(--)(--)cleanandtidy-humpday(--)(--)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

This morning was the fit test. Holy smokes. I thought I was going to puke. After each drill I was grabbing my knees. I think this series is going to be a challenge for me! I think I'm still recovering from my cold and I haven't worked out in about 2 weeks so I'm feeling the effects of that. Either way, here goes nothing!

I was excited to see the shock cardio update. I'm so anxious for that to come out!! Hopefully I'll get a decent amount of time with it before our cruise. If it came out early November, that would be perfect!

Well, I still need to shower and get going. Have a happy hump day and keep it clean!!

Good Morning Everyone ! Hi Angie !! :)

I am always dealing with insomnia - so am often up for the day at 3 or 4......NOT BY CHOICE !!!!:mad::mad:
This morning I woke up at 2:45 !!! Again...:mad:

But I refuse to let it ruin my day.....so moving ON !!!!.....

Angie I'm impressed that you are doing Insanity !!! I really am interested what you think as you do it. Some of it looks really good to me, but I just don't go for that "throw up factor". I had it a little with Plyo legs and I just don't enjoy working out until I feel like I'm going to get sick !!!

Today is S&H bi's & tri's . I'll add in some core too.

I keep smelling chocolate. WHY would I smell chocolate, sitting in my living room in the middle of the night ???:confused: I seriously don't know where it's coming from but it's making me really hungry !!!:p
I must be strong. Stay AWAY from the kitchen !!!

Thank you all my new friends on FB! It's fun to get to know everyone a little better that way . :)

Becky

:p I found the source of the CHOCOLATE !!!
My DD was up late last night and was obviously snacking, because on the table next to me she left the chocolatey milk in a bowl from COCO PUFFS !!!!!! :p
At least I wasn't losing it !! ;)

I was sitting in the dark and didn't see it .........finally flipped on a light and there it was.

At least it is 5 am now, and I can tell myself it's time for Breakfast ......not chocolate !!

Becky

Becky, sorry about your insomnia! That's no fun. I was wondering how you were able to comment on my fb status in the middle of the night! Is it something you've dealt with for a long time? I had it pretty bad when I was pregnant. It's so horrible! Are you able to rest during the day at all? Glad you found the choclate culprit?

I'll keep everyone posted on how I feel about Insanity. I previewed the Plyo Cardio Circuit today and it definitely seems to have that puke factor. But, watching it, I'm thinking (hoping) that there is no way that the weight shouldn't melt off me!

Hope S&H goes well for you today. Aside from STS (and some of the REALLY old stuff), that is the only Cathe series I don't have. I get bored with slow/heavy lifting so I've never been super tempted. :)

Off to put away some laundry. BBL...

Hi ladies!

Angie - Yowza with the Insanity! I'm not too into the puking feeling when working out also. I like to push myself, but not to that point. You should def. see the pounds melt off I'm sure!

Becky - Insomnia huh? Too funny about the Cocoa Puffs. Do you nap during the day when you get up in the middle of the night? Have fun with S&H.

Sorry I have been so sporadic lately. It was such a long day today (yesterday for you ladies). DH's cousin is in the ICU for observation from being hit at football practice. He has a severe concussion so they are keeping him there for the next 24-48hrs. That in turn made me worry about my son and my nephew who both started tackle football last month. DH said he will get a really good helmet for ds asap. The worries of motherhood! I stayed up with ds until past 9 to help him finish up his homework. His teacher this year is wonderful, but gives a lot of homework. I bathed the baby then was getting ready to workout when we got the call about DH's cousin being in ICU so DH went down to the hospital and no workout for me. Today eats were really clean. I have to confess that while I'm up waiting for DH to come home, I want to eat a bowl of ice cream. Thankfully I'm too tired to walk downstairs and I don't want to leave the baby alone upstairs. In the morning I need to take my car in to get fixed *sigh* then another full day of working from home and kids' practices. Planning on doing FF's Jan 09 rotation. I'm already one day behind so might just start it next week. I did get an uphill stroller walk on Monday though and my legs were burning the next day! Sorry this was so long. Have a great Wednesday ladies!

Lisa

Morning ladies! Sorry about the insomnia Becky - I can't relate, I have the opposite problem (anxiety + depression = sleep all.the.time). Angie, Insanity scares me - good for you for attempting it, and good luck!

Yesterday was a stressful and emotional day for me - I caved and had Chris bring home mexican takeout. I didn't want to cook - just wanted to curl up on the couch.

My MRI is at 7 am - I need to shower and get mostly ready for work, but I do think I am going to come home to get dressed and eat breakfast before heading to work.

See you all at lunch time hopefully!

quickie,,,,

Angie, WTG on Insanity! I like the idea of the fit test then repeating it so you can see your improvements/

Becky, Sorry for the insomnia. I get it whole pregnant and it was REAL BAD w/ Julia!

Lisa, I hope that boy is able to recover! Tackel fball would scare the tar outta me!!!

Katie, ((((hugs)))) on a hard day y'day.....
Good luck w/ the MRI! Will you knwo right away?

-
Eats have been great. I was up SO LATE w/ payroll it's not funny. Crazy day ahead....bbl....I hope!

Hey all,

Sitting here enjoying a scrumptious grilled chicken salad with apples, cukes, shaved almonds - all sorts of yummy! Breakfast was a protein shake and mid morning snack was a clif bar and babybel cheese.

Lisa, I think football is the main reason God gave me girls. I couldn't handle it! Keep us posted on DH's cousin! How scary! Hope your day today is more peaceful!

Katie, hope the MRI goes well! I'm jealous of your take-out!

Kate, how's little J today? I like the idea of the fit test too. Hopefully in 2 weeks I'll have some noticeable improvements!

Time for Ellie's nap! She's all sorts of grouchy from being up all night. Hopefully this helps and I can spend some time with Anna.

MRI was fine - they covered me with a warm blanket and I fell asleep! I see my dr on Monday and will find out then.

Kate, I need a nap just reading your posts. Get some sleep!
Angie, you food sounds yummy! Your excitement about Insanity is contagious!

Off to work!

Good Morning Everyone!

This morning I did Insanity Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs. This is the only workout so far where I have a little bit of the puke factor. You do high intensity cardio drills straight through without any breaks. Usually by the 3rd to last one my stomach gets a little queasy. Today is a busy day because I have PT and then I have to turn right around and meet Chris and then drive to go out with friends for dinner.

Angie, I was really surprised I saw good results in my Fit Test. I really didn't think I would see any improvement.
Katie, I am jealous of your MRI nap. I hope your hip is okay.
Lisa, sorry about your nephew. I hope he is okay. Good thing that laziness prevented you from stress eating.
Becky, DH has insomia sometimes too. He says he can't sleep if there is something on his mind. Hope you can get a nap today.
Kate, sorry you were up late doing payroll. Hope your day is less crazy than you think it will be.

I'm still so mad at my boss I woke up at 5:30 this morning and obsessed about it some more. I know, some of you are up that early every day, but my alarm doesn't go off until 7:30 and I rarely wake up before my alarm. I was going to get up and run, but it was kind of gray and looked like it might rain. So I stayed in bed and read because I have a book to finish for book club. Anyway, I'm going to have to talk to him today or it will make me crazy.

Okay, enough self absorption!

Colleen, great work out! I aspire to work out as much as you do again one day.

Katie, I hope the results of your MRI are good.

Angie, your salad sounds great!

Kate, you were up late? I'm shocked.

Lisa, I'm so sorry about the concussion. I hope he's okay. How scary!

Becky, I saw on your FB pictures that you've been to the Crab Shack on Tybee Island. I *love* Tybee Island. I've only ever been there in the off-season, but that's perfect for me, as I don't like crowds. I remember thinking it must be an interesting place because it has a year-round population of about 800, but there's a bail bonds office on the main strip. When were you there?

Hi Steph, Patti, Nina, and Klaudia! Kl, are you enjoying the beach? One of my colleagues was in Saugatuck last week.

Okay, I have to get some work done and talk to my boss before lunch. Ugh. I hate these kinds of conversations. I'm debating whether or not I should tell him this decision is going to make me an angry and bitter employee.

anne

Good morning ladies!

Well the heat broke a bit here yesterday...my word, its been crazy hot. Even the dog was sweating :)

Angie, good for you about insanity, i too am waiting for your updates. Looks like Colleen has a 'puke' factor thing though..it must be tough

Becky, sorry about the insomnia, i get it too, its worse when i'm hungry! I thought maybe the chocolate was calling you..good w/o too

Lisa, that's terrible about DH's cousin, i hope he's okay...

Katie, i'm sorry you're feeling down, but i'm glad the MRI went okay for you. How are you feeling today?

Kate, hello!!

Colleen, it seems like insanity is a killer..but you are too, so i'm sure you're bringing it

Anne, is there any way you can call in sick for the days your boss said 'no' too? I know that's suspicious, but it seems like people where i work seem to get away with it somehow, i know that's bad though..

Hi everyone!!

Today, i'm thinking cardio and abs, likely IMAX 3, KM blasts and Ab ripper x..

BBL
Steph

good morning! early am here too - aidan woke at 4. after i nursed him, i hit the road and did another long run. abs too. need to do legs later. today was finn's first day of preschool!! they don't want paretns to walk kids into the class, so a 6th grader walks your child in from the car. well, i was sceptical, but it eliminated finn's usual "mommy, don't go!" no tears at all! except me of course, as we drove away:eek: hope tomorrow goes as smooth. dh and i are quiet and cool, but no active fights, so that is good. and i am starting to make progress on all my paper work from the move - claims and such! eats were super clean y-day, will be today. my weight is down a bit, so i am thrilled.

katie, nice am nap! good luck with results.

lisa, how terrifying about the icu. finn and aidan will be too little for football i think/pray.

becky, sorry for the insomnia. have you ever gotten help for it?

steph, nice wo planned. i have imax 3 blasts only on tap for tomorrow.

anne, good luck with your boss. let me know how it goes.

kate, when does school start? wtg with clean eats.

colleen, that wo sounds awesome. lately with running outside in 80+ degrees and 97% humidity, i always want to puke:p

hi robin, hi klaudia!

angie, yummy menu so far today!

bbl

What a full day here already! Met a friend and her fam for breakfast @ CrackerB. I behaved and got cheerios and a banana.:D NONE of DD's french toast or pancakes! WTG ME!!!

Angie, Ju is def improving, thank goodness!
Your lunch sounds superyummy.
Enjoy your time with Anna - that 1on1 is so wonderful!

Katie, Glad you could sneak in a little nap!:D

Colleen, Can't say I ike the pukey feeling either!:eek:
Have a fun dinner out! Sounds great!

Anne, Good luck w/ BossMan today!
Who? Me? Up late?!?!?! So unusual, huh?! :p

Steph, Killer WO! Glad it's not so hot!

Nina, Glad pre-k was a success! I can totally relate to the tears! OUr school stars Sept 8 and I'm sure I'll be a mess! I'll keep it together til they get on the busy then I'll lose it!:(
Quiet & cool is better than fighting! Hang in there - you're both under major stress righ tnow!
Hurray on wiehgt down - that's what I'm aiming for! I'm bak to daily wieghing thelast couple days - I hate it but it tends to work.:(

Kate I love ya, girl. :) I'm here, just not on the computer much this week. I stupidly hurt my leg- Max's stroller was falling over backwards (you know, from too many bags hanging on it) and I caught it with my shin and it slid all the way down and bruised the heck out of my shin bone and ankle. Weird, but it kills. Then I got depressed since I can hardly walk much less workout. So I've been hanging with the kids, no workouts and diet, well, let's just say I'm a baaaaad girl. Le sigh. Anyway, kind of a break all the way around for me. I'll get back on track, I swear. I miss you guys.

Patti, so sorry about the injury! Take care and check in when you can!
Kate, ^5 on the clean breakfast! CB pancakes are HARD to resist, I know!
Nina, poor mommy on the first day of preschool. Awesome run this morning!
Steph, LOL at the sweaty dog! I am feeling better today, thanks for asking.
Anne, sorry for the early am anxiety. Hope you get a chance to talk things out with your boss.
Colleen, YIKES on the sounds of that workout. Have a fun busy evening!

My job is starting to get nuts... Just as I need to take it easy with my stress level and Dr appts! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back to the grind...

Anne (I think you asked about Tybee Island & the crab shack)..... I LOVE it there too !
We go to Hilton Head every year and always visit Tybee & the crab shack. We are going next month and I can't wait !!!!
The crab shack gets CRAZY busy nights in the summer, but we usually go for lunch and it's not so bad.

Kate, I LOVE Cracker B and I usually try to be good and get oatmeal , but the pancakes call to me ! They are one of my very fav. foods !!!

Patti, I hope you feel better soon. It IS depressing when you get injured and you WANT to workout but you can't.

I've talked to many drs about my insomnia, have had it for years and years. They've prescribed Ambien CR, Sonata, Lunesta, .......ALL of those, plus over the counter meds, an old med that used to be prescribed for depression, that now is prescribed for insomnia, herbs......none worked , or had awful side effects.
I def. have a severe case. I take Melatonin now.....and only sleep straight through the night occasionally. Still, when it was at it's worst, I would be up for days with NO sleep, so it's worth taking to me. Crazy stuff.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.