 – 5 lbs are sure missing out.

Okay, so here I decided I’ll keep my weights steady for a while and not go up. This was yesterday, mind you. Today I’m doing MMUB, and was too lazy to get out 8s, so I finally did that one that works the traps and delts the up and in one if you can figure out which one I mean, and did it with 10s. So it is official, I’m not gonna listen to that guy.

Amelia, sorry the aquarium visit wasn’t exciting. I also hate crowds. Great idea to work it out though. Just wondering if you have ever noticed that when you don’t work out for a few days, if little things bother you more. They sure do for me. I love to do KPC when I’ve been aggravated. Just picture some of those annoying people there at the aquarium.

Lori, was the argument about meeting your cousin? My husband and I seldom argue either. Usually when we do it is over something with the kids, and then, of course, he’s always in the wrong. It just goes without saying. Thought of you yesterday, I did 13 miles walking with a little running in there. You must sleep like a log ‘cause I was exhausted last night, but his snoring still woke me up.

Amy and Kristine, hope everything is okay and you’re enjoying summer weather.

Have to run to work, that four-letter word, so I’ll catch up with you’ll later. Just wanted to say “Good Morning!”

Good Morning:)

Just getting ready to head out for a run before it gets to warm. Then I will relax this afternoon while DS takes his nap:)

Cookie** No..lol...the arguement wasn't about meeting my cousin. I probably made it sound that way though! LOL It was just a build up of stuff b/c we never argue, we let things build up and then we have a blow up:eek: That will be it now until the winter or something. Unless he does something really stupid, you know what men are like;)
I would have a hard time giving up weight training as well. If I were training for something, I would lift on my days off...even if it were just a moderate weight.

Good morning to everyone else! I will bbl!
Lori:)

Hey girls

Im waiting on my coffee,im such in a blah mood too:-( I guess i still haven't recovered from the weekend!

I never did workout yesterday,i decided to take a recovery week! I haven't had one this year yet and i usualy take alteast two a year! So i will be walking the dog,doing some Powerwalks and doing some core work this week and thats it! No weights! Sorry to Belinda and Cookie,im gonna have to skip on the rotation for right now,i was so exhausted sat and sunday i think a rest/recover week is in order!

Cookie-oh yes,i know what you mean! If i don't alteast do some cardio every couple of days i get SO GROUCHY! Working is definitely my stress releiver!

Lori-Enjoy your run!

Hey to everybody:) BBL

Yep, cardio is my therapy too!

This morning I did 15 min HIIT intervals on the TM (5 intervals) and then 45 min. of Low Max, skipped the warmup and did 45 min for a total 1 hour cardio bout. Woo hoo! Nice way to start a Monday.

Cookie, wow, walked 13 miles??? That's an endeavor. I'll bet you were out there 2 1/2 hours. Hope you didn't melt! I'm glad you are ignoring the coaches comment, and I'm glad you upped your weights to the 10s. If you notice the best champion runners all lift weights. Just look at their upper bodies. It's the upper weight strength that carries them through the final phases of their race.

Amelia, sounds like you're mentally needing a recovery week. I hope you take it! Maybe the dog walks can give you a littel cardio therapy there.

Lori, I'm glad the fight's over the life is on an even keel again. Whew! Of course there's always the fun of making up. ;-) Hey, that probably counts as cardio too! :eek: :eek:

Belinda, What's on tap for this morning? Hope you're set for a great week and a great day!

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl-Great workout today girl! High fives!! Lowmax is tough by itself but to all intervals.....great job!

im done with my dogwalk and powerwalk for a total of 60min cardio! Maybe my ebay winnings will be here by the end of the week:7

ok,just eating some lunch-a low carb turkey wrap and some watermelon:9.

Hi girls,

Cookie** I also like the idea doing the rotation with you girls! It is very cool! Great job subbing MM for CTX UB! I couldn’t go very heavy with CTX , the beat was to fast! It still was torture!

Amelia** nice job with your PW + DW this morning! I don't trust ebay! They sell a lot of fake DVD's! What did you buy?

Cheryl** you had a lot of energy this morning? Great workout!

Have a great day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.