Commit to get fit and lean for Aug 7, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!

My excerise today is disc 9:D

Lori, did you fall of the earth? Where are you? Miss having you around.

Hi and Welcome, Maudite! Glad you join our little group. Are you doing STS or a rotation?? I am sure you will lose those 12 pounds in no time. We are all in this together.

Iris, awesome job with ME yesterday. How are you doing?

Amelia, hope you get IMAX2/C&W soon! They both great workouts. ((((HUGS)))) on missing DS, it will take a few days until you get used to the kids being in school again. Think of all the time you will have for yourself, LOL!

Debbie, did you start M3 yesterday? How long do you spin? Hope you had fun. I couldn’t look at your pictures yesterday, because I forgot to sign in.

Cookie and Debbie, did you buy the Cathlrte t-shirt???? I really like it.

Gianna, how is your chest/shoulder& biceps felling today? I still have DOMS for that one.

Trish, no party this weekend. LOL! Glad you enjoyed your time with DD, I miss spending time with mine. WTG, on disc 15 yesterday.

Take care and keep up the gret work:eek:

Have a great Friday.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am alternating weeks of STS and circuit/boot camp style workouts. Of course there are cardio days in between. Lately I just have no drive (I woke up late again this morning - mornings being when I workout). After finishing the 3-1/2 month STS rotation I was going to try the 6 month but I found it really boring to repeat so many times. That's why I decided to start alternating workout types.

Are you doing the 3 or 6 month STS rotation? I see you are on disk 9. Meso 1 is my favorite, although I really loved Meso 2 leg workouts (they are just killer).

Anyway, thank you again for welcoming me to your group and for the support already!

Good Morning!:D

Nope...nope....didn't fall off of the face of the earth, I am still around;) I went to visit my parents for a few days and just got home yesterday evening but didn't have anytime to check in. DS is still asleep so this is the perfect time to check in. We were going to go for a run at 9:30 but its almost 9 and he isn't showing any signs of waking up!

We went for a run last night and i thought I was going to be sooooo sick. For some reason the soup I ate was just sitting in my stomach. It was a different kind of soup with different spices so maybe thats why. Other then that, I could have ran and ran and ran! So on Tues i did about 12 kms, Wed 10kms, last night about the same and I don't know how far we are going today.

I also signed up for the same race I did last yr! You guys remember the crazy race with all the hills? Its not until Oct which gives me lots of time to train for it. Training started the 23rd of Aug but I may start doing hills next week to get my bod ready for it! I have also convinced 3 other girls to do it with me! LOL They are going to be so mad at me when its over! haha!

I will bb later. I am working night shifts so I will have lots of time to check in this weekend!

Lori:)

hey guys...just put the kids on the school bus and now im deciding on what workout to do. Ive been such a bum this week, just taking it easy from everything...including workouts. If i do a LB and a 60min cardio today i will be all caught up with my rotation. DH wants to eat out for lunch...H-E-L-P:confused:

Maudite, Welcome to the thread!
toyou.gif
Glad you joined us! No worries,your drive will emerge and you will be back in the game:). ive been having one of those weeks as well:rolleyes: just can't seem to get the drive to start...ugh! Coming here helps alot,seeing all these great workouts getting done.

Belinda-I hounded DH and he finally agreed Im purchasing P90X on the 19th....:eek: so i can't get any other workouts right now:(. Aww man,i saw a sneek video clip on p90x arms and shoulders and WOW,it IS intense! Of course Cathe will always have a special place in my heart;) Have fun with dis 9 today!

Lori....? Where did you go girl? Hope everything is ok?

Hey to Gianna,Trish,Debbie and Cookie!

bb

Good Morning!:D

Nope...nope....didn't fall off of the face of the earth, I am still around;) I went to visit my parents for a few days and just got home yesterday evening but didn't have anytime to check in. DS is still asleep so this is the perfect time to check in. We were going to go for a run at 9:30 but its almost 9 and he isn't showing any signs of waking up!

We went for a run last night and i thought I was going to be sooooo sick. For some reason the soup I ate was just sitting in my stomach. It was a different kind of soup with different spices so maybe thats why. Other then that, I could have ran and ran and ran! So on Tues i did about 12 kms, Wed 10kms, last night about the same and I don't know how far we are going today.

I also signed up for the same race I did last yr! You guys remember the crazy race with all the hills? Its not until Oct which gives me lots of time to train for it. Training started the 23rd of Aug but I may start doing hills next week to get my bod ready for it! I have also convinced 3 other girls to do it with me! LOL They are going to be so mad at me when its over! haha!

I will bb later. I am working night shifts so I will have lots of time to check in this weekend!

yeah, I remember that race! The comment" you mean were going up THAT hill' comes to memory;):p:D Atleast you know about all the hills now. You didn't tell your friends about the hills, you naughty thing;)

enjoy your run today:)

Morning!
Am running late already to leave for work, so what's a few more minutes, right?
Didn't get to check in yesterday. As soon as I got home, we left to go see the Harry Potter movie, got home, and that was all she wrote. Woke up early this morning to catch up on that neverending work.
Belinda, how did disc 9 go? Are you enjoying sts? I loved it. think once that pull/push bar comes out, I'll redo it. No parties this weekend? Deb got the Cathelete shirt, and then I had to get one so I could have her "nearby" when I wear it. Haven't had a chance to wear it yet, though; probably next week when I'm on vacay!
Lori, glad you're still okay. Of course, we remember race and joy of those hills. You know you'll have no trouble with them after all you've done this year.
Amelia, glad you're hopping right back ont that wagon. For me, nothing like a good wo to make things okay. You must be raising your children to be self-confident that they don't have a hard time starting school. Congrats! How did you decide on 90?
Trish, I've been thinking of you having to get all those costumes together. Don't miss those days, and I really dislike leaders who make those last minute changes and expect others to run around and adjust. How's the shoulder?
Iris, great job on ME. Glad you checked in. What's on tab for today?
Deb, did you work that stress out? Hope things calm down for you. KB usually really helps me, and I just think of the stress as what I'm punching. Are you on Meso 3? Did you try plyo yet? Let me know when you do and what you think of it, please. How's the family?
Gianna, how are things your side of the world? What are you doing today?
Maudite, welcome! Are you doing sts today?
Did intervals again today. Have a hair appt to cover up the roots, and three meetings!
Catch ya later!
Cookie

Good morning Cookie,

this morning I did disc 9 (legs), let me tell you my legs are on fire right now! I worked them good. I will post my workout soon.

DH came home for lunch, told me tomorrow is another party:rolleyes: We also have to visit a friend in the hopital. What color t-shirt did you get? I like them:p I have to have one:p:D

wTG on your workout this morning, have fun getting your hair done! BBL!

Hi girls,

I am back!

Squat Lunge Sequence 8
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate 13
Lateral Step Ups (BB) 52
Deadlifts Wide Stance (BB) 75
Side Lunge onto Six Inch High Step (dumbbell) 28
45 Degree Lunge (Same Leg) 20
Squats Narrow Stance (BB) 85
Static Low End Lunge Same Leg 3/1 Count 52
Plie Squats Alternating Hand (dumbbell) 26
Deadlifts Wide Stance (BB) 75
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate (dumbbell) 20
Side Slide Lunges with Paper Plate 20
Front Lunge Same Leg (BB) 66
Squats (dumbbell) 85
Calf Raises (dumbbell) 20
Leg Press (dumbbell, High Step) 28
Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform (dumbell) 45
8Wall Squats Double Leg (body weight) 5
One Leg Deadlift (Toes Elevated) 3/1 Count 51

this ones burned!:p

Leg raises (r + L)
Outer Thigh
Hamstring and Glute Work with Plate Alternating le
Hamstring and Glute Work with Plate Both legs
Adductor Glide Ins
Adductor Hamstring Glide In
Glute Presses

I already feeling DOMS in my legs! I went alot slower than Cathe.

Off to enjoy the day! Have a good one! I will be back for personals!

Wow a busy morning here I see.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but instead I'm taking today because I have my MRI at 11:20.....*sigh* I will run for a bit tomorrow....I ran two days ago...the first time since the accident....my shins are hurting and my knee is aching just a bit...so I will hold off until tomorrow. I am starting with couch to 5k....I think it's a great way to re-introduce my knee to running!

Belinda- great workout today!! I have been feeling a little better trying not to beat myself up for falling a few steps behind........and I'll feel even better after getting the results of this MRI

Cookie- Are you a year rounder for the school system? Or do you get a couple of months off??

Amelia- I try not to worry when I go out to eat........especially lunch or breakfast because I think most places offer healthier alternatives! If someone wants to go out for breakfast, I try and lean towards Denny's because they have egg whites + beaters, wheat pancakes, etc......it's not perfect but I feel a lot less guilt!

Ok bbl...hopefully w/ good news....

Good morning girls,

I'm going to the gym to do a zumba class. Last night I attempted Meso 3 Plyo legs. I only was able to do 1/2 the DVD. I hope to do the other 1/2 today. It's funny because Cathe even says you need to do the whole DVD at once to get the benefit. Am I the only one who struggled with this?? It's as if Cathe knew:D.

Belinda - Wow, I think you lift heavier than Cathe in STS. You go girl!!! Cookie & I both picked the brown Cathlite shirt.

Maudite - Welcome to the group. I'm with you on wanting to lose lbs!!

Lori - Hills are so tough to run. The 5K I did had one really tough hill and a lot of people walked it. Does the race have more than 1?

Amelia - Isn't it amazing once the kids are in school, your time still gets taken up:p There just isn't enough hours in a day.

Cookie - Plyo killed me. I kept thinking of how much you liked it, when my DH walked in the room and saw me struggling, I told him and my friend loves this:confused:. I do think it's a really good w/o! Ruth did check-in briefly the day after the roadtrip but haven't seen her here again.

Trish - Your doing really good with STS:). It's great that you can bring your children to work. It must be easier.

Iris - It's great that you are starting up with running again:D. Good luck w/appt. today.

Gianna - I'll have to check-out that website this weekend. Enjoy your workout.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi girls,

Lori, glad your are back, girl. I must have missed your post, you going to your parents house, sorry! Sounds like the spices messed up your stomach. WTG, on signing up for the next race. Of course, I remember that race:p

Amelia, what did you eat for lunch? I hope PX90 is working for you, I am excited for you. Work those legs today.

Cookie, I thought disc 9 was a killer! I didn’t remember that one,lol! I love STS so far. I really like doing the 3 ½ month rotation. I can’t believe next week I am starting week 4!

Where is Ruth?

Iris, glad things are turning around for you. Glad the couch to 5k, is working for you. Do don’t want to rush into things to soon. Good luck, with your MIR today.

Off cleaning my house!

Hey girls,i had a great workout this morning. First i went out to do CCV5, got 18mins into it and my MP3 player died...went another 25 mins doing run intervals. Then i came home and did PH LB...i was burning!
Total time 1:08
Total burned 606

Cookie-Im trying my best to raise self confident,independent childeren. Its so important for them to have a mind of there own. As far as 90,i wanted to try something different..Awesome job on your intervals today!

Debbie-Enjoy your Zumba class! Ive got a dance type workout coming through netflix today, its somba,salsa..different mixes of latin dances...im excited! :)

Iris-I hear the couch to 5k program is awesome! Sending you postive vibes on your MRI!

Belinda-I had some NPB on some crackers this morning and some greek yogurt...im not sure where dh wants to go to lunch? WTG on your leg workout...nice stats girl!

Hey to everyone that follows..time for a shower and some house cleaning. I may have

Hey Gals!

Just getting into work and checking out the forums before I actually do some "work" :eek: I may find the time to read some of my book, cross stitch and watch Y&R...but don't tell:p

We went for a 14 km run today. Tomorrow is going to be a shorter run and on Sunday we are going to do a longer one. I shouldn't have to take DS with me the next 2 runs either. He is starting to become a pain in my butt. When he gets bored he starts throwing things out of the stroller, until he has nothing left and then he will whine the rest of the way home, until I give him one of his toys back. Back to STS on Mon!

Belinda** Sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up. I am totally partied out!! Im done drinking, socializing,being nice to people I don't like;) and eating!

Ameila** Whats up with being a bum??? Prehaps you need a little break!:) I think I am getting a little burned out and the week before my training starts for my next race I am going to have a easier week ( I think)

Iris** Let us know what the verdict is! I hope everything is o.k!

Maudite** Welcome to our little group. Hopefully you will be able to get back into the grove of things! I have times like that sometimes. For the most part I push myself to do something and I am grumpy until its over!

Deb** Did you meet cathe? How was it???? Oh this race is 20km long and there is only 3 kms of flat. Of course there is downhill as well but there are 3 major climbs, the last one being a mile long. Alot of people have to walk the last hill b/c they just don't have it in them. I am hoping to shave off another 4 mins off of this time and do it in under 1:40.

Cookie** How was work today? I guess everyone else is happy that its friday but I can't wait for Mon to come around:)

I think thats everyone! I may bbl!

Last edited:
Evening girls,

Today has been a busy day at work so late checking in. Hope you all had a great Friday:) Today's wo was CCV5 (602 cals burned and 7.53 miles). Still haven't gotten any ab work in all week:( Maybe tomorrow...tonight I'm going out with girlfriends I haven't seen in a couple of years. I already looked at the menu so I won't over indulge. It's a french restaurant which I'm not so crazy about anyway:confused:

Belinda - Awesome job on D9! Don't you love those hamstring/plate moves?? They really got me. So, you'll be partying after all:cool: Have fun!

Maudite - Hi there and welcome to the check-in:D Sounds like an interesting rotation you've designed. Let us know how it works for you. I'm struggling with the same old 5 pounds, too. I drop them, stop eating clean and put them right back on. So far this week, I've been good. I think I will try to go beyond the 5 lbs so I can create a little room to play;)

Hey Lori - Nice to hear from you:) How was the time at your parents? Nice run today! I couldn't imagine taking my little ones out exercising with me. It would be a total nightmare.

Amelia - How did your lunch go with DH? Nice cal burn today;) How did DS enjoy his first day of school? Did the second day go as smooth? Sometimes the second day is harder since they know what they are in for.

Hi Cookie - How'd the hair appt go? I'm going to the salon tomorrow for a new style. Not sure what yet, but I know I want something different;) Shoulder is doing pretty good this week. Great job on your intervals today.

Iris - How'd your MRI go? I hope well since you really don't need anything else added to your plate:confused: You might try ice on your knee. It does wonders for me after high-impact work. I'm not familiar with couch to 5k, but I am sure you will be back to running in no time.

Deb - How was zumba today? Did I tell you I got a zumba DVD from a co-worker? I have watched it but quite ready to try it yet. I have a feeling I would like it better live than on DVD. Don't feel bad about the plyo workout. I've actually been thinking about selling mine because I don't think I'll ever be able to do even a quarter of it:(.

Will check in over the weekend.

Oh, I love how our group is growing!!!
Iris, did you get any news yet? Please let us know. Fleet Feet on Wolf Road has running and racewalking groups. I used to join them, and they were nice. A really fun group is ARE - Albany Running Exchange. Have you ever heard of them? OMG, they have this great race, the Hairy Gorilla and Squirrelly Six Miler that is a blast. You might truly enjoy them. Yes, I work 12 months. But right now I'm wishing I didn't.
Trish, what do you do that you can take your children to work with you. I don't know how you can get anything done with them there; I can barely get anything done when they're home let alone at my work! Have fun with the girls tonight. The stylist did my roots. I hate grey hair. Thought I'd be giving it and not getting it. She did it straight, which is how she likes it, since tomorrow is one of my soon-to-be DIL's shower. It's at her mother's house. Hope I don't do or say anything embarassing.
Amelia, don't know why I thought you ran on a treadmill. Sounds like you had a good wo. How was lunch?
Gianna, are you up yet?
Lori, glad you gave DS his toe back!!! It sounds challenging try to run with him.
Deb, hey plyo's not for everyone. Can you do the squat option at your new gym? Is your stress reduced? Hey, maybe you should try some yoga. Can u believe I said that?! Poor LauraMax, did you see she's got slammed on her missing camera thread?
Ok, off to dinner, start packing, and I still have three reports to do before vacation.
Cookie

UP IN OZ

Morning Everyone. I had enjoyed a Saturday sleep in (8am). Planning a run & play with the BOSU - ran out of time to inflate it yesterday. Then entering the 7YO's room(warzone) to find the carpet. Looks like a bomb went off. FUN....I know.

Cookie - The time difference...In Sydney we are 14 hrs ahead of NJ (Cathe's World) & 8hrs ahead of GERMANY(Belinda's world). I know a few of the girls are from NJ, but not sure about everyone. It is a bit confusing with the time difference. I LOVE being able to start the day after reading so many positive results from you all. Very motivating.

Maudite - WELCOME! You have found a group of like-minded individuals. Forget the weight, stay away from the scale for 4-6 weeks. Eat Clean & stick to that wo plan. Take measurements, which are better for comparison later. You will replace fat with muscle with Cathe, so scale may not be the best to look at for results. Clothes getting looser & measurements changing is VERY MOTIVATING. I know it is hard to banish the scale for awhile, but I think it works.....anyway, glad you have joined the forum. These girls definitely motivate me each day.

Belinda - Reading your wo for D9 is making me sore. I did have DOMS from D7. I find the pushups dropset very hard. I actually had to pause it to take a longer break! I really want to stay on my toes for each round, so had to take a breather to do so. One of my plates tore in ABS weights & plates. Thinking I should break down & order the valslides. They may be more durable.

Trish - That Frenchie food is rich&fatty, lucky you don't care for it. Hope you had an enjoyable catch-up with the girls.

Trish & Lori - You inspire me with your running distances. I am stuck at 5-6km. Any advice to breakthrough that mark. Maybe SLOW DOWN to last longer. My HR is 80-95% throughout.

Lori - How long does it take you to run 10km? You little one is amazing to join you during your sessions.

Amelia - 25 minutes of intervals on top of everything else you added to the session...Looks like you are BACK IN ACTION. Not a bad return with 606 cal! Well done.

Deb - I am with you on the plyos. My knees HATE them. My stomach can't stand them for long. They are not for everyone. Let's face it, Cathe is a machine - incredible.

Pinny - Good luck with the knee. I have heard great things about couch -5k. Believing for positive results on the MRI.

Everyone, I know I gotta wrap this up. Quick ?
Reading Tosca Reno's clean eating series, what are your thoughts on formula for success:
80%diet 20%exercise?

Off to the oval......................

Hello everyone!

I saw an invitation on the starting STS thread and would love to participate in the group updates. It sounds so motivating and is much better than lurking I am sure!

I just started STS for 6 months. Tomorrow morning is the second round of Disk 3. I actually inserted my rest day today, it being friday and all :eek: ... not sure if that's a good excuse, but I was wiped.

Otherwise, doing good so far and very happy with STS, I am truly enjoying the approach and it is actually helping me get out of bed in the morning to get it done before going of to work :eek: . I am really looking forward to sharing my progress with everybody and getting some insight as well, would love to loose those stubborn 15 lbs that have become my constant companions after baby no 2 but am really looking for strength improvements and well being.

I look forward to seeing all that you have planned for tomorrow and hearing how the MRI went for Pinny.

Helene (humm Frenchie food, how I miss it!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.