Commit to get fit - March 19 - 25

Cookie57

Cathlete
Wow! Am I the first one here today?
Belinda, are you buried under some boxes? Do we need to come dig you out? Hopefully, you're having some of this wonderful weather we are and are out enjoying it.
Deb, glad you ds is okay. You are so right in that even a small fender bender can be a big bill. Where were you running off to today?
Kristen, do your students seem to think it is spring break? How was the beach yesterday?
Helene, how's your Jaime program coming along?
Did tbt lb this morning. DH's snoring woke me up at 2:30. Got up and got things done but now I'm tired.
Cookie

Hallo girls,

Thanks Cookie for starting us off today:D good job with your LB workout this morning.

I just took a live yoga class at the Gold Gym here in town:D I have a 7 day free pass, so I will make use of it this week:eek:

I will be back in the morning.

Evening everyone. Today is a rest day for me.Tomorrow is plyo legs.This weather is unbelievable. I love it.

Cookie- I don't know about the kids... but I am getting spring fever myself, lol.

Belinda- nice re: the free pass. Perfect use for it. I really want to take a live yoga class. I am going to look into it for around here somewhere.

Hello Deb! The weekends go too fast don't they? The beach we go to has a playground for the kids and you can see the boats coming and going. There is a marina right next to it. It felt great to go there.

Okay, bb tomorrow.

Kristin

Kirstin - Aleisa and I enjoyed the live yoga glass. The girl was fantastic! Can't wait to take another class. Gold Gym offer free 7 day passes It's only $20 a month, not bad? They offer spinning, Les Mill's Pump, Zumba and more:D I am loving this weather too!

Hi,

I took a spin class today. I took the day off but was busy but didn't even come close to getting my to do list done:)

Belinda - What happended to you rest week;) I picture you trying every class on the schedule in 7 days:eek: That is a great price even if you use it a couple of times a week.

Cookie - I forgot to say 31 years married is quite the accomplishment:) I'm guessing with the snoring this morning you weren't feeling it today:D ha, ha.

Kristin - I think your students are going to get summer fever before they get spring fever if the weather stays this way:) Too bad you can't teach outside. I remember once in a blue moon when a class was taught outside . . . :cool:!

Goodnight:)

'Evening!
Belinda, yeah, Deb's right - what happened to your rest week?!!! Like her, I can envision you taking every class they have within a one-week span. Glad you enjoyed the yoga.
Deb, you're right about summer fever. Hard to believe tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. What did you do on your day off? How's your fil? You're so right about my husband's snoring - urghhh! it is bad. Did you notice I didn't call him dh, just for that reason.
Kristin, great park, must be beautiful. I took a walk-n-talk with a teacher today and it was great! Just beautiful start to the first day of spring.
Had a meeting and just got home. Drinking a glass of wine, the meeting was pretty stressful. Anyway, did sts 30 back and bis this morning.
Cookie

Evening. I did plyo legs today plus the quick AB work from AT. Spring is here! I am loving the sun and warmth. They are saying tomorrow we can be in the 70s! Work is getting stressful as we get closer to the assessments. I cannot wait for the test to be over.

Deb- a lesson outside, if only I could. They added on to the building a few years back and now the only open space is for gym classes.

Belinda- that's a great deal. I have been looking. A friend of mine at work used to go to a small class. She said about 7-8 people were in it. The instructor gave a lot of personal attention that way.

Okay, I will bb tomorrow. I am supposed to do one of the MMAs, if I can move my legs today!

Kristin

Hi,

I did cardio kicks today, that was an oldie. Yesterday I bought the ingredients to do a 2-day Dr. Oz cleanse (too many things to buy) & started it today. I'm not so sure about it but TG only one more day. I'm starving, craving pizza, chocolate & lattes:confused:

Belinda - How many classes have you tried;)

Cookie - My FIL is home & doing well. Yesterday I spent too much time food shopping, running errands & not much around the house. Too bad you couldn't end your day less stressful but it must have been nice to spend some time outside.

Kristin - If you were a gym teacher you would be whipping those kids into shape;) I think I'll have to break out short sleeves for tomorrow:)

The weekend is almost here, yay! Tonight I did kickmax low impact premix. I forgot to mention yesterday that I ordered KPC/Legs and Glutes. It was the daily special yesterday, $20. I have been wanting it for some time, but I kept putting off buying it. For that price I thought I had to get it, lol.

Belinda- I think you posted on last week's thread for today.. . I saw the post but then when I scrolled down to respond to otehrs, I realized the other posts were from earlier this week. . . This was on the second page. Anyway, I am still on the fence about the new workouts too. I don't know what is holding me back. Maybe when she posts more about them :confused:. This weekend we are going out to dinner with some friends, it is my friend's birthday actually. Then on Sunday we have Nikolas' last basketball game and Jessica and her family are coming out. If the weather stays like this, we will have to get back to the beach, lol.

Deb- these days I wish I was a gym teacher, lol. No testing!!!! BTW- I am craving pizza myself!

Cookie- Are you doing STS or the 3 month rotation. If you are doing STS, you are almost done? I am in the second week of M3. I can see the end coming up. I am looking forward to doing more circuits and total body workouts for a bit. I cannot get enough of this weather!

'Evening!
Belinda, I have that dvd and like it. Do you have 0-60 by Sharon Twombley? That one I like a lot! It has really grown on me, and I think I do it about once a week. I keep waiting for her to put out another one.
Kristin, I'd love to be at the beach! This weather is just incredible. Had a meeting that went til 7, then stopped and got a pedicure so I can wear sandals tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 80s. When she was doing the massage, the woman told me I was too tense - she's not counting the days til testing! I just don't see how we can make it.
Deb, no more days of students having class outdoors in our district. Heck, few even get recess. Did you every find out what happened to those bags?
Took today as a rest day. Not sure if it was the combo of running, step and weights, but my quads were talking to me. That and a glass of wine which made me sleepy!
Cookie

Hi,

I took a spin class today. I also made my Sunday sauce since I was home early from work. Tomorrow I have a charity event in our neighborhood they are selling chocolate & wine. My neighbor needed to cancel so I have to go alone, not too crazy about that but it will force me to meet other neighbors.

Belinda - I was wondering why you haven't been posting:) Will look for your posts. How's the trial gym going?

Kristin - I didn't even think about the fact the gym teachers don't have to deal with testing, ugh! I think your really going to like KPC & L&G. It's funny I thought about Jessica the other day, say hi for me.

Cookie - Wow, can't imagine that they would take recess away. Who would think sandals in March:confused: I could use a pedicure too:)

Good morning,

I will take a spin class tonight;) Not sure, what happend to my rest week:eek: need to burn some cal, my eating is out of control these day's:confused: I made those Turkey muffin from Bodybuilding.com. OMG, those are so yummy. They only 80 cal. each;)

Kirstin - I personely don't think, Cathe's 2 new dvds are a great deal, unless you take the dvds & downloads, IMO! Today they have the STS squat rack DVD for $ 19!!! I know, I payed more with the presale:confused:. Like you, I don't know what is holding me back either, for same reason those DVDs are not appealing to me:rolleyes:. KPC is an awesome DVD, great price too. Sounds like you have a busy weekend, have fun. Say Hi to Jessica from us!

Cookie - I never heard of Sharon Twombley? Need to look that one up:eek: Isn't the weather incredible? I love it! Glad you enjoyed your rest day? Wine does make me sleepy too, lol! What kind did you drink? I like a nice dry red wine. I will have some this weekend.

Debbie - I will take a spin class with Alesia tonight. Good job, yesterday. Have fun meeting your neighbors. Chocolate and wine, yummy! I think I will sign up for the gym:eek: like you said...it's a great price. I can take unlimited classes.I am excited to take the spin class tonight.Monday I watched the Les Mill class, the music almost wanted me to jump in and work out with them, lol. Looked tough too. My abs are still sore from Monday's yoga class;) When you sign up for the Gold Gym you get 3 personal training sessions. too. Aleisa had her first session last night, she is loving it.

I will be back later. Have a great day, everyone!

'Evening!
Belinda, check out Sharon, I think you will like her, or at least I do. You're making that Les Mills class sound like something I would like. Never realized how much the music affected me til this series from Cathe. I like a dry red also, but will settle with dry white, but never a sweet one.
Deb, how's your fil? Thinking of you right now with your chocolate and wine. Hope you're having fun.
Kristen, when do your boys start baseball? Crocuses and daffodils today! Tulips! Can't believe it is happening in March. KPC is one of my all-time favorites and L&G is a goodie. Really great dvd. I'm doing the mixed rotation Cathe posted I think in November. So every week I do sts from a different meso, mixing them up. Two weeks left.
Did a yoga dvd this morning. Last night's glass of wine made me sleep a little later, so I decided to stretch and be relaxed. Plus it was all the talk of yoga here. Tomorrow helping one of my groups finish up a huge project and then we're going out to celebrate, so might not check in.
Cookie

Hello everyone. STS D30 done. Two more weeks of STS! I was doing 20# for the incline curls. . . never would have attempted that a year ago, lol. The cross over kickbacks were a little easy at 13# too. I am amazed at how strong I am feeling.

So happy tomorrow is Friday. This week seems to feel longer than the last one, lol.

Belinda- I will definitely tell Jessica you all said hello. I think with the preorder for the new workouts I am hesitating because I don't want all high impact. The low impact series was a great deal, plus I knew it was all low impact. I just hate too much jumping on my floor, lol. I worry I am busting the floor, lol. Seriously though, I love the LIS because they are tough workouts without all the jumping.

Deb- I could use a little chocolate and wine today ;) Hope you are having fun!

Cookie- I cannot wait to get my hands on KPC and legs and glutes. The Nov. rotation with STS and LIS. . . I may give that a try when I am done with STS. Spring is here! Soon it will be summer!!! I cannot wait to get on a plane and go to Disney World with my boys. It will be a great way to kickstart the summer.

Good night all,

Kristin

Hi,

I did 4DS legs w/o. The chocolate & wine charity party was a lot of fun. I didn't have much wine but lots of chocolate:eek: I bought some dark chocolate 70% with raspberry it was really good. I also met a neighbor 3 doors down that has been here for 10 years for the 1st time tonight:eek: she was really nice.

Belinda - I think you will like to mix up the gym w/home workouts & for the price you can't go wrong. That's great that you get 3 persoanl sessions. Will have to check out those muffins.

Cookie - It is amazing everything is blooming so quickly, even my indoor Meyer lemon bush has so many lemon buds last year it only produced one lemon:rolleyes: I did find the bags last Friday, put them out & went back on Monday to do a real set-up . . . they are a nicer evening bag then the everyday value ones we sell.

Kristin - Hmm, it may be only a matter of time before your heading to the store for heavies weights:) Great job! I kept thinking all day today that it was Friday TG it's tomorrow:D

Waves hi to everyone!

Morning ladies,

I am super sore from spinning. I will try to go to the gym tonight, not sure what classes they offer?

Have a great workout and weekend, everyone!

Hello! KPC came today. . . so guess what workout I did! :D I loved it. Sweat dripping. Kicking, punching, jumping. . . it was great. Plus I love that it has ab work at the end, unlike KM.

Belinda- spin class works the legs in a totally different way, right? Any yoga tonight?

Deb- funny you mention getting heavier weights. I have 25# and then two build-your-own dumbells with plates that I put on up to 35# for squats, but they are really bulky. I am definitely thinking of getting some heavies the next time I do STS. BTW I think it's great that you met a new neighbor at this wine and chocolate party.

Cookie- basketball ends on Sunday, baseball practice begins next week, lol. Nikolas is sooooo excited! KPC may become one of my favorites too.

Okay all,

I need to shower being as though I managed to get my workout in early.

Kristin

Hi,

I took yoga today. We spent the night looking for a new TV & putting it together. Our old TV (which wasn't even that old) started to get blobs of blue & yellow on the screen. It seems like they keep adding all these new features & it just causes more problems, just my 2 cents.

Belinda - My gym keeps copies of the schedule that you can take at the front desk or you can look online, maybe your's does too. Did you spin on the RT?

Kristin - I'm happy you liked KPC, it seems like that one won't get dated. Wow, baseball already soon you'll be saying it week's away from Summer Vacation:D Are you & DH coaching again this year?

Cookie - Any plans for the weekend?

Happy Weekend! I just finished AB and I added on turbo barre ab work. I haven't done turbo barre in a long time and wanted to do a different kind of ab routine. I am so sore already, lol. We are getting ready to go out with friends tonight, dinner and then bowling with no kids. So excited. Our babysitter is my cousin and she is sleeping over so we do not have a curfew, lol.

Deb- I hear ya with the tvs. My dad bought a 3D tv with the glasses that need batteries. Then six months later my brother got a 3D tv that does not have the expensive glasses. No batteries needed. . . lol. My dad was mad.

Ok, hope all is doing well.

Kristin

Hey girls,

Never got my workout in yesterday. Yesterday we saw my husband surgon in Boltimore, DH gets his suregery April 3. After that we drove to DC to see the Cherry Blossom, gorgeous! glad we wentyesterday!!Today it's raining:confused:.

I went to the gym and did CCPP! Tomorrow is yoga,Zumba and spinning, lol! I am gonna be dead, lol!:eek: Maybe I only take 2 glasses?

Guess what DH and I did yesterday? We bought a Vitamix in Costco, lol! I am gonna give it a wirl this week and see if we like it:eek: I am making Mexican soup today;)

One more thing:eek: do you have a steam mop? If so, how do you like it?

Kirstin - you getting some good workout in, girl! Nice job! Yes, spinning works your legs totally different way. Have fun tonight. That's so cool your cousin is your babysitter! No worries!

Debbie - good job on the yoga. Hope you like your new TV. We bought a flat screen in Germany, it's not working here? Thank goodness, we have so many, lol. Oh, Aleisa has a copy of the schedule.

I will be back in the morning. Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.