Commit to Get Fit & Lean - Wednesday

Cookie57

Cathlete
Shock ya, huh? I ate Lindt dark chocolate chili last night and didnt' sleep well. Must have a lot of caffeine in it 'cause I'm awake.
Lori, thanks for the directions on how to start the thread. Hope I didn't goof up. Hearing lots of motivation for completing your course work.
Iris, congrats on the notice! And that means leaving the Ds behind... Very exciting stage for you.
Helene, pass some of the motivation over here please. I'm dragging right now and need to go do HST with Amelia this morning.
Amelia, are we still on? One of our cats passed away two weeks ago and so one of the ds asked if we were going to get another. Think I'm at the stage of downsizing on pets - well just the cats, 'cause I'm thinking of another dog! I've always loved bassett hounds with their soulfull eyes and droopy ears. I'm not sure they're very good for exercising with tho. Did you ever get to meet Belinda?
Deb, good for you on getting that person jealous! You work hard and take care of yourself - bet a lot of people are envious but they're just much more tactful. Two weeks and a half weeks of hell and then things will let up a bit for the summer - TG! Can't wait. Worked til 10 last night.
Belinda, are you on your way home? How did the flight affect your ears and sinuses? Hope you're okay.
Trish, ok I'm gathering up some of your motivation and energy to go down. HST here I come (I think).
Cookie

Good Morning Ladies

:eek::eek: @ Cookie....no longer the Virgin Thread Starter. Hehe.

Today will be LIC....not feeling the run today.....my legs are sore, I just want to keep it low impact. I hit squat rack kinda hard yesterday. Last night I did a yoga routine for tension headaches. I felt better. Even though it's been exciting days, I've been nervous, tired, and stressed on top of it.

So DC's first official session went well I suppose! He was happy. :) What I REALLY want to do is a circuit workout, but I'm trying to brainstorm in my head as to HOW, with the way the gym is set up. He's ADD big time...lol.

Cookie- Yes I am excited! However, financially for a little while I might be shooting myself in the foot! But I have to take that chance and take that leap. Omg that chili sounds so good!! Are you still on for Helene's friday night?

Amelia- Good for you on DOMS! I'm with everyone else....those 2.2 is from the weight training, definitely. I try and weight myself after a cardio or rest day....lol Like after doing squat rack yesterday? No way am I getting on the scale. Thank god weigh in is tomorrow for BFFM.

Deb- It's not a huge gym.....but there's really no competition around, and it's not in a city, it's out in the suburbs (which is good, in my opinion, I want away from the "city life"). It's CLEAN....DC has done such a nice job with it according to people I've talked to already. I'm not telling DG anything....once I make it official to my boss today, it'll spread like wildfire. Have a great workout today!! I think I'm gonna try the spray tan eventually.

Helene- LOL @ celebrating with broccoli! Friday is my re-feeding day too! :D Glad you got out of badn weather in Lake George....it was crappy here all day Sunday. I have friday off! It's going to be a good day, I train in the morning, then I"m going with my 3 year old cousin to Hoffmans' playland for his daycare field trip. My cousin is very pregnant and can't go on any of the rides with him, so I was the chosen one! I can't wait (well, my stomach can wait...lol). And what time are you figuring for Friday night? I was thinking of making a white bean tuna spread and/or Zucchini Hummus? Maybe a bottle of red?? ;) Nice workouts this week! You hit the ground running with this!

Trish- Nice workout yesterday!! Hope you had a good day yesterday. ;)

Ok....off to sweat for a minute...BBL

Good Morning Gals!:)

Busy day at work yesterday. It will probably be fairly busy from here on in now that we have the military contracts. Good thing is no one is under my feet and my manager is kept busy b/c we are short staffed! LOVE IT!;)

Yesterday's workout was little over 10k run, outside with the dog. He is naturally I very energetic dog b/c he is a lab and running takes him down a few notches...which is great! I am not sure when my new workouts were shipped from collage video or when they will get here. If they come today I will probably do one of those full body workouts and I am going for a run with my running partner and DS in the stroller.

Iris** I wonder what DG is going to think when you disappear. Did you tell anyone where you were going? Cause he may find you!:eek: Hearing your stories are making me excited about completing my course...which of course won't be for a while yet. I received some more books in the mail yesterday. Hoping to get some studying done this weekend at work!

Ameila** Don't pay much attention to the scale. The HRM I use to wear was all over the place. If I got to close the the t.v it would go all over the place. I don't think it ever read right. I got a reading of just over 200 cals for HST one time. It pissed me off so I stopped wearing it. What does DH think of you having another dog? DH would lose his mind if I brought home another pet! LOL

Helene** Im not sure what I am going to do with my course yet. I was thinking of opening a small gym (b/c DH has rental room at the back of his business) and it wouldn't cost a whole lot to open something like that. But then I wonder if I should jump head first. I am sure I will have no problem getting enough clients to work with while I stay working at my current job but it may be to hard to handle with family life along with everything else. I guess we will have to see how it goes!

Cookie** Good job at starting the thread! LOL See...its easy! Now when Belinda goes back to Germany you will have to get up super early to beat her to it! haha!

Trish** Hope you had a good nights rest!

Deb** What are you plans for the day??

Alright...I started this and then my running partner called....30 mins later I am back! I am sure someone as checked in since I started this!!

Lori:)

Morning

Well girls,(and it aches me to say this) but I think I've decided to pass on getting the puppy:( after i thought about it(and my mom helped w/the decision) i think it would be too much of a PITA to potty train/get shots/eventually neuter...so,not right now:( She already gave away my favorite one anyway:mad:

Today the water weight is down so I'm happy about that, now to work on getting in a loss this week. Ugh, i tell ya girls...im getting sick of dieting all the time. The only thing that is keeping me going at this point is pure stubbornness:D:p

Today will be legs(i think) guess i'll do 4ds legs since it seems to be the easiest of Cathe's;) thought about doing a circuit too, not sure yet. I need to make sure i don't have a weight day before my weigh in on sunday too...

Cookie-I'm afraid i will have to take a rain check on HSC today. After yesterdays workout then an hour of cutting grass, then entertaining my mom ...im just not up for that kind of challenge:confused: I will have to include the puppy on the rain check too....but just hearing you describe a basset hound makes want one i've got to stick to my guns. Lint Dark Chocolate sounds delish. Unfortunately i never did get a chance to meet Belinda, around the same time we were suppose to meet all my electronics got struck then She was sick...so we never got a chance to get together, maybe next time. Hey,i may do another circuit instead..how about LIC or C&W? Are you game?

Iris-Yes, definitely no more weighing after a weight day...good grief! Sounds like DC maybe a challenge with his ADD, lol...sounds like my mom. I feel like i have to get in as much information as i can while i have her attention...she starts getting bored,its downhill from there:confused:

Lori-DH said no about the dog, even when the kids(and me) kept bringing it up he still says no. Nice run yesterday...does your lab shed like a water buffalo? I gave my lab a bath yesterday and :eek: on all the clumps of hair coming off...reminded me of the pictures i see of the buffalo with there clumps of hair...LOL. And i agree w/ya on the HRM, think i will put mine up for a while...i don't even know why i wear it to begin with, just another reason to pat myself on the back i suppose:rolleyes:

Hello to everyone that follows..i will try and bbl if not i will check in tomorrow with my workout.

Hi girls,

I have a dentist appointment this morning and work afterwards. I plan to do BBL Rio Extreme after work. I'm so behind with computer work, housework etc . . .:(

Cookie - Wow, you were the 1st to start. That Chili sounds awesome dessert & dinner all in one:D Hoping the 2 weeks go's by quickly.

Iris - Your becoming quite the cook, yummy dishes your taking to Helene's:) I could just imagine the stress your feeling maybe after you tell your boss you'll feel better. A clean gym is great, not all of them are.

Lori - Your dog is going to be ready for the summer;) That sounds like a great idea working from DH's shop, you may get clients that way too.

Helene - We used to go to a breakfast place in Lake George called Sutton's it was so good:) They also have a furniture place attached and we bought our DS an awesome children's bed from there.

Amelia - Did you do HST today?

Trish - Great job with I-Climb yesterday:)

Belinda - Hopefully you were able to get home.

Have a great day:)

Hey Girls!

We went for a run in the a.m and pushing that stroller with 30lbs in it, really did me in! Ugh!:eek: It isn't to bad when I go it alone but when I go with my friend, I try to keep up with her. I can manage but I can't talk! LOL She offered to push the stroller if its nice tomorrow! haha!

I also wanted to get some kind of weight workout in but wasn't sure how I was gonna swing it with DS playing in the backyard. So I text DH and asked if he wanted to workout tonight...and he does...now WHAT TO DO?? I wanted to do a full body workout but after our last workout, I don't think he would be to impressed. And Im sure he wouldn't be impressed with a hour long leg workout either. We could do 4DS legs and shoulders? Not to long.

Ameila** So you are upset about not getting the dog?? LOL I thought you had some really bad news, like you weren't checking in anymore! hehe! I am sorry though...I can't sympathize b/c I know how much work goes into one so I am kinda thinking " your crazy girlfriend!" haha! I can't imagine having to train anything right now. And they are like babies in the beginning b/c they wake you up AND they may not always go back to sleep!!! I think you have enough dogs! haha! But hey...what do I know. Glad to hear the water weight is gone, hopefully you will have a loss this week.

Deb** Did you have any cavities?? ;) For once I have nothing in my mouth that needs fixing! Hope you are having a good day at work!

I may bbl, if not I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Howdy girls,

I have exactly 13 mins to get this post in:) I'm still feeling DOMs from Monday's PH wo:D Did M1D12 Legs and my LB is screaming at me. I LOVE IT!! Tomorrow is just cardio and I'm hoping I get enough rest/get up early enough to do CC PP. I need another long cardio session.

Cookie - Howdy...what a shock to see you starting the thread:p It took a while to get used to Iris and now you've thrown me for a loop. I agree, that chili does sound good! I'm trying a new turkey sloppy joe recipe tonight. Hope the family likes it;)

Iris - Wow, I'm so excited for you!! New life chapters are so scary and fun at the same time:) I wouldn't be suprised if DG goes and gets a membership just so he can annoy you some more;)

Lori - Wow, DH is really up for more Cathe:eek:??? Pushing that stroller around during a run sounds like quite the leg wo!

6 mins left...I type kind of slow, I think:confused:

Amelia - My HRM was just on the fritz (said my hrm was 58% when I was gasping for air!!). Turned out I was due for a battery change. Sorry about the puppy. It's very easy to get attached. Enjoy 4DS

Deb - I feel like I am behind on EVERYTHING these days. Have fun with BBL!

Helene - Hope you're having a great day!

Toodles.

Back again.
Iris, yes, another milestone broken in my life. Your's is certainly exciting and it's wonderful to live it thru you. When did he open the gym? Just curious how he is recruiting clients.
Lori, thanks for your clear directions on how to start the thread. Great how we all encourage each other. You'll just run around to gather your clients up. What test are you taking for your certification?
Deb, Sutton's is a nice place. Small world isn't it? How do you like BBL? What kind of exercises do you do with it? Hope the dentist appt went well.
Amelia, sorry about the dog. I can totally relate to wanting one and not getting another. I've been hinting around about one for about six months, and it has only been with great restraint that I haven't gone to the animal shelter "just to look around." We have about 3 acres for them with Invisible Fence and an enclosed kennel area for the three we have, so one more really wouldn't be that bad. That's what I tell myself. I can still remember names and faces of many dogs I've almost gotten over the years. In two years time my dd will leave for college and then it will only dh and I (or so I hope!), and then I probably won't want the upkeep of four. But can you tell I'm still wavering... I wasn't thinking kind thoughts of Cathe or FF this morning with all those leg presses. This rotation is going to turn me into a true hard a**.
Helene, how's your day going? When is your next long day with the international call? Looking forward to Friday. I'd appreciate some suggestions on what to bring.
Trish, this rotation is frying my legs. Honestly don't remember them feeling doms all the time. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep so I can do cardio also. Think I'm going to pull out Amy Bento's last kickbox one for a change of pace tomorrow.
Belinda, we miss you. Hope you're doing better and can post soon.
Okay, have to do a bit of work and then can't wait to watch what I hope is the final game in the Stanley Cup championship. Hope I can stay awake.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.