Cold Cereal ideas

ElaineP

Cathlete
I need some cold cereal ideas. Something other than Kashi.
I usually have oatmeal but it is getting to warm for that.

I've been reading that high fructose corn syrup actually shuts off the receptor that tells you that you are full. I would have to agree. I know there are some foods that I could eat until I bust.
I am paying more attention to the labels. That stuff is bad news for me!

i know this will sound not as good as others but i have always been and probably always will be a cheerios girl. either regular or multi grain with fruit. i love all the suggestions mentioned but being on a budget i always go for cheerios. not to broke yet to buy store brand LOL wouldn't want to its def. not the same in that case LOL

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

http://jtjulian2003.tripod.com

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING,WHERE WOULD YOU PUT IT??

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/255246443.jpg

I can't eat cereal in the morning, I have to have my oatmeal! I prefer cereal as a snack w/ yogurt. ;-) I don't care how hot it is outside, gotta have my hot oatmeal!

My favorite is spoon sized shredded wheat. My Mom never allowed me to have cereals with a lot of sugar so I got used to bland cereal.

Colleen

Oh yeah, I like the Barbara's too. The Cinnamon Puffins and PB Puffins are good as well (my girls love those too!).

Fiber One , the original, is surprisingly sweet and tasty! You'd never think it could taste so good,. And it is FILLED with fiber , 14g per 1/2 Cup!

I usually have 1 cup, with fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries) and 1 tbsp. of walnuts, and milk. It's so good! i eat it for a snack sometimes too.

And there are TONS of recipes you can substitute crushed Fiber one for the coating (oven fried chicken, etc)...

Good stuff!

~Chris

I know you said no Kashi, but have you tried the Kashi shredded wheat, both flavors are good. Also, Nature's Way Optimum Zen is good, it cranberry/orange/ginger. Yummers!! And the Optimum Slim is good, although there are little things in there that look like sticks. Oddly enough, the sticks are tasty,

Nan

I have to say Fiber-One also. It's tasty enough to be enjoyable, but not so treat-like (most cereals fall into that category for me) that I want to eat 10 bowls. Plus, with the 60 cal and 14 g fiber I sort of think of it as 'free calories'. The fiber-one raisin bran crunch is really good, too. When I'm craving !chocolate chocolate chocolate!, I have a bowl of that and it totally kills the craving, and I get 11 g fiber in the process!

The regular kind is also good mixed in with yogurt (key lime pie yogurt especially when it's hot :9).

I'm going to have to pick up some Fiber One! My problem with cold cereal is the same one that Tneah and Phyllis have -- I could easily eat a whole box in one sitting! I haven't bought any in so long, but will have to try Fiber One again. Thanks for the recommendations!:9

WOW! Thanks for all the ideas.

I can't eat Kashi or flax. They both make me very bloated and gasey(?sp). I've seen Nature's Path at my local grocery store. I'll have to check that one out as well as fiber one.

Thanks!!

I do love my oatmeal :9 but without air conditioning and temps getting up there
it is really hard to eat it.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.